Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "Reasonable conclusion to draw. I also have said for a while that I think Pearson will give Radford time and I hope he does. Radford needs to learn from his naïve comments to the media after this game - it's not his role to criticise the paying supporters of the club and he needs to stay well clear of that. Also it's best not to imply that he doesn't have a solution to the issues although I think that was just sheer frustration. I like his honesty in many of the things he says - he actually says what many have said on here about the players' performances for years.

It's recruitment that has messed up this club for a long time and McRae seems to me to have set Pearson's plans back at least two years. I hope Motu Tony can do better. We need higher quality players than we have to challenge. Radford's coaching will improve but I don't think we have enough quality on the field as things stand now, particularly in key play making and the 'game-management' area but also other areas. Losing that game on Sunday was a classic example of lacking a general. It's that long since we've had a player of that type I think some fans have forgotten the importance of it. Westy has masked the absence of such a player this year with his outstanding effort and consistency in his play making role but even he can't dictate play in the way that is required and in any case he's out now.'"

I'm unsure if radford is naive or arrogant. He has yet to shoulder any blame for our losses but has been keen to blame players and even the fans

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Chris28 "Is what true?'"

He's broken his ankle. Keep it to yourself as only frepney knows

RankPostsTeam
International Star1144No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59821_1417161794.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59821.jpg

Quote: Jake the Peg "I'm unsure if radford is naive or arrogant. He has yet to shoulder any blame for our losses but has been keen to blame players and even the fans'"

Len Casey syndrome

RankPostsTeam
International Star3065No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I'm unsure if radford is naive or arrogant. He has yet to shoulder any blame for our losses but has been keen to blame players and even the fans'"

sounds like Sandercock

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17490_1406583406.jpg
First there was wisdom Then there was knowledge Now there is only information:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17490.jpg

Quote: Jake the Peg] I'm unsure if radford is naive or arrogant. He has yet to shoulder any blame for our losses but has been keen to blame players and even the fans'"
]

A first team player told me that he thinks Radord is a
" I'm unsure if radford is naive or arrogant. He has yet to shoulder any blame for our losses but has been keen to blame players and even the fans'"
]

A first team player told me that he thinks Radord is a "great coach" but an "awful man manager". He said that if players make a mistake or don't perform Radford bawls them out in front of the group and that Ben Crooks's confidence had been shot because of Radford's treatment of him.

Based on Sunday's performance Radford's policy of ruling by fear doesn't seem to be working.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15980No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20348.jpg
Cuddle Club Rules 1. You dont talk about Cuddle club 2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CUDDLE CLUB!!!! PS3 tag = Robbo_4444:20348.jpg

He has previous for having digs about the fans. I remember an away game at Castleford on sky when he was captain at the time. He was interviewed on the pitch at the end of the game and when asked about "the fantastic away support" his response was that we are great when were winning but not so good when were losing.

Now that may well be true but its not something the captain of the club should be saying when a few thousand of them have just travelled to an away game to support him and the team. He may not like the media game but he has to be willing to play it sometimes.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

The fans I covered above but I would say the players are mainly to blame for our losses. I also blame them for being nilled at Wembley and embarrassing the club beyond anything imaginable just 12 games ago.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach197No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Diogenes "A first team player told me that he thinks Radord is a "great coach" but an "awful man manager". He said that if players make a mistake or don't perform Radford bawls them out in front of the group and that Ben Crooks's confidence had been shot because of Radford's treatment of him.

Based on Sunday's performance Radford's policy of ruling by fear doesn't seem to be working.'"

It doesn't work in modern sport anymore. You have to take the route of inspiring everyone from the cleaner to club captain to wanting to achieve to their absolute potential by creating a atmosphere of group pride.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1956
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43891_1446081293.png
"never looking back,always looking forward":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43891.png

I like his honesty. Players have been looked after for years by previous coaches.
Don't buy into this man management thing either. He's obviously got something about him in that department. Was managing men at local level yearsago when still not much more than a kid
People saying crooks getting rough ride and radFord killing his confidence. Not really sure what else he could of done with him, he's had more time and dealing with crooks than any coach from doing the academy and now. Cooks can only ultimately help himself.
Unless it gets dramatically worse he'll get this year and into next. Until he can get in what he wants to do what he asks then rightly so. A basic solid 7 would of got us home on Sunday!
Everyone after this kind of game tears down and slates every thing and every1 but this team halves aside is decent. Backs at full strength when Sa arrives are good, really good. Forwards at full tilt are a great and balanced unit of size power impact and nous. I've always refused to believe the sun shines from Houghtons back side but now think it's gone too far the other way. He's got limitations but still more an asset than a hindrance.
For me the whole problem revolves around the halves.
If we had Walsh for example we win Sunday, win against widnes,probably beat rovers and beat Salford and probably still in the cup.
Squad needs a quality half then just some tweaks. Too much average players on too much money. A more experienced coach may eek out a little more from the same group but will still end up coming unstuck without the tools. Look at wire. As perfect an example i can think of!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT2.gif
[b:1qjrv4c0][u:1qjrv4c0]HULL F.C[/u:1qjrv4c0][/b:1qjrv4c0] [color=#000000:1qjrv4c0]It's in my blood, It's in my heart[/color:1qjrv4c0] [color=#FFBF00:1qjrv4c0][u:1qjrv4c0][b:1qjrv4c0]OLD FAITHFUL, WE'VE GONE AND WON AT WEMBLEY [/b:1qjrv4c0][/u:1qjrv4c0][/color:1qjrv4c0] [color=#000000:1qjrv4c0][b:1qjrv4c0][u:1qjrv4c0] Offy The Armchair Supporter :([/u:1qjrv4c0][/b:1qjrv4c0][/color:1qjrv4c0]:simpsons/PDT2.gif

Another thing ive noticed about FC going forward is that, when we drive it in, we only have one player going forward, making it easy for the defence to put 3-4 players into the tackle, which means winning the collision and turning the player on his back, resulting in a slower play the ball.

Send 2 players running forward, the defence has to think, is player 'A' driving it in or passing it off to player 'B' etc, so the defence only putting 2 in the tackle, making it easier to win the collision and staying on his front resulting in quicker play the ball, which is when we play well.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: airliebird,runninglate! "I like his honesty. Players have been looked after for years by previous coaches.
Don't buy into this man management thing either. He's obviously got something about him in that department. Was managing men at local level yearsago when still not much more than a kid
People saying crooks getting rough ride and radFord killing his confidence. Not really sure what else he could of done with him, he's had more time and dealing with crooks than any coach from doing the academy and now. Cooks can only ultimately help himself.
Unless it gets dramatically worse he'll get this year and into next. Until he can get in what he wants to do what he asks then rightly so. A basic solid 7 would of got us home on Sunday!
Everyone after this kind of game tears down and slates every thing and every1 but this team halves aside is decent. Backs at full strength when Sa arrives are good, really good. Forwards at full tilt are a great and balanced unit of size power impact and nous. I've always refused to believe the sun shines from Houghtons back side but now think it's gone too far the other way. He's got limitations but still more an asset than a hindrance.
If we had Walsh for example we win Sunday, win against widnes,probably beat rovers and beat Salford and probably still in the cup.
Squad needs a quality half then just some tweaks. Too much average players on too much money. A more experienced coach may eek out a little more from the same group but will still end up coming unstuck without the tools. Look at wire. As perfect an example i can think of!!'"

Exactly.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1073
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72110_1392199554.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72110.jpg

Quote: Diogenes "A first team player told me that he thinks Radord is a "great coach" but an "awful man manager". He said that if players make a mistake or don't perform Radford bawls them out in front of the group and that Ben Crooks's confidence had been shot because of Radford's treatment of him.

Based on Sunday's performance Radford's policy of ruling by fear doesn't seem to be working.'"

That does sound like bad man management to me. I'm sure some players will respond well to being bawled out but not all of them will and different approaches need to be taken. I know I personally have always responded better to a quiet word in my ear rather than been pulled up in front of everyone and criticised.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17490_1406583406.jpg
First there was wisdom Then there was knowledge Now there is only information:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17490.jpg

Quote: airliebird,runninglate! "I like his honesty. Players have been looked after for years by previous coaches.
Squad needs a quality half then just some tweaks. Too much average players on too much money. A more experienced coach may eek out a little more from the same group but will still end up coming unstuck without the tools. Look at wire. As perfect an example i can think of!!'"

Of course man management is an issue in sport as in any other business. This is 2014, not 1974. Maybe the coach should try a different approach for different players rather than this blunt one size fits all approach which obviously doesn't work?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1073
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72110_1392199554.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72110.jpg

Interesting how people see things differently. Whilst I find Radford's honesty in the media about the players refreshing some of his other media talk leaves a lot to be desired. I can only base the man management talk on what the player has said to Diogenes but simply shouting and bawling at the players is not good man management in my eyes. There needs to be more to it. If that approach has destroyed Crook's confidence then it shows that he needed to be handled in a different manner. Crooks obviously knows there's areas of his game he needs to improve on but it's down to our coach and the coaching staff to help him improve. It's not just down to the players alone.

It's far too easy to say that we only need a 7 to improve the team and then just make a couple of tweaks. A 7 would improve the team without a shadow of a doubt but I think there's still plenty of other areas in the squad that are questionable and need improving to go along with that 7.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1956
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43891_1446081293.png
"never looking back,always looking forward":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43891.png

Quote: Diogenes "Of course man management is an issue in sport as in any other business. This is 2014, not 1974. Maybe the coach should try a different approach for different players rather than this blunt one size fits all approach which obviously doesn't work?'"

He knows this. Was after the Castleford game I think. Said himself the jobs mostly about managing men. Said he knows the players who need a rocket and those that need an arm around them! Was a good interview and impressed me. Working with some of these players he probably knows that neither works and that they need replacing.
Which is why i think he'll get the chance to bring in the players he wants to be able to do the things he asks.

297 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
297 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0009765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
rugbyleague8
2m
Grand final Tickets
jaws1
11m