JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: deslawson "Surpised one of the tyson wilsons has been released,not seen either play,but plenty on here seemed to feel they were a big part of the clubs future.'"

More cost cutting apparently.

The club have decided that no players with double barreled names will be offered contracts. Something to do with the printing cost on the back of the shirt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29777No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Stanley Unwin "More cost cutting apparently.

The club have decided that no players with double barreled names will be offered contracts. Something to do with the printing cost on the back of the shirt.'"

No evidence for this at all. Why bin off Sa?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2015
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
Hull kingston rovers.:Others/a27.gif

Quote: Mrs Barista "No evidence for this at all. Why bin off Sa?'"

You were one who thought they had a big future mrs b if i remember correctly,what do you think went wrong,maybe just over hyped ?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.:

Quote: deslawson "You were one who thought they had a big future mrs b if i remember correctly,what do you think went wrong,maybe just over hyped ?'"

I think that Stevie Wonder could see that it was going to be a whole different ball game for Bobby when he left age group rugby and grown men started belting him back. That said, i am surprised that Hull didnt stick with him and let him develop further in the under 23s and duel reg. He is still a young kid in prop terms.
what it does show you is that players develop at differing rates and just because you are a schoolboy and Academy star it doesnt necessarily follow that you will become a Super Leagur star.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29777No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: deslawson "You were one who thought they had a big future mrs b if i remember correctly,what do you think went wrong,maybe just over hyped ?'"

Sa has 2 letters. Things don't always turn out how you think - how dull would that be?
www.hulldailymail.co.uk/England- ... story.html

Sa has 2 letters. Things don't always turn out how you think - how dull would that be?
www.hulldailymail.co.uk/England- ... story.html

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17490_1406583406.jpg
First there was wisdom Then there was knowledge Now there is only information:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17490.jpg

BTW was thought to be very promising a year or so ago but Brad Fash has come from nowhere and overtaken him.

Not every promising youngster is going to make it and we can't keep all of them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1782
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mrs Barista "No evidence for this at all. Why bin off Sa?'"

Different issue, the club wanted him to change his name to StmtS, removing any vowels as part of the cost cutting exercise.

Deal breaker apparently.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Merchandise sales were reckoned to be around ~£1ma year. Given the drop off in attendances (reported and/or actual), I’d be surprised if that has been sustained. Costs associated with the SMC are increasing year on year. We had an overseas camp this season, but didn’t the year before. We’ve pushed the U19s/academy to 3rd this year, perhaps that hasn’t been cheap. So if pass sales are down vs 2014, actual/reported attendances are down, sponsorship is down, tenancy/training costs are up, it doesn’t take much extrapolation to see any Sky benefit cancelled out. Reducing the number of staff will help balance the books in the short term, of course, but may compromise the club’s effectiveness in several areas. I don't think the academy savings will kick in until next season.'"

I'm sure pearson is down a significant wedge of cash but we're not talking about what he's lost already, it's what the ongoing position is that matters. The difference between our income and expenditure isn't likely to be significantly worse this year than last I wouldn't have thought and next year should be better with the academy savings, increased sky money and transfer fee(s).

Like any accountant you paint a bleak financial picture but in reality none of us know the truth and only have our owner's word for what is going on. He was telling us the same last season but then sanctions deals with the likes of pritchard.

The truth of the matter is that no matter how bad things are, he could improve them almost instantly by sacking radford which would probably be the most popular owners' decision in living memory at the club

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29777No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "I'm sure pearson is down a significant wedge of cash but we're not talking about what he's lost already, it's what the ongoing position is that matters. The difference between our income and expenditure isn't likely to be significantly worse this year than last I wouldn't have thought and next year should be better with the academy savings, increased sky money and transfer fee(s).

Like any accountant you paint a bleak financial picture but in reality none of us know the truth and only have our owner's word for what is going on. He was telling us the same last season but then sanctions deals with the likes of pritchard.

The truth of the matter is that no matter how bad things are, he could improve them almost instantly by sacking radford which would probably be the most popular owners' decision in living memory at the club'"

Sure. Didn't you have Agar in a wheelie bin as your avatar for 3 years though? AP must be a legend in your eyes.

If you want to "paint a rosy picture" of FC's finances, feel free. Good for morale.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mrs Barista "Merchandise sales were reckoned to be around ~£1ma year. Given the drop off in attendances (reported and/or actual), I’d be surprised if that has been sustained. Costs associated with the SMC are increasing year on year. We had an overseas camp this season, but didn’t the year before. We’ve pushed the U19s/academy to 3rd this year, perhaps that hasn’t been cheap. So if pass sales are down vs 2014, actual/reported attendances are down, sponsorship is down, tenancy/training costs are up, it doesn’t take much extrapolation to see any Sky benefit cancelled out. Reducing the number of staff will help balance the books in the short term, of course, but may compromise the club’s effectiveness in several areas. I don't think the academy savings will kick in until next season.'"

You like guessing a lot don't you. Aside from the drop in attendances over the term which as I said due to the increase in season pass costs will have offset that drop what actual evidence do you have that costs have gone up with regard to the SMC etc. To state that costs have gone up as a default to run the academy on the back of us being third in the league is ludicrous. Why can't you see the possibility that operationally costs can go down or remain roughly the same?
It doesn't take much extrapolation to see that the SKY money could actually be a net gain, see, without actual hard facts your stance is meaningless.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "You like guessing a lot don't you. Aside from the drop in attendances over the term which as I said due to the increase in season pass costs will have offset that drop what actual evidence do you have that costs have gone up with regard to the SMC etc. To state that costs have gone up as a default to run the academy on the back of us being third in the league is ludicrous. Why can't you see the possibility that operationally costs can go down or remain roughly the same?
It doesn't take much extrapolation to see that the SKY money could actually be a net gain, see, without actual hard facts your stance is meaningless.'"

Just like yours.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7353No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "You like guessing a lot don't you. Aside from the drop in attendances over the term which as I said due to the increase in season pass costs will have offset that drop what actual evidence do you have that costs have gone up with regard to the SMC etc. To state that costs have gone up as a default to run the academy on the back of us being third in the league is ludicrous. Why can't you see the possibility that operationally costs can go down or remain roughly the same?
It doesn't take much extrapolation to see that the SKY money could actually be a net gain, see, without actual hard facts your stance is meaningless.'"

I don't think the SMC costs have gone up, but what I do know is that they are constantly making it more difficult for us to sustain our income. Cashless ticketing in a sport that traditionally depends on a walk up, closing the ticket office next season on match days, not allowing us to pull off tickets next year to sell on the day ourselves, charging for rooms used on match days that were not charged for in the past etc are all making it difficult, not an excuse and nothing that should effect us if we were mega successful at home, but something that is happening all the same.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29777No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sure. Checked out our external credit rating lately? How it's moved over the last 12 months? Clearly not. Hard facts, cockle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Sure. Didn't you have Agar in a wheelie bin as your avatar for 3 years though? AP must be a legend in your eyes.

If you want to "paint a rosy picture" of FC's finances, feel free. Good for morale.'"

Who's painting a rosy picture? I just don;t believe things are as bad as is being made out and for the fact based reasons I've posted. You can counter with your guesses and supposition all you want but we've disagreed on things before and I'm invariably proven right in the end.

As for binning agar, yes it was the right decision, as was appointing a better coach who took us forward. Where he got it wrong was in sacking that coach and then appointing an inferior one. Big mistake which has and will continue to cost him plenty of cash

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Sure. Checked out our external credit rating lately? How it's moved over the last 12 months? Clearly not. Hard facts, cockle.'"

Hardly likely to with massive accumulated losses and no assets. I would have thought they'd have tought you stuff like that in accountancy school

888 posts in 60 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
888 posts in 60 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

9.1591796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
KevW60349
6m
Kit for Saturday
Pie Eyed
19m