JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Mrs Barista "Replacing Sid Domic would be a start.
Exactly my point.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Staffs FC "It's a matter of opinion and yours is clearly different to mine but at no time have I seen Arundel look 'very good'. He's been just about OK in some matches and that's about it. As I've already said Crooks should spend a reasonable amount of time away from the first team as I don't believe he currently has all the attributes required at SL level. He needs to be stronger and also a bit braver when defending. I don't agree with him all the time but Richardson on the radio had it right when he said that there's a bit too much shirt grabbing and arms length tackling with Crooks and he needs to get his body in a lot closer and his head in the right place to improve his defence.

On the other hand Crooks does look good with ball in hand and that's why it's worth persevering with trying to improve his defence. With ball in hand he's a lot better than Arundel in my view - his balanced running is top class. Not seen much of that when Arundel has played. I understand the point about having 'a run of games' but actually what Hull FC needs is at least one and ideally two decent experienced centres (Shenton/Collis types) who don't need a run of games but can slot in and do the job required at the level required most weeks without being nurtured or protected or worried about loss of confidence etc. Until that happens we will have too many errors and too many weak areas for opposition to exploit - something that clearly happened last night.'"

From what I have seen the this season and last, Arundel isn't good enough, poor defence and offers little in attack, Crooks at least has some great attacking skills, just needs to improve his defence.

Crooks has to play IMO, what other options do with have? As I have said in another post, whats the point in playing Horne or Whiting, we might beat the odd the team, but long term its much better playing Crooks.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5659
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32444_1318716838.jpg
[quote="Philip Larkin":2lhqd089] There ain’t no music East side of this city That’s mellow like mine is, That’s mellow like mine. [/quote:2lhqd089]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32444.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "It's a matter of opinion and yours is clearly different to mine but at no time have I seen Arundel look 'very good'. He's been just about OK in some matches and that's about it. As I've already said Crooks should spend a reasonable amount of time away from the first team as I don't believe he currently has all the attributes required at SL level. He needs to be stronger and also a bit braver when defending. I don't agree with him all the time but Richardson on the radio had it right when he said that there's a bit too much shirt grabbing and arms length tackling with Crooks and he needs to get his body in a lot closer and his head in the right place to improve his defence.

On the other hand Crooks does look good with ball in hand and that's why it's worth persevering with trying to improve his defence. With ball in hand he's a lot better than Arundel in my view - his balanced running is top class. Not seen much of that when Arundel has played. I understand the point about having 'a run of games' but actually what Hull FC needs is at least one and ideally two decent experienced centres (Shenton/Collis types) who don't need a run of games but can slot in and do the job required at the level required most weeks without being nurtured or protected or worried about loss of confidence etc. Until that happens we will have too many errors and too many weak areas for opposition to exploit - something that clearly happened last night.'"

Crooks starting to look a bit Hall-esque. Time to take a back seat and for him to go back to basics defensively before it's too late.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5880
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16835_1358246040.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16835.jpg

Your all talking like were some mega side but the facts are as poor as Salford are theyre a better team than us and the league table at the end of the season will show this. We are at best a 7/8th position team (more likely 9-10th) with no chance of winning anything with two rubbish half backs, a couple of stars and a load of also rans. Why you arnt used to this kind of inept performance is beyond me my only surprise is the utter shock you great one with

Wake up, were and under Pearsons ownership nothing will ever change, the guys clueless

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Dave K. "Crooks has to play IMO, what other options do with have? As I have said in another post, whats the point in playing Horne or Whiting, we might beat the odd the team, but long term its much better playing Crooks.'"

Not convinced by this argument. I understand the reasoning behind it however repeated individual errors that keep costing games are a very expensive price to pay. This is exactly the type of situation where a properly organised and funded A team competition would be perfect for Crooks and others to work on their issues and improve whilst gaining confidence. I'm not sure the dual reg situation is as good as that but if that's what's required then so be it.

Horne and Whiting are two of Hull's best players - not world beaters but experienced pros who perform on average at least at the level required. With fans disappearing from games at a fairly worrying rate and now a minimal cup run financial take the 'what's good for the future' argument has to be balanced against a 'what's good for now' option.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png

Quote: Sebasteeno "Your all talking like were some mega side but the facts are as poor as Salford are theyre a better team than us and the league table at the end of the season will show this. We are at best a 7/8th position team (more likely 9-10th) with no chance of winning anything with two rubbish half backs, a couple of stars and a load of also rans. Why you arnt used to this kind of inept performance is beyond me my only surprise is the utter shock you great one with

Wake up, were poop and under Pearsons ownership nothing will ever change, the guys clueless'"

Your problem is that you laugh when we lose.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2616No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25916_1384945916.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25916.jpg

I thought last night was one of the best games I've seen Hull take part in for a long time. Both sides showed lots of intensity and the speed at which the players tried to gain their feet was great. The speed and accuracy the ball was shifted was as good as I've seen from a Hull side for a long time. Yes Hull did invite pressure with a few mistakes but Salford still had to work for every point.

Anybody who recons Salford are crap based on last night is an idiot their pack really stood up last night and our boys gave as good back, were in previous years the pack would of buckled faced with that intensity.

The kid on the wing Johnson is very exciting going forward thought we could of asked more questions of him in defence though.

overall sad to get beat but more encouraged that a good run of results is not far away given a fare crack with injuries.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1141No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sebasteeno "Your all talking like were some mega side but the facts are as poor as Salford are theyre a better team than us and the league table at the end of the season will show this. We are at best a 7/8th position team (more likely 9-10th) with no chance of winning anything with two rubbish half backs, a couple of stars and a load of also rans. Why you arnt used to this kind of inept performance is beyond me my only surprise is the utter shock you great one with

Wake up, were poop and under Pearsons ownership nothing will ever change, the guys clueless'"

Are you an FC fan. All you do is moan moan moan. Your like my mate whos a dobbins fan. No's nothing, complains about the team all time and never has anything good to say. Think your place is in Kc2.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7348
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

totally agree heard, waiting for some of the other so called fc supporters to come on after filling there socks last night

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Staffs FC "Not convinced by this argument. I understand the reasoning behind it however repeated individual errors that keep costing games are a very expensive price to pay. This is exactly the type of situation where a properly organised and funded A team competition would be perfect for Crooks and others to work on their issues and improve whilst gaining confidence. I'm not sure the dual reg situation is as good as that but if that's what's required then so be it.

Horne and Whiting are two of Hull's best players - not world beaters but experienced pros who perform on average at least at the level required. With fans disappearing from games at a fairly worrying rate and now a minimal cup run financial take the 'what's good for the future' argument has to be balanced against a 'what's good for now' option.'"

Not what the answer is, but feel it would be too negative to play Whiting at , the game he played there he got stood up twice by a quick and it would happen again.

Crooks was excellent last week, but not a great game last night, but we can't just keep changing the team every week, we need some consistency.

Agree about the fans, but last season we had to watch boring rugby, despite the disappointment of getting beat last night and other games this season, we are getting value for money in rugby (Excluding the Widnes game).

This year should be used to improve structures on the field and get our youngsters ready, IMO we will still win enough games to finish in the top 8, but we need to be ready for next season and make sure we do finish top 8.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png

Quote: Dave K. "Not what the answer is, but feel it would be too negative to play Whiting at Centre, the game he played there he got stood up twice by a quick Centre and it would happen again.

Crooks was excellent last week, but not a great game last night, but we can't just keep changing the team every week, we need some consistency.

Agree about the fans, but last season we had to watch boring rugby, despite the disappointment of getting beat last night and other games this season, we are getting value for money in rugby (Excluding the Widnes game).

This year should be used to improve structures on the field and get our youngsters ready, IMO we will still win enough games to finish in the top 8, but we need to be ready for next season and make sure we do finish top 8.'"

fair points. I wouldn't put Whiting at centre either but if he wants to persevere with Miller and Rankin then Horne would be a good centre option as things stand right now. Crooks has been suspect for a lot of games defensively and it's costing us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

A whole new level of wrong

Quote: Sebasteeno "Your all talking like were some mega side but the facts are as poor as Salford are theyre a better team than us and the league table at the end of the season will show this.'"

Not ALL of us think we're a "mega side" (I'm not even sure any of us do) but we can see some good in amongst the rubbish, unlike some who only see what they want to see and only post when performances suit their agenda, eh? That's why games like last night are totally frustrating.

And the aggregate score over the 2 games (FC 66, Salford 44 - plus 1 in extra time) would suggest that we are the better team, when it suits us, or when Rangi decides he wants to play. Last week he didn't, this week he did. Yes, our defence was poor last night when last week we started off with something like 6 consecutive sets defended on our line, and then another 7 in the second half. 8 points conceded after all that pressure was incredible. We are unfortunately as inconsistent as last year. Still.

Quote: Sebasteeno "We are at best a 7/8th position team (more likely 9-10th) with no chance of winning anything'"

We'll see, but this early in the season, who knows. There are still two trophies available (and I'm realistic enough to realise that the chances are slim, but you never know what could happen).

Quote: Sebasteeno "with two rubbish half backs,'"

Did you watch the game last night? Miller and Rankin did well in their first game together. Hardly fair to call them rubbish based on just 80 minutes together. Or were you meaning Horne and one other?

Quote: Sebasteeno "a couple of stars and a load of also rans. '"

Who were the stars last night? The only "star" we have is Ellis and he wasn't playing. Having stars and also rans is the way it has to be because of the salary cap. Ryan Bailey has a load of Grand Final winner rings and I'd class him as an also ran. Matty Smith wasn't classed as a decent SH a few years back, but won the double last year and the Lance Todd. Blake Green was a Rovers reject who didn't look crash hot in that shade of red and white, but won the double and the Harry Sunderland. It's all down to coaching, both rugby coaching and attitude coaching. If the team are together and playing well, it doesn't matter who they are. Why doesn't your post mention Radford?

Quote: Sebasteeno "Why you arnt used to this kind of inept performance is beyond me my only surprise is the utter shock you great one with'"

Not entirely sure where you're going with that, but we are all, unfortunately, used to that type of performance. If you've paid any attention over the last 2-3 years you'll know just how capable we are of great play and utter tripe. I haven't noticed anyone shocked by last night.

Quote: Sebasteeno "Wake up, were poop and under Pearsons ownership nothing will ever change, the guys clueless'"

No we aren't poop. We're consistently inconsistent. I presume you'd rather have Hetherington et al back in charge too based on that. You also appear to have missed that we have Motu Tony back in a managerial role, so suggesting that AP is clueless is irrelevant. He will be acting on advice from others in areas he doesn't know about. What particular area is his lack of knowledge damaging the club?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69715.jpg

Quote: major black "I thought last night was one of the best games I've seen Hull take part in for a long time. Both sides showed lots of intensity and the speed at which the players tried to gain their feet was great. The speed and accuracy the ball was shifted was as good as I've seen from a Hull side for a long time. Yes Hull did invite pressure with a few mistakes but Salford still had to work for every point.

Anybody who recons Salford are crap based on last night is an idiot their pack really stood up last night and our boys gave as good back, were in previous years the pack would of buckled faced with that intensity.

The kid on the wing Johnson is very exciting going forward thought we could of asked more questions of him in defence though.

overall sad to get beat but more encouraged that a good run of results is not far away given a fare crack with injuries.'"

Good post better then all the seasons over rubbish...we are looking better in attack then we have for quite a few years..so our defence is going to be questioned..also our halfs are gelling along the way so its a bonus..I would rather watch a close game then get nilled or hammered..who knows when at full strength we could be winning those games.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

Quote: major black "I thought last night was one of the best games I've seen Hull take part in for a long time. Both sides showed lots of intensity and the speed at which the players tried to gain their feet was great. The speed and accuracy the ball was shifted was as good as I've seen from a Hull side for a long time. Yes Hull did invite pressure with a few mistakes but Salford still had to work for every point.

overall sad to get beat but more encouraged that a good run of results is not far away given a fare crack with injuries.'"

I thought Junior Sau looked like a beast too.

When Rangi fires they look like a decent side and they were looking to offload at every opportunity. I called them a fantasy league team early on in the season and may still be right, but they're moving the right way.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris28 "I thought Junior Sau looked like a beast too.

When Rangi fires they look like a decent side and they were looking to offload at every opportunity. I called them a fantasy league team early on in the season and may still be right, but they're moving the right way.'"

I'm hoping our new signing is a Junior Sau type player.

187 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
187 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.17138671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC