FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Time for reality ?
60 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well we all know is where the team & club are @ present , ( Failing & little chance of improvement of this remain as they are ) it pains me
To point out -- a). Only the owner of the club can take full charge & sack people, this not only takes balls but it is not a pleasant thing to do & one must have a realistic plan to execute & achieve the plan to a successful outcome !
The problem for the owner is finances, money up front to -- b). Speculate to accumulate, this for the owner presents a problem.
He has currently insufficient income generation due to covid 19. He/the club is currently under reduced reduced income.
This issue will be compounded next season as not only will covid still be a massive issue but supporters still not able to attend matches but how many supporters will buy a season ticket when they cannot attend, their team cannot win matches, their is virtually no player of main coach changes !!
We are all able to moan or criticise but the current supporters have mainly backed the club & not asked for money back ! Me included & all my family !! But, would we pay a full season for not able to view, poor changes to the club set up, bottom of the league & and a disgrace as a team we currently have as most would have to be retained, relegation a CERTAINTY !!
These are very dark times & little chance of changing the outcome to a positive.
I am a very concerned supporter, we are looking down the death of super league status !
How very very sad this is !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TrinTrin "Well we all know is where the team & club are @ present , ( Failing & little chance of improvement of this remain as they are ) it pains me
To point out -- a). Only the owner of the club can take full charge & sack people, this not only takes balls but it is not a pleasant thing to do & one must have a realistic plan to execute & achieve the plan to a successful outcome !
The problem for the owner is finances, money up front to -- b). Speculate to accumulate, this for the owner presents a problem.
He has currently insufficient income generation due to covid 19. He/the club is currently under reduced reduced income.
This issue will be compounded next season as not only will covid still be a massive issue but supporters still not able to attend matches but how many supporters will buy a season ticket when they cannot attend, their team cannot win matches, their is virtually no player of main coach changes !!
We are all able to moan or criticise but the current supporters have mainly backed the club & not asked for money back ! Me included & all my family !! But, would we pay a full season for not able to view, poor changes to the club set up, bottom of the league & and a disgrace as a team we currently have as most would have to be retained, relegation a CERTAINTY !!
These are very dark times & little chance of changing the outcome to a positive.
I am a very concerned supporter, we are looking down the death of super league status !
How very very sad this is !'"

Minnards or Carter ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3664
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

It is hard times indeed, for the club, Andrew with COVID, also now players, coaching staff and even office staff. Times are uncertain.

This does make it harder on the finances of the club, to make the necessary improvements.

However, to make an improvement, you don’t necessarily need to go from spending the least to the most, to make significant improvements. If you buy a bottle of wine from the supermarket, for under £4, they don’t always taste good, but if you spend a little more, than there is usually an improvement. What I’m trying to say here, is you don’t need to replace Broughie say, with the best in the NRL, and same with other players.

The club haven’t always helped themselves though, prior to COVID. I’ve said it before, and will again, I don’t think they have been very good with marketing in the past. At times you wouldn’t know there was a game on. I know they do on social media but not everyone follows it, so some wouldn’t even know. For my business I ordered some flyers, which I sent out, by hand, and on the back of this, I have extra customers, who use the service on a daily basis. This has more than paid for that box. Could we do the same?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1041No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Five wins from thirty three. What is there to discus.
No brainer.
The players have had enough of the standar guff. Move on. Bite the bullet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: TrinTrin "Well we all know is where the team & club are @ present , ( Failing & little chance of improvement of this remain as they are ) it pains me
How very very sad this is !'"
i fully understand that the club is not awash with money but the team issues need addressing, we need some forwards ASAP some which can make ground and achieve parity, we broadcast we were in talks with an half back and a big figure sum, I honestly think that Tom and fafita might have to be sacrificed to the highest bidder and a rebuild take place, judging by the latest recruiting Atkins, Kaye, brough, gigot, Walker I wouldn’t trust Chester to run a bath

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1425
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Manuel "Five wins from thirty three. What is there to discus.
No brainer.
The players have had enough of the standar guff. Move on. Bite the bullet.'"

The players have had enough ??? some of the players want a kick up the proverbial!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5290
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

While we are on the subject of reality checks, I hope the board of directors quickly get one !

Yes we all accept the club is run on a tight budget and our financial resources are no where near some other clubs. However I have little sympathy with our club when they continue to remind us of this and yet seem to spend money in a stupid fashion.

For instance I can think of at least one person at our club who has milked a living from it for several years
and provided next to zero value for money. I could also add a couple more potential candidates to go along side him.
These people have been on the gravy train for far too long and if it were not for our mis placed generosity they would have no chance of getting similar positions in other self respecting clubs.

So in my opinion there is far more the club can do itself to overcome its financial short comings by making sure they take a long hard look at their staff expenditure and like mopsey has pointed out ,review money squandered on recent stupid signings

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's obvious that the coach is as popular as a fart in a space suit amongst the majority of the fans and judging by the results that applies to the players. Is he allowed to carry on ruining our club because of his friendship with the committe or is he too expensive to terminate his contract. How long has he left on his current contract with the club before we can get shut of him for free. Having spent a small fortune on merchandise during lockdown does any other fans feel the same as me, too embarrassed to wear it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10477
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Quote: Trinity1964 "Having spent a small fortune on merchandise during lockdown does any other fans feel the same as me, too embarrassed to wear it.'"

I think you might be on your own there mate.
Just today, I was out walking and passed a complete stranger with, like me, merchandise on.. I said good morning great hat you've got on. We then had a long chat about yesterdays game.
I wear my stuff even more blatantly when we are in the dumps.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2751
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77371.jpg

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "I think you might be on your own there mate.
Just today, I was out walking and passed a complete stranger with, like me, merchandise on.. I said good morning great hat you've got on. We then had a long chat about yesterdays game.
I wear my stuff even more blatantly when we are in the dumps.'"

Pleased to know there are plenty of other Trinity fans who put their club first. I think the majority of us support them through thick and thin, even when it hurts. a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3070
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76901_1662991480.jpg
We're all Trin aren't we?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76901.jpg

Quote: Trinity1964 "It's obvious that the coach is as popular as a fart in a space suit amongst the majority of the fans and judging by the results that applies to the players. Is he allowed to carry on ruining our club because of his friendship with the committe or is he too expensive to terminate his contract. How long has he left on his current contract with the club before we can get shut of him for free. Having spent a small fortune on merchandise during lockdown does any other fans feel the same as me, too embarrassed to wear it.'"

If you feel that strongly, I suggest you give it away.
Will never stop - like others - wearing mine.

RankPostsTeam
International Star325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I actually like our merchandise! One of the few things that’s going right for the club at the moment is that they’ve get some decent gear. If only the coach was as good!

RankPostsTeam
International Star5613
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Trinity1964 "It's obvious that the coach is as popular as a fart in a space suit amongst the majority of the fans and judging by the results that applies to the players. Is he allowed to carry on ruining our club because of his friendship with the committe or is he too expensive to terminate his contract. How long has he left on his current contract with the club before we can get shut of him for free. Having spent a small fortune on merchandise during lockdown does any other fans feel the same as me, too embarrassed to wear it.'"

Wear mine too and from the gym and when I’m in there, which is most days, wondered why every body was laughing icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Dunkirk Spirit "Pleased to know there are plenty of other Trinity fans who put their club first. I think the majority of us support them through thick and thin, even when it hurts.
As a Trinity fan, you know what you're getting.
A mid to lower end table club that generally battles through, regardless of the adversity and obstacles thrown in our path.
You're right about it hurting but, pain is something that you sign up for when picking Trinity as your club.
Despite the moans and groans on here, which is pretty much all because the fans want the club to be better, the Trinity fans have backed the club all season, with the vast majority sacrificing the cost of season tickets and signing up for the lottery and squad builder, Trinity TV etc.

The op asks about "time for reality", which at the moment is all about the club, along with plenty of others, trying to survive, so that we still have a club to support when things improve out in the big wide world.

Given the choice of a struggling club or no club, Ill stick with the struggling one all day long and am happy to renew S/T and buy the merchandise etc, etc.

Things will get better and we all want to be around when they are.

Up the Trin !

RankPostsTeam
International Star2612
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Said before I will be buying S T, but do think unless they are big changes not just with the players ,it will be our last season in S L

60 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
60 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3388671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
6m
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
17m