FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > There is no shame or self pride.
85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3011
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16076_1338531824.jpg
[img:2ukpdlzh]https://i.imgur.com/1L50pOYm.png[/img:2ukpdlzh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16076.jpg

Quote: Wildmoggy "It's certainly quite interesting what you have put on here, but I don't think it's as ever simple as the clubs who have money are successful just like that. Let's go back to 1998, and since then look at who has been crowned league champions, winning the grand final in doing so, Leeds, Saints, Wigan & Bradford, that's it isn't it? Now I don't know the exact financial situations at Leeds, Saints & Wigan, but probably similar, as is probably the same at Hull & Warrington? Two clubs who have invested heavily in those 20 odd years, have excellent facilities, youth set-ups, stadiums, training facilities, corporate & sponsorship etc, etc, yet neither have been crowned league champions in that time, yes they have had success in the challenge cup, but not the holy grail of being top dogs. Money is no good if it's wasted, good decisions as re. Coaches, overseas players, signing the correct youngsters at the right time, discarding players at the right time etc, etc, all have to be gotten right more often than not. Leeds, Saints & Wigan very rarely seem to go more than 2 or 3 seasons without winning the grand final, although Leeds' dominance if you like has waned in the last 5 years or so. They make good decisions with the finances they have more often than not, Hull & Warrington haven't, yet like I've said are probably financially on a par with the 'big' 3. I think i'm right in also saying neither of them have finished top in over 20 years at the end of the regular season, unlike Cas & Huddersfield. Money is no guarantee of success, but can certainly help i'll give you that!
On reflection I think you're correct, it's not just about the money. Then again, it is a limiting factor. You can't be successful in the professional era without money, but money doesn't guarantee success, especially in a salary-capped sport. If I were a multi-millionaire I could buy a stadium and facilities, but I couldn't just buy the best 25 players in the world.

So, the question really is, "what makes a club successful?"

From the data, I think we can safely say that Wigan have been a more successful club than Wakefield over the last 126 years. What is it about them that maintains that level of success? It has to be more than the modern requirements of facilities and youth structure because they've achieved it in every era, not just the fully professional one. What stops Warrington from being 'successful'?

Other clubs, like Wakefield, have been at the top in certain eras when all the stars align, such as Swinton, Oldham or Salford.

What's special about Wigan (other successful clubs are available) Is it their refusal to accept failure or mediocracy? Pride? Tradition?

Maybe Leeds are the model to follow? They only won 3 championships before 2004 (61, 69 & 72) an nothing before the 60s, much like Wakefield. Maybe they've always been a big club, just an unsuccessful one until recently.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain851No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: coco the fullback "On reflection I think you're correct, it's not just about the money. Then again, it is a limiting factor. You can't be successful in the professional era without money, but money doesn't guarantee success, especially in a salary-capped sport. If I were a multi-millionaire I could buy a stadium and facilities, but I couldn't just buy the best 25 players in the world.

So, the question really is, "what makes a club successful?"

From the data, I think we can safely say that Wigan have been a more successful club than Wakefield over the last 126 years. What is it about them that maintains that level of success? It has to be more than the modern requirements of facilities and youth structure because they've achieved it in every era, not just the fully professional one. What stops Warrington from being 'successful'?

Other clubs, like Wakefield, have been at the top in certain eras when all the stars align, such as Swinton, Oldham or Salford.

What's special about Wigan (other successful clubs are available) Is it their refusal to accept failure or mediocracy? Pride? Tradition?

Maybe Leeds are the model to follow? They only won 3 championships before 2004 (61, 69 & 72) an nothing before the 60s, much like Wakefield. Maybe they've always been a big club, just an unsuccessful one until recently.'"

Well ironically Leeds threw money about like there was no tomorrow in the 80's & 90's, all those big name players, yet like you say from 2004 having invested in youth, became successful, with the likes of McGuire, Burrow, Sinfield etc, etc. Being successful occasionally is obviously far easier than sustaining it over 10, 20 years. I would just settle for what Salford have done recently! I started mid 80's as a kid, what have we done? Won the Yorkshire cup in '92 & the First division G/F in '98..............think that's it?!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2740
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76475_1531151403.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76475.png

Quote: Wildmoggy "Well ironically Leeds threw money about like there was no tomorrow in the 80's & 90's, all those big name players, yet like you say from 2004 having invested in youth, became successful, with the likes of McGuire, Burrow, Sinfield etc, etc. Being successful occasionally is obviously far easier than sustaining it over 10, 20 years. I would just settle for what Salford have done recently! I started mid 80's as a kid, what have we done? Won the Yorkshire cup in '92 & the First division G/F in '98..............think that's it?!'"

Hope you don`t mind me butting in here Moggy, haven`t really been following the thread but on this comment; I often wonder if Leeds were just extremely lucky with the likes of Burrow, Sinfield, Hall and McGuire coming through at the same time and playing to that level or if somewhere along the line Leeds have neglected placing so much emphasis on youth development as I really can`t think of that many very good products to come from Leeds for a good few years and you quite often here of them throwing young players to one side and them going on to make a good player away from Leeds.

I think there is probably an argument to be had, that been able to bring in some top talent to throw in with your homegrown players helps there chances drastically of becoming a good standard SL player, especially in the very early stages of there careers and I would probably think in the positions like wingers were they are provided with a platform to look very good if they can take there chances and also are very rarely let down by the blokes inside of them in defence.

Wigan are said to have an endless conveyor belt of talent ready to step in, I don`t really question that but I do think been at Wigan definitely helps them and I often wonder if the likes of Liam Marshall came through at Wakefield at the same time as Dale Morton did, would there stories have been a whole lot different?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain851No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: homme vaste "Hope you don`t mind me butting in here Moggy, haven`t really been following the thread but on this comment; I often wonder if Leeds were just extremely lucky with the likes of Burrow, Sinfield, Hall and McGuire coming through at the same time and playing to that level or if somewhere along the line Leeds have neglected placing so much emphasis on youth development as I really can`t think of that many very good products to come from Leeds for a good few years and you quite often here of them throwing young players to one side and them going on to make a good player away from Leeds.

I think there is probably an argument to be had, that been able to bring in some top talent to throw in with your homegrown players helps there chances drastically of becoming a good standard SL player, especially in the very early stages of there careers and I would probably think in the positions like wingers were they are provided with a platform to look very good if they can take there chances and also are very rarely let down by the blokes inside of them in defence.

Wigan are said to have an endless conveyor belt of talent ready to step in, I don`t really question that but I do think been at Wigan definitely helps them and I often wonder if the likes of Liam Marshall came through at Wakefield at the same time as Dale Morton did, would there stories have been a whole lot different?'"

Don't mind at all! You make some good points, and yeah luck does come into play, as with lots of other things. Those Leeds youngsters mentioned are probably players that come along in a group maybe every 25, 30 years given their talent? Same at Man Utd, with Giggs, Neville, Scholes etc, but would they have been as successful without the guiding hand of Sir Alex?! There are obviously loads of elements into the making of a successful team aren't there, my argument is it just simply isn't down to money, but i'm sure history shows it's harder without money! Don't get me wrong also, I know how hard it is for clubs like ours to get hold of 15 to say 18 year old kids, who have potential, and how they always seem to end up at Wigan, Leeds, Saints etc, obviously at that age parents have a big say etc. as to where they end up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Quote: Wildmoggy "Don't mind at all! You make some good points, and yeah luck does come into play, as with lots of other things. Those Leeds youngsters mentioned are probably players that come along in a group maybe every 25, 30 years given their talent? Same at Man Utd, with Giggs, Neville, Scholes etc, but would they have been as successful without the guiding hand of Sir Alex?! There are obviously loads of elements into the making of a successful team aren't there, my argument is it just simply isn't down to money, but i'm sure history shows it's harder without money! Don't get me wrong also, I know how hard it is for clubs like ours to get hold of 15 to say 18 year old kids, who have potential, and how they always seem to end up at Wigan, Leeds, Saints etc, obviously at that age parents have a big say etc. as to where they end up.'"

"Success breeds success" seems to be the obvious quote to use here. Players are drawn to joining successful teams and so the better players inevitably end up at the more successful clubs. Those clubs can then pick and choose which ones are going to be top notch and discard the rest for the less successful clubs to pick up the pieces.
In the same way (and failure is a harsh word but) failure breeds failure. Clubs get so used to not achieving success that we accept any slight blip as a massive achievement and then expect to fall away again. That in itself then influences your ability to pick up and retain talented players.
In my eyes you probably need to get 2 or 3 sustained seasons of better than expected achievement to then be able to start building from. We've managed 1 or maybe even 2 but not been able to sustain it longer than that.
How we get that catalyst is another thing entirely and not something I have an answer to, sadly!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2072No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76816.jpeg

Leeds were known for not paying the best wages ,but could attract the quality of the players by offering them a much better chance of winners medals than signing for another team for more money but less chance of silverware. This dangling of the carrot certainly seemed to work in the sinfield era

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20472
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Kettykat "Leeds were known for not paying the best wages ,but could attract the quality of the players by offering them a much better chance of winners medals than signing for another team for more money but less chance of silverware. This dangling of the carrot certainly seemed to work in the sinfield era'"

I've heard that said a lot and I don't doubt it's true, but equally, I'm sure their top players weren't poor.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2072No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg

Your right pop tart I doubt it would be a pittance, and can turn out be a very short career for some unfortunately . But I do think the draw of medals will have swayed some players into not chasing the wage as apposed to the glory . Unfortunately for us at this present time we can offer the lower wages no problem but would come unstuck when offering the glory . Having said that I would dearly love our club to be in that situation in years to come. I’m hoping the new revamp spurs us all on to bigger and better things .

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20472
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Kettykat "Your right pop tart I doubt it would be a pittance, and can turn out be a very short career for some unfortunately . But I do think the draw of medals will have swayed some players into not chasing the wage as apposed to the glory . Unfortunately for us at this present time we can offer the lower wages no problem but would come unstuck when offering the glory . Having said that I would dearly love our club to be in that situation in years to come. I’m hoping the new revamp spurs us all on to bigger and better things .'"

Absolutely
To be honest, above a certain value, I'd chase the glory too.

Its not just that Leeds pay less. We can I'm sure offer one of their players more than Leeds, we'd just have to reduce the rest of the team wages.
So a player like Peacock as an example could earn more with us, but he'd be on his own, getting battered and winning less than he loses.
At Leeds, earning slightly less, he plays with others of equal calibre, enhancing his value if he does move and more likely to get International honours along the way.

Fifita and TJ are good draws for us. Until his recent issues maybe, players would probably have come to play here because Fifita is here. As a centre you'd want to play alongside Tom.
But when we are struggling with those guys being injured or not playing because they don't want to wear a tracker (!) we end up with Gigot or Innes, with the greatest respect, who no one else wants.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2575
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Do not get this Leeds paid poor wages A few year ago Wakefield went after two of Leeds second team .Both said they did not won't to come ,as they were getting paid more to play in the Leeds second team ,than what Wakefild were offering for them to play in the first team

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: alegend "Do not get this Leeds paid poor wages A few year ago Wakefield went after two of Leeds second team .Both said they did not won't to come ,as they were getting paid more to play in the Leeds second team ,than what Wakefild were offering for them to play in the first team'"

Because it's nonsense. Leeds along with Wigan, Saints, Hull, and Warrington pay top wages, usually, way way more than we do.

What they don't have to do is pay over the odds. If we offer a player X and Leeds match it, the player will generally go to Leeds for overwhelmingly obvious reasons. So Leeds doesn't pay low, they just don't have to pay higher. Interestingly it's less effective with overseas players, who will generally follow the money despite the crud they spout about new challenges.

This is why by comparison most of our SL stars have usually been overseas players as we can't compete at a domestic level.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20472
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

I think the difference that players stay at Leeds for more than they could get rather than what we could offer.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2072No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg

Quote: alegend "Do not get this Leeds paid poor wages A few year ago Wakefield went after two of Leeds second team .Both said they did not won't to come ,as they were getting paid more to play in the Leeds second team ,than what Wakefild were offering for them to play in the first team'"
b
Simple really ,where are these players going to get winners medals ,wakefield or Leeds. As we’ve seen first hand injuries play a big part in any league campaign, would have thought it was a no brainier really , get a chance of a winners medal at leeds or zero chance at wakey . Leeds have always have had bigger ambitions than wakey ,and a young lad starting out would find it hard to resist if called on by the loiners over wakey
It was Sinfield himself who stated this some years ago not some silly chip oil talk

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1319No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

i think if we beat leigh the times we play them that might be enough to survive

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13606
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: BOJ042 "i think if we beat leigh the times we play them that might be enough to survive'"

I wouldn't sit comfortably if we only had 4/6 points this season. I certainly wouldn't be expecting to stay up.

85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.1328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
4m
Leeds
the-bearded-
7m
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
18m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
30m
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
39m
Planning for next season
Lower Crease
58m
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
60m
Batley next
Start@1873
Recent
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
FIL
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Jayden Okunbor
bonaire
39s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
42s
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
46s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
52s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
1m
2025 Recruitment
herr rigsby
1m
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
1m
Leigh h
apollosghost
1m
Reserves
BigTime
1m
IMG scores
FIL
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
FIL
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,322 ↑5180,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10