JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Well we all know we love em and we all will stick anything out with them, but my initial feeling when we are vying for the bottom spot and 'success this year' would now been seen if we avoid it, and doing it against a team of part timers who know that they are 'going down', is that its all pretty embarrassing really.

RankPostsTeam
New Signing111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20240 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "Well we all know we love em and we all will stick anything out with them, but my initial feeling when we are vying for the bottom spot and 'success this year' would now been seen if we avoid it, and doing it against a team of part timers who know that they are 'going down', is that its all pretty embarrassing really.'"

Yes that was my point wilf.
It’s depressing how far we have declined.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30104
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: boardwalkempire7 "Yes that was my point wilf.
It’s depressing how far we have declined.'"

I was feeling reasonably positive until yesterday. Still not sure if I'm renewing my pass next year. If I don't I'll write a lengthy piece on here accompanied by the old simon bates our tune theme. There won't be a dry eye in the house

RankPostsTeam
International Star7670No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "Well we all know we love em and we all will stick anything out with them, but my initial feeling when we are vying for the bottom spot and 'success this year' would now been seen if we avoid it, and doing it against a team of part timers who know that they are 'going down', is that its all pretty embarrassing really.'"

It also shows how studid the decision was by the spreadsheet Charlies to scrap promotion and relegation.No end of season excitement or pressure in a battle for relegation
Now there is no pressure on us and no incentive for London just pride as its well known that Wakefield have the S/L spot for next season.
Would have been interesting in hindsight to see how different our approach to recuitment would have been had relegation been a threat

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
79648_1693689514.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_79648.jpeg

I’d be looking at both Ellis and Sheridan at London to join us…like Dave K said,Sheridan attack coach and I’d have Ellis as assistant to Cartwright.On a side note…wonder why Sheridan didn’t follow Powell to wakey?….

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1048
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Tremendous result, well for London at any rate!

At least we no longer have the ignominy of being the only side to lose to them this season!
The down side to this is the possibility of us finishing bottom has reared up once more, which gives a bit of edge to the game in two weeks time.

It's not good for any sport to have a side who are uncompetitive and who become ritual whipping boys, but if we were to finish bottom of the pile (which I personally don't think we will) it would open up some awkward questions about our own competitiveness!

It may work in our favour, give us something to play for, focus our minds over the last few weeks.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7321No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: BP1 "Tremendous result, well for London at any rate!

At least we no longer have the ignominy of being the only side to lose to them this season!
The down side to this is the possibility of us finishing bottom has reared up once more, which gives a bit of edge to the game in two weeks time.

It's not good for any sport to have a side who are uncompetitive and who become ritual whipping boys, but if we were to finish bottom of the pile (which I personally don't think we will) it would open up some awkward questions about our own competitiveness!

It may work in our favour, give us something to play for, focus our minds over the last few weeks.'"

the biggest worry we have as fans is the 'things being still up in the air' about who ends up in super league comments from the London chairman and it wouldn't surprise me if the owners kick out SMG and change the goal posts again. Then we are in trouble

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1048
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "the biggest worry we have as fans is the 'things being still up in the air' about who ends up in super league comments from the London chairman and it wouldn't surprise me if the owners kick out SMG and change the goal posts again. Then we are in trouble'"

When I heard that comment this afternoon it made my ears prick up as well, think my heart missed a couple of beats also!!

Everyone has been working on the assumption that it is to be London out, Wakefield back in for next year, but given the sport's notorious habit of suddenly changing their minds on a casual whim, that fear has continued to nag away at the back of my mind throughout this tortuous year!!

It would be best all round if we were to win at Magic and put some daylight between us on the ladder. London will target the game as a potential win just as they have in the first two meetings with us this year. We will need to match their energy and enthusiasm from the start or we may found ourselves in bother again!!

Just when you think things might be settling down a touch, this happens!! At least it keeps us awake and on the edge of our seats, wondering/fearing what might be heading our way next!! It's never dull with us is it!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "the biggest worry we have as fans is the 'things being still up in the air' about who ends up in super league comments from the London chairman and it wouldn't surprise me if the owners kick out SMG and change the goal posts again. Then we are in trouble'"

Even if SL had one of its famous Uturns on structure we'd be saved, theres no other Championship team bringing in the crowds and TV viewers we do. The sport is struggling enough without another well supported club doing a Bradford.

Its too soon to be judging IMG, they need to review things like has forcing Cas to buy a big screen, install some seats and tart the ground up grown their revenues? Has steaming every game grown revenues or are SKY just getting content for next to nothing?

Crowds seem about the same level despite there being a lack of relegation drama, only the final 'decider' used to draw a good crowd anyway. Though a big doubt with this structure is how many years do you sit watching bottom of the table dross and see your team saved by how nice the stadium is??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7321No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif

Quote: UllFC "Even if SL had one of its famous Uturns on structure we'd be saved, theres no other Championship team bringing in the crowds and TV viewers we do. The sport is struggling enough without another well supported club doing a Bradford.

Its too soon to be judging IMG, they need to review things like has forcing Cas to buy a big screen, install some seats and tart the ground up grown their revenues? Has steaming every game grown revenues or are SKY just getting content for next to nothing?

Crowds seem about the same level despite there being a lack of relegation drama, only the final 'decider' used to draw a good crowd anyway. Though a big doubt with this structure is how many years do you sit watching bottom of the table dross and see your team saved by how nice the stadium is??'"

unless of course Wakey win the Championship and they reinstate relegation! I think legally we'd have a good case if they did but stranger things have happened.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4721
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

The game is struggling big time. This isn't the time they can afford to lose 10K+ fans, with one of the few modern stadiums and incoming investors.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Alternative theory, have SKY indicated theyve liked having so many games to show and are on board with 14 teams? SKY are now keen to fill their app up with Football League games, SL and any live content they can get their hands on.

Problem has always been SL owners dont want share the revenue with another 2 teams, which ive always found very blinkered, much rather see us play Wakey/Toulouse/Bradford than London, Wire and Leeds 3 times at least its different players to see and grounds to visit

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4721
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

14 teams has been needed for a while. Think only AP was in favour from all the owners previously.

RankPostsTeam
New Signing111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20240 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I was feeling reasonably positive until yesterday. Still not sure if I'm renewing my pass next year. If I don't I'll write a lengthy piece on here accompanied by the old simon bates our tune theme. There won't be a dry eye in the house'"

This doom and gloom malarkey is catching.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2197No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

They can't just change the structure this late into the season, as Wilf said, we'd probably have a legal case if we were relegated as we may have tried to sign a few mercenaries to try keep us up rather than giving so many young players game time...you'd also have complaints from Toulouse, Bradford and other top championship teams too.

People might be complaining about IMG, but they have forced a lot of clubs to make improvements that they wouldn't otherwise have done, do you think Cas would have put seats in if it weren't for IMG? They probably didn't expect the level of resistance they received from club chairmen on a lot of their proposals

2658 posts in 178 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
2658 posts in 178 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.55029296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do we want in the play-offs
ninearches
4m
Tomkins last chance
[Gareth]
8m