Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
A wise man once told me, "Any hole is a goal".:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Some interesting chat and exchange of opinions here.

Sounds like JA did well. I saw him shopping in town over the Xmas period, his preseason looked to be going well, he was svelte and looked to be in great shape. I think the opposition will dictate who starts at 13 this year; were we need a sledgehammer to crack the nut I think we'll start with Watts or Manu, were we might want a toffee hammer we'll use JA. Horses for courses. Radders clearly has a place in his plans for Abdul, I hope he has a belting season !

RankPostsTeam
International Star7329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "Inconsistency just seems an odd thing to level at him. For me he is one of the more consistent in the team. You know what you are going to get. He won't rip a defence to pieces, but he always makes solid metres (better yards per carry than Watts last season for example), he rarely makes an error, even rarer that he concedes a penalty. He's just a very reliable player imo. He has some games better than others of course, but its rare he has a stinker, and when he is good he is very good.

I like Fash, but how often have you seen him have a really noticeable impact on a game? He doesn't look out of place in the first team, but he isn't yet an important member of it. Green is.'"

Chris Green is underrated by some Hull fans.I agree he is miles ahead of Fash.
Fash works very hard but has no noticeable impact on a game as you say and i agree with that.
His size also will work against him as a prop and whilst i see a big future for Masi cant say the same for Fash

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7985
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: bonaire "Chris Green is underrated by some Hull fans.I agree he is miles ahead of Fash.
Fash works very hard but has no noticeable impact on a game as you say and i agree with that.
His size also will work against him as a prop and whilst i see a big future for Masi cant say the same for Fash'"

I think the problem for Green is for his size we naturally expect more from him when taking the ball in. The only slight criticism I have with him is that is where he lacks a bit of aggression in the collision for such a big lad. Other than that he has the odd brain fart but then name a player that doesn't.
He stepped up along with Bowden and became a solid member of the 17 and he will need to up his game again with the younger players that are now hungry for first team action. That for me is is key as Paea has indicated that they all need to be on top of their game as one poor game could see any of them fall out the 17, there are simply no guarantees on the team sheet which is a great position for the club & Radford to be in.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "I think the problem for Green is for his size we naturally expect more from him when taking the ball in. The only slight criticism I have with him is that is where he lacks a bit of aggression in the collision for such a big lad. Other than that he has the odd brain fart but then name a player that doesn't.
He stepped up along with Bowden and became a solid member of the 17 and he will need to up his game again with the younger players that are now hungry for first team action. That for me is is key as Paea has indicated that they all need to be on top of their game as one poor game could see any of them fall out the 17, there are simply no guarantees on the team sheet which is a great position for the club & Radford to be in.'"

Thats how it should be players playing for position.
Even Griffin has stepped up in pre season and i can see him taking the left wing slot from Talanoa sooner than later.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12073No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bonaire "Thats how it should be players playing for position.
Even Griffin has stepped up in pre season and i can see him taking the left wing slot from Talanoa sooner than later.'"

I know you aren't Talanoa's biggest fan but he is imo a very important player for us, especially the way we play. Churns up the ground, loads of quick play the balls, loads of penalties won, good finisher and an aerial threat to boot. One of the top wingers in the league imo. Just lacks serious pace.

Griffin will get plenty of game time but I can't see him making a position his own. I think if any of the 3/4s get injured he will be first choice replacement (be that centre or wing) and he might get the odd game in the back row.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16500_1696696672.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16500.jpg

Quote: bonaire "Thats how it should be players playing for position.
Even Griffin has stepped up in pre season and i can see him taking the left wing slot from Talanoa sooner than later.'"

Griffin definitely brings something to the table. What he doesn't have for me is Talanoa's engine (typified by the last play at Wembley in 2017 icon_lol.gif )

63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0830078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
5m