JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: C for Cuckoo "If Houghton is fit I'd play him at loose forward and keep Brown at hooker. Save moving people around and Mint is better there than our usual 13s and we can keep our props at prop where we need props propping.'"

would like Balmforth in also for London and as you say keep Danny at loose forward. Think within this current team Houghton shows his worth though like most players hes criticised
With Lane- superficially he look suspect but I think his stats in most departments must stack up. Most players appear to be judged on tackles which is fair enough but if they can bust a tackle or slice through a gap. There are other aspects that many including me dont see as valuable on the pitch
that said i would put other second rowers ahead of him!

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player790No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
79648_1693689514.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_79648.jpeg

Got a ref called J Vella on Sunday,He reffed the Salford/Cas game last week and was bloody awful…gave out 6 agains like they was going out of fashion so that’s us done for.

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1066
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: Chris71 "
Back on to the London game

I'm pretty optimistic of getting a result on Sunday though no doubt it wont be an easy game in the least due to 'mitigating' factors (sorry couldn't resist using the RFL's buzz word) but I was heartened by the fight and togetherness shown on the field at Warrington.

If they 17 that take to the field on Sunday play with the same effort and desire, we remain 13 v 13 for 80 mins and remain disciplined then despite everything we should get the 2pts.'"

Whilst I'm also reasonably optimistic that we will come away with a first win on Sunday, there is a slight amount of unease about this (We wouldn't be true black & whites without some unease about something or other right now!!).

For London, there are going to be probably only a small handful of games through this season where they feel they may have at least some semblance of a chance of grabbing a victory and, unfortunately, this is probably one of those few games, especially with our team being somewhat patched-up at the moment to say the least. A win for them would also end the question of 'are London going to be winless in the whole of 2024' early on.

It sure will help if we can take control of the game early on and settle everyone down a little, but if that doesn't happen and the game turns scrappy, then it might start to become uncomfortable for all. The longer London are in the game, the more positivity they will gain, while we (players and the crowd) are liable to start getting nervy, especially if Sunday follows the same pattern as the first two games with injuries and sending-offs!

I think we'll win, but it says something of the state of things with us right now that I'm still a touch uneasy about this one! We blew the title in 1982 with an out-of-the-blue defeat to Fulham at Craven Cottage with around three games of the season remaining, and every time we play Fulham/Harlequins/London, the memory comes back to me like a bad recurring nightmare, I've never gotten over it to this day!! icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6674
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76734.jpeg

Quote: BP1 "Whilst I'm also reasonably optimistic that we will come away with a first win on Sunday, there is a slight amount of unease about this (We wouldn't be true black & whites without some unease about something or other right now!!).

For London, there are going to be probably only a small handful of games through this season where they feel they may have at least some semblance of a chance of grabbing a victory and, unfortunately, this is probably one of those few games, especially with our team being somewhat patched-up at the moment to say the least. A win for them would also end the question of 'are London going to be winless in the whole of 2024' early on.

It sure will help if we can take control of the game early on and settle everyone down a little, but if that doesn't happen and the game turns scrappy, then it might start to become uncomfortable for all. The longer London are in the game, the more positivity they will gain, while we (players and the crowd) are liable to start getting nervy, especially if Sunday follows the same pattern as the first two games with injuries and sending-offs!

I think we'll win, but it says something of the state of things with us right now that I'm still a touch uneasy about this one! We blew the title in 1982 with an out-of-the-blue defeat to Fulham at Craven Cottage with around three games of the season remaining, and every time we play Fulham/Harlequins/London, the memory comes back to me like a bad recurring nightmare, I've never gotten over it to this day!!
Nice post sir.

I’ve mentioned this before, on one of my visits to watch London v Hull at Craven Cottage, probably the same game you’ve mentioned, we arrived early and took a tour round the ground, interestingly the river Thames runs along the side of the stadium, and made a nice backdrop to the venue, on our walk round the ground the once famous “Diddy David Hamilton” DJ and tv personality with an obvious eye for the ladies, walked right up to me with a blonde dolly bird on each arm, lucky little basxxxxd I thought.

Another time I went to see us against London they were playing at Leicester tigers rugby Union ground, as we went in the bar for a drink, it was adorned with leather sofas, and oak panelling, I remember thinking Clarendon never had such opulence, but the beer was crap, so it tempered my jealousy.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7359
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

On a side note how well as Ashworth started for us.Impressive

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20187.jpg
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.:20187.jpg

You guys have had rotten luck so far there's no doubt.

It's in 3 parts though. There's the nothing you can do bad luck there's the rotten indiscipline bad luck and there's the awful recruitment bad luck.

You'll beat London easily and there's your biggest bit of good luck. You get to play them 3 times.

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1066
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: Riderofthepalehorse "Nice post sir.

I’ve mentioned this before, on one of my visits to watch London v Hull at Craven Cottage, probably the same game you’ve mentioned, we arrived early and took a tour round the ground, interestingly the river Thames runs along the side of the stadium, and made a nice backdrop to the venue, on our walk round the ground the once famous “Diddy David Hamilton” DJ and tv personality with an obvious eye for the ladies, walked right up to me with a blonde dolly bird on each arm, lucky little basxxxxd I thought.

Another time I went to see us against London they were playing at Leicester tigers rugby Union ground, as we went in the bar for a drink, it was adorned with leather sofas, and oak panelling, I remember thinking Clarendon never had such opulence, but the beer was crap, so it tempered my jealousy.'"

Ah, David 'Diddy' Hamilton! I believe he's still on the go, apparently he still does the crowd warm-up bit before the Fulham football matches, not sure if he still has the blonde dolly birds accompanying him, He'd probably be arrested on a gross indecency charge these days!! icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

We can't have played at the Cottage more than once or twice at most? I remember facing them in a JP tie in late '84 (with Peter Sterling in the side) and Fulham/London had already been shunted out to Crystal Palace by then

Didn't London also beat us in 2003, in the first SL game at the KC, in a rain-sodden night, to kill the atmosphere of us moving into our new home? So, you see, I always get the collywobbles about them whenever we face up, it's another of those banana skins we have a tendency to step on!! I'm really hoping for a nice quiet relaxing afternoon this Sunday, God help us!!!

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1066
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: hull2524 "On a side note how well as Ashworth started for us.Impressive'"

I was distinctly underwhelmed when his signing was announced, but in the three games so far (including the Wigan pre-season) he's shown up well, has put three good shifts in so far. Looks at ease in either the front or second row so that gives us some options there.

We've barely seen any of the other new signings due to a variety of reasons!!! but Ashworth has been one, very isolated, bright spot so far. Hopefully, once we get something like our first-choice pack out there he can maintain his decent start with us. I'm holding onto any little shred of optimism right now, looking for any spring green-shoots wherever they may be!!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8127
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: BP1 "
Quote: BP1 "On a side note how well as Ashworth started for us.Impressive'"

I was distinctly underwhelmed when his signing was announced, but in the three games so far (including the Wigan pre-season) he's shown up well, has put three good shifts in so far. Looks at ease in either the front or second row so that gives us some options there.

We've barely seen any of the other new signings due to a variety of reasons!!! but Ashworth has been one, very isolated, bright spot so far. Hopefully, once we get something like our first-choice pack out there he can maintain his decent start with us. I'm holding onto any little shred of optimism right now, looking for any spring green-shoots wherever they may be!!'"

Agree re Ashworth as think he’s so far been the best of all the signings. He’s certainly put a shift in everytime and I’ve been impressed with his mobility and defence as well as his go forward.
Have to also say he speaks a lot of sense in his interview in the HDM it’s a great pity that no one at the RFL seems to have anywhere near that level.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2417
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: BP1 "Ah, David 'Diddy' Hamilton! I believe he's still on the go, apparently he still does the crowd warm-up bit before the Fulham football matches, not sure if he still has the blonde dolly birds accompanying him, He'd probably be arrested on a gross indecency charge these days!! I’ll add another one for your collywobbles, they ended our unbeaten run in 2006 at their place.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Armavinit "I’ll add another one for your collywobbles, they ended our unbeaten run in 2006 at their place.'"

The difference now is they are nothing more than a decent Championship team who will not be given anytime to develop into a Super League club similar to Toulouse and are only now in S/L because of the stupid Championship play off rules where the team who finish at the top and should be promoted have to play off.
Even with our injuries and suspensions the fact that some fans are worried that we wont beat London shows just how far this club has fallen

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3679
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif
I have lost interest:fonds blancs/Sid.gif

For me I think London will be genuinely pumped up for this one.
We are on a pretty long run of defeats and barely scoring tries.
London don’t particularly have a great deal to lose whereas we have a LOT at stake here.
It is a MUST win - no doubt on that.

We just don’t seem to have a game plan. It’s hard to describe how we play.

Because of our indiscipline it could almost come down to who wants to win it the most as we give territory away with penalties, missing kicks for touch and props kicking on last tackle to name but a few areas where we are generous to the other side

RankPostsTeam
International Star580
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: Armavinit "I’ll add another one for your collywobbles, they ended our unbeaten run in 2006 at their place.'"

As Harlequins they beat us at Magic in Edinburgh 2010

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

May regret saying this, but think we'll win by 30+

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8127
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: mwindass "May regret saying this, but think we'll win by 30+'"

icon_eek.gif

428 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
428 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.84814453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
9m
Ashurst to depart
Big lads mat
19m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Builth Wells
20m
Rumours thread
alegend
45m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
47m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
47m
Film game
Wanderer
51m
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
60m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
just_browny
Recent
Squad for HKR
H53a
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
40s
Best Semi
Wires71
1m
Leigh it is
moto748
1m
Season 2024
tomtom84
1m
Fev H Play Off
dddooommm
1m
Betting 2024
Wires71
1m
Builth Wells
2m
Season tickets
Tony Fax
2m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Awards
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Season tickets
Tony Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
Wires71
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
H53a
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
dddooommm
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Builth Wells
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
just_browny
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,144 ↑20980,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22