JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34236.jpg
[img:1yv09n11]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/newgroundb4cas.gif[/img:1yv09n11] UP THE TRIN !!!!:34236.jpg

Quote: Slugger McBatt "I wasn't there today due to other commitments but on the whole I'm not bothered about the result. The players could have flogged themselves to death and the reality is that we would have lost.

For me, the season starts next week. We need three wins from the next six. Just draw a line underneath the start of the season and start from now. Bradford have got a tougher six weeks than we have. Blow this next period until Easter and the panic might set in.

For me, the usual scenario is that we are plucky and gallant losers against the top sides but then pathetic and dire against the teams around us. Well, we lost to the champions, away from home. I don't care how we played. How we play against Catalan interests me more.

New week, new start. Let's see how we are looking coming out of Good Friday.'"

It was the manner of the defeat! Easy for you to say when you werent there. Body language appauling. We paid good money yesterday we were a beaten team before we got on the pitch. Cant believe a coach can pick the same wing/centre combination that Fetherstone ran rings around. Agar seems to have a obsession with the forwards that wasn't the reason we lost yesterday yes it didn't help but our attitude was all wrong, tactics, pretence effort. VERY POOR icon_rolleyes.gif . Wigan were there for the taking. No doubt boots n all and SL show will say gallant effort by Wakefield but apart from a handful the performance was woeful.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: bren2k "I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment, but some of the players have to understand their role in this; if they look like they're giving 100%, they'll get support - it requires reciprocity.

I'm not one to bag individual players, but when it's right in front of your eyes that someone is not trying, it becomes very difficult to appreciate their efforts.'"

This sums it up for me. eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Given the team selection and looking at the games coming up I get the feeling that yesterdays game was treated by the coaching staff as nothing more than a training run for the main events over the next fortnight. I get the impression that the fall out of that tactic was that mindset being taken up by some of the players, hence an impression of them being at less than 100%. Whether this was really the case I don't know but it kind of looked that way from the outside looking in and it wouldn't be the first time Agar has used that tactic for the Wigan away game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34236.jpg
[img:1yv09n11]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/newgroundb4cas.gif[/img:1yv09n11] UP THE TRIN !!!!:34236.jpg

Quote: bren2k "I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment, but some of the players have to understand their role in this; if they look like they're giving 100%, they'll get support - it requires reciprocity.

I'm not one to bag individual players, but when it's right in front of your eyes that someone is not trying, it becomes very difficult to appreciate their efforts.'"

I agree effort must be there. Tatui gave 110% yesterday. What the hell were Sykes ko's about!That is not effort at all.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20854
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I do think we need to get the "there for the taking" thing clear.
The only players that were not regulars was Hampshire at full back who will clearly be their next big thing.
Manfredi on the wing
Greg Burke, who quite a few Wigan fans rate very highly and have been caling for his inclussion in the team.

All the others are first teamers though they have got some good rotation

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: Wakey Til I Die "Given the team selection and looking at the games coming up I get the feeling that yesterdays game was treated by the coaching staff as nothing more than a training run for the main events over the next fortnight. I get the impression that the fall out of that tactic was that mindset being taken up by some of the players, hence an impression of them being at less than 100%. Whether this was really the case I don't know but it kind of looked that way from the outside looking in and it wouldn't be the first time Agar has used that tactic for the Wigan away game.'"

Big gamble to think he can change 4 or 5 players next week and they will instantly perform good enough as a team to get the win. I would have understood the mentality if for example Wildie had been in the 17 (because McShane loses his effectiveness having to do 80 mins) and Washbrook had started at LF and Walshaw wasn't propping, but can't see how yesterdays team selection and performance put us any nearer to being capable of stringing a winning performance together.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

Quote: PopTart "I do think we need to get the "there for the taking" thing clear.
The only players that were not regulars was Hampshire at full back who will clearly be their next big thing.
Manfredi on the wing
Greg Burke, who quite a few Wigan fans rate very highly and have been caling for his inclussion in the team.

All the others are first teamers though they have got some good rotation'"

Weren't there something like 7 players who played in the WCC who didn't play? That being the case we had a better chance than normal to beat them and frankly never looked like doing so.

Off the top of my head 3 of their first choice three quarter line weren't playing nor Pettybourne

RankPostsTeam
International Star5615
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tricky2309 "Weren't there something like 7 players who played in the WCC who didn't play? That being the case we had a better chance than normal to beat them and frankly never looked like doing so.

Off the top of my head 3 of their first choice three quarter line weren't playing nor Pettybourne'"

Maybe so,but their squad as more quality in depth than ours and will allways have.They will always have the pick of the crop,that's what money and success does I'm afraid,when they played the Roosters that showed that even our best clubs are well behind the ARL.....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20854
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Tricky2309 "Weren't there something like 7 players who played in the WCC who didn't play? That being the case we had a better chance than normal to beat them and frankly never looked like doing so.

Off the top of my head 3 of their first choice three quarter line weren't playing nor Pettybourne'"

Bowen was out, replaced by Hampshire
Charnley was out replaced by Manfredi
Goulding was out but they already had Sargison in as a replacement so Gelling and Thornley were back in as normal first teamers.
Burgess is clearly now a star man so is a first teamer

Half backs were the same.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: PopTart "Bowen was out, replaced by Hampshire'"

And frankly, I'd have rather faced Bowen.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: vastman "Is it me?

I just don't get this.

We have played three of the most beatable teams we will face this season and lost to all three.

Yes Salford was close, but no cigar.

Bradford was a bad loss.

But Wigan was the worst for me. You can never call any Wigan team poor, but they will not put a more inexperienced and beatable team out this season but we never came close. Didn't really expect a win but there were 20 points separating us.

So if we can't run that Wigan team close what makes you think we will get close enough to any SL teams to beat them within the remainder of the season - I can't see it. Bradford are already just 2 points behind us and London look no worse than us. - I respect you as a poster Slugger but I find the comments you and others make a little complacent - as I say it could be me.

For me we could come out of the Easter games more or less relegated let alone in better shape.'"

That's fair comment, because of course I wasn't at the game. If I had paid my twenty quid and given up my afternoon, I would be a lot less happy. I'm looking at it purely from the perspective of the season.

Salford? Yes, not a better time to play them, but we had key players fresh off a plane, and if our second half was a reflection of how we will be, then it could come good. Bradford was the game that was the sickener, particularly because it was such a four-pointer. I'm just not ready to hit the panic button yet. If we can restart our season at the weekend and beat Catalan and then London, and beat either Hull KR or Cas, then the season starts to look a little brighter. If so, by June Bradford will look like just a bad day at the office, and the Wigan score will be one of those expected ones.

Win just two out of the next six, then I agree we are in real trouble, as the Bulls could well have overtaken us by then. If we can't stay above them with a six-point start, I agree we're out and deserve to be.

Performances aside, I just can't help feeling that we've only dropped two points from our expected haul so far. I'm not optimistic about the season, but I'm not one for the panic button.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7372.jpg

Not quite sure where the "There for the taking" comes from when you look at their line up, Charnley wasn't rested he was dropped for poor form and as Bren says, Hampshire offers more of a threat than Bowen right now. The rest are all first team and SL regulars

Hampshire,
Burgess,
Gelling,
Thornley,
Manfredi,
Green,
Smith,
Flower,
McIlorum,
Taylor,
L Farrell,
Bateman,
O'Loughlin.

Tomkins,
Crosby,
Burke,
Clubb.

RankPostsTeam
International Star354No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well guy,s i did not see the game so can not coment, so from a distance i,d say we put 24 points past the best superleague team on their own turf so if we can sort our defence out which we have bolsterd by adding nick scruton, well who knows we may be suprised.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3369.jpg
:3369.jpg

Quote: BRIGGY "Well guy,s i did not see the game so can not coment, so from a distance i,d say we put 24 points past the best superleague team on their own turf so if we can sort our defence out which we have bolsterd by adding nick scruton, well who knows we may be suprised.'"

I don't want it to sound like I'm taking too much away but one try was a one on one steal and two were from interceptions.

Point being your attacking will need to improve heavily for the rest of the season rather than rely on luck.

However Sammut and Tuatai looked very good.

RankPostsTeam
International Star915No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Are you serious that charnley was dropped ,I know he couldn't catch Jennings twice but he scored two trys in his last performance the world club championship is that bad form, if we dropped players out of form we wouldn't have a team

113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.5751953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ChampagneSup
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
17m