Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So...

If rumours are true, Radford will become the new head coach, supported by Lasty as assistant and Cooke in some capacity. We've signed Paea, Feka and Thompson and upgraded several young players' contracts, but lost size, experience and quality in outgoing players. There could be some disruption in the camp with Miller, DJ and McDonnell in particular having been close to Gentle. Fans understandably feel that this is the latest in many seasons ending in disappointment and bracing themselves for the onslaught of manic season pass PR.

I think we need some honest communications from AP about rationale for recruitment of both new coach and players, realistic targets for 2014, how near the cap we'll be, and to share more information about the academy - apparently more are going full time, how we're already seeing the benefits. I don't really mean a website article either, either a fans forum or full on interview.

It's in all our interests to see FC progress. But AP has to take us with him, or the chances of this happening are diminished. Leadership isn't all about fancy talk and ambition, it's about robust communication and humility where relevant. Hope we get some meaningful insight from him in the coming days.

RankPostsTeam
International Star265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68465_1365654373.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68465.gif

Quote: Mrs Barista "So...

If rumours are true, Radford will become the new head coach, supported by Lasty as assistant and Cooke in some capacity. We've signed Paea, Feka and Thompson and upgraded several young players' contracts, but lost size, experience and quality in outgoing players. There could be some disruption in the camp with Miller, DJ and McDonnell in particular having been close to Gentle. Fans understandably feel that this is the latest in many seasons ending in disappointment and bracing themselves for the onslaught of manic season pass PR.

I think we need some honest communications from AP about rationale for recruitment of both new coach and players, realistic targets for 2014, how near the cap we'll be, and to share more information about the academy - apparently more are going full time, how we're already seeing the benefits. I don't really mean a website article either, either a fans forum or full on interview.

It's in all our interests to see FC progress. But AP has to take us with him, or the chances of this happening are diminished. Leadership isn't all about fancy talk and ambition, it's about robust communication and humility where relevant. Hope we get some meaningful insight from him in the coming days.'"

Excellent post.

Fully agree that AP now needs to give out tangible real communication and not just throw out transitory sound bites.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

AP's hands are tied when it comes to discussing first team matters in public . Players contracts have seen to that.

What he probably wants to do is say "Anyone who wants to leave (barring obvious exceptions) can find another club", but there two obvious flaws - few will find another club and there isn't a queue of quality signings waiting in the wings.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8127No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There are few quality players hanging around waiting to be signed up but plenty clubs that are broke or near as who may look kindly on a transfer fee.
There are quite a few clubs that could well be tempted by a fee for a good player as that means a fee coming in and a substantial wage off the payroll.
Radford should already be advising Pearson on recruitment.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ccs "AP's hands are tied when it comes to discussing first team matters in public . Players contracts have seen to that.

What he probably wants to do is say "Anyone who wants to leave (barring obvious exceptions) can find another club", but there two obvious flaws - few will find another club and there isn't a queue of quality signings waiting in the wings.'"

But he can still be clear about:
Reasons for changing coach and what Radders, Cooke and Last will bring to the party.
Where he felt Gentle was under-delivering and how he is confident that this will be addressed
How we've made tangible steps forward in the academy, and ultimately how this is how the club will live or dieb wb
How near we will operate to the cap
What new signings will bring us

On the back of a shellacking and coach-sacking, a statement that the club will review all first team matters, when this was done 2 years ago, won't be enough to convince waverers, but some direct communication from AP is more likely to, IMO.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12339
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

I don't believe Radford will become coach nor should Last be moved from doing a good job with the kids ,And bringing Cooke in will cause more harm than good imo . I hope Pearson pushes the boat out regarding a new coach and keep Radders as assistant again .
Like it's been said above , Contracts have been signed so we don't have a lot of room for movement regarding new players .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Agree with much of what you've said, can't agree we have lost size though.

This doesn't need to be the frustrating transitional period that people think. We still have a very capable squad and sometimes it just takes a fresh outlook to bring out their best. Personally I wouldn't mind a Radford and Cooke combo, two guys who won't take any 5h1t. Plenty of experience in the game and two very different areas of expertise.

Tbh I can live with another 6th place finish next year if we continue to see evidence that our long term goals will be reached. I just want a bit of honesty. Talk of being a top 2 side within two years etc. just builds everyone up to knock them down. Our fans will still stick by the club if we don't win trophies. Christ we're used to it by now. All we want is to see that we are trying to do what's right. Ultimately this will bring success.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "But he can still be clear about:
Reasons for changing coach and what Radders, Cooke and Last will bring to the party.
Where he felt Gentle was under-delivering and how he is confident that this will be addressed
How we've made tangible steps forward in the academy, and ultimately how this is how the club will live or dieb wb
How near we will operate to the cap
What new signings will bring us

On the back of a shellacking and coach-sacking, a statement that the club will review all first team matters, when this was done 2 years ago, won't be enough to convince waverers, but some direct communication from AP is more likely to, IMO.'"

He could come round my house with a crate of beer to discuss it with me personally, but he won't convince me that appointing Radford/Last/Cooke is anything other than a terrible idea.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3873
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11887_1335108466.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11887.png

What needs to happen next?

My opinion is that Adam Pearson, should go and spend big, on a proven Head Coach.

Leeds headhunted Tony Smith,Wire did the same. Saints did same to Brown - Why dont we????

I dont buy into the logic of having an local unproven coach to instill pride & passion into the shirt, I personally dont care, where the coach was born or where he resides

Pride & Passion alone,wont win games of RL.

Apart from the debacle against Huddersfield, I feel the effort has been there, but has often, been channelled in the wrong direction.

I would personally break the bank for the right man, then appoint a young coach for a continuation.similar to Wigan/Huddersfield and Leeds.

IF he got a BIG name, it would galvanize,the club,and more importantly - the fans.

IF we go for Radford, a massive massive gamble, in the initial relegation season.

IMO, Appoint another unproven Head Coach, another train wreck.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12339
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

I would like McDonnell to stay with Shaul taking Briscoes place on the wing . Miller is going to be the difficult one to call with Holdsworth not hitting any consistent form since day one . We could be back to square one regarding H/B options again.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: ccs "AP's hands are tied when it comes to discussing first team matters in public . Players contracts have seen to that.

What he probably wants to do is say "Anyone who wants to leave (barring obvious exceptions) can find another club", but there two obvious flaws - few will find another club and there isn't a queue of quality signings waiting in the wings.'"

Koukash has no issues binning off players and publicly shouting who he wants.

RankPostsTeam
International Star458No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's in all our interests to see FC progress. But AP has to take us with him, or the chances of this happening are diminished. Leadership isn't all about fancy talk and ambition, it's about robust communication and humility where relevant. Hope we get some meaningful insight from him in the coming days.'"
Great post Mrs- I for one will not go with the Radford as Head Coach with his East Hull pals as his assistants.its a joke that someone is playing on us. I thought Adam Pearson was a shrewd operator and until he confirms this I will keep hoping for a better outcome. Peter Gentle does not deserve to be treat like this and until Pearson rears his head and puts us in the picture I for one will not respect him even if 'he saved us'( Not my words).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

Quote: B0NES "I would like McDonnell to stay with Shaul taking Briscoes place on the wing . Miller is going to be the difficult one to call with Holdsworth not hitting any consistent form since day one . We could be back to square one regarding H/B options again.'"

I don't mind anyone staying, I think our squad has good balance and all can perform. We are just desperate for consistency.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9342
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Totally agree with you Weaver. Local coach to instill pride and passion isn't what we need and again I'm not bothered where there from. Personally I wouldn't have got rid of Gentle just yet, the attack is the main concern and it hasn't improved for numerous years. You could say they are following the pattern of play given to them by Gentle. But it was just as bad under Agar, down to the players and not having enough gifted players?
I can't see Gentle who came from West Tigers who were arguably the most exciting team to watch a couple of years ago would coach Hull to play one man rugby, who struggle to spread the ball with any pace.

Hopefully Tony Smith wants another challenge, and will come to Hull. Although I won't hold my breath.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach232No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47908_1339961583.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47908.jpg

I agree with what you have said. Should Peter Gentle leave the club I would not be excited if Lee Radford & Paul Cook were his replacements.

159 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
159 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02685546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
2m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
4m