OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51233_1315864499.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51233.gif

Hang 'em High!

Totally wrong and robbing the club unnecessarily.

However, it's been going on for years. From when I started going in the 70's, you always used to see some blokes sheppardingly their kids in through the turnstile and slipping the operator something for their trouble. So both the supporter and operator were robbing the club at the same time.

Also used to go to City at Boothferry Park and see 18 year olds trying to kid their way through that they were U14. They'd often get found out that when they couldn't quite make up their Date of Birth.

Worst case I've seen was also at Boothferry Park, was when three lads (one used to go to our school), used to take it in turns to sit in a wheel chair each game, while the other two pushed them round to DIY disabled shelter they'd put up in front of the SE terrace. By the end of the season most of the South Stand had clocked on to it and it became part of the pre-match entertainment. No light shows in those days!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11593
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16831.gif
:16831.gif

nothing new im afraid, ive known friends who have purchased child tickets instead of adults when leeds introduced the same ticket entry system, once they twigged, they made sure that most away tickets were/are checked

RankPostsTeam
International Star916No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "No perhaps its not I agree, but doing the other things you cite although not right and in fact illegal, hardly hurt Hull FC do they? The relationship between a Club and its devoted fans is a little different to that between an owner of a TV and Sky TV. Yeh the stuff you quote hurts musicians starving artists, the RL and TV company's but in this case for a lot of people its not the legal principle of what has been done, so much as the fact that fans are doing it to swindle their Club, the team they support, who need the cash and expect people who support them to play the game, while the rest of their fellow fans stump up to support their team. Its almost I guess a matter of honour really! Just my thoughts and I am an old b*gger!'"

Sir i applaud your morals regarding your club but even though you try and justify it on a level of who needs money more your argument is still flawed. People download music illegally, taking money from artists, bands, producers, companies etc in the process because they can. It can be done.

My computer has all the best and latest spyware, registry cleaners and driver boosters etc on it. I haven't paid a penny for them, i downloaded them and downloaded illegal serial keys to work them thus taking money out of the pockets of the makers and sponsors.... because i can and it can be done.

People opt to stream sky on their computer taking money away from every sports club they show. I am currently watching Liverpool v Man City in HD on my skybox that cost me £16 subscription for a year on a signal i take from Ireland on a scrambled I.P. Why?..... because i can and it can be done.

I sometimes go to the hot deli counter at the supermarket, buy a couple of sausages or something, eat them on the way round and kick the packaging under the shelving units so i don't need to pay the £2 or £3 it would have cost me extra. Yep you guessed it, because i can and it can be done.

If i need something new that i can get from work and it would only cost 50p in a shop i will still nick it from work.

Conclusion :- If somebody can get away with saving a few quid, even if it is un-moral they will do it. Sports clubs are a lot wealthier than somebody on £15,000 or so a year and can take the hit better. Robin Hood wasn't a million miles off. If people can get away with it they will do. It's up to the firms, companies, sports clubs to find a way of stopping it.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "Sir i applaud your morals regarding your club but even though you try and justify it on a level of who needs money more your argument is still flawed. People download music illegally, taking money from artists, bands, producers, companies etc in the process because they can. It can be done.

My computer has all the best and latest spyware, registry cleaners and driver boosters etc on it. I haven't paid a penny for them, i downloaded them and downloaded illegal serial keys to work them thus taking money out of the pockets of the makers and sponsors.... because i can and it can be done.

People opt to stream sky on their computer taking money away from every sports club they show. I am currently watching Liverpool v Man City in HD on my skybox that cost me £16 subscription for a year on a signal i take from Ireland on a scrambled I.P. Why?..... because i can and it can be done.

I sometimes go to the hot deli counter at the supermarket, buy a couple of sausages or something, eat them on the way round and kick the packaging under the shelving units so i don't need to pay the £2 or £3 it would have cost me extra. Yep you guessed it, because i can and it can be done.

If i need something new that i can get from work and it would only cost 50p in a shop i will still nick it from work.

Conclusion
.... first time I've seen anyone so proud to admit that they are a thief.

RankPostsTeam
International Star916No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ccs ".... first time I've seen anyone so proud to admit that they are a thief.'"

That's kind of the point. It's hardly bank robbing is it. Which is what this thread is about.

I bet at least 50% of people on this thread have done or do one of the above. It all depends on your take on it. I would never go into a shop and put something in my pocket etc trying to evade cameras and guards. I work i pay bills, i pay for my shopping, clothes and so on. What i am saying is people will push what they can get away with. Everybody does it or has done, morals or no morals and anybody that says they haven't done anything similar is a liar. I can't afford a sky subscription and the best software for my media devices so i use tools that millions of others do. You might think i am Al Capone but to me i am just taking what i can from rich companies. Little victories.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

RL as a whole has being devaluing itself for years, gieaway tickets for internationals just the tip of the iceberg. Just look at the ridiculous zero money SL main sponsor contract with Stobart's.
We've not had a headline sponsor in years and the money is pathetic.

The season passes are still cheap IMO and I'd pay more than I do currently for a seat though the reduction due to being a member offsets its cost a little.
People defrauding the club by whatever the amount is still fraud and despicable and trying to pass it off as the same as watching youtube footage of a sky game from years back is ridiculous.
I for one have never downloaded illegally uploaded music or films or bought hooky dvds.
That the film and music industry had to change because of the ridiculous prices being charged hence why a lot of people bought knock offs shows it was overpriced.
Tickets into Hull FC or any rugby league event for that matter are not and thus to rob money from your own local club that isn't some multi billion pound organisation that can absorb it so easily makes ticket fraud much worse.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Quote: ccs ".... first time I've seen anyone so proud to admit that they are a thief.'"

Be interesting to know if he's pinched a ticket for Friday's game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1497No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26306.jpg
:26306.jpg

would be interesting for the club to release some figures on how many were caught and how much revenue was lost from it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach578
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "Sir i applaud your morals regarding your club but even though you try and justify it on a level of who needs money more your argument is still flawed. People download music illegally, taking money from artists, bands, producers, companies etc in the process because they can. It can be done.

Conclusion

Wow!!!

So if you pop into your back garden, I can sneak into your house, fill my van up with all of your posessions and leave? Why not?? Its up to you to find ways to stop me!

Its people like you that ruin it for everyone else. Everyone else at the supermarket is paying for your cheeky little sausage snack. Cant you understand that? Imagine if every customer stole a couple of items every time they went shopping.

You say you work, which somehow in your head validates what your doing. It really doesnt. Just because you can, doesnt mean you should!!

Jesus Christ, that really is one of the most frustrating and idiotic posts ive ever read!!! And thats on a forum where some people think the world is flat!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Conclusion Sports clubs are a lot wealthier than somebody on £15,000 or so a year and can take the hit better. Robin Hood wasn't a million miles off. If people can get away with it they will do. It's up to the firms, companies, sports clubs to find a way of stopping it.'"

On FOUR occasions you have admitted either fraud or theft.

You are the scum of society.

Oh, and how do you work out that sports clubs (RL in particular) are wealthier than anyone when the vast majority will lose money?

RankPostsTeam
International Star916No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Glad to see I have drummed up so much interest icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

For the record, I have a season ticket, A full subscription to virgin media (internet and tv) I don't eat sausages as I am a body builder and there is nothing in my place of work for me to 'nick' as I have my own office. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

I do however download music and films illegally, might as well shoot me by firing squad. icon_wink.gif

EDIT :- I wrote this on works time, I am such a renegade

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Some of this is for me quite unbelievable. I was just trying to make the point that after your family and close friends the last organisation that you should be defrauding is the Club that you love! I see what you are saying, different folks have different ethical codes and your post certainly gave me some food for thought, however that doesn't mean that I'm off to Morrison's for some free sausages for my dinner!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "Glad to see I have drummed up so much interest
A liar as well then.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach578
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "Glad to see I have drummed up so much interest
So you steal sausages and eat them, but you dont eat them?
Have I missed something?
Good job you're a bodybuilder with your own office (lol) otherwise i'd think you're a bit of a fibber

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Quote: supersuperfc "So you steal sausages and eat them, but you dont eat them?
Have I missed something?
Good job you're a bodybuilder with your own office (lol) otherwise i'd think you're a bit of a fibber'"

Obviously our bodybuilding chum(p) has been enjoying some dodgy steroids. Is he not aware of the medical help that's available to him.

69 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
69 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.501953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
Recent
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent