Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club. Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you. "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005:

What is the strongest team though...the pack picks its self and so do the subs....for me its the backs that are the weakest link,we only have 1 back with outright pace in Shaul......Micheals is wasted on the wing,needs to be centre but then again,he isn't a strike centre,Fonoua came as a winger and was very iffy in defence and worst as a centre,yeaman is yeaman,Talaona prone to mistakes,but warrants his place...then we come to our stand offs......arguably we seem to have lost the spark and flair now Carlos is our 6.....we look more structerd with Pryce at 6......going on in id have a bk line of Shaul,Micheals,Carlos,Yeamo,Binman,Pryce,Sneyd....carlos and Micheals would tiggten up that side......Fonoua to work on his defence and to come in when injuries hit but id have Naughton before him and have Lancaster breathing down his neck

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

whatever happens this season,we need to sort the number 6 position for next season,i also think as well as we have done so far,our threequarter line up lacks speed and class to win the big finals.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Lang Park "Quite.

I never understand why people are so pessimistic on here.

A couple of defeats and we're back to being dire and doom in upon us. And all this from those that in the dark days used to slag people off for being doom and gloom.
We've lost a couple of close games, so what! We came back from worse after the Widnes debacle and went on a stellar run.
The team needs to dust themselves down, work intensely on execution and focus on the next game at hand.
All this talk of sacking games off and concentrating on the semi will only lead to us falling down the table and choking on the big stage leaving us with another season empty handed.'"

Good to see you back. 10 weeks is a long long time.

Personally I'm not doom and gloom at all. This squad's already delivered the best run in a decade, sat in 2nd and in the cup SF. Massively surpassed my expectations for the year already.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

Be nice to have some pace amongst our backs apart from shall.we don't have a lot

RankPostsTeam
International Star7668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "There are several reasons for last nights loss. That face we are in a semi final in 3 weeks time is NOT one of them.

We are a different team when Ellis plays.

We are an awesome team when Ellis and Mini are on the pitch.

We made like a an unstoppable force when Ellis, Mini and Frank are all on.

Personally I thought Sneyd was magnificent last night. However he had far to much to do again after Carlos went off injured. I know injuries are part of the game but this is the forth game that Carlos has gone off the field early on, not to return when he started at 6. Losing one of your halves like this serveraly damages the game plan. We are not in a position to bully their pack and Sneyd had far too much to do. It was his kicking which gave up many repeat sets from drop outs in The second half yet we didn't find a way over the line. If we played with 2 halves during that period, we score on at least 2 more occasions IMO.

I didn't really want to single out a player and I am not blaming the defeat on one player, BUT. Talanoas decision making needs to improve. The kick which lead to Leeds third try was not accurate. It should not have been contested in the air which would have allowed a defender to wrap up the Leeds catcher with ease. Instead he had to stretch to reach the ball in the air, fluffed it and Leeds score. I can forgive him the knock on which lead to Leeds winning try. No player will deliberately knock on. That was just one of those things.

For next Thursday, I'd like to see Pryce at 6.'"

Dont think we have any other option but to play Pryce at 6

RankPostsTeam
International Star7668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ditchley16 "whatever happens this season,we need to sort the number 6 position for next season,i also think as well as we have done so far,our threequarter line up lacks speed and class to win the big finals.'"

Its what i keep saying we need a 6 for next season.
Why waste money signing another utility player like Connor?
I hope he isnt coming now and we use the money trying to find the 6 that is needed

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1046
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Disappointed to lose, as it always is to lose any game. Thought the game was won and lost during the spell of pressure we exerted mid second half. Failure to convert pressure into points ultimately cost us as Leeds clearly were boosted by keeping us at bay and seemed to grow in strength from that point onwards. A lack of guile and subtlety proving the difference, losing Carlos certainly disrupted us to a significant degree although Syned had probably his best game for us so far.

For the first time in 2016, Leeds looked something like their old selves and were deserving winners on the night. It was noticeable that a number of their big names players (Burrow, Hall, Moon, Watkins) all made decisive contributions to their performance.

For all that i enjoyed the game, if not the actual result. In 2016 we are still well into the credit column, although defeat next Thursday against what is sure to be a fired up rovers side may potentially turn this into a full blown wobble.

Either way, this sure as hell is a damn sight better than scrabbling around in 7th/8th/9th place which is where we have spent the bulk of the last ten years. A defeat is always disappointing no matter what the scenario, but I don't think anyone needs to reach for the cyanide tablets just yet icon_smile.gif

Onwards and upwards people, there was always going to be the odd bump in the road during the remainder of 2016, but we are still at the right end of the table and we still have so much to look forward to (fingers crossed icon_smile.gif ).

RankPostsTeam
International Star1173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "Fonua was poor, he is a rock and diamonds player, but for me he has to many errors on him to play centre. I also yet to be convinced by Manu, thought he started the season well, but for me has disappointed since, I actually prefer Hadley as he offers more.

All the rest has been said, we need to win on Thursday as our season is in slight danger of slipping away.

I though Leeds were excellent and will win the 8's without breaking sweat.'"

Interesting were the comments post match by Ryan Hall at the Touch Screen interview. Said Leeds had targeted Fonua from videos as a defensive weakness and tries came for them as a result of exploiting this.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3872
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11887_1335108466.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11887.png

The worrying thing, is that our attack in the last few games
are showing signs of returning to pre-2016..

Maybe, the changing of the pivots mid-season hasn't helped, (ie Tuimavave for Pryce.)

I'd like to see our best defensive centre (Yeaman), play at right centre
with Michaels, and Fonua & Talanoa on the left side..

Wont happen though...

Our pack can hold its own ,against any pack in the comp...

but, the only problem looming on the horizon, is IF we can rediscover our attacking
prowess, which was evident before..

RankPostsTeam
International Star867No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Skysports.com wrote: 'There was still time for Murrell to knock over a drop-goal into the sea of delirious red and white behind the posts. The Black and Whites were already heading disconsolately home'.:

Credit where it's due, when you achieved 10 wins on the bounce in a salary capped sport it was very impressive but your style of play is incredibly dull. Is there more than one pass in a play? Sneyd, once again, is a very accurate kicker but if he got injured what the hell would you do?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BP1 "Disappointed to lose, as it always is to lose any game. Thought the game was won and lost during the spell of pressure we exerted mid second half. Failure to convert pressure into points ultimately cost us as Leeds clearly were boosted by keeping us at bay and seemed to grow in strength from that point onwards. A lack of guile and subtlety proving the difference, losing Carlos certainly disrupted us to a significant degree although Syned had probably his best game for us so far.

For the first time in 2016, Leeds looked something like their old selves and were deserving winners on the night. It was noticeable that a number of their big names players (Burrow, Hall, Moon, Watkins) all made decisive contributions to their performance.

For all that i enjoyed the game, if not the actual result. In 2016 we are still well into the credit column, although defeat next Thursday against what is sure to be a fired up rovers side may potentially turn this into a full blown wobble.

Either way, this sure as hell is a damn sight better than scrabbling around in 7th/8th/9th place which is where we have spent the bulk of the last ten years. A defeat is always disappointing no matter what the scenario, but I don't think anyone needs to reach for the cyanide tablets just yet

No mention of the new Leeds no 9 who was the catalyst for most of what the Leeds attack did.Very good signing.
Leeds were much faster,and made easy metres up field whereas we struggled to get out our own half.
Our offload game has disappeared apart from throw the ball anywhere Fonua and until we get back to offloading and backing up runners we will continue to struggle and rely on our forwards to dig us out a result.
When Pritchard is fit he needs to play wide,busting tackles and offloading and not used as another prop down the middle.
We have gone back to clueless again in the opposition 20.
if Sneyd had a decent 6 to play off he would be sensational

RankPostsTeam
International Star2395
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: bonaire "No mention of the new Leeds no 9 who was the catalyst for most of what the Leeds attack did.Very good signing.
Leeds were much faster,and made easy metres up field whereas we struggled to get out our own half.
Our offload game has disappeared apart from throw the ball anywhere Fonua and until we get back to offloading and backing up runners we will continue to struggle and rely on our forwards to dig us out a result.
When Pritchard is fit he needs to play wide,busting tackles and offloading and not used as another prop down the middle.
We have gone back to clueless again in the opposition 20.
if Sneyd had a decent 6 to play off he would be sensational'"

As always your negativitey shines through. You answered a really positive post with nothing. I listened to Blunderside and even they saw the positives. Sneyd was excellent but you can't understand that we lost Tuimavave after 20 mins!!!!!! He made a try out of nothing then missed 60 minutes.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25514No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Abdul MOTM the last two reserve games, surely he should get a chance, as that's the point of the reserves.

Id also swap Micheals and Fonua next week.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:3w2ur1db]Superleague Titles[/b:3w2ur1db] Warrington Wolfs - 0 Wakefield Trinity - 0 Leigh Centurions - 0 [quote="Budgiezilla":3w2ur1db]Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.[/quote:3w2ur1db]:

Quote: Mrs Barista "Good to see you back. 10 weeks is a long long time.

Personally I'm not doom and gloom at all. This squad's already delivered the best run in a decade, sat in 2nd and in the cup SF. Massively surpassed my expectations for the year already.'"

You arent doom and gloom yet you lost to bottom of the league? If some of the great Saints, Wigan, Leeds or Bradford teams of super league had lost to bottom of the league, heads would roll. Just shows how poor the top half of super league is these days

Regards

King james

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Really disappointing performance on many levels. Our lack of energy and aggression was almost masked by how bad leeds are and had we not picked up the injuries we'd probably have won but the fact is that we only managed to score 2 tries against the worst defence in SL and condceded 4 against the worst atatck. We were terrible from minute 1 and were completely out enthused by the bottom team.

Despite all this we still managed to get into a winning position only to throw it away with some terrible individual errors. fonua was completely innefective in attack and like a turnstyle in defence. talanoa was shocking and the forwards totally out muscled. sneyd's kicking game was excellent but he needs to be doing more with ball in hand. Our attack has gone backwards at an alarming rate and the lack of ability to turn field position into points was what lost us the game last night.

162 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
162 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1455078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m