Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "I'm not pretending anything, they're your words. Beyond hypocritical to interpret Pearson's words so literally, then say your more explicit references to broken bones should obviously be interpreted as subtle tongue in cheek comments. You're less consistent than Gentle.'"

Well, if you want to interpret this

Quote: Mrs Barista "Oh sorry, so they only need to be a bit scared then? What like a broken finger instead of an arm if you don't play well?'"

As reality then you can do my tax return next year if you really live in la la land

It was a hypothetical question to another poster. I've never claimed that would be happening as it's clearly a ludicrous scenario. What he does mean is that the players will be fearful of the coach in some way shape or form

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: Diogenes "Must be the only time he's ever had anything good to say about Hull FC.'"

eusa_wall.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "Well, if you want to interpret this

As reality then you can do my tax return next year if you really live in la la land

It was a hypothetical question to another poster. I've never claimed that would be happening as it's clearly a ludicrous scenario. What he does mean is that the players will be fearful of the coach in some way shape or form'"

Best coach of our time was Alex Ferguson and his hair dryer treatments, so that must be a good thing, that the players recognise and worry about consequences for underperformance. Fear is a great motivator if used in the right way. Not in terms of physical assault, but he was reported to have thrown a boot at Beckham once IIRC.

www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... x-ferguson
Quote: Jake the Peg "Well, if you want to interpret this

It was a hypothetical question to another poster. I've never claimed that would be happening as it's clearly a ludicrous scenario. What he does mean is that the players will be fearful of the coach in some way shape or form'"

Best coach of our time was Alex Ferguson and his hair dryer treatments, so that must be a good thing, that the players recognise and worry about consequences for underperformance. Fear is a great motivator if used in the right way. Not in terms of physical assault, but he was reported to have thrown a boot at Beckham once IIRC.

www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... x-ferguson

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: Mrs Barista "Best coach of our time was Alex Ferguson and his hair dryer treatments, so that must be a good thing, that the players recognise and worry about consequences for underperformance. Fear is a great motivator if used in the right way. Not in terms of physical assault, but he was reported to have thrown a boot at Beckham once IIRC.

Fergie was the worlds best ever football player ever wasnt he? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: frepneyboy "Fergie was the worlds best ever football player ever wasnt he? That's exactly my point. He used fear and intimidation as one strand of his management style to get the best out of others, because he recognised it as a powerful motivator himself.
www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ation.html

You can't bag Gentle for not getting tough with players then criticise Radford and Pearson for planning to introduce a harsher regime. Personally I think with Ogre going we've lost any edge we might have had. Need some uncompromising players prepared to "mix it" more.
Quote: frepneyboy "Fergie was the worlds best ever football player ever wasnt he? That's exactly my point. He used fear and intimidation as one strand of his management style to get the best out of others, because he recognised it as a powerful motivator himself.
www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ation.html

You can't bag Gentle for not getting tough with players then criticise Radford and Pearson for planning to introduce a harsher regime. Personally I think with Ogre going we've lost any edge we might have had. Need some uncompromising players prepared to "mix it" more.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34226.jpg
:34226.jpg

Some of the exaggerations on here are just embarrassing. I appreciate everyone has differing opinions but some people are just intent on been negative and it's quite pathetic to be honest. I'm getting quite sick of trawling through threads on here and seeing the same crap being posted by the same people. FWIW I personally was quite sceptical about Radford taking the reigns but after watching today's press conference and weighing everything up I'm actually really optimistic and am 100% behind AP and his vision for the club. Bringing in a coach externally would have meant another 2 years of rebuilding and Pearson knows that the fans aren't going to stay patient forever, yes Radford needs time but he's got a big head start having been at the club for so long, be it in a playing capacity or a coaching role and that's invaluable. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of pride and passion being restored next season, it's about the players earning the right to don the black & white jersey and doing it justice, win lose or draw. I think we'll see that attitude instilled in the players, and as fans that's all we can ask for.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4721
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Quote: super_fc "Some of the exaggerations on here are just embarrassing. I appreciate everyone has differing opinions but some people are just intent on been negative and it's quite pathetic to be honest. I'm getting quite sick of trawling through threads on here and seeing the same crap being posted by the same people. FWIW I personally was quite sceptical about Radford taking the reigns but after watching today's press conference and weighing everything up I'm actually really optimistic and am 100% behind AP and his vision for the club. Bringing in a coach externally would have meant another 2 years of rebuilding and Pearson knows that the fans aren't going to stay patient forever, yes Radford needs time but he's got a big head start having been at the club for so long, be it in a playing capacity or a coaching role and that's invaluable. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of pride and passion being restored next season, it's about the players earning the right to don the black & white jersey and doing it justice, win lose or draw. I think we'll see that attitude instilled in the players, and as fans that's all we can ask for.'"

Great post. Sums up my feelings exactly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: super_fc "Some of the exaggerations on here are just embarrassing. I appreciate everyone has differing opinions but some people are just intent on been negative and it's quite pathetic to be honest. I'm getting quite sick of trawling through threads on here and seeing the same crap being posted by the same people. FWIW I personally was quite sceptical about Radford taking the reigns but after watching today's press conference and weighing everything up I'm actually really optimistic and am 100% behind AP and his vision for the club. Bringing in a coach externally would have meant another 2 years of rebuilding and Pearson knows that the fans aren't going to stay patient forever, yes Radford needs time but he's got a big head start having been at the club for so long, be it in a playing capacity or a coaching role and that's invaluable. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of pride and passion being restored next season, it's about the players earning the right to don the black & white jersey and doing it justice, win lose or draw. I think we'll see that attitude instilled in the players, and as fans that's all we can ask for.'"

I hope that Radford's appointment works out but have the same concerns over his inexperience that I had with sharpe, agar and gentle. I agree with your sentiments that we need consistency but if that consistency needs to be at a good level not a poor one. It's a gamble from pearson with a relatively low % chance of being successful IMO

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Best coach of our time was Alex Ferguson and his hair dryer treatments, so that must be a good thing, that the players recognise and worry about consequences for underperformance. Fear is a great motivator if used in the right way. Not in terms of physical assault, but he was reported to have thrown a boot at Beckham once IIRC.

Well let's hope that Radford starts throwing boots at some of the dross players in our squad and gets the same result ferguson got with beckham

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12722
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "Well let's hope that Radford starts throwing boots at some of the dross players in our squad and gets the same result ferguson got with beckham'"

Do you still think Gentle is staying Jake?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: WIZEB "Do you still think Gentle is staying Jake?'"

I'm sure he has enough in the bank to hang around for a while. Personally, I'd go on a grand tour of the great cities of Europe but I'm cultured and he's an aussie so who knows what he'll do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12722
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I'm sure he has enough in the bank to hang around for a while. Personally, I'd go on a grand tour of the great cities of Europe but I'm cultured and he's an aussie so who knows what he'll do.'"

The players all chipped in and sent him to Coventry as a leaving present. curtain.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

Spiders.

It's a fear of spiders. If the players don't perform Radford will put spiders in their shoes whilst they're on the pitch.

If that doesn't work he'll set his lions on them. Brought up in a circus was Radford, trained lion tamer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach763
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Those who follow the path of the righteous: shall have their reward.:

Think it's been mentioned somewhere before, but the new trio will always be 'The League Of Gentlemen' to me, keeping it 'lercal'.

224 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
224 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.81591796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
19m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
19m