JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Some fans have rightly criticised the half backs, but others then amazingly say this is a knee-jerk reaction.
We have been clueless in attack THROUGHOUT the year. We have had one of the worst try scoring records
THROUGHOUT the year. Whose responsibility is it to create tries if not the half-backs?
Holdsworth is a good defender and kicker of the ball, he takes us around the park, but it is when we are
in a position to attack that he is lost [ unless he kicks!!]. He is not a natural runner and instinctive passer
of the ball with flair. He never attacks the line, dummies, side-steps, holds the ball putting players through
the gap. He does not make breaks or support breaks. At Salford he kicked them into position but then Smith
and Patton dictated the play! At the play the ball he often stands so far back it is easy for the defence to see
what we are doing, presumably this is why we are the only team in the league not to bother with dummy
runners- there is no point!!
Miller has pace and at times attacks the line, but he lacks skill and vision, and often runs around like a headless chicken. Horne has always been class, AND MUST COME IN.
Finally, will people stop regarding Whiting as a super-sub, who appears when someone is tired or injured. He
has the strength of a forward, the skill of a half-back, and has better awareness than anyone else in the side.
He must start at LOOSE FORWARD, WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYING FOR YEARS!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: tonyanl "Some fans have rightly criticised the half backs, but others then amazingly say this is a knee-jerk reaction.
We have been clueless in attack THROUGHOUT the year. We have had one of the worst try scoring records
THROUGHOUT the year. Whose responsibility is it to create tries if not the half-backs?
Holdsworth is a good defender and kicker of the ball, he takes us around the park, but it is when we are
in a position to attack that he is lost [ unless he kicks!!]. He is not a natural runner and instinctive passer
of the ball with flair. He never attacks the line, dummies, side-steps, holds the ball putting players through
the gap. He does not make breaks or support breaks. At Salford he kicked them into position but then Smith
and Patton dictated the play! At the play the ball he often stands so far back it is easy for the defence to see
what we are doing, presumably this is why we are the only team in the league not to bother with dummy
Miller has pace and at times attacks the line, but he lacks skill and vision, and often runs around like a headless chicken. Horne has always been class, AND MUST COME IN.
Finally, will people stop regarding Whiting as a super-sub, who appears when someone is tired or injured. He
has the strength of a forward, the skill of a half-back, and has better awareness than anyone else in the side.
He must start at LOOSE FORWARD, WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYING FOR YEARS!'"

Good assessment.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

FFS another knee jerker

Horne has not always been class, hence our lack of creativity for years since Cooke left.

There didn't appear appear to be much f a problem when we won 9 from 10 in April and may. Or at the times we put 52 and 72 on teams this season. So there hasn't been a problem thought the season. It's your knee jerking which is the problem

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "FFS another knee jerker

Horne has not always been class, hence our lack of creativity for years since Cooke left.

There didn't appear appear to be much f a problem when we won 9 from 10 in April and may. Or at the times we put 52 and 72 on teams this season. So there hasn't been a problem thought the season. It's your knee jerking which is the problem'"

The 52 and 72 were an exception to the rule in fairness. It's not knee jerk to suggest that we've defended well and stuttered in attack overall. We'll improve for sure. In relation to Horne I wouldn't be surprised if he still wins POTY even being out so long. That's a measure of how well he was playing before injury. The comments re Holdsworth have some merit particularly his lack of invention with ball in hand.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

a drop off ball inside and a kick to the fullback on a platter?

yup, Horne would have won us the game yesterday

we lost because we didn't have a clue, wasn't any single players fault.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png

Quote: Standee "a drop off ball inside and a kick to the fullback on a platter?

yup, Horne would have won us the game yesterday'"

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: tonyanl "Some fans have rightly criticised the half backs, but others then amazingly say this is a knee-jerk reaction.
He must start at LOOSE FORWARD, WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYING FOR YEARS!'"

One question: where did you cut and paste that from? I don't know of any system that would format text in the above manner.

Only other thing I have to say is you are wrong on so many levels

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png

Quote: cod'ead "One question

Which ones would you say ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8079.jpg
:8079.jpg

The glaringly obvious fact that you DO miss out is that our forwards were second best to Wigan in every way. No halfbacks can play behind such a beaten pack.

That is the more serious worry for me, and has been a feature of every embarrassing defeat this year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8514
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Holdsworth is predictable because he never runs the ball! At least Miller takes the line on with pace and a good step

RankPostsTeam
International Star17No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Be precise. Where exactly am I wrong? About Whiting,
Horne is not better than Miller, Holdsworth is not an
instinctive runner and passer of the ball, or that we have
lacked creativity and been amongst the lowest try
scorers throughout the year?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "Which ones would you say ?'"

Well where do we start?

As TrevLovesJanice has said, no halfbacks can perform well behind a pack that allows itself to be dominated in the ruck.

Miller running around like a headless chicken? Really?

Horne may have been good for us in some matches this year until his injury. Thankfully he wasn't selected yesterday becvause he wouldn't have changed much if anything about how we played.

Whiting should not be our loose man, he is far more effective as a sub. It's a 17 man game and should be seen as such.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png

Quote: cod'ead "Well where do we start?

As TrevLovesJanice has said, no halfbacks can perform well behind a pack that allows itself to be dominated in the ruck.

Miller running around like a headless chicken? Really?

Horne may have been good for us in some matches this year until his injury. Thankfully he wasn't selected yesterday becvause he wouldn't have changed much if anything about how we played.

Whiting should not be our loose man, he is far more effective as a sub. It's a 17 man game and should be seen as such.'"

I don't think we were dominated in the ruck we just lost the ball too much. Miller had a poor game although it wasn't for the want of trying. Horne was continuously our biggest attacking threat until he got injured although I have no problem with his non-selection due to lack of fitness. That said before the game many on here were happy to see Crooks selected but not Horne on the basis of his fitness which seemed a bit odd. Whether he would have changed anything had he played is pure conjecture - I tend to think that he would have offered a more direct running threat. Whilst I'm a fan of Whiting as a sub he continues to be our most (only) creative forward and proved again yesterday that he can win attacking collisions and offload to supporting players. I'm not sure he can do the minutes Westerman does so maybe bench is the only option however he causes defences problems and maybe we need a bit less graft and a bit more craft.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

There's no creativity because our halves are playing behind a beaten pack most weeks, and any team that is aggressive in defence can smother us.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg

Quote: Staffs FC "I don't think we were dominated in the ruck we just lost the ball too much. Miller had a poor game although it wasn't for the want of trying. Horne was continuously our biggest attacking threat until he got injured although I have no problem with his non-selection due to lack of fitness. That said before the game many on here were happy to see Crooks selected but not Horne on the basis of his fitness which seemed a bit odd. Whether he would have changed anything had he played is pure conjecture - I tend to think that he would have offered a more direct running threat. Whilst I'm a fan of Whiting as a sub he continues to be our most (only) creative forward and proved again yesterday that he can win attacking collisions and offload to supporting players. I'm not sure he can do the minutes Westerman does so maybe bench is the only option however he causes defences problems and maybe we need a bit less graft and a bit more craft.'"

I think Westerman could cause problems to defences, unfortunately we appear to have coached his ballhandling skills out of him and prefer him to act as a 3rd prop. I'm sick of seeing players like Westy and Ellis just donkeying the ball up, it's a waste

74 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
74 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.15576171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC