FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > who needs to up their game?
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3804
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44896_1303224625.jpg
In a nutshell...a brissie LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44896.jpg

Quote: ccs "Good to see the same old crew moaning about anything and everything.

Makes you wonder why they "support" the team.'"

Its not moaning as you put it, its a discussion based on what were seeing, averagness at its opitimy at the minute, and people are sick of it

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: berro's best mate "Its not moaning as you put it, its a discussion based on what were seeing, averagness at its opitimy at the minute, and people are sick of it'"

but we train the house down and always putting it right. the HDM says so

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3804
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44896_1303224625.jpg
In a nutshell...a brissie LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44896.jpg

Quote: frepneyboy "but we train the house down and always putting it right. the HDM says so'"

Dont forget its the hardest pre season weve ever had.... icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

In the main the pack all performed well on saturday, Green maybe the exception. The 3/4 line really worries me, its far to slow. Yeaman has gone, said it on here regularly, no threat with ball at all and too slow, he's so easy to play against. Sa is going to be injury prone and looks for the 'hollywood' pass all the time. We havent got a pure strike centre. Talanoa isnt quick for a winger and Tom has lost a yard. Lancaster and logan may well be utilised soon. I reckon only Rankin could have gone the length on Saturday - apart from jordan thompson icon_smile.gif !

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: berro's best mate "So thats 2 years left then??? I can just see him leaving, he's got no chance of winning anything at fc, and leeds would be a viable option for me, plus theyd pay a fee no doubt'"

I too can see him leaving and who can blame him? we all moaned and booed Carvell (first time round) & Briscoe for leaving, but they've got CC winners medals to show for it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: berro's best mate "Agree with all ofvthe above, BUT id say without hesitation westerman has his sights firmly on an exit from fc.... I beleive he'll replace sinfield at leeds in the near future, just my thoughts before eveyone gets on my case about it... as for yeaman, the guys a dinosaur, centres need to be fast, strong and have a brain nowadays, and without his defence, hes bang average IMO.. theres also the issue with green, bowden etc, there miles behind what saints and wigan bring in from the reserves,... too slow and havent improved, houghtaon is a tough one for me, I do agree that he's a tackling machine, and maybe thats it, I feel we need a hooker of equal skill to compete, and we havent got one, I feel
He can olay too many minutes at times, but unfortunatly he has too'"

the ideal scenario with Houghton would be to sign another hooker who is more creative, and then use Houghton to come off the bench and inject some pace and in tight games shore up the defence. I don't know how much Heremaia was asking for, but you've got to question why we let him leave to then sign the likes of Howarth & Naughton who aren't even getting a game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7694No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: lummy "In the main the pack all performed well on saturday, Green maybe the exception. The 3/4 line really worries me, its far to slow. Yeaman has gone, said it on here regularly, no threat with ball at all and too slow, he's so easy to play against. Sa is going to be injury prone and looks for the 'hollywood' pass all the time. We havent got a pure strike centre. Talanoa isnt quick for a winger and Tom has lost a yard. Lancaster and logan may well be utilised soon. I reckon only Rankin could have gone the length on Saturday - apart from jordan thompson
If you run the replay of the Salford first try you can see exactly how slow Yeaman is.
A fast centre could easily have caught Lee before he passed the ball.Yeaman just sauntered back.
Talanoa though is a good finisher and does the hard yards when necessary.Give him a good centre and he would be high in the try scoring list

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Quote: bonaire "If you run the replay of the Salford first try you can see exactly how slow Yeaman is.
A fast centre could easily have caught Lee before he passed the ball.Yeaman just sauntered back.
Talanoa though is a good finisher and does the hard yards when necessary.Give him a good centre and he would be high in the try scoring list'"
The fastest centre in the world wouldn't have stopped the first try.

The second try was more debatable, but Yeaman was covering the outside pass, the fullback had the man with the ball coming straight towards him, and a blatant forward pass sorted out the 2 players covering the inside pass.

When someone better (whatever that may mean) than Yeaman is available, then his time will be up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/3890-1360Zapper-msnicons.jpg
:icons1949_files/3890-1360Zapper-msnicons.jpg

Surely the obvious one is our coach radford,hadn't got a clue last year and hasnt improved at all,but at least we've trained well and had our toughest ever pre season.
Sorry Mrs B.

RankPostsTeam
International Star174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

here we go ,one defeat and the radders out brigade start, sorry but 3 games in and two really good displays and one which was not that bad just outplayed by chase and some dodgy decisions and its all radfords fault ,I really wonder if these are for real,just give your heads a bang

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

Quote: hokeydokey "here we go ,one defeat and the radders out brigade start, sorry but 3 games in and two really good displays and one which was not that bad just outplayed by chase and some dodgy decisions and its all radfords fault ,I really wonder if these are for real,just give your heads a bang'"

To be fair, it's only one really.

However there is plenty of over reacting going on. Just as we wasn't going to win the comp after the Hudds game, we're also not relegation material because of a narrow defeat at Salford.

RankPostsTeam
International Star669No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70480_1365464240.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70480.jpg

Ahh, I see the lynch mob are out after just three games identifying their scapegoats. Brilliant. Where were you two weeks ago guys?

So, who needs to up their game after Salford? The team does. It's a team sport and our attitude as a team was poor, so all of them. I'm not really sure what identifying individuals and hammering them online will achieve? Players will make errors, it's how the team responds/recovers from those errors that really matters, and our response as a team, and adapting to what was infront of them should've been better.

Unfortunately, it seems this board/our club is infested with posters/supporters who are almost wanting a poor performance. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they want to see us win and do well like we all do deep down, but the rush & clamour to get themselves online to say 'I told you so' & spread the doom and gloom is nauseating & makes me feel sorry for them if they apply that negativity to every aspect of their lives.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5880
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16835_1358246040.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16835.jpg

No lynch mob here, just a reaction to people seeing the same old deficiencies that we saw last year despite new half backs, best pre-season ever, Radford gaining more experience yet the same same old same old with certain players not upping their game enough again when playing a lesser fancied side with a host of injuries. Not many blaming Radford either but most looking at which players under performed or are unable to maintain a decent level over the long term

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3460
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Challenge Cup Winners 2016 (at Wembley) - HULL FC:

Quote: Sebasteeno "No lynch mob here, just a reaction to people seeing the same old deficiencies that we saw last year despite new half backs, best pre-season ever, Radford gaining more experience yet the same same old same old with certain players not upping their game enough again when playing a lesser fancied side with a host of injuries. Not many blaming Radford either but most looking at which players under performed or are unable to maintain a decent level over the long term'"

It's not a reaction to people seeing the "same old deficiences".

It's a reaction from so called fans who couldn't wait for such a loss to start criticising everyone.

Some of our tries were the result of slick moves the like of which we haven't seen for years. Especially when the half backs were involved.

Not happy with the manner of the defeat but let's give the team a bit of time first before slagging them all.

We didn't defend well and that is the annoying part after the defence on show in the first 2 matches.

Having said that, however, BUT for a couple of decisions (Lineham's no try & the forward pass for their second) we would have won the game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7694No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: davey37 "It's not a reaction to people seeing the "same old deficiences".

It's a reaction from so called fans who couldn't wait for such a loss to start criticising everyone.

Some of our tries were the result of slick moves the like of which we haven't seen for years. Especially when the half backs were involved.

Not happy with the manner of the defeat but let's give the team a bit of time first before slagging them all.

We didn't defend well and that is the annoying part after the defence on show in the first 2 matches.

Having said that, however, BUT for a couple of decisions (Lineham's no try & the forward pass for their second) we would have won the game.'"

Talking about Linehams no try did anyone get a good view of the grounding and was it a try?

73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.21630859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC