Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Quote: HFC Boy "The game is dying a slow death at the moment.
Pearson is right in what he is saying.'"

Think covid has accelerated the process as well, compounding all the issues the game had anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs.":22575.gif

He's missing all the points and coming up with totally wrong solutions. No wonder Hull FC are in such a state if this is the sort of management of the club.

The Hull derby is one of Super League's biggest strengths along with the Saints-Wigan derby. People tune in for it, it's destination TV viewing.
We need more games like that, not fewer. Merging would create one club no larger than the two currently existing but without the headline derby match and with a bitter legacy that would no doubt reduce for at least the medium term the number of Rugby League fans in Hull. It's idiotic thinking that applies market-based solutions to a sporting environment and is utterly, utterly flawed.

The Hundred meanwhile is the latest solution cricket has to the interminable length of that sport. THIS IS NOT RUGBY LEAGUE'S PROBLEM. Don't take another sport's solution to their particular issues and apply it to Rugby League because it's getting some short-term coverage. That is idiotic and lazy.

Rugby League in the UK, in my view, has the following pressing issues:
- Quality of the games, particularly over the last 2 years as the club owners decided to squeeze as many in as possible which has had a devastating effect with cancellations and walkovers. Get back to one game a week and adjust the rules so that messing and wrestling at the ruck is completely eradicated. Everyone knows the latter is a huge, huge problem but no steps have been taken to address it.
- Constant tinkering with the format. A twelve team Super League with a five or six team play off is a solid, rational top flight. Tinkering, yet again, with this will make no difference. The sport needs stability not more change. It's amazing how smart people can't see that one of the greatest problems is the constant changing of the structure. It's confusing and jading for fans, it gives off a real impression of desperation. The solution is NOT to change again!
- Hard, local engagement and marketing. And controversy. Controversy, on the pitch and between clubs, sells and Rugby League is just so conservative on this front. It's always "yes, they're a very good team, very well drilled, we'll have to play well to beat them" and "he's a great player, we're really going to have to number up on him". Goodness sake, that doesn't generate coverage, that doesn't generate passion, that doesn't make people want to go to games desperate for their team to beat the opposition. Big it up, make people afraid their club could lose to a bunch of thugs or cheats.
This rivals round is a bit of that but get some heat and light into our messaging. Rivals rounds, heritage rounds, venom-filled press conferences. Get people enthused about the game rather than jaded and distracted by constant off-field tinkering or by people like Pearson talking the game down.

As for private equity. Deary me, you'd get better rates at the local loan shark. It's short-termist and idiotic. It might help Pearson out of a short-term hold but it is totally counter to the long-term financial interests of the game. No wonder people like Hetherington and McManus blackballed it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4681
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg

To be fair , he hasn’t mentioned specifically mentioning the Hull clubs. Just spoke in general terms.

I think the interest in the Hull Derby is overstated to be honest. People from outside our game aren’t that bothered about Hull vs Rovers. Or Saints vs Wigan for that matter. The interest isn’t there.

Casual sports fans will be more interested in watching the 100 final on Saturday.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs.":22575.gif

Quote: Irregular Hoops "I think the interest in the Hull Derby is overstated to be honest. People from outside our game aren’t that bothered about Hull vs Rovers. Or Saints vs Wigan for that matter. The interest isn’t there.

Casual sports fans will be more interested in watching the 100 final on Saturday.'"

Don't take the sport out of its context. By Super League standards, these are the ones which attract much larger ratings than the normal week-to-week, the derby games plus ones such as Leeds-Wigan or Warrington-Saints are the foundation upon which the Sky contract is built.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8413
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For me, it starts on the pitch. The quality has diminished in recent times. The players carry some responsibility with this - hands all over the ball, faking injuries, conning the referee. Play with some integrity. Play like you are trying to attract newcomers to the sport.

I would take set restarts and remove them from the game. They create a hectic style of rugby - which looks 'messy' to me, but more so, it means there are no natural breaks in the game. Players are fatigued, and more susceptible to injury. Look how many players are missing from squads for any given matchday - no wonder there is a lack of quality on the pitch with half of the salary cap in the stands.

Also, I wouldn't penalise as heavily any fights, or any biff. Super League, the clubs, Sky Sports themselves this week have been pushing out content of fights in games. You hear the crowd roar, the commentators get excited, yet if that happens on Saturday, there will be sending offs, and 4 game bans dished out! You cannot market using footage of stuff that isn't actually present in games any more for fear of Red Card's and bans.

Then, off the pitch - it needs to be a stable format. 14 team SL for me - with a top 5 or 6 play offs. Play each team Home and Away - with a Magic round, and potentially a 9's tournament in there in the Summer. It doesn't need radical ideas - it just needs a good, high quality product, utilising the athletes that are already in the game - and fans will return.

Games also need to be on Terrestrial TV in some way!

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg

Quote: The Ghost of '99 "the foundation upon which the Sky contract is built.'"

Sky don’t rate them that highly, as the deal is ever (massively) diminishing. And the game is powerless to do anything about it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif

Quote: Irregular Hoops "Sky don’t rate them that highly, as the deal is ever (massively) diminishing. And the game is powerless to do anything about it.'"

You're missing the point. We need more of the better rating games, like the Hull derby. We don't have enough of them and proposing to eliminate some just makes the starting point even worse, never mind the damage it would do to the sport in those areas.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21773
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

Quote: The Ghost of '99 "You're missing the point. We need more of the better rating games, like the Hull derby. We don't have enough of them and proposing to eliminate some just makes the starting point even worse, never mind the damage it would do to the sport in those areas.'"

I'm not sure the Hull derby is one of the better rating games. As has been pointed out there's not much interest in it outside the city.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7986
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "Its obvious that fans are a bit wary of discussing this latest development in any sort of detail for it is certainly a subject close to everyones hearts and of course opposing fans will discard it as simply 'Pearson Rhetoric'

But, man you can always rely on Adam shooting from the hip and on occasions into his own foot. I can't agree with some of what he says, at all, of course I can't, but at least he's saying something and perhaps just perhaps when you scrape away at the surface of what he has said you realise what a parlous state the game is in and what an impact the massive reduction in TV money will have on the sport. Plus therefore the control that Sky has over the games future destiny.

Sky knew no one else was interested in a tired and flagging product and therefore took the calculated risk of offering a much reduced bid. In turn the Clubs knew that no one else was interested so we snapped their hand off. But this is just a situation that will continue to spiral downwards if we don't do something about it. Many say what the hell has Sky's opinion on the format of the game to do with anything, but I would hazard a guess it now has quite a lot.

We are marginalised by the press and the media simply because we are as Adam says lagging behind other sports who don't have as good a product as ours but who have been proactive at moving with the times and the changing way that people engage with sport because they have looked at what others are doing and cherry picked the best bits. I switched on the hundreds ready to scoff at it and ridicule the format and although its not totally for me I have watched it and can 100 per cent get how it appeals to new fans and brings new money into the game. Headingley has seen more in for a handful of games than it will for a whole season of Yorkshire County matches. The weak leadership and 'fiddling as Rome burns' we have seen from the RFL for years saw the Clubs take the initiative off them and that's where the self interest from owners started. Something Adam admits he has been party to as have all the other owners. Whats more the RFL continue to make poor decisions just look at the Academy fiasco.

On a note closer to home, some will say that in this interview Adam's placing of so much of the future of the club on this weekends game and us getting into the play offs is just an attempt to get bums on seats and perhaps they are right in part but the bigger picture for Hull FC is much darker.

At present there is still a big resistance from older fans to attending anything where large amounts of sometimes unvaccinated people are attending. but that's a fact the game, cinemas, theatres and even pubs have to live with for now, but we are none the less as a club with few assets, a shared stadium with a stadium Management company creaming off our ticket sales, almost wholly dependant on Sky, on what we can sell in our shops and get through the gates and so in a bad place at present. Therefore I would shy away from dismissing Adams comments about the next few months being critical for the clubs very existence as just trying to drum up ticket sales for the remaining games, Those inside the club will tell you a lot different. In fact some staff are really worried about things and pursuing other options outside the game for fear of what the future holds. So, despite the usual hype 'hip shooting' and sensationalism this interview includes it perhaps does indicate that things are going on behind the scenes and that the clubs and the RFL realise together that action is needed to save the game.They have to put their differences behind them and forget about self interest something history has proved is easier said than done.

One things for sure whatever you think about Adam Pearson and his comments the next few months are critical for the game.'"

I think the part of your post I've highlighted in bold is the biggest issue and cause of the problems the game is facing.

For too long the RFL and all involved within have been far too parochial and there has been a definite reluctance to relinquish any part of the game to outside partoes for fear of losing any control. The SL then chose to try and do it themselves which just compounded the problems as most of the clubs then started to look out for the own interests and not the game. They even brought in an outsider in Elston who had a proven background and gave him to task to come up with answers yet a number of clubs then didnt like the answers so Elston then left his role as it was a pointless task.

The game is still classed and viewed by mainstream media and the public as a game played up north amongst flap caps and whippets. Until the RFL and SL (Europe) get their blinkers off and actually invest in the right areas & people such as marketing and have a properly thought out strategy it wont' make any difference to whatever they try to achieve with the game.

This is for me the crux of the issue, there are certain factions that seem quite happy to sit take out the game yet are not prepared to really earn their corn to do their job effectively.

I've said before I'm not a big fan of the Hearns but the game unfortunately needs to look at people like them that can really turn the sport around in terms of the marketing and revenue stream potential. They have the where with all and non blinkered vision to make decisions whether liked or not to improve and grow what they are involved with for the better.

Between the RFL and SL they have blown countless opportunities to steal a march on other sports but just sat back and now have been overtaken and lag behind.

The big issue now is that they have messed about and dithered with the sport so much over the past decade with no real strategy and they are now turning off the fans the sport had which is a big concern.

As for comments from trolls such as its because AP cant afford it or he's over spent etc whether true or not I can't say but even the likes of Leeds who are Hethetrington openly admitted have lost 3/4 of a million and wlll do so again, its not rocket science to realise that even the few clubs that have money won't survive without the game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5409No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "I'm not sure the Hull derby is one of the better rating games. As has been pointed out there's not much interest in it outside the city.'"

One of RL's biggest negatives is that most of the games are played in half empty (and in some cases nearly empty) stadia with no atmosphere and as such very little excitement. Regardsless of the quality of the game on Saturday there will be a full stadium and an electric atmosphere. If a random viewer tunes into a game with all the atmosphere of a Sunday league game what is the initial view, even the clubs real fans can't be bothered.

The local 'grudge' matches are the ones that generate viewers, like someone said earlier, clubs not being nice to each other generates the viewing figures and the interest, ultimately column inches.

One big management learning is that to get on you need 10% perfomanace 60% image and 30% exposure.. RL has all its eggs in the performance bucket. The 100 did well because it had a good image and high exposure, the games average but people will watch because others are watching and the media are telling them to. We need to get to that whilst not alienating the current fan base.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3378
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11213.gif
:11213.gif

Quote: The Ghost of '99 "You're missing the point. We need more of the better rating games, like the Hull derby. We don't have enough of them and proposing to eliminate some just makes the starting point even worse, never mind the damage it would do to the sport in those areas.'"

Derbies are good, but you can have too many of them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif

Quote: Isaiah "
Derbies are good, but you can have too many of them.'"

Bizarre. I didn't even say we needed more derbies. But let's not wilfully destroy our existing valuable properties.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain156
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75870_1717610078.jpg
"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't." - Emerson M. Pugh:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75870.jpg

Quote: Chris71 "I think the part of your post I've highlighted in bold is the biggest issue and cause of the problems the game is facing.

For too long the RFL and all involved within have been far too parochial and there has been a definite reluctance to relinquish any part of the game to outside partoes for fear of losing any control. The SL then chose to try and do it themselves which just compounded the problems as most of the clubs then started to look out for the own interests and not the game. They even brought in an outsider in Elston who had a proven background and gave him to task to come up with answers yet a number of clubs then didnt like the answers so Elston then left his role as it was a pointless task.

The game is still classed and viewed by mainstream media and the public as a game played up north amongst flap caps and whippets. Until the RFL and SL (Europe) get their blinkers off and actually invest in the right areas & people such as marketing and have a properly thought out strategy it wont' make any difference to whatever they try to achieve with the game.

This is for me the crux of the issue, there are certain factions that seem quite happy to sit take out the game yet are not prepared to really earn their corn to do their job effectively.

I've said before I'm not a big fan of the Hearns but the game unfortunately needs to look at people like them that can really turn the sport around in terms of the marketing and revenue stream potential. They have the where with all and non blinkered vision to make decisions whether liked or not to improve and grow what they are involved with for the better.

Between the RFL and SL they have blown countless opportunities to steal a march on other sports but just sat back and now have been overtaken and lag behind.

The big issue now is that they have messed about and dithered with the sport so much over the past decade with no real strategy and they are now turning off the fans the sport had which is a big concern.

As for comments from trolls such as its because AP cant afford it or he's over spent etc whether true or not I can't say but even the likes of Leeds who are Hethetrington openly admitted have lost 3/4 of a million and wlll do so again, its not rocket science to realise that even the few clubs that have money won't survive without the game.'"

For my money, you're absolutely spot on!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain156
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75870_1717610078.jpg
"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't." - Emerson M. Pugh:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75870.jpg

Quote: barham red "One of RL's biggest negatives is that most of the games are played in half empty (and in some cases nearly empty) stadia with no atmosphere and as such very little excitement. Regardsless of the quality of the game on Saturday there will be a full stadium and an electric atmosphere. If a random viewer tunes into a game with all the atmosphere of a Sunday league game what is the initial view, even the clubs real fans can't be bothered.

The local 'grudge' matches are the ones that generate viewers, like someone said earlier, clubs not being nice to each other generates the viewing figures and the interest, ultimately column inches.

One big management learning is that to get on you need 10% perfomanace 60% image and 30% exposure.. RL has all its eggs in the performance bucket. The 100 did well because it had a good image and high exposure, the games average but people will watch because others are watching and the media are telling them to. We need to get to that whilst not alienating the current fan base.'"

Yes, yes, yes! And your last sentence is so pertinent because a lot of the current fan base won't like the necessary changes.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg

The 100 cricket has been perceived a success (I’d like to know how many discounted tickets and merchandise has been given out though) because Sky has a vested interest in it being a success. They, and the ECB, have spent millions on it, and pushed a lot of resource at it.

They’ve also thrown a lot at it production wise, while we get Bill, Baz and Tez.

102 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
102 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.85400390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Yippee try y
22m
Tonights game v Giants
Uncle Rico
22m
Round 16 London Home
Once were Lo
22m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MattyB
30m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
32m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
47m
Accountability
Murphy
Recent
Rate My Takeaway
AgbriggAmble
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
wrencat1873
Recent
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
GeoffRoebuck
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Yippee try y
33s
Planning for next season
LeythIg
36s
Rate My Takeaway
AgbriggAmble
36s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MattyB
40s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
43s
Accountability
Murphy
1m
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
GeoffRoebuck
1m
Batley Bulldogs H
wrencat1873
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
2m
Murphy on his way then
Trojan Horse
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Rate My Takeaway
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Woeful performance against London
Bobtownrhino
TODAY
Accountability
Murphy
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
Philbetter
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
Uncle Rico
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Once were Lo
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,506 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Sydney
42-12
St.George
 FT
Hover 
Canberra
12-16
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
       League One 2024-R14
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 7th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Sydney42-12St.George
NRL
LIVE
Canberra12-16Newcastle
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
CH 14 Toulouse12-12Bradford
WSL2024 7 LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024 7 FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10