JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Oct 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

don't agree with some of the commentary comments but i didn't hear what was said. i don't know why the scrum where the "fight" started was given, perfect interception from broughy..unless anybody knows why ? also broughy made some big tackles out wide throughout the game. murphy to me was mom, he was taking it in like a prop at times and his reading of the game was excellent seeing as he hasn't played a proper competitive game in that position! ben jefferies played well and certainly injected some pace as said earlier and leo latu ! that guy certainly doesn't shirk ever !! thought he had busted his shoulder with 1 hit.
all in all with tough conditions and first game out away at quins wasn't a bad performance and things look good for the season if we can stay clear of injuries.

oh and wilkes's welcome from korki ?? wilkes bounced about 5 yards when he "attempted" to make the hit icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

tonight i will now icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6292
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

As with the other posters, Murphy, Moreton and BJ superb. No one had a bad game, although Morrisson gave away a few penalties early on at the ruck. Millard didn't get enough decent ball, but when he did, he almost put George away.

All credit to Quins, their defence was superb, they weren't being sucked in by anyone.

Enjoyed the game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Magic passed a cracker to LG and LG kicked it on for BJ, it seems its ok for BJ to be pushed two handed off the ball in front of Smith and two touchies, now i know they can't see everything but he saw a knock on from DB, or rather he dreamed one up.

Same old reffing standards for 2010.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: crowt123 "don't agree with some of the commentary comments but i didn't hear what was said. i don't know why the scrum where the "fight" started was given, perfect interception from broughy..unless anybody knows why ? also broughy made some big tackles out wide throughout the game. murphy to me was mom, he was taking it in like a prop at times and his reading of the game was excellent seeing as he hasn't played a proper competitive game in that position! ben jefferies played well and certainly injected some pace as said earlier and leo latu ! that guy certainly doesn't shirk ever !! thought he had busted his shoulder with 1 hit.
all in all with tough conditions and first game out away at quins wasn't a bad performance and things look good for the season if we can stay clear of injuries.

oh and wilkes's welcome from korki ?? wilkes bounced about 5 yards when he "attempted" to make the hit
Broughy just knocked on I thought, must have been the only one - just a tiny one but I think I saw it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Slugger McBatt "As with the other posters, Murphy, Moreton and BJ superb. No one had a bad game, although Morrisson gave away a few penalties early on at the ruck. Millard didn't get enough decent ball, but when he did, he almost put George away.

All credit to Quins, their defence was superb, they weren't being sucked in by anyone.

Enjoyed the game.'"

Subs in the second half were the main difference for me, our bench was much better and that was the difference that gave us more pressure.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It was noted on the radio about the strength of the Wakey bench.

RDM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach708
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not the greatest of matches, but Ian Smith didn't do the fans any favours with some of his decisions - a blatant knock on by Quins towards the end of the first half went unnoticed (meaning that instead of putting pressure on their line at the end of the half we had to keep them out for the last minute or so of the half) and I've absolutely no idea what sort of knock on DB was alleged to have made when he intercepted late on - I can't see that the fight would have happened if he hadn't called for the knock on.

Too much laying on at the tackles - I lost count of how many times Morrison was shaking his head in disbelief that Smith wasn't blowing flor a penalty.

Our defence needs working on. The last couple of years I think we've had a great goalline defence, but both Quins' tries - especially the first - were soft ones to be conceding at this level.

The fact there was only 3 props in the 17 was a massive weakness and for most of the second half we only had 1 prop on at a time! All 3 of them did play well, but we do need 2 props on the bench for every game.

Newton didn't look fit from the moment he came on. Obviously he picked up a knock in the 10 minutes or so that he was on the pitch, but he was blowing like he'd made every carry & every tackle during the course of a full 80 minutes after only being on there for 1 or 2.

JD's lack of match fitness was obvious - he did ok, but he never really looked like he was with the pace of the game. Hendo put in his typical performance (i.e. no passes) but we all know that's how he plays.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd have preferred to see King & Johnson in the 17 for Newton & JD - BJ should have started at 6 with Sam & TLL interchanging at hooker. I don't think Newton & JD were anywhere near full fitness, so if King & Johnson were left out because they were considered to be even further off match fitness it does make me wonder how unfit the rest of the squad outside the 19 must be right now!

Murphy was fantastic at full back & the way he took the ball from just in front of our own sticks to attack the gaps in the Quins kick-chase that created the try for BJ in the first half showed that Matt Blaymire has an awful lot of work to do if he wants his place back in the side. IMO if Blaymire had been at full back he'd have run straight into the nearest tackler rather than attacking the gap.

Overall, plenty of reasons to give us optimism for the season - but plenty that not only can, but must, be improved on for the rest of the season. If we do improve on what are minor, but fundamental, issues theres no reason why we shouldn't expect to be a serious challenge in both the league & cup this season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg
Mac out!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20337.jpg

Wakey deserved the win. The score reflects the game. Thought Jefferies went well, Broughy was quiet. See you at your place - Good luck for the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26368_1378623782.jpg
You know I've always been a dreamer:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26368.jpg

I haven't seen the game but it's great to hear positive reports regarding Aaron Murphy, hopefully he will have an injury free season and kick on from here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4980No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23909.gif
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin':23909.gif

Quote: RDM "Not the greatest of matches, but Ian Smith didn't do the fans any favours with some of his decisions - a blatant knock on by Quins towards the end of the first half went unnoticed (meaning that instead of putting pressure on their line at the end of the half we had to keep them out for the last minute or so of the half) and I've absolutely no idea what sort of knock on DB was alleged to have made when he intercepted late on - I can't see that the fight would have happened if he hadn't called for the knock on.

Too much laying on at the tackles - I lost count of how many times Morrison was shaking his head in disbelief that Smith wasn't blowing flor a penalty.

Our defence needs working on. The last couple of years I think we've had a great goalline defence, but both Quins' tries - especially the first - were soft ones to be conceding at this level.

The fact there was only 3 props in the 17 was a massive weakness and for most of the second half we only had 1 prop on at a time! All 3 of them did play well, but we do need 2 props on the bench for every game.

Newton didn't look fit from the moment he came on. Obviously he picked up a knock in the 10 minutes or so that he was on the pitch, but he was blowing like he'd made every carry & every tackle during the course of a full 80 minutes after only being on there for 1 or 2.

JD's lack of match fitness was obvious - he did ok, but he never really looked like he was with the pace of the game. Hendo put in his typical performance (i.e. no passes) but we all know that's how he plays.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd have preferred to see King & Johnson in the 17 for Newton & JD - BJ should have started at 6 with Sam & TLL interchanging at hooker. I don't think Newton & JD were anywhere near full fitness, so if King & Johnson were left out because they were considered to be even further off match fitness it does make me wonder how unfit the rest of the squad outside the 19 must be right now!

Murphy was fantastic at full back & the way he took the ball from just in front of our own sticks to attack the gaps in the Quins kick-chase that created the try for BJ in the first half showed that Matt Blaymire has an awful lot of work to do if he wants his place back in the side. IMO if Blaymire had been at full back he'd have run straight into the nearest tackler rather than attacking the gap.

Overall, plenty of reasons to give us optimism for the season - but plenty that not only can, but must, be improved on for the rest of the season. If we do improve on what are minor, but fundamental, issues theres no reason why we shouldn't expect to be a serious challenge in both the league & cup this season.'"

first 10/15 we absolutely dominated field position but our attacking line was very poor. on their first attack quins showed how to run angles and we completely misread the play for their try - disappointing. for the rest of the half both teams were error strewn and as a spectacle it was very stop start.
2nd half was totally different, despite letting them make too much ground and conceding a very soft try we looked like we could score every time we got in their 20, especially down our left flank.

agree about the props, we cannot afford to go in so light against catalans or we will get mullered after the interchanges. king or bibb need to get up to speed quickly we cant manage with 3 for long. someone has mentioned henderson propping but i cant remember a time when 2 of the 3 weren't on the field, although i stand to be corrected.

newton did look knackered but he showed glimpses of what he is capable of before his injury. BJ was genuinely woeful for the first 5 minutes icon_smile.gif but in the 2nd half he played very well, hopefully a sign of what's to follow.

murphy was probably the best player on the pitch and his try was just reward for all our pressure and his personal display.

tronc was a handful and 2 offloads in his first 4 carries was very positive. he seemed to on the pitch a for long periods i hope we dont reduce his efffectiveness by keeping him on too long.

even though it worked out for the best in the end kear needs to stick to 2 half backs and 2 hookers imo, bite the bullet and drop someone. we dont need all five in the team its too many. obst had a bit of a shocker today all told although it would be harsh if he was the one to make way considering.

george was anonymous in the first half but in the second showed enough to make me feel confident he can carry on where he left off last season, hopefully millard will give him more supply than atkins did.

hendo got stuck in and whilst i'm not gonna wet myself over him like some do he deserves a lot of credit for his performance today. despite not passing the ball once he was full of strong running and got in their faces.

morton - well pleased with his contribution he looks to be improving with every game. as has been said made a couple of crunching tackles at least one leading to the ball being spilled.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach272No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39175_1290776175.jpg
Help me raise money for The British Heart Foundation by sponsoring my 2009 London Marathon attempt at www.justgiving.com/hopo2009:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39175.jpg

Not the best game in terms of quality but enough signs to smile about and two points from the first game is good.

Agree with above about the short of props/two many playmakers - thought murphy was outstanding and good performances from morton/bj and tronc

Great atmosphere from the Trin fans and really pleased to see how many packed in that stand, loved the banging the feet on the metal floor to create some real noise although my daughter was concerned we were going to bring the stand down!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Lady next to me complained every time people banged the old feet, it helped keep us all warm at least.

Trin fans at away games are a good bunch.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why why why did we run 5 kickable penalties.

Its just not rocket science --- always take the two.

All in all two league points is what we needed : job done

The coaching team will have learnt a great deal, many positives and some plans that did not work, just some tinkering required.

The brains trust in our car felt that when we beat Wigan last year in match one it was maybe our best performance of the season. Yesterday we won and have a great deal of room for improvment. Looking good so far.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: bellycouldtackle "Why why why did we run 5 kickable penalties.

All in all two league points is what we needed in our car felt that when we beat Wigan last year in match one it was maybe our best performance of the season. Yesterday we won and have a great deal of room for improvment. Looking good so far.'"

eusa_hand.gif

RDM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach708
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bellycouldtackle "Why why why did we run 5 kickable penalties.

'"

But when we did take a kick DB didn't even get the ball to the sticks! Yes I know it was from distance (at least in a RL perspective) but it was virtually bang in front of the sticks and he should have scored it.

Against stronger teams than Quins I think that we would have taken more kicks for goal, but at this stage in the season against a team we were never behind to during the match I don't have a problem with the number of opportunities that weren't taken.

109 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
109 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.89892578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Saints h
jonh
26m
Cas
the-bearded-
27m
TV Games - Not Hull
Riderofthepa
42m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
43m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
55m
Shopping list for 2025
Cuddleclub
Recent
TV games not Wire
lefty goldbl
Recent
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
Recent
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
Recent
Wigan Warriors Extend League Lead with Derby Win
RLFANS News
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad 2024
Listenup94
1m
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
1m
Vegas Baby
MattyB
1m
have the rules changed
Spookisback
1m
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Kick and cha
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
2m
RLFANS News
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
3m
Round 17 Warrington Away
KaeruJim
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
RLFANS News
TODAY
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
the-bearded-
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
KaeruJim
TODAY
Saints h
jonh
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
TODAY
Wakefield H
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,293 ↓-6480,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
 FT
Hover 
Cronulla
58-6
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
 FT 
WiganW
12-16
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
 FT 
LondonB
20-34
Castleford
 FT 
Wigan
16-12
St.Helens
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024
WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL
20:00
Wigan16-12St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Fri 12th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Cronulla58-6Wests
SL
LIVE
LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024
LIVE
WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL
LIVE
Wigan16-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 17 441 186 255 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 17 176 649 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10