JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: Jake the Peg "Who are the creditors? Is a big chunk of them season pass sales? Got anywhere with those other questions yet?'"

Has she got those yet?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: Jake the Peg "We're not agreeing at all. You perpetuate the myth that we're on the edge of a financial abyss and I say we're not. We appear poles apart to me. If pass ales are down and we disappear in the next 12 months then I'll openly admit you were right. if we're still here in 12 months, operating at full cap and running an U23's team that we don't need to then you can come and admit I'm right again.

As for the credit rating you still haven't answered my question about other clubs with no ground of their own.

I haven't seen the filed accounts, only the balance sheet which doesn't look great but without a knowledge of what is sat behind it is meaningless. For all we know, the bulk of the £2.2m creditor figure may be a loan to pearson'"

She started with the doom mongering 2 weeks into pass sales, a full 3 months before the discount deadline, 2 months before seat reservations ended, a full 5 months before the season.

Maybe the cockle got ahead of herself

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: Mrs Barista "What I'm actually saying is this.

The club has lost £1.5m since 2010, lost money last year, is making redundancies and has a credit rating that has worsened appreciably over the last 12 months. I don't see that any of this can be contested. In this context the importance of season pass income to the club IMO is as, if not more, important than it's ever been. In my opinion there's a risk that if the proportion of people not renewing on here is replicated in our fanbase, our ability to operate as a top 8 team will be compromised. Maybe worse.

The bulk of the creditor number is likely to be to AP, of course. There's a note to the accounts that says a going concern basis for their preparation is only feasible because AP says he'll continue to provide backing for the next 12 months; without that backing we wouldn't be a going concern. That's not particularly unusual in RL clubs because of the significant reliance on benefactors by most teams.

As for relevant comparators, who would you suggest? Saints, Leeds, Warrington, Huddersfield and Cas either own their ground or their owners have a controlling stake IIRC. Wigan? Hull KR? Salford? I think Wakey own their ground too.'"

Is the £1.5mill a guess or did AP ring you and tell you?

does the £1.5mill include Manus £200k and the tax mans unconfirmed amount (Poss £200k)

The purchase of county road?

Hudds only own 10% of their ground (hardly controlling stake)
Wigan dont own their ground
Rovers dont own their ground
Salford dont own their ground
Wakey sold theirs years ago when it was thought to be sat on precious, mineable, minerals (still owned by 3rd party)

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: Chris28 "Did Pearson actually say we would go under?'"

Nah Mellow birds made it up

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: bonaire "Pearson needs a wake up call.If he went out and brought in a decent coach that would be the message of intent fans would respond to buying season passes
We now have another unqualified coach for the under 23s.
The next step will be Yeaman coaching the under19s'"

wasnt the point of the merger of the U19's to get them the best coach in the game, and the new club has Webster at the helm

There will be some on here asking if he could do a job at 7 for us still....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "I have no idea how much Manu will be paid, and I suspect you don't either. Not sure if Pritchard is our Marquee player. I recall Pearson saying he was not in favour of the idea. I also seem to think Pritchard could well have been signed before the Marquee signing rule came in.'"

Well that's a load of rubbish! Pearson was claiming Pritchard was the most expensive player in the league on radio not so long back. He's our marquee signing, make no mistake.

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "Just to reiterate my earlier post, since the signing of both Pritchard and Manu, the financial climate of the club has gone down. These players cannot be un-signed.'"

Maybe you could point out the dramatic change in financial circumstances since June then? Such to the extent it would wipe out the increase in revenue from Sky and the RFL golden handshake from the academy merger?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Quote: Jake the Peg "We only signed manu a few weeks ago and we're still pressing ahead with the planned U23's which will reportedly cost £150k p.a. so whilst the financial situation won't be particularly rosy, it's far from the disaster the accountants on the forum are implying'"

In isolation that last set of accounts make poor reading, but that's nothing new.

It think there are a number of factors when have contributed to the perceived financial concerns. Form being probably the main one. But could you imagine the outcry if we did not sign decent players? I suppose its speculate to accumulate. Pearson has committed to these costs, I think he is perhaps looking for some support / backing from the fans on this.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Quote: Jake the Peg "There are probably about 4 or 5 who have said it on here which pales into insignificance compared to the 100's or 1000's who have stopped attending games despite holding season passes. This is a fact, it's not a threat and I can only assume is down to the dire home form of last season'"

I will hold my hand up and say, I missed 5 home games last season despite being a season pass holder. 2 of these were due to work commitments, 3 were towards the end of the season when I fully admit, I simply couldn't be bothered to watch a nothing game.

It has not stopped me renewing my season pass for 2016 though.

Its those who do not attend due to a particular coach being at the helm which puzzles me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: *1865* "Well that's a load of rubbish! Pearson was claiming Pritchard was the most expensive player in the league on radio not so long back. He's our marquee signing, make no mistake.

Maybe you could point out the dramatic change in financial circumstances since June then? Such to the extent it would wipe out the increase in revenue from Sky and the RFL golden handshake from the academy merger?'"

Sam Tomkins is probably going to be the biggest earner in SL next season (I don't know this for fact, but on the basis that it was Wigan's idea for a marquee player solely to get ST back, its a reasonable shout).

Since June, corporates have distanced themselves, some season pass holders have voiced discontent, the SMC are playing hardball.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "I will hold my hand up and say, I missed 5 home games last season despite being a season pass holder. 2 of these were due to work commitments, 3 were towards the end of the season when I fully admit, I simply couldn't be bothered to watch a nothing game.

It has not stopped me renewing my season pass for 2016 though.

Its those who do not attend due to a particular coach being at the helm which puzzles me.'"

Yet you didn't attend because you didn't want to watch a nothing game, isn't one of the main factors of them been "nothing games" the coach. If so, then you didn't attend due to the poor coaching that as put us in the "nothing game" scenario. Not puzzling really

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Tinkerman23 "Yet you didn't attend because you didn't want to watch a nothing game, isn't one of the main factors of them been "nothing games" the coach. If so, then you didn't attend due to the poor coaching that as put us in the "nothing game" scenario. Not puzzling really'"

No, a nothing game, is nothing to do with the coach at all.

The position of the team in the league is not solely down to Radford. The facts of the matter are, there are better teams with better players in the league. Wayne Bennett would not have turned our squad into world beaters. Certainly towards the end of the season when we had a significant amount of injuries, we were stretched to the max. Were the injuries the coaches fault?

The games against Hudds and Cats at the end of the Super 8's held nothing of interest to Hull FC. That's nothing to do with Radford or anyone else who may have been in charge if it were not Radford.

In a similar way, I would not feel the need to attend a pre season friendly game. There is nothing really at stake.

I didn't attend as there was nothing of interest in the game and I invest a significant amount of time and travel into each home game I attend.

We do not have a given right to be at the top end of the league, especially when there are better squads with less injuries. It would appear some have not been around the block with Hull FC enough times to realise this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "No, a nothing game, is nothing to do with the coach at all.

The position of the team in the league is not solely down to Radford. The facts of the matter are, there are better teams with better players in the league. Wayne Bennett would not have turned our squad into world beaters. Certainly towards the end of the season when we had a significant amount of injuries, we were stretched to the max. Were the injuries the coaches fault?

The games against Hudds and Cats at the end of the Super 8's held nothing of interest to Hull FC. That's nothing to do with Radford or anyone else who may have been in charge if it were not Radford.

In a similar way, I would not feel the need to attend a pre season friendly game. There is nothing really at stake.

I didn't attend as there was nothing of interest in the game and I invest a significant amount of time and travel into each home game I attend.

We do not have a given right to be at the top end of the league, especially when there are better squads with less injuries. It would appear some have not been around the block with Hull FC enough times to realise this.'"

Good post, don't agree with much of it, but cant fault your reasoning's if that's what you truly believe

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "Sam Tomkins is probably going to be the biggest earner in SL next season (I don't know this for fact, but on the basis that it was Wigan's idea for a marquee player solely to get ST back, its a reasonable shout).'"

The point is that we have a marquee player. No, I don't expect him to be the most expensive, but it will be hefty! If we can't afford one, we shouldn't sign one! You think Pearson isn't savvy enough to know whether we can afford it or not?

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "Since June, corporates have distanced themselves, some season pass holders have voiced discontent, the SMC are playing hardball.....'"

Let's get one thing straight, the pressure the SMC is applying isn't financial. Allam's just trying to save himself money by strangling the life out of our club.
I fail to see how fan discontent and corporate 'distancing' can cost over £500k. Do you realise the amount of fans we'd have to lose to see that kind of reduction in revenue?
I can't understand how people who believe in Pearson can say how poor he is at forward planning! Because if all these things since June were unforeseen, that's what it indicates! Don't believe the hype.

My position is that I simply don't like the rhetoric Pearson is using. It's sensationalist and causes division at a time when we all need to pull in the same direction! (as evidenced by this very thread).

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Tinkerman23 "Good post, don't agree with much of it, but cant fault your reasoning's if that's what you truly believe'"

That's the beauty of these forums, each to their own opinion.

For the record, I have been a critic of Radfords coaching and I advocated he should have gone by Easter of 2015. Performances have been inconsistent to say the least. We were served up some dower stuff early in the season but then you had performances like the ones away at Warrington, the Magic weekend and home against Cas in the Cup which were great displays of open rugby.

Pearson has backed Radford to the hilt. Fair play to him, as i can see the disadvantage of changing your coach every season. There would be the constant echo of "I need to build my own team", which I always think is a poor excuse.

Well, Radford has has 2 full seasons to form a team of his making. He has sifted out the deadwood he was left with by MacRae etc, he has blooded many youth players who now have the foundations of experience in the top flight. 2016 is the time to deliver!

I want to attend games which have meaning and competitiveness. Something to get your heart pumping when you watch it. Not some end of season dead rubber.

Although I agree the coach is culpable, so are the player and the owner. To single out the coach would be grossly unfair in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: *1865* "The point is that we have a marquee player. No, I don't expect him to be the most expensive, but it will be hefty! If we can't afford one, we shouldn't sign one! You think Pearson isn't savvy enough to know whether we can afford it or not?

Let's get one thing straight, the pressure the SMC is applying isn't financial. Allam's just trying to save himself money by strangling the life out of our club.
I fail to see how fan discontent and corporate 'distancing' can cost over £500k. Do you realise the amount of fans we'd have to lose to see that kind of reduction in revenue?
I can't understand how people who believe in Pearson can say how poor he is at forward planning! Because if all these things since June were unforeseen, that's what it indicates! Don't believe the hype.

My position is that I simply don't like the rhetoric Pearson is using. It's sensationalist and causes division at a time when we all need to pull in the same direction! (as evidenced by this very thread).'"

Bit of a double negative there, would you not agree? How else would Allam strangle the life out of the club if it were not financial.

Do you not agree that the closure of the ticket office on match days will not affect Hull FC financially?

Lets say season ticket sales drop to 6000 in total. That would represent a drop of around 2000. Based on a prudent price of £200 for a season ticket, there is £400k. It would not take many Corporate box / tables to not renew to get to your figure of £500k.

As has been pointed out, we have already lost around 4000 from our average gates of 2010. Id say any further significant loss of regular fan base would be a major problem for the club as a whole. I would not say losing 4000+ fans was being sensationalistic, more like being realistic.

Yet, as you point out, we still signed an expensive forward in Pritchard. Is this one last through of the dice by Pearson spending big on the playing squad in an attempt to attract fans and hopefully some success? I can see the guys concern when he puts his money at stake but the support dwindles.

888 posts in 60 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
888 posts in 60 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.482421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
supercat
3m
Transfer Talk V5
rhinosTY
11m
IN 2025 Jake Connor - Expires 2026
Trebor1
18m
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
Alffi_7
37m
Shopping list for 2025
Dave K.
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk V5
rhinosTY
29s
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
33s
Planning for next season
Leyther in n
49s
TV Games - Not Hull
hatty
53s
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
58s
Awards
Shifty Cat
1m
Shopping list for 2025
Dave K.
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
rubber ducki
1m
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
MorePlaymake
1m
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
MorePlaymake
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
IN 2025 Jake Connor - Expires 2026
Trebor1
TODAY
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Awards
Shifty Cat
TODAY
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
Alffi_7
TODAY
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
supercat
TODAY
2025 Catalans Dragons Kit
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
MorePlaymake
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Grand Final
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Transfer Talk V5
rhinosTY
TODAY
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
christopher
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Wildthing
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Butcher
TODAY
Decision on the field
Trainman
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +23,058 ↓-15880,13414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 13th Oct
CH
Swinton-Hunslet
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22