JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steve0 "No outrage over Leigh signing Oliver Gildart on a short term deal right before their big cup final?'"

Don't understand why people can't see the difference.

Gildart is an international player signed to play 6 plus ganes against 3 reserve players signed for 1 game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star628
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "No reasons will convince me that this isn't poor from Rovers, these loan players aren't experienced players.

I'd bet Rovers could rest 10 players and still put out a side made up of first team amd reserve players. If the reserve fixture needs to be postponed as a one off I don't think that's a big deal.'"

Ellis
Fishwick
Tennison
Barley
Gorman
PLT

All stepping up from reserves we probably could pull back Okoro and Moore from being on loan aswell

Then the academy lads will step up to reserves to fulfil the reserve fixture so let’s not go making out we aren’t using the academy players for this game

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player719No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "Don't understand why people can't see the difference.

Gildart is an international player signed to play 6 plus ganes against 3 reserve players signed for 1 game.'"

Making a total mockery of Super League and the sport in general?

Authorities need to have a serious look at loans and the whole business of signing new players.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12637
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Chris71 "
As Hull FC supporter rugby league fan, if as a club we did short term loans for 1 game instead of using our reserves & academy players I'd be very disappointed in the club.
'"

I’m pretty sure it will be as well rather than instead of.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12637
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Steve0 "No outrage over Leigh signing Oliver Gildart on a short term deal right before their big cup final?'"

Once it became clear he can’t play in the CC final, not really. Even if he could, it’d have been his judgement I’d have questioned rather than Leigh’s.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71261_1683968120.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71261.jpeg

Quote: Chris71 "As Dave has said they were long term loans which no one had or has issues with and that is totally different to 1 game loan deals. Also as Dave states a number of people were disappointed myself included we didn't play the young lads more, even Hodgson himself admitted that was a mistake.
As Hull FC supporter rugby league fan, if as a club we did short term loans for 1 game instead of using our reserves & academy players I'd be very disappointed in the club.

If teams start doing 1 week loan deals then what is the point of having squads as that's the whole purpose of a 1st team squad thats larger than the 17 that take to the field. This is just another example of why the reserve league should be enforced properly and all SL clubs should have suitable academies.

In all honesty its a bit of a smack in the face for the academy and reserve players at Rovers if they are over looked for one of the loan players and given the outrage when the club were denied an Elite licence you'd think that as a club you'd be able to cover 1 game with players from within the club.

Think this is another example of why the game is such a mess when there little or no incentive for clubs to promote their own players.

No one is against loans but the rules should be any loans has to be for a minimum 4 weeks.'"

But that is meaningless as there is no guarantee the the lonees will play more than 1 match.

I have no problem with people criticising the system. That is legitimate. Dave in his holier than though attitude takes great delight in criticising KR for taking advantage of a perfectly legal way of running the squad. If he has a problem with the rules he can take up his concerns in a way that might lead to change. He accuses me and others of trolling but never misses a chance to show his anti red and white attitude.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8119
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Keiththered "But that is meaningless as there is no guarantee the the lonees will play more than 1 match.

I have no problem with people criticising the system. That is legitimate. Dave in his holier than though attitude takes great delight in criticising KR for taking advantage of a perfectly legal way of running the squad. If he has a problem with the rules he can take up his concerns in a way that might lead to change. He accuses me and others of trolling but never misses a chance to show his anti red and white attitude.'"

Firstly whilst as you say there’s no guarantee the players will play a game it isnt meaningless to have a minimum loan period of 4 weeks as it would stop the 1 game loans and give more incentive to clubs to invest more in youth development and reserves. It’s not that’s it Rovers that’s done it that irks me as it would if any SL club did it as it’s almost taking the mickey out the rules and the loan system.

Secondly you mention Dave as never missing the chance to show he’s anti red & white……. Well blow me down with a feather who would ever have thought a Hull FC fan on a Hull FC forum would show an anti red & white attitude.

What I do find odd is that a red & white fan spends a large amount of time on a Hull FC forum, yet disappears when Rovers face defeat.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71261_1683968120.jpeg

Quote: Chris71 "Firstly whilst as you say there’s no guarantee the players will play a game it isnt meaningless to have a minimum loan period of 4 weeks as it would stop the 1 game loans and give more incentive to clubs to invest more in youth development and reserves. It’s not that’s it Rovers that’s done it that irks me as it would if any SL club did it as it’s almost taking the mickey out the rules and the loan system.

Secondly you mention Dave as never missing the chance to show he’s any red & white……. Well blow me down with a feather who would ever have thought a Hull FC fan on a Hull FC forum would show an anti red & white attitude.

What I do find odd is that a red & white fan spends a large amount of time on a Hull FC, yet disappears when Rovers face defeat.'"

You are incorrect. They are not 1 game loans but actually 2 game loans. Whether the minimum is I game, four games or even 12 games is really immaterial in this context. What KR have done is within the laws of the game as they stand. To criticise a club for conducting themselves within the laws of the competition is bizarre to say the least. Why should acting within the laws of the game irk you? I can understand that the law that allows that to happen irks you but that is clearly a different issue that has nothing more to do with Rovers than FC or any other club.

You say “it’s almost taking the mickey out the rules and the loan system”. That’s ludicrous and a very strange way to justify yourself. A rule is a rule and should be adhered to by all parties. If sufficient people think any rule is a bad rule then it will be changed. Any other interpretation would lead to chaos. Individuals cannot be allowed to use their own feelings about any rule to beat others over the head. You and Dave obviously feel you are not bound by the existing rules of SL competition.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2412
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: Dave K. "What type of team did we put out the week before the cup final in 2016/17, did we loan some players?.

Starting ti show your true colours, seem to defend Rovers at every opportunity, bit strange that'"

Get out of town, he’s a Rovers apologist at every level and a bagger of FC at every level. I’ve said it many times.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8119
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Keiththered "You are incorrect. They are not 1 game loans but actually 2 game loans. Whether the minimum is I game, four games or even 12 games is really immaterial in this context. What KR have done is within the laws of the game as they stand. To criticise a club for conducting themselves within the laws of the competition is bizarre to say the least. Why should acting within the laws of the game irk you? I can understand that the law that allows that to happen irks you but that is clearly a different issue that has nothing more to do with Rovers than FC or any other club.

You say “it’s almost taking the mickey out the rules and the loan system”. That’s ludicrous and a very strange way to justify yourself. A rule is a rule and should be adhered to by all parties. If sufficient people think any rule is a bad rule then it will be changed. Any other interpretation would lead to chaos. Individuals cannot be allowed to use their own feelings about any rule to beat others over the head. You and Dave obviously feel you are not bound by the existing rules of SL competition.'"

Nope I’m not incorrect at all it’s a two week loan to cover ‘one’ game prior to the Cup Final even your Coach has made reference to that.
It really isn’t immaterial in terms of what I said that there should be a minimum period of at least 4 weeks for loan deals.

It’s not bizarre to criticise something like this as it’s an issue with the game itself in terms of rules which needs addressing. There is little wonder the game is still in the state it is when teams can have a squad of players then simply pick and choose a player as snd when they like for 1 game it’s like a kind of rent player.
As I said it’s not because it’s Rovers it’s what is wrong with the way the sport is run that things like this are able to happen. Why should a team even bother to have squad when they can effectively swap and change from one week to the next.

Why you seem to think I am justifying myself is a strange statement to make. It’s an opinion on the way loan system for me is being used against the general ideals of the loaning of players and believe it or not people are allowed an opinion. I think it’s pretty clear it’s the situation that allows this to happen ie the rules that irks me so not sure what point if any you were trying to make on that.

As for the last two sentences of your post I’m at a total loss as what you are even going on about.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2412
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: bonaire "But would you say the same if it was Hull Fc and we were playing in the C/C the following week at Wembley?
Dont think most on here would if the club had reserve and academy fixtures to fulfill this weekend.
Most of us would go with playing a reserve team even if that meant bringing in 3 loan players'"

Why don’t Rovers cancel their academy or reserve games at short notice as they have in the past, and use players to fulfil first team fixtures. You yourself said something previously about their academy Derby cancellation , something about bussing, I believe. FC could promote players if necessary, cap permitting but Rover’s academy and reserve grades are dire as per Derby results. How can Rovers afford to bring 5? players in on short loans and stay within cap, surely their wages count or are they playing for nowt.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71261_1683968120.jpeg

So Chris and Dave continue to wriggle round trying to justify their twisted view on the laws of the game heightened no doubt by their need to put down another club.

They are both of course entitled to their views on any particular rule and whether it is a good rule or a bad one and whether it should be changed. Rules are changed almost every season, often much to the annoyance of many supporters. However criticising another club for staying within the rules and a rule that is not open to interpretation demostates IMO and despite what is claimed, a need to attack the integrity of HKR. End of.

RankPostsTeam
International Star628
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Armavinit "Why don’t Rovers cancel their academy or reserve games at short notice as they have in the past, and use players to fulfil first team fixtures. You yourself said something previously about their academy Derby cancellation , something about bussing, I believe. FC could promote players if necessary, cap permitting but Rover’s academy and reserve grades are dire as per Derby results. How can Rovers afford to bring 5? players in on short loans and stay within cap, surely their wages count or are they playing for nowt.'"

They’ve not cancelled one all season WP is big on reserve grade rugby, so they’re fulfilling their games,
Doesn’t the first 25 top earners count on the cap?
We’re playing 6 academy players on Friday I believe but let’s be honest about this you could cherry pick the best 17 academy players from across the country and they wouldn’t stand a chance against Wigan so we’ve brought 3 lads in to help them out and to protect our 1st team for Wembley,

RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71261_1683968120.jpeg

Removed for reasons stated to the individual

RankPostsTeam
International Star4737No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66802_1403264854.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66802.jpg

Do you not understand the meaning of 'private'?
If it was sent as a PM it was probably for a reason. Don't copy and paste it on here.

2868 posts in 192 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
2868 posts in 192 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.98876953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Player of the Year is
boardwalkemp
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
10m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Rhino at wor
29m
Todays match v Saints
Cokey
31m
Leigh it is
jonh
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
jonh
Recent
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Ground Improvements
Spookisback
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Rhino at wor
48s
Ground Improvements
Spookisback
1m
Play Off Question
DannyT
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
1m
Josh Rourke
PopTart
1m
Other Championship Clubs
PopTart
1m
Doncaster home
Butcher
1m
Not going to lie
Captain Hook
1m
Mike Cooper
morleys_deck
1m
Must do better
Smiffy27
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
This years play off series
just_browny
TODAY
Leigh it is
jonh
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
FoxyRhino
TODAY
Must do better
Smiffy27
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Cokey
TODAY
We are in good hands
God
TODAY
Josh Charnley
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off Progress In Eliminating Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
superleague plus
karetaker
TODAY
New Owners
orangeman
TODAY
Josh Rourke
PopTart
TODAY
2025 Membership prices
WYSIWYG2
TODAY
Doncaster home
Butcher
TODAY
Mike Cooper
morleys_deck
TODAY
Cooper Retiring with Immediate Effect
Moe syslak
TODAY
Matt Moylan
leyther
TODAY
Swinton A
Highlander
TODAY
Play Off Question
DannyT
TODAY
Whitehaven Away
faxcar
TODAY
Squad for Saints
just_browny
TODAY
Stewart Piper
Tatty Feeld
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,413 80,12814,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       League One 2024-R25
15:00
Rochdale
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
 Fri 4th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Sun 22nd Sep
CH 27 Batley28-14Swinton
CH 27 Halifax14-10Bradford
CH 27 Swinton20-22Doncaster
L1 24 Hunslet18-14Midlands
L1 24 Keighley26-22Rochdale
WSL2024 15 LeedsW10-12York V
WSL2024 15 St.HelensW18-4WiganW
Sat 21st Sep
SL 27 Hull FC4-24Catalans
CH 27 Featherstone50-12Dewsbury
CH 27 Widnes12-18Toulouse
CH 27 Wakefield46-0Barrow
NRL 29 Sydney40-16Manly
Fri 20th Sep
SL 27 Hull KR26-16Leeds
SL 27 Leigh18-12St.Helens
SL 27 Warrington54-0LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 25 938 256 682 48
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 25 628 387 241 32
York 26 639 463 176 28
Featherstone 25 616 484 132 28
Sheffield 25 618 498 120 28

Widnes 25 525 451 74 27
Doncaster 25 492 547 -55 25
Halifax 25 489 627 -138 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22