JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Quote: Eastern Wildcat "Quite possibly, but in all honesty, I don’t know what kicked off, and I don’t tend to get involved in other people’s disputes.

I don’t think he’s the first, or won’t be the last one, if so, to fall out with someone at the club.'"

Is this now called being a snowflake?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36076
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "What is the target again?'"

22 people have paid which is one more than I expected.

Yes we have, I think it may be about £50 under the amount but the club was always happy to make up any shortfall.

So it’s a goer, no idea what the flyer will be like and living where I do I won’t be getting one so just post on here if you get one I’d love to see how it looks.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36076
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: Eastern Wildcat "Quite possibly, but in all honesty, I don’t know what kicked off, and I don’t tend to get involved in other people’s disputes.

I don’t think he’s the first, or won’t be the last one, if so, to fall out with someone at the club.'"

Yet you claim to know him, interesting.

Well I know him though it’s been quite a while since we have communicated.

He didn’t fall out with the Trinity, he objected to something imposed by the management and it got out of control. It was poorly handled by the directors at the time imho and I suspect it might of been handled differently today. That is just my opinion so I could be wrong, I tend not to get involved in other peoples disputes.

Bigal is a rare individual, a man of principle and just as I thought MC, another man of principle didn’t handle it well, Bigal didn’t exactly make it easy imo.

In fairness I don’t know either of them that well but I would say Bigal was very stubborn on this one. Again that’s just my opinion, as I’d of let it go with the blink of an eye but he just wouldn’t. Right or wrong though you have to admire his resolve it’s rare these days but then you could just as easily admire the clubs resolve. It was subjective at the time and still is.

Anyway there was probably a period where it could possibly have been sorted but that’s long gone and Bigal has probably found better ways to fill his days.

As I say as far as I’m aware he hasn’t fallen out with Trinity but he won’t be back whilst MC is in charge, though imho he probably won’t be back regardless now. These things happen, it’s called life.

Like Bigal, MC probably doesn’t think he was wrong and I’m assuming it was him but who knows as I wasn’t there and I may be completely wrong. If it was MC he probably doesn’t even remember it, why would he, he has to balance the interests of thousands of people and he simply can’t please them all, it’s called leadership.

Of course you’d know all this being involved with the club for years, as you often remind us and also apparently being in touch with Bigal. Still as you say you don’t tend to get involved in other peoples disputes.

Also surprised you didn’t know after all I’ve just said that it was about a bottle of coke, wasn’t a secret even at the time.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

boy you do know how to waffle on vasty

yes EW it was a bottle of coke that he had brought in and got out of control when he was told the club had banned bringing in drinks as the club wanted you to purchase theirs in the ground, I was present at the time it happened, Al had a meeting with them and they chose to part ways

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10458
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Quote: snowie "boy you do know how to waffle on vasty

yes EW it was a bottle of coke that he had brought in and got out of control when he was told the club had banned bringing in drinks as the club wanted you to purchase theirs in the ground, I was present at the time it happened, Al had a meeting with them and they chose to part ways'"

Didn't this all stem from the worry by authorities that bottles of anything were a terrorist threat at public meeting places? Remember similar stances at airports back at the same time (2014/15????)

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "Didn't this all stem from the worry by authorities that bottles of anything were a terrorist threat at public meeting places? Remember similar stances at airports back at the same time (2014/15????)'"
it might of been but also food wasn't allowed too not sure what a terrorist could do with a cheese and pickle sandwich tho

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10458
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg

Quote: snowie "it might of been but also food wasn't allowed too not sure what a terrorist could do with a cheese and pickle sandwich tho'"

Remember this

rlhttps://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/huddersfield-giants-fans-bottles-water-7567268rl

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3660
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

yes EW it was a bottle of coke that he had brought in and got out of control when he was told the club had banned bringing in drinks as the club wanted you to purchase theirs in the ground, I was present at the time it happened, Al had a meeting with them and they chose to part ways'"
Quote: snowie "Yet you claim to know him, interesting.

Well I know him though it’s been quite a while since we have communicated.

He didn’t fall out with the Trinity, he objected to something imposed by the management and it got out of control. It was poorly handled by the directors at the time imho and I suspect it might of been handled differently today. That is just my opinion so I could be wrong, I tend not to get involved in other peoples disputes.

Bigal is a rare individual, a man of principle and just as I thought MC, another man of principle didn’t handle it well, Bigal didn’t exactly make it easy imo.

In fairness I don’t know either of them that well but I would say Bigal was very stubborn on this one. Again that’s just my opinion, as I’d of let it go with the blink of an eye but he just wouldn’t. Right or wrong though you have to admire his resolve it’s rare these days but then you could just as easily admire the clubs resolve. It was subjective at the time and still is.

Anyway there was probably a period where it could possibly have been sorted but that’s long gone and Bigal has probably found better ways to fill his days.

As I say as far as I’m aware he hasn’t fallen out with Trinity but he won’t be back whilst MC is in charge, though imho he probably won’t be back regardless now. These things happen, it’s called life.

Like Bigal, MC probably doesn’t think he was wrong and I’m assuming it was him but who knows as I wasn’t there and I may be completely wrong. If it was MC he probably doesn’t even remember it, why would he, he has to balance the interests of thousands of people and he simply can’t please them all, it’s called leadership.

Of course you’d know all this being involved with the club for years, as you often remind us and also apparently being in touch with Bigal. Still as you say you don’t tend to get involved in other peoples disputes.

Also surprised you didn’t know after all I’ve just said that it was about a bottle of coke, wasn’t a secret even at the time.'"

I do know him, but didn’t know him in person back then.

It does seem a bit petty on both sides, but like you say, possibly found something to fill up the weekends.

FWIW, I have been taking a bottle of pop or water into grounds for many years.

I will be honest, I didn’t know this, as 2013, 2014 and early 2015, I was in Malta, and rarely visited this site. I tend not to look or post often if I’m not at a game, as I don’t think it’s right, commenting if your not present.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36076
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Bit like your story of working in the rain and the cost of electricity? icon_wink.gif

It was meant in a sarky way but yes your explanation pretty much says what happened.

A truly odd clash of personalise and principles even by Trinity standards.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

had a conversation with my lad this morning and joked about the side I follow in the NRL and said at least my other side is winning as I read that they had won today 36-22 his reply was I think I going to stop watching Wakefield because nothings changed same old boring plays, now that worries me as he was as ardent a fan as I am if he can see it and is willing to walk away then there's a lot of rethinking to done

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36076
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: snowie "had a conversation with my lad this morning and joked about the side I follow in the NRL and said at least my other side is winning as I read that they had won today 36-22 his reply was I think I going to stop watching Wakefield because nothings changed same old boring plays, now that worries me as he was as ardent a fan as I am if he can see it and is willing to walk away then there's a lot of rethinking to done'"

I’ve walked away a few times in the past, the longest being about 4 month. But things change in RL in the blink of an eye. One player finding supreme form, a match turning call going our way or an against the odds win. Before you know it you have a different team to support.

This will happen and you’ll be happy again. The problem is that set up as we are we can never sustain the good periods, certainly not long enough to win anything.

If what I heard the other week transpire then within 18 month the club will have been transformed and we will at last be competitive. Won’t be instant but the potential will finally be real.

We need to survive the next two seasons, my nerves will be even more shredded than normal but the is now just a tiny chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

I’m not stupid I know at this point it’s still prone to failure but I’m not giving up just yet and neither are you a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3061
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76901_1662991480.jpg
We're all Trin aren't we?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76901.jpg

Quote: snowie "it might of been but also food wasn't allowed too not sure what a terrorist could do with a cheese and pickle sandwich tho'"

1. If the cheese is off it could give you a good dose of the trots.
2. You could choke on a bit of pickle.
3. If Mrs. BG had made it, you could kill someone from 50 yards with a decent on-target throw.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player604No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Bit like your story of working in the rain and the cost of electricity? icon_razz.gifRAY:
They may now have a selling point to attract paying customers.

Can anybody tell me how the crowd limits will affect BV as part of the road map?

As far as I understand it, the limited return of fans will start on 17th May, 25% of seated capacity or 10k icon_lol.gif , how does this work with terracing? allowed or not?

Our first home game after that date is Hull KR - potentially AF's debut?

The plan for lifting all restrictions is 21st June.

Our first home game after that is Wigan icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:
However, if it's possible to delay until Monday from the weekend before, we play Cas at home a046.gif

I'd also hope they'd link the leaflet drop with a promo for the club shop which would allow some measure of the success of the process.

91 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
91 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0732421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC