FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > IMG Announce Proposed Criteria for Super League 2025
321 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13741
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: JINJER "What date is Khlav? I know, and we're the butt of the joke.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2752
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77371.jpg

Posted on the RL site @ 12.30pm today

Reimagining Rugby League – Update

Clubs and other members of the Rugby League Council have today been informed of changes to the club grading criteria for the Reimagining Rugby League proposals, under which clubs will be rewarded for the extent of their community engagement.
Following extensive consultation with clubs and Community Rugby League representatives in the weeks since the proposals were first presented to Council on March 9, the Catchment category has been renamed “Community” and will include points under the proposed model for clubs’ positive impact in the communities in which the sport is based and played.
Such activity will be worth up to 2.5 points of the maximum 20 on offer and therefore carries a significant impact, and will now combine each club’s fanbase potential with a rating for their Foundation – the charitable bodies linked to clubs which drive much of their community and participation activity.
This will be measured on the Foundation’s turnover, with a maximum of 1 point available – and the previous Catchment category now worth a maximum of 1.5 points (having previously been up to 2 points).
The Finance pillar will now carry a maximum of 4.5 points, compared to the original 5.
There has also been a small amendment to the Digital section of the Fandom pillar, with a greater emphasis on overall engagement.
In addition, details of the Minimum Standards that will support the club grading criteria have been circulated – with further details to be supplied to clubs via conference call next Wednesday (April 12), before a meeting of the Rugby League Council votes on whether to accept the recommendations on April 19.
These standards have been broken down into eight categories, including Community Game Development – requiring clubs to have a registered Foundation and an engaged Community Development Plan to be graded A or B – and Talent and Performance Pathway, which will also be necessary to be graded A or B, with a Women’s team required for a Grade A Talent and Performance Pathway as well as complying with the Player Welfare Policy.
There are also Minimum Standards around Anti-Doping, Environmental Sustainability and compliance with Rugby League’s Professional Club Governance Code – which includes Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Clubs can lose grading points for failing to comply with the standards, while the remaining three categories cover breaches of the Operational Rules (including Salary Cap), of other regulations, or the existing Insolvency Policy – again, with penalties stipulated.
Tony Sutton, the RFL’s Chief Executive Officer, said: “The RFL and RL Commercial are grateful to clubs and other Council members for their constructive engagement since the proposals were presented last month.
“Throughout the process, we have worked with our strategic partner IMG to keep stakeholders informed – including supporters through the media and our own digital channels.
“Our aim for the period since the proposals were first presented has been simple - that going into the vote, clubs will be making an informed choice.
“As a result of feedback, we have worked with IMG to amend the club grading criteria to provide greater recognition for clubs’ engagement with their communities through their Foundations – which strengthens the category previously known as Catchment.
“The development of Foundations has been one of the great successes of Rugby League in recent years – enhancing the contribution the sport makes in the communities in which it is established – so it is absolutely right that this is now included in the criteria.
“The Minimum Standards underpin the club grading criteria – we have been working with clubs to introduce such standards in recent years, and this process helps us embed best practice that clubs currently show with the aim of raising standards more widely to the advantage of the sport as a whole.
“Crucially, this process remains democratic as well as informed and transparent. The clubs and other Council members will decide later this month whether or not the sport accepts the recommendations that overwhelmingly last Autumn we as a game asked IMG to develop for us and bring forward. We look forward to dialogue continuing over the coming weeks.”

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I've forgotten.
Does Talent and Perfornance Pathway include the academy?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2752
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg

Quote: PopTart "I've forgotten.
Does Talent and Perfornance Pathway include the academy?'"

I don’t know PT, I don’t think JM mentioned that part when he discussed the IMG criteria at last night’s shareholders meeting. Today’s statement by IMG doesn’t specify Academy, but isn’t the lack of Academy grading the reason most clubs asked for the criteria to be reviewed.

I’ve just noticed this Tweet by the Game Caller, I’m not sure if the review was about minimum standards, unless having an Academy is part of Minimum Standards.

Whilst the community changes are welcome. It feels like the RFL/IMG have responded to Keighley’s strong criticisms of the historic lack of application of minimum standards. The RFL/IMG has acted and will now punish and remove points from
clubs that don’t meet minimum standards.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6818No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: Dunkirk Spirit "I don’t know PT, I don’t think JM mentioned that part when he discussed the IMG criteria at last night’s shareholders meeting. Today’s statement by IMG doesn’t specify Academy, but isn’t the lack of Academy grading the reason most clubs asked for the criteria to be reviewed.'"

After what appears to be a considerable length of time spent consulting and building this criteria it doesn’t I still confidence that modifications and changes are already taking place.

Not that I don’t agree with them.

Academy and pathways should most certainly feature significantly in the criteria I would think. We need to increase player base for the future of the sport and the talent pool for all leagues in the sport.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

My question isn't so much about what IMG are doing.
More about, when people talk about Talent and Performance Pathway, does it include academy, or is that a different thing.
It's just terminology I'm wanting to clarify.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6818No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: PopTart "My question isn't so much about what IMG are doing.
More about, when people talk about Talent and Performance Pathway, does it include academy, or is that a different thing.
It's just terminology I'm wanting to clarify.'"

Completely agree, there’s no hood us just having the principals or headline criteria. We need detail to understand what each section entails.

I would imagine there will be one huge document containing all this but it would be a shame if more detail wasn’t filtered down to the fans of the sport.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Apr 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As I see it and I believe there is a change needed in RL but from what I read from the start of this, is that IGM have not been asked to look at growing RL at any sort of grass roots or academy level only to grow RL to a wider ordinance by getting larger amounts of people to see the game.
For me we have entrusted to survival or RL league to a marketing team. Irrelevant if succeed or not they get paid. Will walk away in 12 yrs whatever state the game is in, whether or not it’s worked.
The RFL are totally to blame for this, just shows what a lack of leadership is in the RL by amateur, weak self indulgent individuals.Yes employ a marketing company, but to give them the keys to the mansion then what need is there for the RFL at all, as what will they be doing for their money?
The clubs of any part of the leagues should throw this out if they had any thought of the future of Rugby League and send them back to the drawing board and bring a new plan to the table which involves growing a stronger sport from the start.
Super league started all this were alright Jack attitude in RL. Easy in hindsight but monies from the sky deal should always have gone to the RFL central fund and distributed accordingly to clubs in each division with a good percentage kept by the RFL for growing a strong governing body like what happens in RU. Thank you again mr grab what you can Lindsey!!! Yes the RU clubs might be in the sh.t but christ the governing body could financially stand a small war and that makes them strong unlike us with a pi..poor and weak governing body.
This should be IGMs main objective, get a strong main body and sell the best action for more profit and grow participation in the sport not just the marketing rights.
About time RL clubs stood up to the idiots that believe they run an amazing governing body!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2752
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg

Quote: comeontrinity "As I see it and I believe there is a change needed in RL but from what I read from the start of this, is that IGM have not been asked to look at growing RL at any sort of grass roots or academy level only to grow RL to a wider ordinance by getting larger amounts of people to see the game.
For me we have entrusted to survival or RL league to a marketing team. Irrelevant if succeed or not they get paid. Will walk away in 12 yrs whatever state the game is in, whether or not it’s worked.
The RFL are totally to blame for this, just shows what a lack of leadership is in the RL by amateur, weak self indulgent individuals.Yes employ a marketing company, but to give them the keys to the mansion then what need is there for the RFL at all, as what will they be doing for their money?
The clubs of any part of the leagues should throw this out if they had any thought of the future of Rugby League and send them back to the drawing board and bring a new plan to the table which involves growing a stronger sport from the start.
Super league started all this were alright Jack attitude in RL. Easy in hindsight but monies from the sky deal should always have gone to the RFL central fund and distributed accordingly to clubs in each division with a good percentage kept by the RFL for growing a strong governing body like what happens in RU. Thank you again mr grab what you can Lindsey!!! Yes the RU clubs might be in the sh.t but christ the governing body could financially stand a small war and that makes them strong unlike us with a pi..poor and weak governing body.
This should be IGMs main objective, get a strong main body and sell the best action for more profit and grow participation in the sport not just the marketing rights.
About time RL clubs stood up to the idiots that believe they run an amazing governing body!!!'"

I have to agree with you, and I think its fair to say, I’m still no wiser re the points system,
Below is another link with just a little more information, but I’m still no wiser.
e.leeds-live.co.uk/_act/link.php ... d=11474281
Quote: comeontrinity "As I see it and I believe there is a change needed in RL but from what I read from the start of this, is that IGM have not been asked to look at growing RL at any sort of grass roots or academy level only to grow RL to a wider ordinance by getting larger amounts of people to see the game.
About time RL clubs stood up to the idiots that believe they run an amazing governing body!!!'"

I have to agree with you, and I think its fair to say, I’m still no wiser re the points system,
Below is another link with just a little more information, but I’m still no wiser.
e.leeds-live.co.uk/_act/link.php ... d=11474281

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "My question isn't so much about what IMG are doing.
It's just terminology I'm wanting to clarify.'"

All conveniently very vague. It seems they have just brought the minimum standards part which is already there into the scoring system. It’s unlikely going to change much at all. The RFL have somewhat backed themselves into a corner by having a two-tier academy system. By awarding some clubs elite licences and also refusing other clubs bids to have them, even when they wanted to run one, they have created a situation where it would be unfair for it to be judged on on quality and results alone. For now they will likely have to just have a ‘junior pathway’ in place, which could be a full elite academy set up or could be a college link up and/or basic junior set up. It will probably be tightened up down the line but right now they’ve created a rod for their own backs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5290
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

My take on all the IMG proposals is that it is nothing more than page after page of corporate speak. It has no depth or clarity and is open to interpretation and manipulation. It has therefore delivered what it was always intended to do, and that is to give unlimited power to a few clubs to dominate this sport in their own self interest.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Why would they do that though?

There needs to be more detail but most of the points are valid for me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13741
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Out of interest, have we seen any targets IMG have to hit? Have we seen any strategic plan of where they want the game to go? Or is the goal just purely to make the game more commercially successful with no KPI's?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

There are three ways of looking at how to grow the sport.

There is the IMG commercial model, which is create an exciting and vibrant top-flight, with lots of fans and engagement, with millionaire owners and sponsorship and TV money. The extra interest in the game because of the vibrant top flight, will spread the game and increase interest, with a spin-off of more grassroots involvements.

This first option is aimed at the top teams in super league and growing the game.

There is the growth model, which is invest heavily in grassroots and create an even playing field amongst all the clubs.

This second option doesn't necessarily improve the top flight nor create extra business money or sponsorship or TV money, but does create a healthier growth in heartland areas.

The third option is to carry on as we are and see how it goes.

In reality, the first model has more chance to deliver what IMG have been instructed to deliver. The second model is a strong heartlands game, but IMG weren't instructed to make sure Fev and York have a good academy. The believe is that the survival of the game is dependent on TV money and sponsorship, with the growth lower down spinning off that success.

I agree with that approach, but the conflict sums up the problem of a largely regional game. The top clubs want big crowds and vibrancy. The smaller clubs, like us, want to be able to sit at the top table, even if we can't deliver the same. Is the future of the game dependent on Fev doing well? I hope not.

It is different in Aus, where the same local conflicts are not played out in the same way. Here, our strength is our strong local support. It is also our biggest weakness.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Maybe I'm just paranoid but, the "tweaking" of criteria will be centred around who they want to have in SL.

Lets just think that, there is little point in having their consultation, if this will result in the same 12 clubs remaining in SL.
Therefore, who do they want in and who do they want out.

The criteria will fit this narrative.

321 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
321 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.34326171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
9m
Rumours thread
vastman
17m
Tonights match v HKR
Philth
21m
Leigh it is
MadDogg
26m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Sir Gregory
38m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
46m
Isa 1 year extension
Cherry_Warri
47m
Proposed rule changes 2025
YosemiteSam
47m
TV games not Wire
100% Wire
48m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Neruda
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Offy86
3m
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
3m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
3m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
4m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Neruda
5m
YosemiteSam
5m
TV games not Wire
100% Wire
6m
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Philth
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Cherry_Warri
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
terry silver
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
YosemiteSam
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,203 ↓-15580,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29

20:00
Hull KR
10-8
Warrington
Ashton Try, Not Converted
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL
LIVE
Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22