Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "The cash position is from last year's filed accounts. Since then our credit rating has worsened, yet you reckon our financial position hasn't. What is your evidence things financially are at least on a par with this time last year please?'"

I have no evidence the same as you, however increased sky money, reduced expenditure on academy, transfer fees, not significantly lower attendances would point to the fact they aren't likely to be much worse.

As for the credit rating, this will obviously be made up of a large number of factors but as a private limited company, pearson can pretty much run the club how he wants to maximise the personal financial benefit to him. I can't see that the club has been a particularly good credit risk at any time in living memory. Is our rating significantly worse than other SL clubs who don't own their won ground? Are there any defaults or CCJ's registered against us?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We have many who now everything about the accounts at Fc like those who knew the under 23s was cancelled and Westerman in talks with Leeds.What a load of garbage some posts on hereare ..grow up FFS

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I have no evidence the same as you, however increased sky money, reduced expenditure on academy, transfer fees, not significantly lower attendances would point to the fact they aren't likely to be much worse.

As for the credit rating, this will obviously be made up of a large number of factors but as a private limited company, pearson can pretty much run the club how he wants to maximise the personal financial benefit to him. I can't see that the club has been a particularly good credit risk at any time in living memory. Is our rating significantly worse than other SL clubs who don't own their won ground? Are there any defaults or CCJ's registered against us?'"

Good post, beat me to it. Answer to your question is no. And the credit rating mrs b is referring to ain't no evidence either. They tend to fluctuate quite often. And I can imagine even more with this type of seasonal income

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29777No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I have no evidence the same as you, however increased sky money, reduced expenditure on academy, transfer fees, not significantly lower attendances would point to the fact they aren't likely to be much worse.

As for the credit rating, this will obviously be made up of a large number of factors but as a private limited company, pearson can pretty much run the club how he wants to maximise the personal financial benefit to him. I can't see that the club has been a particularly good credit risk at any time in living memory. Is our rating significantly worse than other SL clubs who don't own their won ground? Are there any defaults or CCJ's registered against us?'"

Based on what? Certainly not our credit rating history, because that shows that in the last few years it's been very good, and that includes the rating vs similar companies, but in the last year has deteriorated. This latest "in living memory" assertion of yours is fabricated bonkers. There aren't any CCJs against us BTW but this is one of many factors are taken into account. Cherry-picking individual elements doesn't alter the overall balanced risk score.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Based on what? Certainly not our credit rating history, because that shows that in the last few years it's been very good, and that includes the rating vs similar companies, but in the last year has deteriorated. This latest "in living memory" assertion of yours is fabricated bonkers. There aren't any CCJs against us BTW but this is one of many factors are taken into account. Cherry-picking individual elements doesn't alter the overall balanced risk score.'"

I'm well aware of what makes a good credit rating thanks, I have my own accountant. So the external perception is that our financial position is worse than it was? No shiit sherlock. 2 or 3 years of losses and suddenly we're a worse credit risk. Who'd have thought that. There has been no point in my following of the club (about 40 years now) where the club were a good credit risk IMO and I doubt they'll have secured any meaningful finance without a charge on land when we had some and/or director's guarantees but maybe you can provide evidence otherwise.

Fabricated bonkers? That should be your strapline

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29777No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I'm well aware of what makes a good credit rating thanks, I have my own accountant. So the external perception is that our financial position is worse than it was? No shiit sherlock. 2 or 3 years of losses and suddenly we're a worse credit risk. Who'd have thought that. There has been no point in my following of the club (about 40 years now) where the club were a good credit risk IMO and I doubt they'll have secured any meaningful finance without a charge on land when we had some and/or director's guarantees but maybe you can provide evidence otherwise.

Fabricated bonkers? That should be your strapline'"

You claimed the credit will have been poor throughout living memory. That's been debunked, because you made it up.

I think we're sort of agreeing now. Our financial position isn't great and has worsened. The question is how precarious it is. If you believe the filed accounts, which show high levels of indebtedness and losses in this tenure, and credit reports, which isn't pretty and on a downward trajectory, you'd be worried. And maybe reinforcing the point that fans' contributions to the club are on the vital end of the spectrum rather than "nice to have" is a reasonable thing to do. Just saying.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41353_1310121834.jpg
Never mind the bollox,bring on the rugby::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41353.jpg

Surely the credit rating would have been affected by Kath leaving Pearson to sort out the six figure tax bill??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "You claimed the credit will have been poor throughout living memory. That's been debunked, because you made it up.

I think we're sort of agreeing now. Our financial position isn't great and has worsened. The question is how precarious it is. If you believe the filed accounts, which show high levels of indebtedness and losses in this tenure, and credit reports, which isn't pretty and on a downward trajectory, you'd be worried. And maybe reinforcing the point that fans' contributions to the club are on the vital end of the spectrum rather than "nice to have" is a reasonable thing to do. Just saying.'"

We're not agreeing at all. You perpetuate the myth that we're on the edge of a financial abyss and I say we're not. We appear poles apart to me. If pass ales are down and we disappear in the next 12 months then I'll openly admit you were right. if we're still here in 12 months, operating at full cap and running an U23's team that we don't need to then you can come and admit I'm right again.

As for the credit rating you still haven't answered my question about other clubs with no ground of their own.

I haven't seen the filed accounts, only the balance sheet which doesn't look great but without a knowledge of what is sat behind it is meaningless. For all we know, the bulk of the £2.2m creditor figure may be a loan to pearson

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: jimmyfivebellies "Surely the credit rating would have been affected by Kath leaving Pearson to sort out the six figure tax bill??'"

It's affected by a number of things but losing money and having no tangible assets means it is always going to be poor. I doubt it is any worse than most of the rest of SL though and in itself isn't any indication of whether the club is about to go pop, despite what some may have you believe

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

I'm sure with bumpy's extra £15 contribution this year we'll have nothing to worry about.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Quote: ccs "I'm sure with bumpy's extra £15 contribution this year we'll have nothing to worry about.'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29777No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "We're not agreeing at all. You perpetuate the myth that we're on the edge of a financial abyss and I say we're not. We appear poles apart to me. If pass ales are down and we disappear in the next 12 months then I'll openly admit you were right. if we're still here in 12 months, operating at full cap and running an U23's team that we don't need to then you can come and admit I'm right again.

As for the credit rating you still haven't answered my question about other clubs with no ground of their own.

I haven't seen the filed accounts, only the balance sheet which doesn't look great but without a knowledge of what is sat behind it is meaningless. For all we know, the bulk of the £2.2m creditor figure may be a loan to pearson'"

What I'm actually saying is this.

The club has lost £1.5m since 2010, lost money last year, is making redundancies and has a credit rating that has worsened appreciably over the last 12 months. I don't see that any of this can be contested. In this context the importance of season pass income to the club IMO is as, if not more, important than it's ever been. In my opinion there's a risk that if the proportion of people not renewing on here is replicated in our fanbase, our ability to operate as a top 8 team will be compromised. Maybe worse.

The bulk of the creditor number is likely to be to AP, of course. There's a note to the accounts that says a going concern basis for their preparation is only feasible because AP says he'll continue to provide backing for the next 12 months; without that backing we wouldn't be a going concern. That's not particularly unusual in RL clubs because of the significant reliance on benefactors by most teams.

As for relevant comparators, who would you suggest? Saints, Leeds, Warrington, Huddersfield and Cas either own their ground or their owners have a controlling stake IIRC. Wigan? Hull KR? Salford? I think Wakey own their ground too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41353_1310121834.jpg
Never mind the bollox,bring on the rugby::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41353.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "What I'm actually saying is this.

The club has lost £1.5m since 2010, lost money last year, is making redundancies and has a credit rating that has worsened appreciably over the last 12 months. I don't see that any of this can be contested. In this context the importance of season pass income to the club IMO is as, if not more, important than it's ever been. In my opinion there's a risk that if the proportion of people not renewing on here is replicated in our fanbase, our ability to operate as a top 8 team will be compromised. Maybe worse.

The bulk of the creditor number is likely to be to AP, of course. There's a note to the accounts that says a going concern basis for their preparation is only feasible because AP says he'll continue to provide backing for the next 12 months; without that backing we wouldn't be a going concern. That's not particularly unusual in RL clubs because of the significant reliance on benefactors by most teams.

As for relevant comparators, who would you suggest? Saints, Leeds, Warrington, Huddersfield and Cas either own their ground or their owners have a controlling stake IIRC. Wigan? Hull KR? Salford? I think Wakey own their ground too.'"

Wigans ground owned by Dave Whelan,Rovers have a long term lease (from a Don Robinson initiated company) and Salford is owned by council and Peel Holdings.As for Wakey their ground is owned by the Bank of Ireland

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ccs "I'm sure with bumpy's extra £15 contribution this year we'll have nothing to worry about.'"

Can't help yourself can you, inflammatory posts are against the AUP but that's all someone of your type is capable of isn't it, insults & unreasonable posts with sod all substance.
How much I contribute to the club is none of your business but whatever I'm not sure how you worked out £15 but then again your calculations aren't exactly up to much cop with your £2.5million less income nonsense in the other thread.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "Can't help yourself can you, inflammatory posts are against the AUP.
How much I contribute to the club is none of your business but whatever I'm not sure how you worked out £15 but then again your calculations aren't exactly up to much cop with your £2.5million less income nonsense in the other thread 14.123046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
Ex-Swarcliff
3m
George Hirst
CobraCraig
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey