FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Taxi for Kear!!!
183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach201No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2010Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Taxi for the board I think. One way to M&S.

Even though we are a [iespecially[/i bad patch at the minute I still believe that Kear is a top quality coach and one of Wakefield's best assets.

- However, I would like one of the posters [iin the know (cough) well - the ones who claim they do - the ones who come on the forum state things about having inside knowledge, but oooooo I can't tell you - look how important I am[/i to give some genuine insight into the thought process/situation with Brough.

When the DB was been mooted - I remember been quite shocked - with him we could push top 4, have a play off game, maybe win one,maybe make the cup semi, - play in front of some decent crowds despite the [ivery[i] steep ticket price. Without him, drop out of the 8, became a glorified Harlequins, maybe finish 9/10th in front of abysmal crowds. All with franchise applications coming up. The prize money for positions alone, would have been significantly more than we recieved for DB - never mind the drop in gates.

While I don't think the 'board' have the nouse to realise this (i have an image of a [i]Bread[/i style family discussion around the kitchen table, mainly about M&S) I think that Kear probably did - so to alleviaite some of the frustraiton some of the fans are feeling - quite simply - what's the real story? I have heard the money rumours - but he was contracted to the end of the year - so what happened that meant we did not force him to see it out?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

Quote: TURFEDOUT "Feline,i was questioning the signing or extending contracts of these players,which Kear played his part in.
This is Kears team,not one that he has inherited and they are playing without desire or motivation.Even supporters from other teams have commented tonight how uninterested our players looked.
Everyone seems to say that we have limited resources and Kear does a good job with whats at his disposal and in the past he may well have.Unfortunately i feel that we have now reached a crossroads with Kear,in that our on field performances are reflecting just how limited our resources are.On current form i would think we are pretty much facing finishing in the bottom two,as i just cant see were another win would come from.The recent performances that have been served up,dont indicate Kear is working on just limited resources,but performances that are akin to the lowest budget in the league.'"
Agree with that bit, also we have had three of our best players from start of season taken and not replaced them with like...Newton/ Tronc/ Brough thats whats hurting us and no doubt John Kear too, HE had no control over those. We need to replace them with like players instead of settling for second best all the time. Even die hards have had enough. As an accountant for me Newton £ + Tronc £ + Brough £ does not equal Kirmond £ + Gledhil £ + Leano £

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

DA

Sorry I also forgot and probably many others have too.

When at HKR we were terrible thats is up to Brough getting sent off, then hey presto we start to look good and win.

Loosing DB did not set us back as much as people think.

The problem is that Cooke has set us back and I really think we would have been better if we had not even bothered to get a replacement for Brough.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg

Quote: Adam Knighton's Step "Taxi for the board I think. One way to M&S.

Even though we are a [iespecially[/i bad patch at the minute I still believe that Kear is a top quality coach and one of Wakefield's best assets.

- However, I would like one of the posters [iin the know (cough) well - the ones who claim they do - the ones who come on the forum state things about having inside knowledge, but oooooo I can't tell you - look how important I am[/i to give some genuine insight into the thought process/situation with Brough.

When the DB was been mooted - I remember been quite shocked - with him we could push top 4, have a play off game, maybe win one,maybe make the cup semi, - play in front of some decent crowds despite the [ivery[i] steep ticket price. Without him, drop out of the 8, became a glorified Harlequins, maybe finish 9/10th in front of abysmal crowds. All with franchise applications coming up. The prize money for positions alone, would have been significantly more than we recieved for DB - never mind the drop in gates.

While I don't think the 'board' have the nouse to realise this (i have an image of a [i]Bread[/i style family discussion around the kitchen table, mainly about M&S) I think that Kear probably did - so to alleviaite some of the frustraiton some of the fans are feeling - quite simply - what's the real story? I have heard the money rumours - but he was contracted to the end of the year - so what happened that meant we did not force him to see it out?'"

Your post would seem far more credible if you got your facts right. There is no more prize money for league position so the financial side of your agrument isn't correct.

Also Brough had a sulk on and it would have been a smart move to keep paying him whilst injured or playing in the reserves till the end of the season.

So like I said before letting him go wasn't the problem its the poor replacement what is.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I dont like kear but its not his fault half the side are past it or not good enough to be in superleague, you can only work with the budget youve got.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

Quote: Prince Buster "DA

Sorry I also forgot and probably many others have too.

When at HKR we were terrible thats is up to Brough getting sent off, then hey presto we start to look good and win.

Loosing DB did not set us back as much as people think.

The problem is that Cooke has set us back and I really think we would have been better if we had not even bothered to get a replacement for Brough.'"

Thought we were told Cooke was not for Brough especially as one a scrum half and one a stand off. who decides ......Ted/ JK/ Mick Robinson its very confusing

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4809No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15996.jpg
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north" "If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail":15996.jpg

Quote: Prince Buster "When at HKR we were terrible thats is up to Brough getting sent off, then hey presto we start to look good and win.

Loosing DB did not set us back as much as people think.'"

Too much is made of one performance in one game by Brough - he did far more good on the pitch in his spell here. It would be like comparing Korkidas to a world class prop for one run against Hull 6 years ago.

As you say, the key is not Brough going, but not replacing him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: feline "] Agree with that bit, also we have had three of our best players from start of season taken and not replaced them with like...Newton/ Tronc/ Brough thats whats hurting us and no doubt John Kear too, HE had no control over those. We need to replace them with like players instead of settling for second best all the time. Even die hards have had enough. As an accountant for me Newton £ + Tronc £ + Brough £ does not equal Kirmond £ + Gledhil £ + Leano £'"

You know something we dont?lol

I agree Feline,some people suggest people are crawling out of the woodwork or arent "proper supporters" when they critisize Kear.I ve had a season ticket for 25 years,ive booked and paid to follow my team in France,i have an addiction to my hometown club.I totally take on board that the player disruptions have not helped,but even these aside i dont think Kear is now getting the best out of what we have.I will be forever grateful to him for saving us from relegation,but some of his "coaching" decisions,tactics and selections leave me feeling hes been here too long.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach201No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2010Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Prince Buster "Your post would seem far more credible if you got your facts right. There is no more prize money for league position so the financial side of your agrument isn't correct.

Also Brough had a sulk on and it would have been a smart move to keep paying him whilst injured or playing in the reserves till the end of the season.

So like I said before letting him go wasn't the problem its the poor replacement what is.'"

Well clearly letting him go is a problem, as since we have sold him we have gone to pot.

So you're stating that Brough categorically said if you do not allow me to go then I will refuse to play? If this is the case - what had broken down to make a player act in such unproffessional manner.

Prize money or no prize money- the financial argument is still sound - 4 v 10th cup semi, play offs...

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20760
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: TURFEDOUT "And here in lies the crux of the problem.
Is he getting the best out of what we have?

I think we have an average squad,but the performances are below average,this is the coaches problem.

If the problems on the field have nothing to do with Kear,what is he employed for?I thought a coaches job was to motivate,instill desire,work on tactics and moves etc... --- none of these have been evident over the last few weeks.

If you think they are well coached,i respect your opinion.But becuase some feel the opposite doesnt make them idiots.'"

I agree a different opinion doesn't make them idiots.
What makes them idiots (and I realise that word is too strong) is the short term view of a coach who has been very successful with us but with some external issues that he didn't ask for now causing some problems for the team, they all call for his head.
If we don't win another game all season I could understand some unrest but we are a long way from that. We were good a few weeks ago, we aren't now.

At the beginning of the season a lot of coaches were moaning about poor preparation because their practise games were cancelled because of the weather. They all said it would take some time to adjust. Well if missing two practise games makes such a difference, surely losing your key playmaker during the season and then biggest off loader and also losing hooker through other personal reasons will have a bigger influence.

What would benefit the club most would be support from the fans in tough times. Not asking for sack after a few weeks poor results.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg

Quote: Adam Knighton's Step "Well clearly letting him go is a problem, as since we have sold him we have gone to pot.

So you're stating that Brough categorically said if you do not allow me to go then I will refuse to play?

Prize money or no prize money- the financial argument is still sound - 4 v 10th cup semi, play offs...'"

We have a policy at wakefield when a player makes it obvious he wants away let em go. I agree with that.

You only have to see how Tronc performed in the final weeks. You can't risk your higest earner doing that for the best part of the season!

I'll say it once more, an half decent replacement and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sorry forgot to add.. you get nothing for the play offs either so finacial arguemt dosn't stack up icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: PopTart "I agree a different opinion doesn't make them idiots.
What makes them idiots (and I realise that word is too strong) is the short term view of a coach who has been very successful with us but with some external issues that he didn't ask for now causing some problems for the team, they all call for his head.
If we don't win another game all season I could understand some unrest but we are a long way from that. [iWe were good a few weeks ago[/i, we aren't now.

At the beginning of the season a lot of coaches were moaning about poor preparation because their practise games were cancelled because of the weather. They all said it would take some time to adjust. Well if missing two practise games makes such a difference, surely losing your key playmaker during the season and then biggest off loader and also losing hooker through other personal reasons will have a bigger influence.

What would benefit the club most would be support from the fans in tough times. Not asking for sack after a few weeks poor results.'"

who were we good against. jk signed johnson,morrison, king, newton add latu to them allinjury prone players,he signed this squad. we have no tactics 5 drives and a kick, its boring rubbish. have you seen our crowds

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg

Quote: feline "]
Thought we were told Cooke was not for Brough especially as one a scrum half and one a stand off. who decides ......Ted/ JK/ Mick Robinson its very confusing'"

From what I heard Cookes biggest backer was JK.

Other point the game has changed they are all half backs nowadays in all fairness

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg

Anyway Its sunny and I'm off out now so I would just like to leave you all with a thought.

"one player dosn't make a team, but one player can disrupt it."

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

KEAR OUT NOW

183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.04931640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
8m
Wakefield Trinity Heritage Podcast - Season 3
JamieRobinso
12m
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
14m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
Jamie101
20m
Salford H Moved to Thursday
apollosghost
32m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
32m
Film game
Boss Hog
34m
Squad for London
karetaker
37m
bulls on Sunday
Highlander
57m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Salford H Moved to Thursday
apollosghost
28s
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
28s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
34s
Planning for next season
LeythIg
1m
Squad for London
karetaker
1m
bulls on Sunday
Highlander
1m
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
1m
Jamie101
1m
Round 27 HKR Away
FlyingScotty
1m
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
FlyingScotty
TODAY
Squad for London
karetaker
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Halifax A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
Huddersfield
TODAY
IMG
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
Highlander
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
the cal trai
TODAY
Jamie101
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside York Knights Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Old FC when we knew how to play rugby
mk_fc
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,397 80,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 Sat 21st Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 19th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Salford
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
SL 26 St.Helens40-4Castleford
SL 26 Wigan38-0Leeds
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 26 657 336 321 42
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 26 550 483 67 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 26 434 648 -214 18
Castleford 26 415 701 -286 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20