Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26533.jpg
FC TILL I DIE COME ON U HULL:26533.jpg

honestly looking at our injuries and set backs this year i think the club as done really well to be in the play offs with 3 games to go and when you look at the three silly games we chucked away against rovers, wakey and salford away, we could have been 4th or 3rd we still might be yet .i just think we have now got the right coach in, where playing really attractive ruby with the off loading .As a supporter im realistic about our chances in the play offs but im also looking forward to a very bright future and things starting to be on the up at long last out of the 2 coaches both hull and rovers signed start of the year i think its clear we got the quality and they got bargin basement

RankPostsTeam
International Star618
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67796_1715973135.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67796.jpg

we have only dropped 4 points at home, 2 from draws and 2 from Wigan with one left to play

2 wins of kr, a win over Leeds (finally)

playing better rugby and showing more passion

also, the turnaround in the last month or so has been brilliant under such adversity and you have to give props to PG for motivating the players and having good game plans more times than not. in years gone by we wouldn't have seen this happen. the last 3 games are all winnable (although i might allow a loss to Bradford if any, if only so they get in the play offs -6 points over rovers)

the players seem to want to play more and play with pride in the shirt which is what we always want. would love to win a few play off games, should definitely look to win one, especially if its a home tie

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26533.jpg

Quote: Liam666 "we have only dropped 4 points at home, 2 from draws and 2 from Wigan with one left to play

2 wins of kr, a win over Leeds (finally)

playing better rugby and showing more passion

also, the turnaround in the last month or so has been brilliant under such adversity and you have to give props to PG for motivating the players and having good game plans more times than not. in years gone by we wouldn't have seen this happen. the last 3 games are all winnable (although i might allow a loss to Bradford if any, if only so they get in the play offs -6 points over rovers)

the players seem to want to play more and play with pride in the shirt which is what we always want. would love to win a few play off games, should definitely look to win one, especially if its a home tie'"

Agree where a couple of silly results from being in an excellent position with the players out we have done really well very pleased with the result against a very good catlan side we played some great rugby at times and some of our young playes are really looking good for the future Chris green really impressed me,he could be a real blockbuster next year now hes filling out more, im not exspecting too much in the play offs but like you say one win would be nice if not 2 with some more players back

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1624No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons4a4a_files/3930-906crazydonna-msnicons.jpg
:icons4a4a_files/3930-906crazydonna-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Liam666 "we have only dropped 4 points at home, 2 from draws and 2 from Wigan with one left to play

'"

One of the 1st comments by Eddie on the Wire v Wigan Sky game was that they had only lost one game at home all season, we've done the same but never get any recognition. Find it quite remarkable considering some of the makeshift teams we've had to put out that only Wigan have beat us at home in the SL and the Wire / Saints games should both have been wins. So to echo the OP's thread title... a big well done to the lads.

Although we have had some poor games, Gentle has the ability to re-focus, galvanise the team and change the tactics to turn things around. A great coach and I hope he stays on longer than his initial term to see things progress. Last season with the adversity we have had we would have sunk without trace and not made the 8. Wigan & Wire are still lightyears ahead but already feel that we are making ground on Saints / Leeds / Cats / Hudds. If recruitment goes to plan think we can make top 4 in 2013.

RankPostsTeam
International Star18No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
"Worrying is alot like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but gets you no where." - Wayne Bennett:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

Quote: fc-eaststander "Agree where a couple of silly results from being in an excellent position with the players out we have done really well very pleased with the result against a very good catlan side we played some great rugby at times and some of our young playes are really looking good for the future Chris green really impressed me,he could be a real blockbuster next year now hes filling out more, im not exspecting too much in the play offs but like you say one win would be nice if not 2 with some more players back'"

Also the draw against Saints which we should of won IMO. Considering all that's happened this year we're still right up there. Can't wait to see what signing we have made!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

I feel this year has been a big improvement, and while the injuries have been bad, on the bright side it has given opportunities for young players to gain experience. We are now in a position where players like Crooks, Green and Kent could stake a claim for a first-team place next season, which was unthinkable a few months back.

We had our mid-season slump, but the arrivals of Watts and McGoldrick have seemed to re-energise the side.

However we still need to do something in the playoffs (such as win one game) to show we have made real improvement, otherwise the season will just be another 2010, where we did well in the weekly rounds, but didn't turn up when it counted.

RankPostsTeam
International Star18No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
"Worrying is alot like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but gets you no where." - Wayne Bennett:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

Quote: UllFC "I feel this year has been a big improvement, and while the injuries have been bad, on the bright side it has given opportunities for young players to gain experience. We are now in a position where players like Crooks, Green and Kent could stake a claim for a first-team place next season, which was unthinkable a few months back.

We had our mid-season slump, but the arrivals of Watts and McGoldrick have seemed to re-energise the side.

However we still need to do something in the playoffs (such as win one game) to show we have made real improvement, otherwise the season will just be another 2010, where we did well in the weekly rounds, but didn't turn up when it counted.'"

Hopefully we'll do alright in the play offs depending on who we get, PG is a top quality coach who will get them focused and motivated. I agree with the signing of Watts and Mcgoldrick injected some much needed enthusiasm!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15980No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20348.jpg
Cuddle Club Rules 1. You dont talk about Cuddle club 2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CUDDLE CLUB!!!! PS3 tag = Robbo_4444:20348.jpg

Where has this myth come from that we threw the game away in the away game at Salford? It was a close game that could have gone either way. We didn't play well and almost nicked. The rovers and wakey games we threw away I agree. Those 4 points would have us clear in 3rd with 3 very winnable games to go which would have been an amazing achievement considering the season we've had. As it stands top 6 is the required minimum standard and we've probably achieved that despite the problems whereas in the last few years it would have been an excuse for us finishing 11th etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2059No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26533.jpg

Quote: Robbo4 "Where has this myth come from that we threw the game away in the away game at Salford? It was a close game that could have gone either way. We didn't play well and almost nicked. The rovers and wakey games we threw away I agree. Those 4 points would have us clear in 3rd with 3 very winnable games to go which would have been an amazing achievement considering the season we've had. As it stands top 6 is the required minimum standard and we've probably achieved that despite the problems whereas in the last few years it would have been an excuse for us finishing 11th etc.'"

i sort of thought losing your own scrum with 5 mins to play when 6 points up, then them scoring on the back of it ,then with about 30 seconds on the clock conceding a pen in front of the posts maybe im wrong but at the time i felt we chucked the game away anyway i guess thats the highs and lows of the season overall with the disruption in the team i think we have done really well, got to put that down to the coach , things havnt gone well in the backroom with the physio as well so all credit to the players and coach i feel with some of his own players in next season and a better run with injuries we will be a force ( got to agree about magoldrick been a real asset proved me wrong )

RankPostsTeam
International Star285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I would also like to say a big well done to Adam Pearson. It has been amazing the turnaround in just over a year and just the way he has handled the club and the coaching staff has been magnificent. A big well done to everyone involved. oh and thank you as it makes life so much better.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32093.jpg
:32093.jpg

I think it's also worth mentioning that after the weekend's result we have now taken points from every team bar Wigan. A far cry from our consistent flops against top 6 teams of recent years.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner53839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Twitter - @MaddyHFC:

The points lost were definately against Wakey and Rovers, both games we had complete control of. Also to an extent the Saints game at home when we completely dominated the game but couldn't score points.

I predicted 6th for us so happy with it, also not far away from third shows that with the right recruitment we could challenge for the top 4 next season.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member43413
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3614_1281651917.jpg
[url:2qyny6du]https://twitter.com/Mr_Hutchie[/url:2qyny6du] [b:2qyny6du]@Mr_Hutchie[/b:2qyny6du] [url:2qyny6du]http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hullwykearlfc/[/url:2qyny6du]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3614.jpg

Dont forget the cancelled away game in Catasln when we were in decent shape and they looked shaky start of season.

But i think think this has been our best home campaign at the KC (please correct me if im wrong) and that is something that should have happened years ago.

One target for next year should be 100% home record

RankPostsTeam
International Star277
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60404_1375165563.png
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proudly proclaiming `Wow, what a ride`:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60404.png

What makes it extra special for me is the way that Gentle said he will give the kids a chance and he stuck to his word, albeit more through injuries. The additions made have been, on the whole, very sound and in Seymour we haven`t seen the best of him yet so we need to stick by him and given a decent off half and behind Heremaia and Houghton we will see the fruition next season. We have the makings of a top four side at the moment given the Rhinos aging pack and we wont be far off Wigan and Warrington come the business end of next season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12592
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Judge "What makes it extra special for me is the way that Gentle said he will give the kids a chance and he stuck to his word, albeit more through injuries. The additions made have been, on the whole, very sound and in Seymour we haven`t seen the best of him yet so we need to stick by him and given a decent off half and behind Heremaia and Houghton we will see the fruition next season. We have the makings of a top four side at the moment given the Rhinos aging pack and we wont be far off Wigan and Warrington come the business end of next season.'"

1 Horne

6 Holdsworth
7 Seymour

9 Houghton/Heremaia

I'd be happy.

21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.01171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
RockNRolla
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Giants
satanicmills
Recent