May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: giddyupoldfella "First things first. We need our own ground. That should be our main priority. We're not getting our value for money because we don't own our own ground and are spending our money on rent instead of the best players available.

Once we do that, we can start trying to be a serious club in the Super league.

The people at the top may talk a good game about being ambitious but talk is all it is.

The best young half back in the country is an FC fan and he's playing for our local rivals, while we sign players in that position that are sat in the stands.

I'd pay money and give Rovers Truman as part of the deal for Lewis tomorrow. But that's actually doing something about ambition. Lewis is bar far a better player than Truman and I'd much rather invest in him.

I'd also get rid of Tony Smith tomorrow and do everything it takes to bring McNamara in. That's nothing against Tony Smith as a coach it just means that he isn't the man for the job whereas McNamara is the man to sort things out, as he did with the national team (he took that over from Smith too) McNamara can attract players like Sam Tomkins and Tom Johnstone, match winning players.

The players on show are reflecting the ambition of the people in the shirts and ties making the decisions.'"

Your talking and hopefully now you’ve slept on it, I hope you know it was a knee jerk reaction. Seriously though, I just don’t know where our next win will come from!!! The next 5 games are virtually spankings and the Easter derby could well be a record score, then Wakey away icon_eek.gif I said in an earlier post after the Salford debacle that Cas and Wakey could well get their first wins against us atm. We’re e and we know we are. Even when Truman’s fit, we’ll still be e, our pack is poor and just cannot build a platform. Clifford and Hoy are leading a back line that’s getting battered. I genuinely fear the drop at this moment in time. Griffin and Taylor are finished, Soa is a penalty machine and was very average in a very good Samoan side but would never have got his place but for injuries. No impact props and I just don’t see what Lovodua brings to the table. Heyho, I’ve been wrong before but I’ve watched FC since the late 50’s and I think this is one of the poorest teams effort wise I’ve witnessed. Taxi for Armavinit, I’ll get my coat.
ps, it’s all my fault, I never buy replica shirts anymore because we always get beat when I wear one icon_lol.gif I bought the away shirt, I genuinely like it but it’s staying on the hanger in the wardrobe, FC need all the help they can get at the moment icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

I'm feeling like our only hope this season is that by some form of a miracle another club wants one of our players next season, and we want one of theirs (ideally a big prop) and a deal is done to swap them mid season.

Also anyone know what the deal is for paying players of early with the cap? I.e does only wages up til point of pay off count? Know that finances aren't flush but we aren't going to be selling any more on the day tickets at this rate

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

The morning after. We can't get rid of the coach. We have done that. Players need to be shipped out. Smith has said all along won't be a quick fix. I am sure he has irons in the fire for next year. His hands are tied for this year. As a happy clapper I really think this could be a long season. Yesterday was really poor. Need to shake the team up for next week in personal changes but we haven't the luxury of wholesale changes. It's the hope that kills you lol.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1599No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46920_1473009033.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46920.jpg

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "Great idea. Do you know anyone with a spare £40m or so?'"
We left the Boulevard over twenty years ago now, in that time St Helens, Warrington and Salford have all left their old grounds and all have their own new grounds. Can't we get our £40m from the same place they all did?

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A lot of talk about this being a very long season ahead, but I think it could be the shortest season in your clubs short existence. Season over by Easter, nice one agent Tony, lol.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1599No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46920_1473009033.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46920.jpg

Quote: HullKR21 "A lot of talk about this being a very long season ahead, but I think it could be the shortest season in your clubs short existence. Season over by Easter, nice one agent Tony, lol.'"
You're saying that as if you've got a chance of doing something when we both know that you've got as much chance as us. No bleedin' chance.

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: giddyupoldfella "You're saying that as if you've got a chance of doing something when we both know that you've got as much chance as us. No bleedin' chance.'"

Depends what we’re talking about, relegation and you have a waaaaay bigger chance than us icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif the city is red and white…..AGAIN

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player4No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

When was the last time it was red and white? It must be so long ago that I can’t remember it?

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SpiderDave "When was the last time it was red and white? It must be so long ago that I can’t remember it?'"

It’s not been anything else but red and white in the past 2/3 years, and I suspect a long longer as well. Going bust is inevitable for you lot.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: giddyupoldfella "We left the Boulevard over twenty years ago now, in that time St Helens, Warrington and Salford have all left their old grounds and all have their own new grounds. Can't we get our £40m from the same place they all did?'"

Saints are the best run club in SL by some distance, Warrington have a rich backer, and have you missed that Salford's rent their ground and it has a complicated ownership and their future at the stadium isn't certain??

RankPostsTeam
International Star7668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mwindass "McNamara would be getting the similar results. Same happened to him at the start of his Catalans career.

On McNamara attracting better players. I'm sure location has a fair bit to do with it. Aren't players better off in France due to lower tax too?'"

sensible post from you for a change

RankPostsTeam
International Star7668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: HU8HFC "I also find the argument ‘we need our own ground to create atmosphere’ is a load of complete rubbish. The reality is the MKM is our home for the foreseeable, and a home which scores us highly with the IMG. If you want to make the atmosphere better, do something about it, make flags, stand up, get chants going rather than just complaining in forums about it every other week. I spoke to a member of the marketing department recently and they advised the club is actively looking for ways to improve the match day experience. Willing to contribute towards making flags etc.'"

creating atmosphere is simple but it means having a team that entertains,puts in the effort on the field then the fans respond automatically.
We have one of the best grounds in S/L.yes we pay rent but we are not responsible for maintainance and repairs both to the stadium and the pitch.
The fact that HKR own their own ground so they can put on a couple of pop concerts every year and create millions in extra revenue is just deluded nonsense.
It would actually take millions to bring their 3 sided old fashioned ground up to modern standards and they are not going to do that.
I have always said HKR fans should keep an eye on planning permissions because the way their board of directors are being acquired its the prospect of the future money from development thats attractive not Rugby league
Ill give it 5/8 years until their ground is bulldozed for housing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

Quote: HullKR21 "It’s not been anything else but red and white in the past 2/3 years, and I suspect a long longer as well. Going bust is inevitable for you lot.'"

It depends on what you class as the city is yours. I mean youve managed to limp above us given weve had our poorest squad since 1999. Still some way before your academy, merchandise sales and attendances match ours.

But good luck to you, considering how much money your supposed to have the squad is poor, the academy struggled for an elite license and you have to reduce tickets to a quid for five figure crowds. Your stadium is below average and it will take more then a few gourmet burger stands and pub benches to rectify that.

The reality is that sure you may have the better squad at the moment but history tells us its never normally for lobg.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

I do quite like the ‘Hull KR fans, always living in the present’ angle. Shows the circle does turn in SL. Sort of.

A couple of wins and it’ll look rosier. Same as it does for us and following a pattern established in the 19th century. You’re not so crap, as you’ll go down I don’t think.

Be interesting to see what your rebuild looks like.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain826No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

we have been in a decline since 2017,first hammerings at home in 2017,but winning the cup that year masked it.from 2018 onwards we have been getting steadily worse year on year.not helped by not replacing players who took us to glory.liam watts,ball playing foreward.not replaced.ratu,winger with genuine pace,not replaced,ellis.captain and leader,not replaced.albert kelly.a no 6 with flair and pace.not replaced.marc sneyd.organising and great kicker at 7.not replaced.last year one of the few english backs with class connor.not replaced.plus the big pack we used to have is now littered with little people like fash,cator ,brown,lane.they wont frighten any opposition pack.we also must have the slowest set of threequarters in the league.

267 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
267 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.13427734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Fantastic Mr
7m
Shopping list for 2025
weaver93
8m