Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club. Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you. "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005:

Shaun McRae........had arguably the best squad we have had in SL but couldn't deliver the silverwear the squad merited and took the team as far as he could.Played some very good rugby but couldn't cure the "cancer" in the squad.

John Kear........took over a youthful team with experience and deliverd us the cup but results and performances was somewhat inconsistent,didn't stand upto the board and lost the dressing room and paid the price for a horrid start to 2006.did he address the "cancer" in the club.

Richard Agar.......stepped up for 4 matches as caretaker and did ok steadying the ship.

Peter Sharp......came in,altered our attack and defence...took us on a big winning run,battered Wigan and Leeds along way...took us to OT in his 1st yr.....brought through some youngsters,instilled discipline off the pitch but was over ruled by the board.Had to contend with a horrendous injury crisis and the Cooke affair and ultimately cost him his job.

Richard Agar......what can be said but put us back years.Ruined the youth set up completely.

Peter Gentle.........made some funny 1st signings but the proved to be bang on....in his 1st season we played some good stuff and things looked roses then lost the plot in 2nd year with a light pack that got bullied.......took captaincy off Lynch and gave to Ellis which was big mistake... gave youth a chance and unearthed some gems.

Out of them all....Sharp was the biggest mistake we made by sacking him and I'd love to still have him here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

Quote: fc baldy "Shaun McRae........had arguably the best squad we have had in SL but couldn't deliver the silverwear the squad merited and took the team as far as he could.Played some very good rugby but couldn't cure the "cancer" in the squad.

John Kear........took over a youthful team with experience and deliverd us the cup but results and performances was somewhat inconsistent,didn't stand upto the board and lost the dressing room and paid the price for a horrid start to 2006.did he address the "cancer" in the club.

Richard Agar.......stepped up for 4 matches as caretaker and did ok steadying the ship.

Peter Sharp......came in,altered our attack and defence...took us on a big winning run,battered Wigan and Leeds along way...took us to OT in his 1st yr.....brought through some youngsters,instilled discipline off the pitch but was over ruled by the board.Had to contend with a horrendous injury crisis and the Cooke affair and ultimately cost him his job.

Richard Agar......what can be said but put us back years.Ruined the youth set up completely.

Peter Gentle.........made some funny 1st signings but the proved to be bang on....in his 1st season we played some good stuff and things looked roses then lost the plot in 2nd year with a light pack that got bullied.......took captaincy off Lynch and gave to Ellis which was big mistake... gave youth a chance and unearthed some gems.

Out of them all....Sharp was the biggest mistake we made by sacking him and I'd love to still have him here.'"

Is the Cancer in the club just becoming an excuse? It's been mentioned for years, the board have gone, chief exec has gone, numerous coaches have gone yet it's still being brought up.

Sharpe lost his job because of not taking the derby seriously enough, had KR not been in SL he wouldn't have gone, sacking Gentle was a ludicrous decision unless a better option was available. The single biggest mistake was ever reemploying McCrae, he'd been useless for years before you got him back.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5166No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35457_1309776065.png
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35457.png

Pity Sharpes not here now then. Hell even im not bothered about the derby nowadays, would lose both (or 3,4?) happily to win something.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club. Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you. "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005:

Quote: barham red "Is the Cancer in the club just becoming an excuse? It's been mentioned for years, the board have gone, chief exec has gone, numerous coaches have gone yet it's still being brought up.

Sharpe lost his job because of not taking the derby seriously enough, had KR not been in SL he wouldn't have gone, sacking Gentle was a ludicrous decision unless a better option was available. The single biggest mistake was ever reemploying McCrae, he'd been useless for years before you got him back.'"

Not sure about cancer but it was always mentioned by previous coaches......as for Sharp...It didn't bother me that he didn't take Derbyshire seriously as that what the level of our old board.....we used to beat Leeds and Sts for fun under sharp and they gave greater pleasure than bragging rights.Ive never really been a hell bent on beating rovers every season....you could beat us 3 times if it meant us winning something.The sacking of Gentle wasn't really ludicrous....he had lost the plot with the pack big style and some of his signings was very suspect at the end and he still didn't solve the half back problem....Holdsworth and Miller simply not good enough.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: blakeysrobin "Pity Sharpes not here now then. Hell even im not bothered about the derby nowadays, would lose both (or 3,4?) happily to win something.'"

That's how I see it....Morgan had a great record and sharp and Agar didn't......Sandercock had a woeful record as we'll but Gentle had a great record,The thing is...some fans are just happy if we beat each other.

RankPostsTeam
International Star65No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'd say Kear was very harshly sacked. Took the McRae side which was easy on the eye but made it more functional. Made excellent signings in an unknown part timer in Brough, and Thackray who at the time was an injury probe back rower and made him into one of the leagues best front rowers. He won the cup with a very hard run. Inconsistency cost him his job but you'd still have fancied us in the big games.

Sharp had us playing well, and was unlucky, lost our best player by a country mile and his Manly beach comments were taken completely out of context by the stupid people in our support. Went a bit pear shaped but with the Cooke thing was always going to happen, deserved a bit of time to turn it around in my opinion, especially when he was replaced by the joke that was Richard Agar.

Gentle did a decent job with what was available, maybe overcomplicated things, tried to drill us like an NRL side, super league is a bit less complex, fastest backs and biggest forwards win games.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
663_1379281559.jpg
[b:1g6itio7][color=#000000:1g6itio7]Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.; [/color:1g6itio7][/b:1g6itio7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_663.jpg

Sacking Kear was when the rot set in and the "cancer" if there is one is that we can not either sign or retain any coach. This is because the team have to a certain extent dictated which coach stays and which goes, Swain had more then a little do with Kear going. Agar used similar tactics with Sharp, along with senior players, Radford certainly undermined Gentle and is very mindful of what happens in the squad now.

Its all more lost time, more lost opportunity and the fans lost to the game forever if something drastic is not done. The problem is the sports problem gates are falling, interest waning and sponsors getting harder to pick up.
Radford will get the sack, no doubts on that its just when now I think AP will keep him see next season pass sales plummet, his attendances dive and team performances get worse then this. At this point he will act and appoint yet another panic appointment

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69715.jpg

Quote: Ian P "Sacking Kear was when the rot set in and the "cancer" if there is one is that we can not either sign or retain any coach. This is because the team have to a certain extent dictated which coach stays and which goes, Swain had more then a little do with Kear going. Agar used similar tactics with Sharp, along with senior players, Radford certainly undermined Gentle and is very mindful of what happens in the squad now.

Its all more lost time, more lost opportunity and the fans lost to the game forever if something drastic is not done. The problem is the sports problem gates are falling, interest waning and sponsors getting harder to pick up.
Radford will get the sack, no doubts on that its just when now I think AP will keep him see next season pass sales plummet, his attendances dive and team performances get worse then this. At this point he will act and appoint yet another panic appointment'"

Although we are getting beat in games this season, & we all like to have a moan as we care about the club ( now & future) how on earth can fans walkaway from supporting them?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1409No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66735_1606413614.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66735.jpg

Quote: easthull fc fan "Although we are getting beat in games this season, & we all like to have a moan as we care about the club ( now & future) how on earth can fans walkaway from supporting them?'"

How about continue to follow but not longer financially support them by attending games if we continue with this dross and coaching appointment which was fanciful at best but ultimately is proving to be a disaster

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
663_1379281559.jpg
[b:1g6itio7][color=#000000:1g6itio7]Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.; [/color:1g6itio7][/b:1g6itio7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_663.jpg

Quote: easthull fc fan "Although we are getting beat in games this season, & we all like to have a moan as we care about the club ( now & future) how on earth can fans walkaway from supporting them?'"

Easy

Most "fans" can and will walk away from any pro sports club if the product on the field is not upto scratch, FC is no exception never has been , never will be.

The Bulls 20 k for a match against Leeds a couple of seasons ago now down to sub 5k, ok I know they have problems but so have we. We have been offered the world in recent years and in fact its got worse year on year and now people are tired of the same old tired rhetoric, the mantra of "faithful" when quota by the club sticks in my throat more then a bit. I have been saying for years that eventually FC will run out of time with its fan base, that time is upon us bad times are on there way and it never had to be like this.

I do not care about having a team full of Hull lads, I want 17 men on the pitch giving 100% its a long long time since we have had that. Bombers team always gave us 100% effort and where entertaining along the way, even the dark days of the Lloyd era the lads tried but now, I am not enjoying watching simple as. Its not the losing I can take that as an FC losing comes as part of the package of supporting a sporting club or should be. Its just boring to watch and quite honestly I see more entertaining RL in the amateur ranks or Cas I have been there a few times this season as I always have. Why can we not have even 10% of the Cas match day experience for instance or even Wakey

Fans will walk away from the club in droves at the end of this season, they are not to blame the club is.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Fans do walk away for supporting teams fact of life if it wasn't the case I wouldn't have been stood with 1500 other fans at craven park not so long ago

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg

Quote: Bombed Out "How about continue to follow but not longer financially support them by attending games if we continue with this dross and coaching appointment which was fanciful at best but ultimately is proving to be a disaster'"

So in other words "glory support" & I am not digging at nobody that comes on here or supports our club, but I for one have supported as much as I can since been 11 years old, so for 26 years I have been going & won't stop because we don't have the rub of the green or the right culture, or coaching staff/players, the only reasons I will stop going is lack of funds, work commitments, family functions or ill health.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: easthull fc fan "So in other words "glory support" & I am not digging at nobody that comes on here or supports our club, but I for one have supported as much as I can since been 11 years old, so for 26 years I have been going & won't stop because we don't have the rub of the green or the right culture, or coaching staff/players, the only reasons I will stop going is lack of funds, work commitments, family functions or ill health.'"

No ones even mentioned that unless we win something, they'll stop going, people just saying they wont pay to go watch the thats been served up at the minute, i;m one of them, its , boring, my £10 a month for premier sports gives me my rugby league fix. No pass for me next season

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg

Quote: Tinkerman23 "No ones even mentioned that unless we win something, they'll stop going, people just saying they wont pay to go watch the poop thats been served up at the minute, i;m one of them, its poop, boring, my £10 a month for premier sports gives me my rugby league fix. No pass for me next season'"

I've got premier sports but still going to KC next season, maybe AP shouldn't be saying we will be back at wembley etc..but he has got aspirations for the club I suppose, it's far from perfect at FC everyone is under pressure, but the production line of youth is up & running & we will be seeing the fruits of it in the next few seasons, for us all this season but I'm keeping glass half full.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: easthull fc fan "I've got premier sports but still going to KC next season, maybe AP shouldn't be saying we will be back at wembley etc..but he has got aspirations for the club I suppose, it's far from perfect at FC everyone is under pressure, but the production line of youth is up & running & we will be seeing the fruits of it in the next few seasons, poop for us all this season but I'm keeping glass half full.'"

Whats the point of having great kids coming through when we have a coach who doesnt have a clue, until we get a qualified 1st team coach, nothing is going to change, i know you "ears" are bff and all that, but even you must be having your doubts! you still think hes the man for the job?

41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.25634765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
9m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
9m