Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "His 2nd season (2015) wasn't that bad, had a lot of injuries and played a lot of young kids in the 8's and put in some good performances, showed signs for things to come and kicked on from there in 2016

Another good season positives for me

Super 8's performance
Winning the cup
Young players coming through and looking the part
Our attacking play, improved on 2016.
Coping with big game players missing, particularly Ellis and Houghton

Two big areas of improvement

Home form
Stop blow away scores.

Solid recruitment for 2018, looking forward to it again.'"

Agree on the areas of improvement, we need to make the KCOM a fortress again. Also need to grow crowds as we seem to have hit a plateau of 10k and it's not obvious why more aren't turning out (maybe worth the club spending some money on market research) getting another 1 or 2k in would really help the atmosphere.

Blow out scores are a bit of a mystery as you can put some down to under estimating the opposition like Leigh at home. But we also didnt turn up for big games like Saints at the Magic Weekend. We need to find a level where we get the win but not go all out and be tired for the week after. It still feels a bit 'all or nothing' with the performances most of the time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29511
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: UllFC "Agree on the areas of improvement, we need to make the KCOM a fortress again. Also need to grow crowds as we seem to have hit a plateau of 10k and it's not obvious why more aren't turning out (maybe worth the club spending some money on market research) getting another 1 or 2k in would really help the atmosphere.

Blow out scores are a bit of a mystery as you can put some down to under estimating the opposition like Leigh at home. But we also didnt turn up for big games like Saints at the Magic Weekend. We need to find a level where we get the win but not go all out and be tired for the week after. It still feels a bit 'all or nothing' with the performances most of the time.'"

Our home form has been worse than our away form for the last 2 years. If it were consistently better I'm sure the crowds would improve

RankPostsTeam
International Star7329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: al283 "Really disappointed - 2 years running we have come up just short.

Fonua immense last night, how many carries & metres made ?? Replacing that will be nigh on impossible.

Major positives - absolute commitment from the squad, fitness & conditioning - Leeds were blowing well before us. Couldn't believe Cuthbertson forced that drop out with a kick on about the 27th offload last tackle !! BUT I think they outskilled us in their offloads & all round handling, our defence was mainly exceptional but needed to be.

Next year will be tougher with Wire, Wigan & Saints likely to be stronger, maybe Hudds. too, not to mention Salford & Cats ( if they survive today ).

Agree massive overall improvement in the club - 4 years ago the last two years would have been a fantasy. IF we are to step up I think it is attack that needs the focus, whether that is some assistance in the coaching for Radders or adding creativity & pace in the squad or both.

Still massive congratulations to AP, Radders all the back room staff & the players for two great years'"

We will miss Fonua for sure but he does miss tackles and last night came up with five errors.
Not sure that will be good enough for success in the NRL so i wouldnt be surprised to see him back in two or three years.
Our fitness and effort on the field is second to none but you are correct our attack particularly in the opposition 20 needs attention as we rely almost entirely on a sneyd kick on the last tackle.
We attack too deep with players passing the ball backwards sometimes as much as five or six metres which is easy for the opposition to defend.
If you watch the Catleford/Saints game then our match last night this is really highlighted and makes the Castleford attack look slick and our attack slow.
Im sure Radford can see this but it does need attention.
Still gutted from last night as i dont think we will get a better chance of a Grand Final victory than this season with Ellis in the team.
Had no doubt we would have beaten Castleford in the final

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16500_1696696672.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16500.jpg

Quote: bonaire "We will miss Fonua for sure but he does miss tackles and last night came up with five errors.
Not sure that will be good enough for success in the NRL so i wouldnt be surprised to see him back in two or three years.
Our fitness and effort on the field is second to none but you are correct our attack particularly in the opposition 20 needs attention as we rely almost entirely on a sneyd kick on the last tackle.
We attack too deep with players passing the ball backwards sometimes as much as five or six metres which is easy for the opposition to defend.
If you watch the Catleford/Saints game then our match last night this is really highlighted and makes the Castleford attack look slick and our attack slow.
Im sure Radford can see this but it does need attention.
Still gutted from last night as i dont think we will get a better chance of a Grand Final victory than this season with Ellis in the team.
Had no doubt we would have beaten Castleford in the final'"

Good summary. I'm not as certain as you that we would have won, but Ellis has been such a talismanic influence for us we'd have had a great shout. Our creativity does need to improve - we've scored some great tries this year but as you say mainly from kicks or individual play from Shaul or Kelly but not enough of them. One of the big positives for me is that our pack generally is strong and despite the loss of Ellis we have Paea coming in, Hadley returning, Fash as a geniune SL player and our current 4 props all approaching what should be their peak years.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3460
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Challenge Cup Winners 2016 (at Wembley) - HULL FC:

For me there is one little change we have to make that would make our attack 10 times more dangerous.

Get Shaul to be 4 or 5 yards further forward when we spread the ball along the line.

He is always stood far too deep any gaps in the defence are easily closed before he gets there. This means moves come to a sudden halt and he ends up running backwards to look for gaps.

Top defences can handle this easily.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hull are not far far reaching or winning a GG for me. The key thing I think not reaching Wembley next year. It's great to win the CC but bloody hard to back up and go for the GF. Either this year or last you I think you could've gotten to the GF if not for Wembley:

As much as Hull talked about focusing on the GF this year it was clear you still put a lot into the cup games.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7985
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

All in all after the disappointment of last nights result as we were so close and feels it was a missed opportunity I still think the season has been a good one. It's shows how far we've come under the ownership of Adam Pearson when we as fans feel a little disappointment.
As others have said we need to improve our attacking plays as we are too predictable at times and rely on our defence to get us out of jail at times. We need to improve our discipline as we invite teams by giving them easy yards from poor mistakes and penalties. Support play and dummy runners is something else we lack along with consistency.
One of the areas I think really needs work on which would benefit us greatly in attack is not going 20-25 metres deep from the ptb. As more often than not we make little ground by doing so as we give the opposition too much time to get the defence in place which nullifies any threat. As has been said look at Cas, Sts and even Leeds they run a much flatter line but all move up at pace as a unit which makes it much harder to defend against due to less time and space to react.
All in all not massive issues but more fine tuning and building on what has brought success so far. I think the appointment of an attacking coach will be a useful acquisition for Radders and the team

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16500_1696696672.jpg

Quote: PrinterThe "Hull are not far far reaching or winning a GG for me. The key thing I think not reaching Wembley next year. It's great to win the CC but bloody hard to back up and go for the GF. Either this year or last you I think you could've gotten to the GF if not for Wembley

The problem as such is that if you sack off the cup, which is a more realistic target requiring 4 wins, you put all your eggs in a basket months away. You could deliberately put less into the cup and have loads of injuries in September scuppering either chance of silverware. It's probably been exacerbated for Hull in that last year our cup run was all the other 4 of the top 5 and this year included Cas, Wigan and Leeds so highly draining (in fact, apparently, we've only faced non top tier opposition twice in 6 years in the cup), but the principle remains.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach521
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22071.jpg
:22071.jpg

Challenge Cup still major target, our trophy to defend next year AGAIN so fully expect 100% effort.

Were unlucky this year with fixtures around it, Leeds on Thursday an absolute joke. Had we beaten them prior to Wembley & had a winnable game more than 5 days after Wembley then second could still have been on.

If's & But's what keeps the game exciting though !!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2338
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Just woke this morning from an awful nightmare. There I was, sat in the Skyrack, Friaday at 16-30, enjoying my second pint of Green King IPA, when we were approached by Calendar News team. Gave an interview for the 18-00 news programme and said we’d stay in touch till half time and smash them in the second. Just rang our kid, he said it really happened, yep that numpty was me!!!!!
I really thought it would be a repeat of the CC Semi. This season has been another great journey, if FC can get performances on field to consistently high standard, which to me, has to be the next step, we can become the force every fan wants them to become. As for questioning Radford’s tenure in the early stages, most fans were peed off up to halftime at Craven Park and were probably off on one but the boys turned it round and the rest as they say is history. Try to enjoy the off season and an amnesty with a certain poster, Tony really is a nice bloke and a genuine supporter.
Hope Cas smash String o Beads next Saturday, would loved it to be us there but heyho

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mrs Barista "The problem as such is that if you sack off the cup, which is a more realistic target requiring 4 wins, you put all your eggs in a basket months away. You could deliberately put less into the cup and have loads of injuries in September scuppering either chance of silverware. It's probably been exacerbated for Hull in that last year our cup run was all the other 4 of the top 5 and this year included Cas, Wigan and Leeds so highly draining (in fact, apparently, we've only faced non top tier opposition twice in 6 years in the cup), but the principle remains.'"

I don't agree, having to win 4 games without slip up, no second chances is harder than getting through to the play-offs and having to win only 2 games.. You can afford to lose, you can have injuries through the season or go off the boil and still make the play-offs, we proved that this season, we've being gash in parts, we lost TWELVE games out of 30 and still made the play-offs. It's then only a 2 game knockout comp. We played the top teams both last season and this to win the CC so it's no different to playing the 2 games in the play-offs to win the GF except you have to beat potentially 4 top SL teams to win the CC. IMHO winning the CC is harder if you get a really difficult draw than winning 2 games at the end of the play-offs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16500_1696696672.jpg

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "I don't agree, having to win 4 games without slip up, no second chances is harder than getting through to the play-offs and having to win only 2 games.. You can afford to lose, you can have injuries through the season or go off the boil and still make the play-offs, we proved that this season, we've being gash in parts, we lost TWELVE games out of 30 and still made the play-offs. It's then only a 2 game knockout comp. We played the top teams both last season and this to win the CC so it's no different to playing the 2 games in the play-offs to win the GF except you have to beat potentially 4 top SL teams to win the CC. IMHO winning the CC is harder if you get a really difficult draw than winning 2 games at the end of the play-offs.'"

To win the Grand Final you need to win at least 18 games.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "The fault is with Barista, deliberately posting in direct conflict to the AUP.'"

Pray tell, what part of the AUP does Mrs B break when she is negative during a game?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Karen "Pray tell, what part of the AUP does Mrs B break when she is negative during a game?'"

You yourself and others admitted that she posted the same thing to bait posters and to elicit comment, that's the definition of trolling.
HTH

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "You yourself and others admitted that she posted the same thing to bait posters and to elicit comment, that's the definition of trolling.
HTH'"

Not at all. If you, and only you, wishes to take umbrage at Mrs B's negative posts during the game, then that is your issue. No one else does because they see them for exactly what they are and that's a defence mechanism when stressed. You have been told this many times yet still insist on making something out of it every blooming week. That is not against the AUP. Some of the abuse you receive because if it is and I try to deal with that, but in the same way I have told my kids when bickering, if you don't like something, ignore it. You're an adult, act like it.

201 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
201 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.99560546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leeds
Benny Profan
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
3m
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
6m
Rumours thread
FOREVERTRIN
9m
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
10m
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
16m
Surely its all over now for Watson
Jo Jumbuck
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
RLFANS News
26s
TV games not Wire
karetaker
32s
Rumours thread
FOREVERTRIN
34s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34s
Olly Russell 4 year deal
newgroundb4w
41s
Jayden Okunbor
bonaire
44s
Planning for next season
satanicmills
45s
Leigh h
apollosghost
56s
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
1m
Other Championship Clubs
Dr Dreadnoug
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
TODAY
Leeds
Benny Profan
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
MattyB
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
Smiffy27
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +43,333 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10