JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25179.jpg
Hull FC Barnsley Branch (Well, 3of us!) Barnsley Black 'N Whites. The Best of Hull, With added 'Tarn'.... Staffs FC wrote: "Dennis knows more about RL than I ever will and I need him to teach me how to be a coach.":25179.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Think we've played everyone now except Catalans? What does everyone think of the season so far?

Headline for me is so far, so good. Pretty sure we'd have taken 5th with wins against Leeds, Saints and a point v Warrington at the start of the season. A 30 point hammering Rovers is always welcome.

We've been solid, results-wise, barring the blow-out against Wigan. Getting to see the style Gentle wants to play and it looks good - last night in particular.

It's refreshing to hear of detailed gameplanning and adjustment of personnel and tactics depending on specifics of the opposition. To have the senior academy players training with the first team. Our conditioning seems more thorough and professional. Motivation (for the most part) has stepped on. Defence is far more organised and effective.

We're blessed with a great engine room, IMO. Tickle, Lynch and Houghton are delivering relentless work rates which frees up others to be rotated well - Gentle's use of the bench seems to actually be tailored to what is going on the game rather than a pre-set alarm at 20 and 60 minutes.

Gentle himself is looking like a very good signing. There seems to be a lot of attention to detail throughout in terms of preparation. He comes across well in the media IMO - warm, humble, honest, dry sense of humour. Seems clear about what he wants and expects.

In terms of players, there are quite a few who have shown improvement; Sharp and Turner are the most obvious in this group, but this is also as good a run of games for Whiting as he's had at the club. Pleasing to get debuts for a good handful of players in 12 games. Crooks and Bowden in particular are looking like they can give it a good go at this level. Can't think of many players who've disappointed vs expectations really. Briscoe has underperformed vs his own standards but it's been suggested he's been injured. Seymour hasn't consistently delivered the goods yet, hopefully last night will be a start. Ellis hasn't really stepped up to SL level, yet.

Recruitment/player movement is a mixed bag IMO. In terms of what we know, signing Ellis and extending deals for Bowden and Lynch, our best 2012 signing, are very pleasing, but clearly tempered by the loss of Manu. Still gutted about this. Pitts looks like he'll fit the Gentle model well. Disappointed in the loss of McKinnon, unsure about the rumoured signing of Arundel as I know little about him.

Off the pitch, it's encouraging to see the investment in youth and training and clearly from a PR perspective AP is light years ahead of Kath. We rode the Gleeson storm pretty well. The website and online store, already up there with the best in the competition, have gone up another level. Hull FC Live is a good additional service.

The number one concern for the club must be attendances. 11,500 just won't cut it for us to get to where we want to be, and I'm not sure that much else could have been done to get gates up. Season passes haven't increased in price, £19 for the South. New coach, improving results. Hoping this is a slow burn and that results like yesterday will tempt the floating voters back.

So overall, not sure that we could realistically have hoped for a whole lot more at this stage. Facing into a couple of months of predominantly away ties will mean things get tougher, but we're also getting more bodies back, so should be missing just Westerman and Heremaia. I'd like to see us sign up Houghton long term, and Tickle also. And finally, it's great to be enjoying rugby again after the unending chore that had become attendance over the last couple of years.'"

WOW! What a post! Nice one Mrs B!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29775No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Difficult one. There are fans who prefer one or the other but go anyway, those who can/will only go to either/or, ie they will only get a pass if it's Sunday, and those for whom a mix doesn't work, who need certainty to commit. I think the club should do a proper questionnaire asking more specific questions than what's your preferred match day, more about under which circumstances you would definitely buy or definitely not buy a pass:
Fridays only
Sundays only
A mixture

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17198
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Difficult one. There are fans who prefer one or the other but go anyway, those who can/will only go to either/or, ie they will only get a pass if it's Sunday, and those for whom a mix doesn't work, who need certainty to commit. I think the club should do a proper questionnaire asking more specific questions than what's your preferred match day, more about under which circumstances you would definitely buy or definitely not buy a pass

A proper survey (i.e. handed out to ever passholder, pay on the day fans at 2 home games, and if possible fans who are on the clubs ticket data base but don't have passes) would end this debate once and for all. The main fuss last time we moved to Friday was because James Rule asked about 3 people in the FC boardroom what they thought and then tried to dress it up as a survey result.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12260
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33934.gif
BLACK AND WHITES East is East,West is West, and never the twain shall meet. -------------------------------- "I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow.":33934.gif

Quote: fc baldy "Anything would have been better than the $hite Agar served up over the last 4yrs.'"

Last season I went out of loyalty,nothing more.My enthusiasm was at a very low ebb.This season I have been uplifted beyond compare.We have a coach who actually has a game plan,and a style of play worth watching.I can`t even get upset about the Wigan game.At least Gentle stuck by his word and gave youth a chance,even if it was slightly forced on him through injuries.The Leeds game is,I hope the shape of things to come.
As I pointed out on another thread,if you want to see how far we have come,go on Wakeys forum and read the "I don`t believe it" thread.Cheers me up every time.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member43413
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3614_1281651917.jpg
[url:2qyny6du]https://twitter.com/Mr_Hutchie[/url:2qyny6du] [b:2qyny6du]@Mr_Hutchie[/b:2qyny6du] [url:2qyny6du]http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hullwykearlfc/[/url:2qyny6du]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3614.jpg

5th in league, 3points off top with game in hand.

Guess we're doing OK with room for improvement icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22111
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

Quote: Hutchie "5th in league, 3points off top with game in hand.

Guess we're doing OK with room for improvement
We are eight points better off than we were after thirteen rounds last season. We are five points better off in comparative fixtures (swapping Crusaders home for Widnes home).

Pretty good opening half of the season.

48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2451171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
PopTart
4m
Tonights match v HKR
ChampagneSup
7m