Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: HU8HFC "Pretty damming 30 or so minutes listen that.

Probably the most concerning thing is the mention of the current facilities, we have been told that the players are using a world class facility yet it sounds like the clubs operating out of a spare cupboard in the uni.'"

In fairness the Uni modular building isnt up and running yet, think the club said the other week it would be in April, so yeh they probably are borrowing space from uni teams at the minute.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12368
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

Quote: Steve0 "https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/is-hull-f-c-the-new-bulldogs.128087/

Okunbor sounds like a right dud , Clarky take a bow .

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8130
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "Wow pretty damning stuff but lets face it when some of us who have defended this club through some real crisis's on here and elsewhere over many years are saying what we are surely things are just as the guys on the podcast said; gradually and incrementally we are spiralling backwards. It has been going on for years and it is getting worse and yes it is soul destroying for those of us who absolutely love the club. We just expect to get a regular stuffing now it's almost part of being a fan. There are no excuses because we all know that on and off the field we are going backwards. We have to renegotiate the lease on National Avenue so we move to the university. We are told it is a massive step forward but it now appears, as the truth is out, it's another cheap fix and likely a step backwards.

No one at the club could ignore the furore on here on Facebook and even on X on Saturday night yesterday and today but we are still waiting to hear anything to give us a bit of succour and indeed hope. Dans obviously trying to get a comment from the owner or the Chief Executive but 48 hours plus have passed and nothing!!! It almost seems that as they have our money our love and our often blind faith why should they??'"

I completely agree, the bit of your post I've highlighted Pete is for the me the biggest kick in the teeth from the club, AP & JC. The deafening silence feels just like they are sticking two fingers up to the fans after the shoite show. I get that Adam is probably hurting and maybe doesn't know what to say but at least come out and say something to the fans who have continued to back the club in numbers despite being served up a turd that's not even got much glitter on it anymore. The silence coming from the club is only heightening the feeling of bitterness that is creeping in to the core fanbase and it is quite frankly all the clubs doing due to a p1s5 poor attitude towards the fans in terms of communication rather lack of it. What concerns me is that used to be one of the clubs strong points but nowadays its non existent, unless there's some merchandise or memberships to sell. So think unless things seriously change within the club (which I doubt will) then good luck to Adam later on in the year as he'll be lucky if he gets half of the fans that backed the club this year to do it again.

I made the decision after last season I wasn't going to travel to away games this season due to there being better things to use my money on in terms of family etc.
However 5 games in to this season I've now just had enough and will still follow the club but my season pass will now be staying in the drawer for the time being as I just can't stomach seeing those performances anymore or the feeling of despondency almost every week.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4757
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Think a lot of fans aren’t even angry anymore, just apathetic.
The apathy will be even worse than anger long term.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2329
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53009_1317154093.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53009.jpg

Quote: Irregular Hoops "Think a lot of fans aren’t even angry anymore, just apathetic.
The apathy will be even worse than anger long term.'"

This is exactly how I was on Saturday. Stopped being angry about Hull & just sat appreciating the good rugby Leigh were playing.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1417No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66735_1606413614.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66735.jpg

I agree with you Chris.
It's an 80 mile round journey for me for every home game but now I feel nothing towards the club or the desire to waste any further time, energy or money on them.
I had planned with friends to attend the cup game but after Saturday that is now 4 of us not going.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8130
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Bombed Out "I agree with you Chris.
It's an 80 mile round journey for me for every home game but now I feel nothing towards the club or the desire to waste any further time, energy or money on them.
I had planned with friends to attend the cup game but after Saturday that is now 4 of us not going.'"

Don't blame you one bit. Time is a precious commodity and being brutally honest I am struggling to warrant/justify spending time I just won't get back that just doesn't give me any enjoyment or benefit, infact its the complete opposite.

What's worse is I am now starting to feel bitter towards the club that I love because of how it's making me feel as I don't want to abandon the club but think to myself why should I continue just out of blind loyalty when you get absolutely nothing back in any way shape or form.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12368
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg

I think this season is pretty much the line in the sand for the fans and the club . After some of the performances last season and to get 7000+ season tickets on the back of it .
I think pass sales will fall off a cliff if we don't see major changes .

RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Its almost become like an abusive relationship between club and fans, stonewalling i believe is the term.

The more this goes on the more i think weve slowly but surely beeen gradually streamlined financially by Pearson. When you hear how many corners have been cut now with the covid loan the main reason given, and the subsequent radio silence after lying about being upto cap.

I think a running theme is Clarke probably abit like worm tongue from lord of the rings scenario going on.

Were abit similar to the glazers at united totally under invested on the sporting side of things as long as shirt sales and commerical deals are good.

I think Pearson needs to sell, id hazard a guess there are buyers out there, question is how much is Pearson pulling out the club as a salary

RankPostsTeam
International Star7724No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rocknrolla69er "Its almost become like an abusive relationship between club and fans, stonewalling i believe is the term.

The more this goes on the more i think weve slowly but surely beeen gradually streamlined financially by Pearson. When you hear how many corners have been cut now with the covid loan the main reason given, and the subsequent radio silence after lying about being upto cap.

I think a running theme is Clarke probably abit like worm tongue from lord of the rings scenario going on.

Were abit similar to the glazers at united totally under invested on the sporting side of things as long as shirt sales and commerical deals are good.
I think Pearson needs to sell, id hazard a guess there are buyers out there, question is how much is Pearson pulling out the club as a salary'"

Cant see anyone wanting to invest in the club as its normal for an investor to want a return rather than just a seat on the board.
Pearson like the club is in a huge hole
His only income comes from the club and its now obvious that he doesnt have the personal wealth after all his failings to move the club forward.
The problem is the club is worthless so how do you value it as a sale.
I guess Pearson would be looking to recover the money he has put into the club which could be in the region of two Million pounds but you have to ask would anyone want to pay this for nothing but a great fanbase.
My take on all this is that Pearson actually takes a very decent sum of money from the club and would be reluctant to sell the club even if he had a decent offer

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7353No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: Chris71 "I completely agree, the bit of your post I've highlighted Pete is for the me the biggest kick in the teeth from the club, AP & JC. The deafening silence feels just like they are sticking two fingers up to the fans after the shoite show. I get that Adam is probably hurting and maybe doesn't know what to say but at least come out and say something to the fans who have continued to back the club in numbers despite being served up a turd that's not even got much glitter on it anymore. The silence coming from the club is only heightening the feeling of bitterness that is creeping in to the core fanbase and it is quite frankly all the clubs doing due to a p1s5 poor attitude towards the fans in terms of communication rather lack of it. What concerns me is that used to be one of the clubs strong points but nowadays its non existent, unless there's some merchandise or memberships to sell. So think unless things seriously change within the club (which I doubt will) then good luck to Adam later on in the year as he'll be lucky if he gets half of the fans that backed the club this year to do it again.

I made the decision after last season I wasn't going to travel to away games this season due to there being better things to use my money on in terms of family etc.
However 5 games in to this season I've now just had enough and will still follow the club but my season pass will now be staying in the drawer for the time being as I just can't stomach seeing those performances anymore or the feeling of despondency almost every week.
.'"

Well 72 hours gone and at last I stand corrected!!!!!!

I just received an E mail stating that we are playing in our blue strip on Saturday and it lists the prices of all the strip and encouraging me to buy!! I'll look a real bugger sat in Wetherspoons with my ear buds in listening to the radio with my new blue kit on..... cos needless to say although I expect a real battling performance (to engender a bit more false al la Catalan and Warrington) I aint going, I just can't!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12368
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg

Blue kit , Just to tie in with everybody's current mood .

RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "Well 72 hours gone and at last I stand corrected!!!!!!

I just received an E mail stating that we are playing in our blue strip on Saturday and it lists the prices of all the strip and encouraging me to buy!! I'll look a real bugger sat in Wetherspoons with my ear buds in listening to the radio with my new blue kit on..... cos needless to say although I expect a real battling performance (to engender a bit more false al la Catalan and Warrington) I aint going, I just can't!!'"

Commercial club now its all that matters

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5885
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16835_1358246040.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16835.jpg

Sorry to say i told you we'd be garbage this season and got called a rovers fan. I also said Rovers will win something and still believe they will.

For me though HFC and Pearson are going downward in the way Hull City and Allams relationship with the fans did. The Apathy amongst the fans is the worst ive known it since the Casey times when we really was bad. It just shouldnt be like this, we play in a great stadium, have a great fan base yet are an utter shambles in every other way. I can see the club going bust and being relegated (due to points deducted/insolvency) very soon and only Adam Pearson would be to blame - for me he's a worse owner the Kath Hetherington

We need a new owner, plain and simple, thats the only way out of this

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1071
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Even if we discount the years 2018-20, which at best were average, the last four seasons (we can already include 2024 in this as it's clearly not going to get any better anytime soon) rank amongst the worse we have witnessed over the past 50 years.

We haven't been this low for this length of time since the first half of the 1970s, a period generally agreed to have been the lowest we have fallen throughout our entire history. Since 1975 we have had the odd one or two season spells which were a difficult watch, but we usually then recovered to some extent, even if it was only back up to mid-table respectability.

After nigh on 15 years in the wilderness, going nowhere, the club was resuscitated in 1975 when the 'Waudby' board took over and kick-started the club back into life, instigating one of our great periods, giving fans of my generation memories to last a lifetime with heroes to cherish for always.

It's going to take something along similar lines to kickstart us once more, such is the depth of regression that has taken place since 2017, but I have severe doubts that there is a collective out there with the desire and financial capacity to revive our club. A collective with a long-standing affinity with the club and the money to turn this situation around.

As I said earlier, we haven't been this weak for this length of time in a half-century. I'm usually optimistic that even when it's not quite going our way, we will turn the corner at some point and, at the very least, be competitive to the top sides once again, but right now I have genuine fears that we are the next Bradford/Widnes, clubs with glorious pasts which become more faded with each passing year.

I have never felt this low about supporting my club in the 50 years I have been a black & white. The years under Len Casey (86-8icon_cool.gif and David Lloyd (98-99) now feel like mere light-hearted bumps in the road compared to the seemingly ever quickening downward spiral we now find ourselves in.

This has gone way beyond over-heated reactions to yet another catastrophic performance, it increasingly feels like we are in a fight for our very existence. We have being going backwards for seven years now, we are still going backwards today and, unless some drastic changes are made, we will continue going backwards until we fall into the abyss.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to pour myself a goblet of hemlock and cyanide!!

406 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
406 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.23193359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
2m
Grand final Tickets
DannyT
5m