Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8906.gif
:8906.gif

Quote: garry brindley "Whenever a coach is under serious pressure in any team sport almost invariably a senior player will come out and give him their backing, and almost invariably the coach ends up getting the sack anyway... it doesn't mean anything! You can't honestly think after the career Fitz has had that he's impressed by Agar's methods?

I remember a couple of seasons ago when we finished 12th Berro was on Airlie night saying that there's nothing wrong with the coaching, it's just that 'the players aren't making the ball stick' or some such drivel. Still as someone said to you the other day Pookie, there's none so blind as those who refuse to see
A couple of seasons ago when we finished 12th, had a run of horrendous injuries and nobody got sacked you mean? I guess what I am saying is that I am more prepared to listen to the comments of an ex Australian international player than you and would be more concerned if there was a deafening silence from the players. I guess at least the blind dont get the chance to just follow the half glass full sheep.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1530No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="The Dentist Wilf":ordztzb0]I for one wish him well... One thing is for sure despite what a lot on here said he was not sacked or under any sort of investigation...Good luck Mr Rule![/quote:ordztzb0]:

Quote: berrigans bitch "Fitz needs specsavers
icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.:

As team captain and a legend of the sport Fitzgibbons words carry weight and i expect a big response tomorrow from his team mates and the fans who travel.
I dont think for one minute that he is happy with some things currently going on at Hull but its his job to issue rallying cries, not to be defeatest.
For instance after the bad publicity about going straight home after Cardiff with no re-hab session and only grabbing a take-away on the way back do you think that Fitzgibbon was happy with Long writing in his HDM collumn that he was racing straight from Huddersfield to Wigan for the WCC? Unlikely, and i bet he ripped a strip off him when he read it.
Surprised its not been mentioned on here because its another small way that the players are making Agars job harder than it needs be. When you put things like that alongside Tanseys idiocy then its easy to start to have some sympathy for Agar.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

the original sandy, no aussie imitation!:

Quote: R.B.A "As team captain and a legend of the sport Fitzgibbons words carry weight and i expect a big response tomorrow from his team mates and the fans who travel.
I dont think for one minute that he is happy with some things currently going on at Hull but its his job to issue rallying cries, not to be defeatest.
For instance after the bad publicity about going straight home after Cardiff with no re-hab session and only grabbing a take-away on the way back do you think that Fitzgibbon was happy with Long writing in his HDM collumn that he was racing straight from Huddersfield to Wigan for the WCC? Unlikely, and i bet he ripped a strip off him when he read it.
Surprised its not been mentioned on here because its another small way that the players are making Agars job harder than it needs be. When you put things like that alongside Tanseys idiocy then its easy to start to have some sympathy for Agar.'"

I can see what you're doing but you've got no chance of illiciting some sympathy for agar on here at the moment, back on the rovers board mind that would be a different matter icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: sandy "I can see what you're doing but you've got no chance of illiciting some sympathy for agar on here at the moment, back on the rovers board mind that would be a different matter

I'm being serious. Dont get me wrong i think Agar is a bit of a wally but i dont think some of his players and backroom staff are helping him at all.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16983No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40452_1335639638.jpg
[img:218z2l9g]http://i40.tinypic.com/tz8ti.jpg[/img:218z2l9g]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40452.jpg

Quote: R.B.A "I'm being serious. Dont get me wrong i think Agar is a bit of a wally but i dont think some of his players and backroom staff are helping him at all.'"

I was told earlier in the week there is a divide in the camp, and a lot not happy with Agar which was worsened after Moagate icon_biggrin.gif .....It will be interesting to see how the team respond tomorrow as they are all aware of the pressure on Agar now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

Quote: R.B.A "I'm being serious. Dont get me wrong i think Agar is a bit of a wally but i dont think some of his players and backroom staff are helping him at all.'"

Whilst I would say in some circumstances Agar hasn't had the right attitude of others, it is his job to sort all this out.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22032
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

Quote: colt-45 "d040.gif
Did you really expect the club captain to publically criticise the coach?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1530No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="The Dentist Wilf":ordztzb0]I for one wish him well... One thing is for sure despite what a lot on here said he was not sacked or under any sort of investigation...Good luck Mr Rule![/quote:ordztzb0]:

Quote: R.B.A "As team captain and a legend of the sport Fitzgibbons words carry weight and i expect a big response tomorrow from his team mates and the fans who travel.
Surprised its not been mentioned on here because its another small way that the players are making Agars job harder than it needs be. When you put things like that alongside Tanseys idiocy then its easy to start to have some sympathy for Agar.'"

I agree with the underlined part but fundamentally disagree with the rest of your point. It's all well and good having someone like Fitz to enforce discipline in the squad, but that should be supplementary to an overall culture of discipline that is implemented by the head coach. You say you feel sorry for Agar but a lot of these things happen because he is a weak leader who is unable to command enough respect from the players. You'll always get the odd one you can do nothing about like Raynor, but I think a lot of these things that are 'making Agar's job harder' are ultimately caused by his own failings.

Imagine it like when you were at school, you knew with some teachers you could get away with almost anything and with others you respected/feared them too much to misbehave at all. Now I know you may say that Agar took firm action with Tansey and indeed he did, but there are some 'teachers' with whom Tansey would never have considered doing the stuff he did.

The other thing is that Agar has already blamed his squad once when he had the clear-out. I agreed with a lot of the players he got rid of, but I disliked the way he was effectively allowed to write-off a whole season because he was incapable of working with the squad he had. Every player in the current squad has either been signed or re-signed by Agar, he can't be allowed to blame the players again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

the original sandy, no aussie imitation!:

I think you're wrong there RBA, agar is no wally he's just out of his depth really and should never have got the job (i'm glad he did though!). He's tactically inept (he was at york too) and partly because of this and partly because he is actually a nice guy he struggles to exert any authority imho. Leadership has to come from the top after all. You say he's not getting any help from the players and back room staff but surely a stronger personality wouldn't allow that. I can't see justin Morgan, michael maguire or Tony Smith being in the same situation to name just 3, can you?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: pmarrow "Whilst I would say in some circumstances Agar hasn't had the right attitude of others, it is his job to sort all this out.'"

That is true but if Agar is as clueless as many think then why isnt your conditioner insisting on a re-hab session after the game? Why isnt your nutritionist insisting on the players eating correctly after a game? After all it is their reputations on the line aswell.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach570No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41417.jpg
:41417.jpg

Quote: garry brindley "Good speech, but the 'it's only two games into the season' line is nonsense whether it's a cretin like Gwilym Lloyd saying it or a legend of the game like Fitzy. Agar is being judged by the fans on the three years he's had in charge, to try and pretend otherwise is really a bit of an insult to the fan's intelligence.'"

Well said a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16983No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40452_1335639638.jpg
[img:218z2l9g]http://i40.tinypic.com/tz8ti.jpg[/img:218z2l9g]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40452.jpg

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "Did you really expect the club captain to publically criticise the coach?'"

I am not being pedantic, and agree with your point, but I thought Radders was the club captain, have they binned that now ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16983No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40452_1335639638.jpg

Quote: R.B.A "That is true but if Agar is as clueless as many think then why isnt your conditioner insisting on a re-hab session after the game? Why isnt your nutritionist insisting on the players eating correctly after a game? After all it is their reputations on the line aswell.'"

Because Agar is the headcoach and ultimately has control...I agree with your points, and I also do not understand why Horney who has been out injured long term is not starting in the U20s eusa_wall.gif

I hope when Agar gets sacked he takes all his team with him and that includes Webster, and the new coach brings in his own people.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

Quote: R.B.A "That is true but if Agar is as clueless as many think then why isnt your conditioner insisting on a re-hab session after the game? Why isnt your nutritionist insisting on the players eating correctly after a game? After all it is their reputations on the line aswell.'"

I'd also question as to why any of the senior coaching management hasn't questioned the conditioner and nutritionist on these.

86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.10546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
0m
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
1m