Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16500_1696696672.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16500.jpg

Quote: Faithful One "He may not be the marquee player we expected (as you put it), but he is exactly the marquee player we needed.

For starters, his signing probably enabled us to then convince Manu, Fonua (who could have got an NRL gig) and Carlos to come over. He is a massive name in rugby league, and to have the chance to play alongside him will have been one of the reasons those I've listed signed. You only need to look at social media to see how much these guys enjoy playing and hanging out together when you stick Talanoa in there as well.

He is the player we needed to get the fans closer to this club. The first time we played Wakey away this year, Frank made sure he spoke to every single fan and posed for pictures with everyone who wanted one. He ended up going back into the sheds about 15 minutes after everyone other player, because he wanted to interact with the fans. Merchandise sales will have increased, purely because of fans wanting his name on the back of their shirt.

Playing wise, he's solid. He has the odd bad game, but there aren't many who don't. Ok so he's not knocking three players out per match and scoring tries for fun, but he works hard. I'm not sure, but it's maybe possible that other players and coaches are aware of his threat and make sure they minimalise that by targeting him? Just a possibility I guess. FWIW, he could maybe do with being moved to the left edge, but Mini has rocked it on that side this year.

We need to remember where we've come from as a club over the last 12 months before we start bagging players on the internet and abusing them at games. The club and players have worked hard to engage with us fans this year, and if we're not careful, I can see it coming undone fairly quickly. Of course it's disappointing we lost out on the LLS on Friday... But who would have thought we'd have been saying that 12 months ago. This year has been fantastic, and is a superb opportunity to build on the foundations they've laid this year. Maybe I'm a happy clapper. Maybe I'm deluded. Ive just had the best year I've ever had as a rugby league supporter that I don't want to end, so just seeing people nit picking at certain things is starting to get on my nerves.

To summarise. Frank is worth every penny IMO.'"

Perfectly summarised. eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5835
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16835_1358246040.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16835.jpg

Wasnt it also said that Pritchards presence around training ground with his vids and general infectious attitude has brought the whole team together?

I thought he also had a pretty good game at Wembley

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

I am surprised we need Lee Radford with all these wannabe coaches on here who know best. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star340No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Faithful One "He may not be the marquee player we expected (as you put it), but he is exactly the marquee player we needed.

For starters, his signing probably enabled us to then convince Manu, Fonua (who could have got an NRL gig) and Carlos to come over. He is a massive name in rugby league, and to have the chance to play alongside him will have been one of the reasons those I've listed signed. You only need to look at social media to see how much these guys enjoy playing and hanging out together when you stick Talanoa in there as well.

He is the player we needed to get the fans closer to this club. The first time we played Wakey away this year, Frank made sure he spoke to every single fan and posed for pictures with everyone who wanted one. He ended up going back into the sheds about 15 minutes after everyone other player, because he wanted to interact with the fans. Merchandise sales will have increased, purely because of fans wanting his name on the back of their shirt.

Playing wise, he's solid. He has the odd bad game, but there aren't many who don't. Ok so he's not knocking three players out per match and scoring tries for fun, but he works hard. I'm not sure, but it's maybe possible that other players and coaches are aware of his threat and make sure they minimalise that by targeting him? Just a possibility I guess. FWIW, he could maybe do with being moved to the left edge, but Mini has rocked it on that side this year.

We need to remember where we've come from as a club over the last 12 months before we start bagging players on the internet and abusing them at games. The club and players have worked hard to engage with us fans this year, and if we're not careful, I can see it coming undone fairly quickly. Of course it's disappointing we lost out on the LLS on Friday... But who would have thought we'd have been saying that 12 months ago. This year has been fantastic, and is a superb opportunity to build on the foundations they've laid this year. Maybe I'm a happy clapper. Maybe I'm deluded. Ive just had the best year I've ever had as a rugby league supporter that I don't want to end, so just seeing people nit picking at certain things is starting to get on my nerves.

To summarise. Frank is worth every penny IMO.'"

Totally agree.really hoping he'll get more game time in his favoured position but his stats clearly show he's not here for a holiday. I don't think the the bond between him and the other islanders and how it's spread through the whole team can ever be under estimated. Without that spirit in camp there is no way we would be were we are

RankPostsTeam
International Star1403
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51233_1315864499.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51233.gif

Quote: Sebasteeno "Wasnt it also said that Pritchards presence around training ground with his vids and general infectious attitude has brought the whole team together?

I thought he also had a pretty good game at Wembley'"

I agree.
I think their has been and enhanced team spirit this season which has also contributed to our improved success.
Looks like Frank has been central to the mood in the camp and that in itself is part of his value to the squad.

45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.05029296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
4m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
6m