Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77371.jpg

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "I’m fully behind any player at the club who decides to take the knee. I won’t be with withdrawing my support.'"

The club is the employer of the players. The fans are the customers of the club. If the majority of customers don’t agree with the club’s employees actions of supporting an extremist leftist movement, the I urge the club management not to alienate its customers, by condoning its employees actions of supporting said extremist BLM movement. I will not support such actions. I pay to watch a game of rugby league, not a demonstration of support for an extremist movement.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20715
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Wow. Just wow.
I can't understand where you get some of this from.

Martin Offiah explained on the preview exactly why Black Lives are in focus and why saying black lives Matter does not take anything away from any other race.

The all lives matter comments and throwing words like terrorism around just shows how ill informed people are.

I think it's pretty clear that some people, too many people, regard a black life as less than any other. That is why there is focus on it.
It doesn't mean they are trying to take over. It means they want people to treat them exactly the same. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
If a group of people take that too far, whether starting a group with the same name or tearing down statues it takes nothing away from the point that although all lives matter, there is a definite need to point out that being black should not mean your life is at risk, and right now, in some places it does.

If taking a knee is the symbol of supporting people who believe black lives should matter more than they do in some peoples eyes right now then I'm all for it. It's not mandatory.
As Offiah said. Doing the Joining Jack symbol means you are supporting that cause. It doesn't mean you don't support other causes or that if you don't do it, that you don't support Jack.
But right now, the more people that take notice that the life of a black person is harder than that of a white person in modern society, for no reason than the colour of their skin, the better.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20338No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

In relation to players taking the knee then I have no problem at all with them doing so.

It is their right to exercise their beliefs just as it is people’s right to criticise them for it.

I do hope that it doesn’t become a weekly ritual like it did in the Premiership but if it does so be it. Who am I or anyone else to tell grown men how to behave if what they are doing is not breaking any laws of the land.

If they have had life experiences and a set of beliefs which means they feel strong enough to do it fair play to them.

Do I think they are showing support for a terrorist organisation? Absolutely not. They are showing support for an ideology that represents imbalance that they feel needs addressing.

It’s like saying people who use the “White Lives Matter” slogan are supporting the Neo-Nazi facist group that shares that name.

At the end of the day, hopefully these actions lead people to research the issues, stimulate positive conversations and inspire education around all the issues of race and inequality and then come to an informed decision, which ever side of the fence they fall.

If this action does that then in the long term in my opinion that can only be a positive.

I think it is highly ironic that people with extreme views either way try to make this topic a very black and white issue when it is far from it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2744
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77371.jpg

Quote: PopTart "Wow. Just wow.
I can't understand where you get some of this from.

Martin Offiah explained on the preview exactly why Black Lives are in focus and why saying black lives Matter does not take anything away from any other race.

The all lives matter comments and throwing words like terrorism around just shows how ill informed people are.

I think it's pretty clear that some people, too many people, regard a black life as less than any other. That is why there is focus on it.
It doesn't mean they are trying to take over. It means they want people to treat them exactly the same. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
If a group of people take that too far, whether starting a group with the same name or tearing down statues it takes nothing away from the point that although all lives matter, there is a definite need to point out that being black should not mean your life is at risk, and right now, in some places it does.

If taking a knee is the symbol of supporting people who believe black lives should matter more than they do in some peoples eyes right now then I'm all for it. It's not mandatory.
As Offiah said. Doing the Joining Jack symbol means you are supporting that cause. It doesn't mean you don't support other causes or that if you don't do it, that you don't support Jack.
But right now, the more people that take notice that the life of a black person is harder than that of a white person in modern society, for no reason than the colour of their skin, the better.'"

I’m sorry PT, but using your argument above, then you can have no objection to me producing a placard saying “white lives matter 2”. That doesn’t infer white lives matter more than any other. My objection to knee bending, it is the act of submission, to me it’s as offensive as the black gloves, clenched fist salute. We all see things differently, we all have different opinions.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: jonh "In relation to players taking the knee then I have no problem at all with them doing so.

It is their right to exercise their beliefs just as it is people’s right to criticise them for it.

I do hope that it doesn’t become a weekly ritual like it did in the Premiership but if it does so be it. Who am I or anyone else to tell grown men how to behave if what they are doing is not breaking any laws of the land.

If they have had life experiences and a set of beliefs which means they feel strong enough to do it fair play to them.

Do I think they are showing support for a terrorist organisation? Absolutely not. They are showing support for an ideology that represents imbalance that they feel needs addressing.

It’s like saying people who use the “White Lives Matter” slogan are supporting the Neo-Nazi facist group that shares that name.

At the end of the day, hopefully these actions lead people to research the issues, stimulate positive conversations and inspire education around all the issues of race and inequality and then come to an informed decision, which ever side of the fence they fall.

If this action does that then in the long term in my opinion that can only be a positive.

I think it is highly ironic that people with extreme views either way try to make this topic a very black and white issue when it is far from it.'"

Please explain to me where the imbalance and inequality exists in our society. We all have a right to a quality education, everyone uses the same transport systems, gyms, shops, hospitals, dentists, doctors. Everyone as the opportunity to become what they want in this country and il quote Morgan Freeman in this, failure is just an excuse to complain and moan. Lots of doctors in the nhs are now from foreign backgrounds. Let’s take Muslims, Indians, Chinese and Jews most of them have shops, taxis, businesses, restaurants and take aways so what is the problem. Il repeat again failure is an excuse for can’t be d, with hard work you can be a doctor, nurse, athlete, builder or anything you want to be. BLM is a far left dangerous group of people hell bent on causing trouble a movement that’s infiltrated the brain washed radicalised students and lecturers in our universities.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11887No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "I. BLM is stirring up hatred and division.'"

Brexit already did that.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "Please explain to me where the imbalance and inequality exists in our society. We all have a right to a quality education, everyone uses the same transport systems, gyms, shops, hospitals, dentists, doctors. Everyone as the opportunity to become what they want in this country and il quote Morgan Freeman in this, failure is just an excuse to complain and moan. Lots of doctors in the nhs are now from foreign backgrounds. Let’s take Muslims, Indians, Chinese and Jews most of them have shops, taxis, businesses, restaurants and take aways so what is the problem. Il repeat again failure is an excuse for can’t be d, with hard work you can be a doctor, nurse, athlete, builder or anything you want to be. BLM is a far left dangerous group of people hell bent on causing trouble a movement that’s infiltrated the brain washed radicalised students and lecturers in our universities.'"

Indeed. We also have the right to protest peacefully, which is what taking the knee is?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

People who are threatening to withdraw support from the club if the team does it, are you not trying to take away their choice to do so?

I’ve seen so many people defend Folau (an unsavoury character in the first place) for choosing not to take the knee, yet are threatening to stop watching if other players continue to do so.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20715
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "Please explain to me where the imbalance and inequality exists in our society. We all have a right to a quality education, everyone uses the same transport systems, gyms, shops, hospitals, dentists, doctors. Everyone as the opportunity to become what they want in this country and il quote Morgan Freeman in this, failure is just an excuse to complain and moan. Lots of doctors in the nhs are now from foreign backgrounds. Let’s take Muslims, Indians, Chinese and Jews most of them have shops, taxis, businesses, restaurants and take aways so what is the problem. Il repeat again failure is an excuse for can’t be d, with hard work you can be a doctor, nurse, athlete, builder or anything you want to be. BLM is a far left dangerous group of people hell bent on causing trouble a movement that’s infiltrated the brain washed radicalised students and lecturers in our universities.'"

The inequality comes from the assumption of who you are from the colour of your skin.
I'm a middle aged white guy. Everybody trusts that I'm ok on first meeting.

I have a friend who works in technology, more senior than me, comes from a wealthy family but is black. I was shocked to hear that when she started work with me someone told her that the toilets were blocked. They didn't ask what she did, they just assumed she was a cleaner.
Same as the friend who drives a really nice car because his parents can afford it, but gets stopped by the police constantly.

These things don't happen to me. The extreme is in the US with the cases we have seen but it happens here too. The rugby players on Sky yesterday explained similar experiences.
This whole taking the knee thing is just a way of highlighting it as many people don't even know it goes on or are doing it themselves.

Some people take it too far. I don't think I should be ashamed of my white privilege but as I purport to be a kind person I feel I should use my white privilege to highlight the issue.
It's similar to other issues like sex inequality and the pay gap...... Apart from the fact that in the BLM example people die because of the inequality so has suddenly had a ground swell of attention.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20715
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: Willzay "People who are threatening to withdraw support from the club if the team does it, are you not trying to take away their choice to do so?

I’ve seen so many people defend Folau (an unsavoury character in the first place) for choosing not to take the knee, yet are threatening to stop watching if other players continue to do so.'"

I agree. I find that ludicrous.

I really don't like Folou's beliefs but the no kneeling thing is of no harm to anyone and he has every right. I kind of applaud him for making his own decision even though its different to mine.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: Willzay "Brexit already did that.'"

If I was you I’d get over it before it eats away at you and makes you poorly

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20338No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

A very quick and simple example case in the UK is that of Philip Lawrence and Steven Lawrence.

1 a white head teacher who was tragically murdered outside his school doing his job.

The other a teenager who was stabbed to death in a race related attack despite being initially vilified at the time as a member of a gang etc by some sections of the press, accusations made because of his skin colour.

1 of these cases was investigated, solved and the murder sent to prison within a year.

The other case, the names of the perpetrators was handed to the police the day after the murder......19 years it took to get a conviction, institutional racism in the police force was blamed.

Stephen Lawrence’s life quite simply put did not matter as much in the eyes of those who are payed to protect society as Philip Lawrence and that was down to the colour of his skin.

That’s obviously a high profile case but there are plenty of others out there.

Like I said I’m not coming on here and preaching I respect your right to hold your opinion as much as I respect the players and others right to kneel before the game if they so wish I can’t walk a mile in your shoes just like I can’t walk a mile in theirs I can only go off what I see to form my beliefs on the subject.

The radical Black Lives Matter Group is a dangerous group and so is the Neo Nazi White Lives Matter Group. I don’t think in general many taking the knee or using white lives matter slogans are directly supporting either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg

Quote: PopTart "The inequality comes from the assumption of who you are from the colour of your skin.
I'm a middle aged white guy. Everybody trusts that I'm ok on first meeting.

I have a friend who works in technology, more senior than me, comes from a wealthy family but is black. I was shocked to hear that when she started work with me someone told her that the toilets were blocked. They didn't ask what she did, they just assumed she was a cleaner.
Same as the friend who drives a really nice car because his parents can afford it, but gets stopped by the police constantly.

These things don't happen to me. The extreme is in the US with the cases we have seen but it happens here too. The rugby players on Sky yesterday explained similar experiences.
This whole taking the knee thing is just a way of highlighting it as many people don't even know it goes on or are doing it themselves.

Some people take it too far. I don't think I should be ashamed of my white privilege but as I purport to be a kind person I feel I should use my white privilege to highlight the issue.
It's similar to other issues like sex inequality and the pay gap...... Apart from the fact that in the BLM example people die because of the inequality so has suddenly had a ground swell of attention.'"
Am I white privileged, I get up at 3 in the morning and drive a truck 12 hours a day or was my grandad and cousins who worked down the pit and died in their 50s or does it make you white privileged if you’ve got a nicer car or house than a black person. You say inequality comes from an assumption from the colour of someone’s skin but everyone as an opportunity to do well and make something of themselves. What your basically saying is most white people look at a black person and judge them on appearance and first impressions which I find quite bizarre. Il put this to you the you along with BLM have no idea what people want, unless you want the police abolished and agree with people marching in paramilitary uniform and balaclavas in London.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20715
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "Am I white privileged, I get up at 3 in the morning and drive a truck 12 hours a day or was my grandad and cousins who worked down the pit and died in their 50s or does it make you white privileged if you’ve got a nicer car or house than a black person. You say inequality comes from an assumption from the colour of someone’s skin but everyone as an opportunity to do well and make something of themselves. What your basically saying is most white people look at a black person and judge them on appearance and first impressions which I find quite bizarre. Il put this to you the you along with BLM have no idea what people want, unless you want the police abolished and agree with people marching in paramilitary uniform and balaclavas in London.'"

The last line is a stupid comment. I'm going to ignore that bit.

The knowing what's in people's mind bit I agree I don't. However there are many many examples that show unconscious bias against black people.
I don't think anyone should get a free ride, just the same opportunities.

There is a difference between being privileged and having white privilege. Most white people including me wouldn't even know you had it, unless you see the black guy being treated differently to you.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3061
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76901_1662991480.jpg
We're all Trin aren't we?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76901.jpg

I'm sick of all this BLM nonsense.
It makes me laugh.
I have first hand experience of racism from society as someone of mixed race.
It was here in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and now all the way to 2020.
Taking a knee, going on a march will not make a jot of difference.
No one was interested in "BLM" until the episode in the USA.
Racism - of all types - will always be with us no matter what happens.

690 posts in 47 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
690 posts in 47 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.6904296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
RD 25 Hull FC H
leeds owl
1m
Call for funds
Listenup94
6m