JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Have Yeaman and Paleaaesina signed new deals? There was speculation in the press a few weeks ago but I can't remember if it was confirmed.

The general consensus on this forum is that Yeaman shouldn't be given one but what are peoples thoughts on Feka?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25582No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I keep Feka providing its the right deal for the club and only one year, great on and off the pitch, he is under used on the pitch IMO.

Yeaman I would release, but think he will get a new deal, can cope with this as long as he is used as a backup.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Feka has one. Not been announced yet.

RankPostsTeam
International Star252
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jun 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm pretty sure Feka would stay with the club even if he wasn't offered another playing contract, made a home for himself with all the community work which he clearly loves doing.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If Yeaman gets another contract extension it's a disgrace. Frankly given the relationship between the coach and the player IF any contract is forthcoming it needs to be scrutinised to the nth degree. I wouldn't want him even on reduced terms, he simply doesn't bring anything to the table over what we have in spades and clearly as shown in the younger players too.
he is completely redundant and if we want to improve we need to be letting him go and definitely not gifting him any place in the coaching set up

RankPostsTeam
International Star5202
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67329_1392756525.jpg
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand Workin' in the dark against your fellow man But as sure as God made black and white What's down in the dark will be brought to the light:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67329.jpg

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "If Yeaman gets another contract extension it's a disgrace. Frankly given the relationship between the coach and the player IF any contract is forthcoming it needs to be scrutinised to the nth degree. I wouldn't want him even on reduced terms, he simply doesn't bring anything to the table over what we have in spades and clearly as shown in the younger players too.
he is redundant'"

What relationship ?

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Legends and Icons "What relationship ?'"

You don't know about their long standing close friendship?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain95No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "You don't know about their long standing close friendship?'"

Are you suggesting Adam Pearson would let Radford keep his mates at the club without a good reason?

Yeaman has been a great servant and whilst he is unlikely to ever hit the type of form he did in his younger years his experience and ability to fill in when required would make him a good squad player on the right money.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Monkey Lover "Are you suggesting Adam Pearson would let Radford keep his mates at the club without a good reason?

Yeaman has been a great servant and whilst he is unlikely to ever hit the type of form he did in his younger years his experience and ability to fill in when required would make him a good squad player on the right money.'"

To a degree that's already happened this year has it not?
yet another contract handed out to an underperforming bit player that has a strong relationship with the coach should be heavily scrutinised, it smacks of doing a mate a favour. After all it was with Gentle and Mcrea that were accused on here at least of having handed out overly expensive deals to players with close ties to them (on the back of zero evidence mind) despite the micro managing of the owner.
Given the current climate of scraping to save money and the underperformance of Yeaman over the last 2 seasons a contract given to a player whose position we have ample (And better) cover for whom is close friends with the coach should be looked at in detail do you not agree?

DGM
RankPostsTeam
International Star2490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73680_1515668157.jpg
[size=85:3idnpzvq]Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017. Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013. League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983. League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.[/size:3idnpzvq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73680.jpg

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "To a degree that's already happened this year has it not?
yet another contract handed out to an underperforming bit player that has a strong relationship with the coach should be heavily scrutinised, it smacks of doing a mate a favour. After all it was with Gentle and Mcrea that were accused on here at least of having handed out overly expensive deals to players with close ties to them (on the back of zero evidence mind) despite the micro managing of the owner.
Given the current climate of scraping to save money and the underperformance of Yeaman over the last 2 seasons a contract given to a player whose position we have ample (And better) cover for whom is close friends with the coach should be looked at in detail do you not agree?'"

The first thing to say is, what close relationship? What have you seen to suggest this, or are you basing it on both players having been at Hull for a while? I've played rugby with some lads for years and we aren't close mates.

You're saying nothing new once again, we know you don't like him, and I imagine most fans (including me) agree with you that he has underperformed and isn't a starting centre anymore. Radford & Motu have realised this also, they've signed two backs, & it's been hinted that Yeaman could be a back row option. That's for me is enough to go on to suggest they don't see him at starting left centre in 2016.

Also, he hasn't been given an extension yet. It's getting pretty late in the day, most clubs have their squads almost complete. If he was a priority, he'd have been given a deal months ago. That tells me that the club are looking at other options to use the cap space that would give him a new offer.

Should the club not find a use for this cap space, if they've explored other possibilities, but nothing better is currently available, I'd have no problem with Yeaman being retained as a squad player. Due to the factors I've stated above, he blatantly isn't being thought about as a starter anymore and it'll certainly be a reduced deal.

Also, for all you or I know, he's a good influence around the club too. Looking at next years squad, we have a very young set of backs, maybe having that older head around (who's been a model professional for 15 years) would be beneficial? I'm not suggesting he'd be taking Logan to one side and teaching him how to put his winger away, but rather relaying his experience (in finals, playing for GB etc) and being that role model for the younger lads on how to be professional.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain95No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "To a degree that's already happened this year has it not?
Given the current climate of scraping to save money and the underperformance of Yeaman over the last 2 seasons a contract given to a player whose position we have ample (And better) cover for whom is close friends with the coach should be looked at in detail do you not agree?'"

Kirk is an outstanding role model who to my knowledge has never been seen out drinking to excess and clearly looks after himself well, has served the club for many years having come through the youth system and is still capable of playing at Super League level as a back up player at the very least.

To my knowledge (I know both very well) Radders and Kirk are very rarely together outside of training and are not the best friends you seem to be implying.

If the money is right he will be a great bloke to have around as back up and for the young players to gain experience from.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner9673
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8087_1342892330.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8087.gif

Quote: Monkey Lover "Kirk is an outstanding role model who to my knowledge has never been seen out drinking to excess and clearly looks after himself well, has served the club for many years having come through the youth system and is still capable of playing at Super League level as a back up player at the very least.

To my knowledge (I know both very well) Radders and Kirk are very rarely together outside of training and are not the best friends you seem to be implying.

If the money is right he will be a great bloke to have around as back up and for the young players to gain experience from.'"

Spot on about Kirk, he's a family man who keeps himself to himself. It's a complete myth that he and Radford are bosom buddies, anyone peddling it is talking out of their backside.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

He'll be around next year

RankPostsTeam
International Star2015
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
Hull kingston rovers.:Others/a27.gif

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "He'll be around next year'"

I think thats what it is a 1yr deal.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain165No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Monkey Lover "Kirk is an outstanding role model who to my knowledge has never been seen out drinking to excess and clearly looks after himself well, has served the club for many years having come through the youth system and is still capable of playing at Super League level as a back up player at the very least.

If the money is right he will be a great bloke to have around as back up and for the young players to gain experience from.'"

Gain Exerience?
he's been garbage for two seasons

50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.92041015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent