FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > New stadium?? (not really)
18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Armavinit "Throw away, tongue in cheek comment earlier, apologies.
Very impressive presentation. I’d also prefer the North Stand to be closer to the pitch and the corners covered. If it were to happen then the main approach road could lead directly off east bound carriageway of Clive Sullivan Way with a flyover on the railway directly into the car park. Westbound traffic could turn off at Hessle and approach using same access? Obviously egress would enter Clive Sully in and eastbound direction but I’m not sure if there is sufficient land availability to acquire this?'"

No worries at all mate! Its a total fairytale of an idea haha

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player238No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78055_1588880919.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78055.jpg

Quote: Chris71 "Exactly that and the bit in bold is probably how the majority see it.

Unfortunately the SMC should be a totally independent party with its role to provide a top class sports stadium for its two tenants and maximise the potential of the stadium. There would be nothing wrong with having some form of representation by either club as long as they had no decision making power etc.

The problem is with the Allams involved in the SMC they do not have to ability to be totally impartial and fair. The reality as has been proved that they are not adverse of using the stadium as a pawn when it suits.
Until things change and the Allams are no longer involved in the SMC the KCOM will always be a rocky road for Hull FC, fans, people of Hull and the Council as a whole.'"

The damage done by SMC/Allam's is massive, not just to FC as a club and the fans but much beyond that, whilst its not been a complete waste, the local authority washing their hands of their asset was shameful and has cost them and the tax payers significant sums year on year. I see it as a constant and gradual asset strip and deliberately and systematically devalue the asset you wish to acquire.
As of October 2020 financial report SMC has £16.2M debt, managed to create another £2M debt last year though that was actually lower than 2019 financial year!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7351No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: 48756c6c20 524c4643 "It's a bit of fun, there's no way the club could move anywhere.

Personally I'd just like to see the Allam's/management company removed and the council to actually take back what is theirs, develop the stadium and surrounding area into a proper community facility and have elected people from the community and local authority involved with equal say as to what happens so that it benefits the city and surrounding communities as much as it could do.
If we didn't have the ball and chain of the Allam's, staying at West Park would be so much more palatable and we wouldn't be talking about having our own ground at all.
We fantasise about having x player but know full well that they wouldn't ever play for us in their prime, that doesn't stop us talking about it.'"

First of all what a great projection that is and what great home it would make for us. Sadly it will never happen Costello was our best bet, but although a goer at one time, that didn't get that far at all.

As for the bit above in bold that was exactly what happened when the Stadium was first opened I actually attended a lot of meeting with residents and ward councillors from Walton Street Albert Avenue Selby St and St Georges Road as the council gauged what their involvement in the Stadium would be as it was built . They held meetings and social event in the stadium when it opened and there was a certain amount of involvement from the community and I honestly think they appreciated it. They in fact used the sports Hall a lot on a subsidised basis.

There were monthly meetings between the clubs the Council and the community to facilitate the partnership too. Both clubs provided tickets for these groups in the first couple of seasons as well. It was a model community stadium.

The problem was back then that although a lot of the officers and the community wanted the Council to run the venue and manage it there had been a change of political complexion in the City just before the KC was finished and the new Council's policy was that a management Company be put in to run it.

They believed that it was a fine idea in theory as it meant the council could pass on the maintenance of the stadium to the company but that was the sticking point. The Council put it out to tender but in practise there were a lot of new stadiums rock venues and arenas etc coming on stream across the country and none of the major companies felt the KC was a viable proposition to take on. The only solution was for the clubs to run it between them, but Richo didn't want to do it at all it wasn't his thing and so Adam took it on and set up the SMC. The trouble was it wasn't set up as a neutral separate company, economies of scale made it more sensible to set it up as part of Hull City. Back then everything was amiable and everyone got on. We had a 50 year lease (reviewed after 25 years [iand we should worry about that[/i) and so we were happy with the arrangement. At the time Richo and Adam got on really well and everything ran smoothly it was only when the SMC was sold on with City that the trouble started.

The dream of a community stadium was the ideal principle on which to base the facility which was in any case built with the communities money but it was, as an ethos destined to disappear. As has been said had we had a separate SMC everything would have been fine however without it we have had problems ever since Adam sold City, what's more whilst the current owners of Hull City are in place we always will have them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6674
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76734.jpeg

Quote: MediumBloke "Hello!

I've been reading the forum for years but this is my first time posting!
As I can imagine is the case with a lot of us, I've been losing my mind from sheer boredom over lockdown. So as a means to combat the mental slog, I had a go at designing a new stadium! Just a "what if?". I've placed it on the location of the Old Birdseye site on Hessle Road and created a 3D render of Hull around it to give it a bit more perspective. It has a capacity of 17,700 and includes both seating and safe-standing areas.

I'm not sure what the rules are for uploading photos from other sites, but I can't get images to show using the URL codes on here for some reasom. I've put a selection of images in this Google Photos folder if anyone does wanna check it out!

Fabulous stadium, when we starting it, love this thread, can’t we start a fund to get the ball rolling, there must be some benefactors out there who will contribute, Hull College maybe, they’ve shown interest in helping clubs out.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: 48756c6c20 524c4643 "The damage done by SMC/Allam's is massive, not just to FC as a club and the fans but much beyond that, whilst its not been a complete waste, the local authority washing their hands of their asset was shameful and has cost them and the tax payers significant sums year on year. I see it as a constant and gradual asset strip and deliberately and systematically devalue the asset you wish to acquire.
As of October 2020 financial report SMC has £16.2M debt, managed to create another £2M debt last year though that was actually lower than 2019 financial year!'"

Yet they were asking a potential buyer of Hull City 5m for the SMC on top of what the they valued Hull City at

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player238No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78055_1588880919.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78055.jpg

Quote: bonaire "Yet they were asking a potential buyer of Hull City 5m for the SMC on top of what the they valued Hull City at'"

And that £5M includes the debt no doubt, I wonder how much the Allams are taking as salaries from the SMC, either way it's clear from the state of the pitch and the stadium as a whole that they are deliberately and systematically running it down whilst accruing more debt.
The fact the council relinquished all overseeing of the stadium has bitten everyone in the behind, but the insidious and cowardly way the Allams' have acted is beyond reprehension. The KC could have been a proper community asset, something that contributed significantly whilst being at the very least cost neutral.

All of the issues that have cropped up are what makes people feel that we should move away and have our own stadium even if that is impossible. I like the stadium a lot, I think it is near perfect as a rugby stadium aside from maybe having some standing facility in the cop ends, the views are excellent for virtually everyone and the enclosed aspect makes it more inviting than open ended box stadiums as well as weather protection for fans IMO.

it's just massively frustrating and angering how things have panned out due to mismanagement and responsibility relinquishment.

18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.384765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
15m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
38m