JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just wondering how many people, like myself, have stopped reading and posting on this message board in the past 12 months? (Yes, I get the paradoxical nature of the statement...)
The banal rhetoric and points scoring exercises that appear in every thread have become predictable, cliched and boring as the usual suspects continue to embarrass themselves in true keyboard warrior style.
My advice to those responsible...
Buy a dog, read a book, check out some internet "sites", go for a walk or maybe consider taking your partner away for a dirty weekend.
You never know, it may just take you away from your keyboard, relieve you from your pent up frustration and remove your need to "post for effect" to gain the attention you so desparately crave.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8413
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I was going to post something similar this week. It just becomes tiresome trying to find valid points amongst the bickering. Many users have left the forum which is a shame. I can predict tonight that Mrs B will say something pessimistic (to get a bite), Knockers Bump will react to it, Jake and Dave K will then react to Knockers Bump (I actually like Dave K's and Jake's input on here apart from when they are chewing the fat with Knockers Bump)

RankPostsTeam
International Star1362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66735_1606413614.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66735.jpg

I agree with all of the above.
I very rarely post now, it's such a closed shop on here between the usual suspects feeding off each others egos or usually arguing with Bumpy.
The site has become predictable and boring and so many of the regular posters have since disappeared.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29511
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Yeah I agree. They're a bunch of to$$ers

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3460No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44.jpg
:44.jpg

You can block posters you don't like but unfortunately you can't block the responses to those people.

Tiresome.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3738_1390436317.gif
The referee's indecision is final:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3738.gif

its the same right across rlfans i'm afraid. other more prominent forms of social media have much weakened what used to be a brilliant platform for discussion.

and by the way the trolls and warriors have always been there but in the past they were more entertaining

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12578
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: spegs "Just wondering how many people, like myself, have stopped reading and posting on this message board in the past 12 months? (Yes, I get the paradoxical nature of the statement...)
The banal rhetoric and points scoring exercises that appear in every thread have become predictable, cliched and boring as the usual suspects continue to embarrass themselves in true keyboard warrior style.
My advice to those responsible...
Buy a dog, read a book, check out some internet "sites", go for a walk or maybe consider taking your partner away for a dirty weekend.
You never know, it may just take you away from your keyboard, relieve you from your pent up frustration and remove your need to "post for effect" to gain the attention you so desparately crave.'"

Yep, your right, let's just give a free ride, to one poster primarily, who is micro-critical of the majority of everything the club does and only wants to spread constant negativity.
If you want him to go unchallenged, that's your prerogative.
Others may see it differently to you.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WIZEB "Yep, your right, let's just give a free ride, to one poster primarily, who is micro-critical of the majority of everything the club does and only wants to spread constant negativity.
If you want him to go unchallenged, that's your prerogative.
Others may see it differently to you.'"

I think the irony of posting a thread about not reading threads tells us all we need to know, bumpy should have been banned a long time ago, along with seb. But it's what a discussion forum is all about.

I don't like the adverts, or RLNewsHound, or CTSports comments, but it's what RLFans does. Last time I checked nobody forced anybody to come on the site.

It's simple, if you don't want to read what people think, don't log on.

You keep bumpy in check mate, along with Jake's help, this all runs along pretty well.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: PCollinson1990 "I think the irony of posting a thread about not reading threads tells us all we need to know, bumpy should have been banned a long time ago, along with seb. But it's what a discussion forum is all about.

I don't like the adverts, or RLNewsHound, or CTSports comments, but it's what RLFans does. Last time I checked nobody forced anybody to come on the site.

It's simple, if you don't want to read what people think, don't log on.

You keep bumpy in check mate, along with Jake's help, this all runs along pretty well.'"

That's a poor attitude to the issue IMO.

One poster has made a valid point to start the thread. Others have immediately followed up to say they feel the same. I used to post more regularly but don't see the point now as it usually gets lost in the shuffle of the same old rhetoric nonsense between the same few posters.

If you adopt the attitude "if you don't like it, don't bother," then people won't bother. It's a lazy kop out. The idea of a forum is to discuss a range of views and at the moment people aren't feeling that is happening.

When people say they don't like it, the right attitude would be for those in charge to try and do something about it, not tell people to effectively not bother.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24955No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As Iv'e been named on here, ill defend myself, I maybe shouldn't react as much as I do, but I feel that I have to to defend the club and Radford, I don't mind balance but he offers very little. When I respond I don't insult him, I answer his points in in a respectful as possible manner, most of the time once he has no answer he doesn't respond and then repost the points a few weeks later.

Still a few of us on here that want to talk about rugby, hopefully that will continue, plenty of other platforms to discuss Hull if you don't like it, the Facebook group is certainly a place I stay well clear of, as it's awful, some real clueless people asking the same questions each week

RankPostsTeam
International Star2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "As Iv'e been named on here, ill defend myself, I maybe shouldn't react as much as I do, but I feel that I have to to defend the club and Radford, I don't mind balance but he offers very little. When I respond I don't insult him, I answer his points in in a respectful as possible manner, most of the time once he has no answer he doesn't respond and then repost the points a few weeks later.

Still a few of us on here that want to talk about rugby, hopefully that will continue, plenty of other platforms to discuss Hull if you don't like it, the Facebook group is certainly a place I stay well clear of, as it's awful, some real clueless people asking the same questions each week'"

I'm sure the club will survive without you defending it, have hull fc personally asked you to defend any form of criticism. The problem in my opinion is the likes of you , who thinks your own opinion is actually fact and if anyone doesn't agree or as a negative view, then that opinion is completely invalid. You and a few others try making your opinions more valid by pretending your "in the know" it's laughable and that's why I'll personally continue to read , because it's quite funny at times

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24955No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tinkerman23 "I'm sure the club will survive without you defending it, have hull fc personally asked you to defend any form of criticism. The problem in my opinion is the likes of you , who thinks your own opinion is actually fact and if anyone doesn't agree or as a negative view, then that opinion is completely invalid. You and a few others try making your opinions more valid by pretending your "in the know" it's laughable and that's why I'll personally continue to read , because it's quite funny at times'"

Yes, Pearson contacted me personally and asked me to defend the club.

I've never claimed to be in the know bad have never claimed to know all the facts, just my opinion like yours, Jake and others.

Like you sometimes I'm right (Houghton and Jordan Thompson) sometimes I'm wrong (Radford), but am willing to admit unlike some on here.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "As Iv'e been named on here, ill defend myself, I maybe shouldn't react as much as I do, but I feel that I have to to defend the club and Radford, I don't mind balance but he offers very little. When I respond I don't insult him, I answer his points in in a respectful as possible manner, most of the time once he has no answer he doesn't respond and then repost the points a few weeks later.
'"

Which tells you all you need to know.
There's no point in responding, and the problem is too many people (the same people) do. It's like an addiction. Why respond when he'll not pay any attention and eventually just do the same again? All it does is flood the board, which is what he wants.

If the usual suspects just didn't bite, he'd stop bothering.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: the artist "its the same right across rlfans i'm afraid. other more prominent forms of social media have much weakened what used to be a brilliant platform for discussion.

and by the way the trolls and warriors have always been there but in the past they were more entertaining'"

This.

Social media has reduced the amount of posters and its become dull. I dont think the site is very user friendly though it is slow and hard to use on both my android phone and apple Ipad which id imagine is the main way people access the site these days.

As for the posters themselves its long been a cuddle crew on here. They wouldent have a bad word said about the Hetheringtons, Agar, Gentle...the club was blindly backed whatever it did. The only thing the cuddle crew got right was backing Radford, about 1 sucess in 15 years.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7277
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

so trying to support your club through thick and thin makes you part of the cuddle crew as you call them,

48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.103515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leeds
Benny Profan
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m