JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

So far so good would be a fair assessment. Won 7 lost 4 is a decent return. Out of the four we've lost, 2 were by a point with another by 2. The only real blot on the season was the nightmare night at Widnes.

We look fit and strong, as our 2nd half performances show, which is probably credit to the work done pre season. We are showing glimpses of what we could be in attack and team spirit and confidence appears to be excellent.

Before the season started I hoped we would win a minimum of 50% of our games (i.e. 15 wins from 30) and we are clearly currently on course for that.

Looking forward to the next 12 games and hoping we will continue to improve as the players become more familiar with each other's games.

Just a note of caution though, we looked like serious challengers in April/May 2013 and by the end of that year we'd had 70+ points put past us in a play-off game, the coach was clearing his desk out, and this board was having one of its regular meltdowns.
Although I would say we look in far better shape overall than we were 3 years ago.

So, onwards and upwards hopefully. Still plenty to play for in both the League and the Cup. We've still to enter this year's Challenge Cup, whereas some Super League clubs have had their interest in this year's competition ended already icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Quote: BP1 "So far so good would be a fair assessment. Won 7 lost 4 is a decent return. Out of the four we've lost, 2 were by a point with another by 2. The only real blot on the season was the nightmare night at Widnes.

We look fit and strong, as our 2nd half performances show, which is probably credit to the work done pre season. We are showing glimpses of what we could be in attack and team spirit and confidence appears to be excellent.

Before the season started I hoped we would win a minimum of 50% of our games (i.e. 15 wins from 30) and we are clearly currently on course for that.

Looking forward to the next 12 games and hoping we will continue to improve as the players become more familiar with each other's games.

Just a note of caution though, we looked like serious challengers in April/May 2013 and by the end of that year we'd had 70+ points put past us in a play-off game, the coach was clearing his desk out, and this board was having one of its regular meltdowns.
Although I would say we look in far better shape overall than we were 3 years ago.

So, onwards and upwards hopefully. Still plenty to play for in both the League and the Cup. We've still to enter this year's Challenge Cup, whereas some Super League clubs have had their interest in this year's competition ended already

I believe only one Super League club has so far sunk without trace. Unfortunately I cannot allow their name to pass my lips.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17490_1406583406.jpg
First there was wisdom Then there was knowledge Now there is only information:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17490.jpg

We should be satisfied with where we are and how we've been performing. We made a good start and then had a wobble but recovered well. Its a bit frustrating that we lost three games narrowly but we won three narrowly too.
The job is only half done however, we need to kick on throughout the second half of the season. Wakey away is a potential banana skin, we rarely do well there. Catalans will be tough too but if we win them both we'll be nicely placed. Lose them both however....

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4756
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Think there's more to come. Overseas players often take a while to fully settle in, so think we still have the best to come from our new players.
I've been critical of LR over the last couple of years, but I'm glad he's proved me wrong so far. He's changed the culture of the club and that will be his legacy. We've won games this year we'd have lost last year.
There'll be no wholesale changes next year, so onwards and upwards. A number 6 will a priority, and I'm sure the club will be on with it.
There's been some pain over the last few years, but I can see there are structures in place and we, as a club, are moving forward. Have quite a good feeling about where we are heading.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7359
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

Defo going in the right direction.Important game against wakey coming up. COYH

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A good post. More than happy in most areas, especially the pack where I think Bowden and Washy have exceeded all expectations. The one disappointment for me there is Manu, I think he's lucky to be keeping the likes of Hadley, Thompson, Green etc out personally.

Centre still worry me - we're doing ok but in terms of a top 4, then GF push, this is where we look slightly short to me. No one has necessarily let us down, but conversely no one really stands out either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7359
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

I've been to all hulls matches at home and when I've seen manu play have been underwhelmed . but when I've watched the match back on fc live I've been surprised how much of the so called dirty work he does.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We have to be happy with how things have gone so far , a bit of luck and we could have been even better. Radford has moulded a good side who clearly fight for the badge and are all in it together and that on its own is something we have not had for years.We have some fantastic talent coming through the ranks which will be a huge benefit to the culture of the Club . No doubt we will have some downs along the way but we have to be excited what the potential this squad can achieve

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hull2524 "I've been to all hulls matches at home and when I've seen manu play have been underwhelmed . but when I've watched the match back on fc live I've been surprised how much of the so called dirty work he does.'"

Danny Houghton said several weeks ago that Manu was his type of player.Does a lot of hard graft which goes unnoticed.
What i dont like though is how Radford interchanges Manu.
In my opinion is on the field too long. At Leeds he was out on his feet before being inchanged.That could and should have been done 10 mins earlier.
We have some quality on the bench now (apart from Feka) so dont need to exhaust players.
I like Feka but he is finished at this level.Why Radford wastes a bench spot on him to play 10 minutes only he knows.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7359
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg

Spot on

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bonaire "Danny Houghton said several weeks ago that Manu was his type of player.Does a lot of hard graft which goes unnoticed.
What i dont like though is how Radford interchanges Manu.
In my opinion is on the field too long. At Leeds he was out on his feet before being inchanged.That could and should have been done 10 mins earlier.
We have some quality on the bench now (apart from Feka) so dont need to exhaust players.
I like Feka but he is finished at this level.Why Radford wastes a bench spot on him to play 10 minutes only he knows.'"

A bit harsh on feka, didnt look out of place for the 10 mins he was on, just dont understand why he only played for 10 mins. Manu was our best player over the first 3 games, like the rest of the squad, his standards dropped for the next couple. Thought he was very good against leeds, the suggestion of hadley or green should be in front of him for a starting position is way off

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1956
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43891_1446081293.png
"never looking back,always looking forward":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43891.png

Quote: Tinkerman23 "A bit harsh on feka, didnt look out of place for the 10 mins he was on, just dont understand why he only played for 10 mins. Manu was our best player over the first 3 games, like the rest of the squad, his standards dropped for the next couple. Thought he was very good against leeds, the suggestion of hadley or green should be in front of him for a starting position is way off'"

Don't think his standards have dropped. It's just he's had a few games based more on graft. He'd scored a couple of tries n showed some nice stuff but a lack of a steady 6 giving him some decent ball has made him seem a bit less effective
I'd fancy he'll be back in the tries when pryce gets back
Also Manu's work on the floor is unmatched in out team. League even. Works the floor brilliantly

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's such a mixed bag this season so far, from depressing lows to exaltation.
Great start and looking like we going to blow teams away to abysmal performances for the next three (despite the closeness of the Cas & Wigan games we were bang average)
The five game run showed we can show spirit and can hang on in and grind results which we weren't doing previously, oh and some certain amount of talent.
The turning point of our season has to be the KR game, a great, great comeback, amazing feeling from fans and players and from that wins against two top teams which is a feather in Radford's cap.
Losing against Leeds is a real dissapointment and still highlights two mistakes Radford repeats and has done on numerous occasions.

We have some gumption and heart and attacking wise we look a hell of a lot better when we actually get our act together whereas the last two seasons we just haven't, we are playing better as a whole, there are signs and a belief by the fans we really can beat anyone and could well be serious contenders but the players are making the same type of errors also that are costing us and at times we have looked fragile.
Thus far I think we are a strong 7.5/10, there's definitely room for improvement, we can definitely play better, we have an immense squad and first 17 and if Radford and the players can cut out making repeat errors and continue with the good stuff we will make a dent at the back end of the season.

Beating Wakey is really important right now before facing Catalans.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22111
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "It's such a mixed bag this season so far, from depressing lows to exaltation.
Great start and looking like we going to blow teams away to abysmal performances for the next three (despite the closeness of the Cas & Wigan games we were bang average)
The five game run showed we can show spirit and can hang on in and grind results which we weren't doing previously, oh and some certain amount of talent.
The turning point of our season has to be the KR game, a great, great comeback, amazing feeling from fans and players and from that wins against two top teams which is a feather in Radford's cap.
Losing against Leeds is a real dissapointment and still highlights two mistakes Radford repeats and has done on numerous occasions.

We have some gumption and heart and attacking wise we look a hell of a lot better when we actually get our act together whereas the last two seasons we just haven't, we are playing better as a whole, there are signs and a belief by the fans we really can beat anyone and could well be serious contenders but the players are making the same type of errors also that are costing us and at times we have looked fragile.
Thus far I think we are a strong 7.5/10, there's definitely room for improvement, we can definitely play better, we have an immense squad and first 17 and if Radford and the players can cut out making repeat errors and continue with the good stuff we will make a dent at the back end of the season.

Beating Wakey is really important right now before facing Catalans.'"

How can we have been both "abysmal" and "average" in the Cas and Wigan games?

Otherwise a fair post.

RankPostsTeam
International Star126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Happy, but could still go either way. Be interesting to bring this thread back up if we happen to lose to Wakefield and Catalans - entirely possible given their form - in the next two games.

Of the defeats, the Castleford one was particularly unfortunate and I think we'd win that game if it were played now we've tightened our edges up defensively. But Leeds on Friday was a poor result, and however hilarious the derby was we weren't good there for an hour against the worst team in the competition.

We are, for all the money spent and excellent recruitment, already reduced to playing Danny Washbrook at 6, which he never has been and never will be. We're an injury to Sneyd away from God know's what, likewise Houghton who has been superb.

With the players we have fourth is the least we should expect, and fourth is where we are, so that's fine. Like I say, let's look in again next Friday night. Massive pair of games coming up. It's very delicately balanced at the moment - beat Wakefield, beat Catalans, secure in top four with winnable games to come. Lose one, or both, pick up an injury to Sneyd or Houghton and the whole thing can go down the tubes again.

41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

14.8701171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
1m
Rumours thread
Prince Buste
2m