Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "The fans I covered above but I would say the players are mainly to blame for our losses. I also blame them for being nilled at Wembley and embarrassing the club beyond anything imaginable just 12 games ago.'"

I guess that ultimately the players are always responsible for their performances but surely it goes beyond that? 2 coaches could get completely different performances from the same players so the coach has to have an influence. I'd say the better the coach the greater the influence so if radford is having little influence either way then maybe that says a lot about his coaching capabilities.

If he is bawling players out in front of others it confirms one of my concerns about him pre season

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Jake the Peg "2 coaches could get completely different performances from the same players so the coach has to have an influence.'"

And one coach can get two completely different performances from the same players. Does he tell them to play cr@p one week and really go for it the next ? Or even tell them to go 16-0 up then chuck it all before the end of the game?

Of course the coach has influence but many on here want Tony Smith who was relegated with a poor Hudds side, did great work with Leeds and to start with Wire but is suffering this season because he's lost some serious talent particularly his general. Brian Mac didn't pull any trees up at London but is the main man now. I wonder what the difference there was ? Maybe he couldn't 'influence' his London players.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1956
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43891_1446081293.png
"never looking back,always looking forward":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43891.png

Quote: Doc Brown "Interesting how people see things differently. Whilst I find Radford's honesty in the media about the players refreshing some of his other media talk leaves a lot to be desired. I can only base the man management talk on what the player has said to Diogenes but simply shouting and bawling at the players is not good man management in my eyes. There needs to be more to it. If that approach has destroyed Crook's confidence then it shows that he needed to be handled in a different manner. Crooks obviously knows there's areas of his game he needs to improve on but it's down to our coach and the coaching staff to help him improve. It's not just down to the players alone.

It's far too easy to say that we only need a 7 to improve the team and then just make a couple of tweaks. A 7 would improve the team without a shadow of a doubt but I think there's still plenty of other areas in the squad that are questionable and need improving to go along with that 7.'"

1 shaul
2 lineham
3 crooks
4 Sa
5 talonoa

This is as good as most teams barring Leeds
The forwards are pretty up there too with lots of youth in it with plenty of improvement in them.
Think tweaks along with some young players to come through and hopefully make the grade then we'll not be far off a good team pretty soon. But a 7 a good 1 ties it altogether. At the very least two average 'organising' halves. We've a runner in rankin and Miller doesn't really appear to be either without a particularly good kicking game between them. That leaves Horne but he's short term and always likely to miss games.

RankPostsTeam
International Star860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Decent back-line when Lineham and Sa come in.
Decent pack though Carvell looks like he'll be out more out than in.
But until we sort out the half back situation we'll be playing Donny and Featherstone next year when the leagues split.
If AP has any cash left he needs to splash the cash on a scrum half.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "And one coach can get two completely different performances from the same players. Does he tell them to play cr@p one week and really go for it the next ? Or even tell them to go 16-0 up then chuck it all before the end of the game?
'"

I'm almost certain he doesn't tell them to do that, but the fact that they [iare[/i doing it has to be, at least in part, down to the way he's preparing/managing them.

All we heard in the off season was how the players had the man they wanted in charge, how they were all going to play for him, and how the embarrassing defeats and poor attitudes were going to be a thing of the past. The reality, however, has been quite different to how the pre-season rhetoric indicated it would be.

I can't shake the feeling that we have another Richard Agar situation. The owner and (some) fans will call for him to be given time regardless of the poor results and lack of improvement in key areas, until we're in a situation that'll take years to recover from. There's a very real chance we could finish outside of the top 8 after sacking a coach who achieved two top 6 finishes and a cup final. Personally, I hope Pearson realises he's made a big mistake sooner rather than later and sets about trying to rectify it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Rock God X "I'm almost certain he doesn't tell them to do that, but the fact that they [iare[/i doing it has to be, at least in part, down to the way he's preparing/managing them.

All we heard in the off season was how the players had the man they wanted in charge, how they were all going to play for him, and how the embarrassing defeats and poor attitudes were going to be a thing of the past. The reality, however, has been quite different to how the pre-season rhetoric indicated it would be.

I can't shake the feeling that we have another Richard Agar situation. The owner and (some) fans will call for him to be given time regardless of the poor results and lack of improvement in key areas, until we're in a situation that'll take years to recover from. There's a very real chance we could finish outside of the top 8 after sacking a coach who achieved two top 6 finishes and a cup final. Personally, I hope Pearson realises he's made a big mistake sooner rather than later and sets about trying to rectify it.'"

Pearson didn't like the way the club was being run behind the scenes apparently. He seems to prefer a more strict regime that the laid-back approach that Gentle oversaw. And despite some bad results at home this year our nilling at Wembley and total annihilation in the disgraceful play off debacle last year must at least in part have been of Gentle's making to use your own argument. Pearson seems to want to give Radford the finance to remove many of the players from the squad who played in those games which can only be done over time. That's where it differs from Agar in that Agar wasn't given any financial backing by the then owners as became apparent later.

I'm not sure whether Radford will make it as a top level coach - too many rough edges at the moment - but the club needs new players more than it needs a new coach right now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Staffs FC "Pearson didn't like the way the club was being run behind the scenes apparently. He seems to prefer a more strict regime that the laid-back approach that Gentle oversaw. And despite some bad results at home this year our nilling at Wembley and total annihilation in the disgraceful play off debacle last year must at least in part have been of Gentle's making to use your own argument. Pearson seems to want to give Radford the finance to remove many of the players from the squad who played in those games which can only be done over time. That's where it differs from Agar in that Agar wasn't given any financial backing by the then owners as became apparent later.

I'm not sure whether Radford will make it as a top level coach - too many rough edges at the moment - but the club needs new players more than it needs a new coach right now.'"

Or radford had his own agenda at the back end of last season and was leading a revolt ha who knows!!! But he his our coach now! Oh and we wouldn't of won on Sunday with a decent 7, it's ridiculous comment, we where woefu right across the park, it was down to attitude and desire, and not been properly prepared, a good coach would have us playing for 80 mins, win or lose that's all you can ask for

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3460
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Challenge Cup Winners 2016 (at Wembley) - HULL FC:

Quote: airliebird,runninglate! "
If we had Walsh for example we win Sunday, win against widnes,probably beat rovers and beat Salford and probably still in the cup.
'"

Walsh would have made little difference to the result on Sunday.

We lost because we stopped tackling.

Did Walsh play for Saints when Widnes beat them?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "Pearson didn't like the way the club was being run behind the scenes apparently. He seems to prefer a more strict regime that the laid-back approach that Gentle oversaw. And despite some bad results at home this year our nilling at Wembley and total annihilation in the disgraceful play off debacle last year must at least in part have been of Gentle's making to use your own argument. '"

I'm sure it was, but we definitely won't even be at Wembley this year, and there's a decent chance we won't be in the play-offs either. As disappointing as those results under Gentle were, it has to be better to lose a final/play off game (even in humiliating fashion), than not to be there at all.

There's also rumours that the end of season form was down to some sort of player revolt (again). I don't know how much truth there is in that, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.

Quote: Staffs FC "Pearson seems to want to give Radford the finance to remove many of the players from the squad who played in those games which can only be done over time. That's where it differs from Agar in that Agar wasn't given any financial backing by the then owners as became apparent later.

I'm not sure whether Radford will make it as a top level coach - too many rough edges at the moment - but the club needs new players more than it needs a new coach right now.'"

I disagree. I think we need both equally. The players we have should be doing finishing at least as high as Gentle got them in his two seasons in charge if Radford is a better man for the job. It looks unlikely that they'll do that. Of course we need better players to get above the seemingly self-imposed 'glass ceiling' of 6th place, but we can bring in all the new players we like and they still won't do as well as they can without the right man leading them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN::27476.gif

Quote: davey37 "
Did Walsh play for Saints when Widnes beat them?'"

Nope. Wasn't in the 19-man squad. Why?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png

Quote: Tinkerman23 "Or radford had his own agenda at the back end of last season and was leading a revolt ha who knows!!! But he his our coach now! Oh and we wouldn't of won on Sunday with a decent 7, it's ridiculous comment, we where woefu right across the park, it was down to attitude and desire, and not been properly prepared, a good coach would have us playing for 80 mins, win or lose that's all you can ask for'"

At 16-0 up after an hour and in control despite not being particularly threatening in attack (and obviously despite being not 'properly prepared' according to you) we just needed to close the game out. Good players do that. With the forward dominance we had early in the second half our playmakers should have created more and we should have been further in front. No one stepped up into Westy's role and that was disappointing as he is essentially playing the role of a playmaking half at times.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png

Quote: Rock God X "I'm sure it was, but we definitely won't even be at Wembley this year, and there's a decent chance we won't be in the play-offs either. As disappointing as those results under Gentle were, it has to be better to lose a final/play off game (even in humiliating fashion), than not to be there at all.'"

I take your other points but I don't agree with this personally. What's the point of being there if you serve up junk on the big stage ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1956
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43891_1446081293.png
"never looking back,always looking forward":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43891.png

Quote: Tinkerman23 "Or radford had his own agenda at the back end of last season and was leading a revolt ha who knows!!! But he his our coach now! Oh and we wouldn't of won on Sunday with a decent 7, it's ridiculous comment, we where woefu right across the park, it was down to attitude and desire, and not been properly prepared, a good coach would have us playing for 80 mins, win or lose that's all you can ask for'"

This is a ridiculous comment if you think an on field general or leader playmaker wouldn't of made a difference. Have you never ever watched good teams and good half's play the game?
When we conceded the first try and when emotions where running high a good half would of got everyone together, would of dictated what he wanted, all but placed the ball into forwards hands and kicked smart and all but broke his neck to make sure the ball was turned over deep in the opposition half.
It wasn't rocket science and it wasn't a hard task to implement yet somehow we still failed
Westy isn't a half but nearest to an on field general we had Sunday. 16 up whilst on we lost when off. So to say a good half or game manager wouldn't have mattered is ridiculous in my opinion

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "I take your other points but I don't agree with this personally. What's the point of being there if you serve up junk on the big stage ?'"

Because it's an achievement to get to a final, at which point you're only 80 minutes away from lifting a trophy. I agree that it's totally unacceptable to perform like we did in those two games, but, when we're assessing how successful a coach has been, you'd have to say that one who gets us to a final or into a play off off place is better than one who does not.

With the play-offs particularly, if we've finished in, say, 6th place, that shows a level of consistency throughout the season that has enabled us to finish in that position. It's horrible to limp out as we did, but it surely has to be better than finishing 9th after the weekly rounds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris28 "As I said on twitter (I think), I wouldn't have wanted to get on the wrong side of AP at around 5pm on Sunday. He looked furious and was almost purple trying to keep it in.'"

You are Stevo and I claim my fiver. icon_smile.gif

297 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
297 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.30712890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
WWste
4m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
6m
Film game
Wanderer
13m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
Recent
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
18s
Leigh it is
WWste
29s
Rumours thread
PopTart
32s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
42s
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
1m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Jack Burton
2m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
2m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
2m
Betting 2024
karetaker
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +13,025 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22