JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: snowie "morton by the sound of it on the radio put in two stonking tackles, for an expected lightweight he puts his body on the line'"

Him and Murphy the 2 stand outs, followed closely by BJ in my opinion. Plenty of positives but plenty to work on, job done though - roll on next week.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: The Trip "Good win,fingers crossed for Newton.'"

Was in a tracky at the end of the game, seemed OK to me - but I didnt even see what did for him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: rubber man "Who the heck am I to make this comment 190miles away but I don't like the concept of so many pivot players on the field. Would be interesting to know from those who travelled whether the lack of coordinated attack in their 20m is down to too many cooks. May get easier if Newton is crocked.'"

At times it did not work but we'll need to use them all before the season out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Tronc bashed em up with Korki down the middle, BJ injected pace into the game, Murphy played very well and young Morton never put a foot wrong. Sam tackled all the game.

Rusty as hell for both sides but plenty of promise to look forward to.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1314No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Oct 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

don't agree with some of the commentary comments but i didn't hear what was said. i don't know why the scrum where the "fight" started was given, perfect interception from broughy..unless anybody knows why ? also broughy made some big tackles out wide throughout the game. murphy to me was mom, he was taking it in like a prop at times and his reading of the game was excellent seeing as he hasn't played a proper competitive game in that position! ben jefferies played well and certainly injected some pace as said earlier and leo latu ! that guy certainly doesn't shirk ever !! thought he had busted his shoulder with 1 hit.
all in all with tough conditions and first game out away at quins wasn't a bad performance and things look good for the season if we can stay clear of injuries.

oh and wilkes's welcome from korki ?? wilkes bounced about 5 yards when he "attempted" to make the hit icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

tonight i will now icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

As with the other posters, Murphy, Moreton and BJ superb. No one had a bad game, although Morrisson gave away a few penalties early on at the ruck. Millard didn't get enough decent ball, but when he did, he almost put George away.

All credit to Quins, their defence was superb, they weren't being sucked in by anyone.

Enjoyed the game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg

Magic passed a cracker to LG and LG kicked it on for BJ, it seems its ok for BJ to be pushed two handed off the ball in front of Smith and two touchies, now i know they can't see everything but he saw a knock on from DB, or rather he dreamed one up.

Same old reffing standards for 2010.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: crowt123 "don't agree with some of the commentary comments but i didn't hear what was said. i don't know why the scrum where the "fight" started was given, perfect interception from broughy..unless anybody knows why ? also broughy made some big tackles out wide throughout the game. murphy to me was mom, he was taking it in like a prop at times and his reading of the game was excellent seeing as he hasn't played a proper competitive game in that position! ben jefferies played well and certainly injected some pace as said earlier and leo latu ! that guy certainly doesn't shirk ever !! thought he had busted his shoulder with 1 hit.
all in all with tough conditions and first game out away at quins wasn't a bad performance and things look good for the season if we can stay clear of injuries.

oh and wilkes's welcome from korki ?? wilkes bounced about 5 yards when he "attempted" to make the hit
Broughy just knocked on I thought, must have been the only one - just a tiny one but I think I saw it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Slugger McBatt "As with the other posters, Murphy, Moreton and BJ superb. No one had a bad game, although Morrisson gave away a few penalties early on at the ruck. Millard didn't get enough decent ball, but when he did, he almost put George away.

All credit to Quins, their defence was superb, they weren't being sucked in by anyone.

Enjoyed the game.'"

Subs in the second half were the main difference for me, our bench was much better and that was the difference that gave us more pressure.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It was noted on the radio about the strength of the Wakey bench.

RDM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach708
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not the greatest of matches, but Ian Smith didn't do the fans any favours with some of his decisions - a blatant knock on by Quins towards the end of the first half went unnoticed (meaning that instead of putting pressure on their line at the end of the half we had to keep them out for the last minute or so of the half) and I've absolutely no idea what sort of knock on DB was alleged to have made when he intercepted late on - I can't see that the fight would have happened if he hadn't called for the knock on.

Too much laying on at the tackles - I lost count of how many times Morrison was shaking his head in disbelief that Smith wasn't blowing flor a penalty.

Our defence needs working on. The last couple of years I think we've had a great goalline defence, but both Quins' tries - especially the first - were soft ones to be conceding at this level.

The fact there was only 3 props in the 17 was a massive weakness and for most of the second half we only had 1 prop on at a time! All 3 of them did play well, but we do need 2 props on the bench for every game.

Newton didn't look fit from the moment he came on. Obviously he picked up a knock in the 10 minutes or so that he was on the pitch, but he was blowing like he'd made every carry & every tackle during the course of a full 80 minutes after only being on there for 1 or 2.

JD's lack of match fitness was obvious - he did ok, but he never really looked like he was with the pace of the game. Hendo put in his typical performance (i.e. no passes) but we all know that's how he plays.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd have preferred to see King & Johnson in the 17 for Newton & JD - BJ should have started at 6 with Sam & TLL interchanging at hooker. I don't think Newton & JD were anywhere near full fitness, so if King & Johnson were left out because they were considered to be even further off match fitness it does make me wonder how unfit the rest of the squad outside the 19 must be right now!

Murphy was fantastic at full back & the way he took the ball from just in front of our own sticks to attack the gaps in the Quins kick-chase that created the try for BJ in the first half showed that Matt Blaymire has an awful lot of work to do if he wants his place back in the side. IMO if Blaymire had been at full back he'd have run straight into the nearest tackler rather than attacking the gap.

Overall, plenty of reasons to give us optimism for the season - but plenty that not only can, but must, be improved on for the rest of the season. If we do improve on what are minor, but fundamental, issues theres no reason why we shouldn't expect to be a serious challenge in both the league & cup this season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg
Mac out!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20337.jpg

Wakey deserved the win. The score reflects the game. Thought Jefferies went well, Broughy was quiet. See you at your place - Good luck for the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26368_1378623782.jpg
You know I've always been a dreamer:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26368.jpg

I haven't seen the game but it's great to hear positive reports regarding Aaron Murphy, hopefully he will have an injury free season and kick on from here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4980No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23909.gif
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin':23909.gif

Quote: RDM "Not the greatest of matches, but Ian Smith didn't do the fans any favours with some of his decisions - a blatant knock on by Quins towards the end of the first half went unnoticed (meaning that instead of putting pressure on their line at the end of the half we had to keep them out for the last minute or so of the half) and I've absolutely no idea what sort of knock on DB was alleged to have made when he intercepted late on - I can't see that the fight would have happened if he hadn't called for the knock on.

Too much laying on at the tackles - I lost count of how many times Morrison was shaking his head in disbelief that Smith wasn't blowing flor a penalty.

Our defence needs working on. The last couple of years I think we've had a great goalline defence, but both Quins' tries - especially the first - were soft ones to be conceding at this level.

The fact there was only 3 props in the 17 was a massive weakness and for most of the second half we only had 1 prop on at a time! All 3 of them did play well, but we do need 2 props on the bench for every game.

Newton didn't look fit from the moment he came on. Obviously he picked up a knock in the 10 minutes or so that he was on the pitch, but he was blowing like he'd made every carry & every tackle during the course of a full 80 minutes after only being on there for 1 or 2.

JD's lack of match fitness was obvious - he did ok, but he never really looked like he was with the pace of the game. Hendo put in his typical performance (i.e. no passes) but we all know that's how he plays.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'd have preferred to see King & Johnson in the 17 for Newton & JD - BJ should have started at 6 with Sam & TLL interchanging at hooker. I don't think Newton & JD were anywhere near full fitness, so if King & Johnson were left out because they were considered to be even further off match fitness it does make me wonder how unfit the rest of the squad outside the 19 must be right now!

Murphy was fantastic at full back & the way he took the ball from just in front of our own sticks to attack the gaps in the Quins kick-chase that created the try for BJ in the first half showed that Matt Blaymire has an awful lot of work to do if he wants his place back in the side. IMO if Blaymire had been at full back he'd have run straight into the nearest tackler rather than attacking the gap.

Overall, plenty of reasons to give us optimism for the season - but plenty that not only can, but must, be improved on for the rest of the season. If we do improve on what are minor, but fundamental, issues theres no reason why we shouldn't expect to be a serious challenge in both the league & cup this season.'"

first 10/15 we absolutely dominated field position but our attacking line was very poor. on their first attack quins showed how to run angles and we completely misread the play for their try - disappointing. for the rest of the half both teams were error strewn and as a spectacle it was very stop start.
2nd half was totally different, despite letting them make too much ground and conceding a very soft try we looked like we could score every time we got in their 20, especially down our left flank.

agree about the props, we cannot afford to go in so light against catalans or we will get mullered after the interchanges. king or bibb need to get up to speed quickly we cant manage with 3 for long. someone has mentioned henderson propping but i cant remember a time when 2 of the 3 weren't on the field, although i stand to be corrected.

newton did look knackered but he showed glimpses of what he is capable of before his injury. BJ was genuinely woeful for the first 5 minutes icon_smile.gif but in the 2nd half he played very well, hopefully a sign of what's to follow.

murphy was probably the best player on the pitch and his try was just reward for all our pressure and his personal display.

tronc was a handful and 2 offloads in his first 4 carries was very positive. he seemed to on the pitch a for long periods i hope we dont reduce his efffectiveness by keeping him on too long.

even though it worked out for the best in the end kear needs to stick to 2 half backs and 2 hookers imo, bite the bullet and drop someone. we dont need all five in the team its too many. obst had a bit of a shocker today all told although it would be harsh if he was the one to make way considering.

george was anonymous in the first half but in the second showed enough to make me feel confident he can carry on where he left off last season, hopefully millard will give him more supply than atkins did.

hendo got stuck in and whilst i'm not gonna wet myself over him like some do he deserves a lot of credit for his performance today. despite not passing the ball once he was full of strong running and got in their faces.

morton - well pleased with his contribution he looks to be improving with every game. as has been said made a couple of crunching tackles at least one leading to the ball being spilled.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach272No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39175_1290776175.jpg
Help me raise money for The British Heart Foundation by sponsoring my 2009 London Marathon attempt at www.justgiving.com/hopo2009:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39175.jpg

Not the best game in terms of quality but enough signs to smile about and two points from the first game is good.

Agree with above about the short of props/two many playmakers - thought murphy was outstanding and good performances from morton/bj and tronc

Great atmosphere from the Trin fans and really pleased to see how many packed in that stand, loved the banging the feet on the metal floor to create some real noise although my daughter was concerned we were going to bring the stand down!!

109 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
109 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4267578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC