FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > Gentle - We'll bring in better players.
64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13012.gif
WE RUN BEST AT THE END. WE RUN BEST AT THE END OF PRACTICE. WE RUN BEST AT THE END OF THE RACE. WE RUN BEST AT THE END OF THE SEASON WHEN IT COUNTS THE MOST. Hull FC est 1865 "West is best" Hull KR "Pride of East Hull" established West Hull:13012.gif

We've won knack all over the years with players we have on the current roster who some seem to deem class or better which everyone can have their opinion on, I'm all for the change it may take 2 years but after watching the dross which has been served up over the last 4-5 and it becoming a chore to go to games I'm willing to lose a few if they will fit into a winning system.

Our reluctance to use our youth over the years during a previous regime has knocked us back as it is resulting in us paying over the odds on oversees players and average squad players who's job could of been done by our youth if given a chance.

We need a better balance of players across the board to add strength and competition for places to some of those who seem to think its a given they should be in the team.

There is no way we can utilise the wire cash cow method and i never expected us to as every man a dog knows its bent and there's no way the RFL will have the balls to look into it.

I want us to be up there competing fairly and squarely which i think Gentle et al can bring but we are going to have to wait a few years to see it flourish in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
International Star279No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64952_1361499173.jpg
"Old Faithful in [b:3i3rgepd]ANY[/b:3i3rgepd] kind of weather":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64952.jpg

Quote: berro's best mate "dear me........w it will be a cold day in hell before he ends up in some north engalnd backwater.....'"

I'm sorry but can you at least try to cheer up? At least I look on the positive side of things and have faith in what the team I support will deliver in the future. I said it'll sound stupid to some people but if he where to come, he'd be coming to a team with a number of faces he is familiar with, and with a coach and chairman who look to be doing most things right at the moment, who are looking to build a title winning squad.

icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED: <- You

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17198
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: berro's best mate "if thst the case, whos been holding us back in the current squad??
i'll go first, HORNE, miles past his best, passenger at times, but will be a starter when fit, wether at 1 or 6 next year....should have gone a year or so ago for me'"

Horne has never been the same since his injury/diabetes, and it was a ridiculous decision to give him a new 2 year deal. His performance against Saints was the worst I've ever seen him play and it was sad to see.

Of the other regular starters who aren't good enough:

Sharp: Has improved, but is still poor/average. He is not particularly strong or quick and his positioning is awful. The only positive is his good effort and work-rate.

Turner: Great with ball in hand, but awful in defence. If he was 18/19 I could live with that and hope that he improves, but he's 23 and I feel this is as good as he is going to get.

Westerman: Big transfer fee and a lot of hype, but does absolutely nothing in my eyes. Penalty machine and looks un-fit.

We also obviously lack a proper full-back, so that is (IMO of course) 5 out of a starting 13 positions that we aren't good enough in.

I'd also add that due to injuries and lack of squad cover, we are playing Manu, Lynch and Houghton for too long each week and this is limiting their impact.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5202
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67329_1392756525.jpg
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand Workin' in the dark against your fellow man But as sure as God made black and white What's down in the dark will be brought to the light:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67329.jpg

I dont buy into this he's not good enough for us because he cant get in there team ie watts , pitts . There is cases all over the s.l were players have left one club and become better players ie carvel could get in the leeds 13 , left and went on to be an international , danny tickle , craig hall , josh hodgeson are to name but a few . I bet you all could think of a lot more cases

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7355
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39176.jpg
:39176.jpg

The great point that various people have made is that we don't need every name to be directly replaced a player who will immediately be better then their predecessor at the club. Gentle has said on numerous occasions that we need to build the squad and the youth of the sport is the future. The likes of Pitts (who I think has had a very promising start at the club), Arundel, Crookes, Watts, along with extensions to Kent and Bowden is a great step in the right direction for us.

In Gentle We Trust.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach243No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21727.jpg
:21727.jpg

This year is the start of our re building the mighty. Wigan did it after almost getting relegated in 06. We have the board and back room to hopefully do it. They seem to have a clear vision I.e. youth and the style of rugby required so in AP we trust...fingers crossed.lol.

64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

14.89404296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
4m
TV Games - Not Hull
hull2524
15m