JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Legends and Icons "
im confused like a few others about the version of events ie a 15 stone bloke punching a women in the face and she only stumbles back ?'"

Doesn't seem implausible. I know we're all brought up with 'Hollywood physics', but the force of a blow by itself is unlikely to knock somebody off their feet, unless they're unbalanced. Even a bullet from a handgun won't. People fall to the ground if they're knocked out or stunned, but not as a direct result of the force of a punch. That's my understanding anyway.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I find the comments by the judge a bit odd,

'I was very uneasy with his explanation that he went outside to 'make peace', which seemed to be an odd expression to use. I was also uneasy with the meeting at the retail park. It was four months after the event and, given he was supposed to be the injured party, I found that quite bizarre.
'The fact he was assaulted by two separate women within a short space of time for no apparent reason strikes me as being quite far-fetched.'

Now forgive me for being niave but the judge clearly has a bigotted viewpoint that women don't attack men, that men must be the instigators in violence.

He has added together a black eye and two friends version of events & come up with assault, now either the sentence shows that there is some doubt in the judges mind as to what has actually happened (in which case he is guessing/assuming a likely scenario) or he has handed out an extremely lenient sentence if he has no doubt that Crookes was the instigator and did not defend himself from violence from the other parties.

Also that not fully remembering events when you've had a few bevvies is a fairly common occurence, does the judge think we have perfect recall when we are sober, he needs to look at previous cases where someone has had a clear view of events as a witness stone cold sober and got things horribly wrong (in all innocence)

The judge is also very niave to think 'bizarre' someone would not want to make things go-away by having a meeting to smooth things over (guilty or not) who wants to go to court even if you are found innocent, it's a traumatic event either way.
I'm not for one instance condoning slapping/hitting out, drunk or not but certainly these things happen when alcohol is involved, yes there are guilty parties, sometimes we never know what really happened. I've seen/read instances of assault the police are not even remotely interested in, even with witnesses and video evidence. It seems that if it is a women on the end of things then you're more likely to 'get a result' for conviction than if it is a women against a man..
Things are never black and white and it is easy to apportion blame/make judgment & one side being believed over another oft on the basis of probability/bigotted viewpoint alone. I have had personal experience of this in (family) court were lies were told from the outset and due to the other party being the 'mother' everything stated was accepted as gospel without a single shred of evidence...

However, he has been found guilty, he has to face up to that, something that will hang over him long after he leaves FC. he should be given an opportunity to continue his career with Hull for now, he should be given strict stipulations as to his future behaviour/conduct, I'd even say that he should undergo regular alcohol/drug testing (which I think should be mandatory in the workplace anyhow) to show the club mean business. One slip, no matter how small then immediate termination.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

No he doesn't he says to get attacked by two separate women in a short space of time. "Women" is incidental.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Good post, knockersbumpMKII - I found the judge's words odd as well...

Quote: "Miss Williamson told a trial at Hull Magistrates' CourtI can't remember what was said.... '"

and Judge Houlden said.....
Quote: "Mr Crookes could remember certain things very well and other things not at all. I was very surprised he could not recall what he said to Miss Williamson to cause her to slap him.'"

All based on newspaper reporting, of course.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sheldon "No he doesn't he says to get attacked by two separate women in a short space of time. "Women" is incidental.'"

He said it was 'far fetched', why would that be? Does the judge not think that women can be violent after a few jars with seemingly little provacation (go out in any town centre most nights & you'll see for yourself)
He made a judgement on probability/his personal viewpoint that they did not attack Crookes first, unless there is an independant witness to say what happened from start to inish he has no real evidence to convict just the say-so of two friends.
The judges words are pretty clear in that he is using probability/guesswork and probably has experience of these types of cases to figure in his own mind how the events unfurled.. I don't know if there were witnesses but the judges viewpoint is bigotted as are most people's when it comes down to these types of scenarios..because women never hit/attack men in their eyes so the man must be guilty...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

Nothing against Women! He seems 2 attacks by separate people (who happen to be women) far fetched.

Bal
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12512
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2825_1368992607.jpg
If you are interested in Building Information Modelling (BIM). PM me.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2825.jpg

Quote: Raggytash "Obviously there is a time and a place for hitting Women, but Jason chose the wrong place, the wrong time, and it wasn't even his Woman! Her bloke should press charges for criminal damage!'"

Yeah, I know in your head you think that's fine, but trust me its not and you sound like a prat

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8546No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17507_1286953982.jpg
Know your Enemy:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17507.jpg

Quote: Legends and Icons "If true then we should let him go simple as that really . If not true then we could really do with the facts and not the hdm version to make an opinion based on facts .
im confused like a few others about the version of events ie a 15 stone bloke punching a women in the face and she only stumbles back ?'"

He should have at least knocked her down. Imagine if it was travis burns against crookes! Not good release him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2210
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39643_1299688438.png
The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39643.png

Quote: Bal "Yeah, I know in your head you think that's fine, but trust me its not and you sound like a prat'"

Cutting! icon_cry.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: hull smallears "He should have at least knocked her down. Imagine if it was travis burns against crookes! Not good release him.'"

Tubby Travis Bickle would probably miss being 5'3" 17 stone

I still wonder what Miller said to him about his lass "back home"

I'm please Briscoe repeated it too

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1956
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43891_1446081293.png
"never looking back,always looking forward":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43891.png

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "I find the comments by the judge a bit odd,

'I was very uneasy with his explanation that he went outside to 'make peace', which seemed to be an odd expression to use. I was also uneasy with the meeting at the retail park. It was four months after the event and, given he was supposed to be the injured party, I found that quite bizarre.
'The fact he was assaulted by two separate women within a short space of time for no apparent reason strikes me as being quite far-fetched.'

Now forgive me for being niave but the judge clearly has a bigotted viewpoint that women don't attack men, that men must be the instigators in violence.

He has added together a black eye and two friends version of events & come up with assault, now either the sentence shows that there is some doubt in the judges mind as to what has actually happened (in which case he is guessing/assuming a likely scenario) or he has handed out an extremely lenient sentence if he has no doubt that Crookes was the instigator and did not defend himself from violence from the other parties.

Also that not fully remembering events when you've had a few bevvies is a fairly common occurence, does the judge think we have perfect recall when we are sober, he needs to look at previous cases where someone has had a clear view of events as a witness stone cold sober and got things horribly wrong (in all innocence)

The judge is also very niave to think 'bizarre' someone would not want to make things go-away by having a meeting to smooth things over (guilty or not) who wants to go to court even if you are found innocent, it's a traumatic event either way.
I'm not for one instance condoning slapping/hitting out, drunk or not but certainly these things happen when alcohol is involved, yes there are guilty parties, sometimes we never know what really happened. I've seen/read instances of assault the police are not even remotely interested in, even with witnesses and video evidence. It seems that if it is a women on the end of things then you're more likely to 'get a result' for conviction than if it is a women against a man..
Things are never black and white and it is easy to apportion blame/make judgment & one side being believed over another oft on the basis of probability/bigotted viewpoint alone. I have had personal experience of this in (family) court were lies were told from the outset and due to the other party being the 'mother' everything stated was accepted as gospel without a single shred of evidence...

However, he has been found guilty, he has to face up to that, something that will hang over him long after he leaves FC. he should be given an opportunity to continue his career with Hull for now, he should be given strict stipulations as to his future behaviour/conduct, I'd even say that he should undergo regular alcohol/drug testing (which I think should be mandatory in the workplace anyhow) to show the club mean business. One slip, no matter how small then immediate termination.'"

Exactly how I saw it. Couldn't make it sound right without it sounding like condoning what a court of law has passed judgement on. I guess hull don't believe it neither hence the 'harsh' comment.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

The kids made a big mistake in his life. Hands up those of us who haven't done something they are ashamed of?

My late dad used to say, there was only one man who never made a mistake and they crucified him.

Cut the lad some slack, and let him get on with his life. If he screws up again, THEN come down on him hard.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6344No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

We all knew about this in January this year but the last I heard was he got questioned and nothing came of it.

I personally believe that everyone deserves a second chance but Jason Crookes second chance should have being at another club. Whether he was provoked or not, he is a professional and he represents our club. He should have gone IMO.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3679
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif
I have lost interest:fonds blancs/Sid.gif

Blokes who go out on the and get 'nasty' with women are a scourge on society and a disgrace to the name of Hull FC. We are a family club and ask a lot of the player's wives what they think of what obviously happened.

I am no fan of his actions and yes he was found guilty

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

Murderers, Rapists & Paedophiles don't deserve a 2nd chance.

He did something that was cowardly and stupid, but to not give him a second chance is wrong IMO.

Don't think the club need to be 'publicly' seen to be doing anything either, I'm sure he'll be dealt with in-house. Just because AP may have remarked that he was treat harshly, doesn't mean he doesn't think he's an idiot in the first place.

182 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
182 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.01318359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Decision on the field
exiled Warri
14m
Leigh it is
exiled Warri
20m