JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well whoever looses this one will either stay or end up at the bottom, so only 2 teams with no points.
Same old same old up to press.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36076
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: FIL "Miller failed his h.i.a so is automatically ruled-out for Friday, but assuming Walker is fit then he is the obvious replacement ??
Willie said last week that Gaskell and Hood are still a couple of weeks off.'"

This is a tricky one for some.

They all hate Miller and love Walker.

So theoretically this loss is a win?

I’m more than happy to see Walker and Lino play at HB.

Truth is and it will break some hearts is that the only real loss is Jowitt should that happen.

I’m struggling to see any options other than Robbie Butterworth?? He did ok on Boxing Day and in the reserves at FB.

Raw though he is I’d rather see him there than a SR. At least he knows the position.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76816.jpeg

This injury prone malarkey I don’t buy into ,it’s a contact sport and things twang or break that’s just a fact . Surprised how miller throws himself into tackles he doesn’t get Concussion every other week . Some of Johnstone’s head knock were inconspicuous but they all count and so we lost one of our best attacking weapons for extended periods . We have far more strings to our bow this season with the youngsters stepping up to the plate ,but obviously still need a decent spread of youth and experience to succeed. Most team will suffer this throughout the season , we’ve just had a particularly tough start with the fixture list ,but for me apart from the first 40 against leeds we have been competitive and more ,keep the faith .

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player560No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Whose going to be missing that makes up half a team.

Even if we had 8.5 players unavailable that doesn’t necessarily equate to half the team that would have been picked.

This is my point, you only take the worst case.

Lyne will be back as will Hall. We don’t know if Jowitt is in trouble.

We don’t know regarding Miller.

Gaskell may well be fit.

In truth the only obvious players I know of who almost certainly won’t play is Hood and Lineham.

Croft can certainly play.

Let’s see what happens before we claim we are half a team down, please.'"

You have a very unpleasant habit that seems to pervade a lot of your rambling pompous posts which is telling me (and other posters) what I think or what my motives are , this is something that you are patently not qualified to comment on so don’t.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

it might not be a relegation decider right now but if we lose this one we'll look back view it the one game that sunk the ship.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1692No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "You’re right and o was a bit harsh calling Kirmudge a drama Queen even though he was a bit
Comical you feel the need to bring me in to conversations you’re having with other people which are nothing to do with me

Pathetic
Childish
Not able to spell ‘but’ correctly

But most obviously of all, you are clearly obsessed with me

RankPostsTeam
International Star5198
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The bottom line is that we had better hope that Jowitt or any of our other players don’t receive a ban because we will be going into the game with a very young and inexperienced back line. We are also having to play with a less than desired hooking situation but that is the gamble we chose to go with squad wise. I think the club knew this hence the request not to have a go at the team when results or performances go against us.
If Jowitt does miss out then it is another academy player we are throwing into an already depleted team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1790No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47728_1289163201.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47728.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "The bottom line is that we had better hope that Jowitt or any of our other players don’t receive a ban because we will be going into the game with a very young and inexperienced back line. We are also having to play with a less than desired hooking situation but that is the gamble we chose to go with squad wise. I think the club knew this hence the request not to have a go at the team when results or performances go against us.
If Jowitt does miss out then it is another academy player we are throwing into an already depleted team.'"

Lets cross our fingers regarding Jowett and hope we does'nt pick up a ban but with our luck he probably will,
But i can't see a young inexperience player playing fullback we must have a better option maybe Kay, Crowther and Bowes can cover the hooking roll.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: cheshirecat57 "Lets cross our fingers regarding Jowett and hope we does'nt pick up a ban but with our luck he probably will,
But i can't see a young inexperience player playing fullback we must have a better option maybe Kay, Crowther and Bowes can cover the hooking roll.'"

God no. Please don’t put Crowther at 9.

I do not get this fascination to willingly play players out of position.

If we are missing a full back (which I don’t think we will) then why would you …

Play Kaye in an unfamiliar role at 1 resulting in playing Crowther in a position he is not suited for at 9..

Just bring in Butterworth who is an actual full back and keep Kaye and Crowther in their preferred/natural positions.

Honestly I just don’t get why you’d play 2 players out of position instead of just bringing in 1 young full back in.

That is exactly one of the reasons Chester repeatedly failed. Playing players out of positions to plug gaps. In most cases it simply does not work and ends up being detrimental to the team. Let’s gamble on Kaye at full back and while we are at it stifle our threat from 9…

Jowitt couldn’t adjust and the Leeds player fell awkwardly. It was just one of those things and Jowitt flew past him due to this. Looks like he got caught by a leg or boot if anything but I honestly don’t know what people expect Max to do? He can’t stop running full tilt on a player who unexpectedly fell in front of his legs. He couldn’t stop and if he’d carried on he’d probably have booted Newman in the head or stood on his head. Sometimes unfortunate things happen but the suggestions max slid in are ludicrous imo.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46934.jpg

I’m not sure the Jowitt one is as bad as people are making out so hopefully he’ll play. If not, Kay to full back and Crowther to cover hooker with Bowes. Whitbread can play loose and Walker at six. That’s how I’d go anyway.

Also, regrading Butterworth, he’s not showing as being in the first team squad. Wasn’t there a rule that when a player played SL their wage automatically went up to a certain amount? I think it stopped for the first year of Covid but not sure if it’s back in play? I reckon that’ll be a factor if so.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Trojan Horse "God no. Please don’t put Crowther at 9.

I do not get this fascination to willingly play players out of position.

If we are missing a full back (which I don’t think we will) then why would you …

Play Kaye in an unfamiliar role at 1 resulting in playing Crowther in a position he is not suited for at 9..

Just bring in Butterworth who is an actual full back and keep Kaye and Crowther in their preferred/natural positions.

Honestly I just don’t get why you’d play 2 players out of position instead of just bringing in 1 young full back in.

That is exactly one of the reasons Chester repeatedly failed. Playing players out of positions to plug gaps. In most cases it simply does not work and ends up being detrimental to the team. Let’s gamble on Kaye at full back and while we are at it stifle our threat from 9…

Jowitt couldn’t adjust and the Leeds player fell awkwardly. It was just one of those things and Jowitt flew past him due to this. Looks like he got caught by a leg or boot if anything but I honestly don’t know what people expect Max to do? He can’t stop running full tilt on a player who unexpectedly fell in front of his legs. He couldn’t stop and if he’d carried on he’d probably have booted Newman in the head or stood on his head. Sometimes unfortunate things happen but the suggestions max slid in are ludicrous imo.'"

Kaye would be excellent cover at FB.
As you say, it comes down to how the rest of the side is affected by any changes.
He's (Kaye) has been going great at 9 and there is no doubt that there would be a significant minus by not having him in that position.
Mind you, Bowes is getting better and better and if we spell him with Crowther at 9, it's not too shabby at all.

Putting a young las at FB would be a huge risk and there is no doubt that he would be targeted.

Let's hope Jowitt plays though, he's been right up there so far, a quality FB

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Kaye would be excellent cover at FB.
As you say, it comes down to how the rest of the side is affected by any changes.
He's (Kaye) has been going great at 9 and there is no doubt that there would be a significant minus by not having him in that position.
Mind you, Bowes is getting better and better and if we spell him with Crowther at 9, it's not too shabby at all.

Putting a young las at FB would be a huge risk and there is no doubt that he would be targeted.

Let's hope Jowitt plays though, he's been right up there so far, a quality FB'"

I just think throwing in Butterworth is the lesser of the two evils and we will lose too much without Kaye at 9. Then again Bowes seems to have a big engine so maybe if he can do 60 minutes it would be ok for Crowther to step in for 20.

Luckily its Pochings problem and I’m still firmly in the positive camp so I’m sure they will get it right this week.

Probably discussing something that won’t happen anyway.

We need to put Toulouse to bed from minute one and crush their soul.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20759
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Trojan Horse "I just think throwing in Butterworth is the lesser of the two evils and we will lose too much without Kaye at 9. Then again Bowes seems to have a big engine so maybe if he can do 60 minutes it would be ok for Crowther to step in for 20.

Luckily its Pochings problem and I’m still firmly in the positive camp so I’m sure they will get it right this week.

Probably discussing something that won’t happen anyway.

We need to put Toulouse to bed from minute one and crush their soul.'"

For me, I'd go with the kid. He knows his position. Give him a shot. If it fails. Kay is on the bench anyway so all the other options are still open to us.

Ideally it's Max that's playing.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player2025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "For me, I'd go with the kid. He knows his position. Give him a shot. If it fails. Kay is on the bench anyway so all the other options are still open to us.

Ideally it's Max that's playing.'"

I believe butterworth is more an half back than full back as full back is arguably hardest postion to play which carries alot of pressure so for me id go with kaye there should max get banned with kobe poaching been interchange hooker with bowes

128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.40771484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent