JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It is very hard to say something positive when you have to experience a game like that. Cas were very ordinary but better disciplined and fitter than us but Wakey were dire. They looked like a pub team. I can see nothing but another kicking on Monday and frankly it is difficult to see when our next win will come.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: bren2k "I didn't say he can't tackle - I said he can't defend; Cas waltzed through him for 3 tries yesterday and Justin Carney threw him around like a rag doll with one arm on two occasions, with the ball safely pouched under the other. It's not an acceptable level of performance for a senior player - simple as that.'"

Fair point. I agree with your point anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36067
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: hard team to follow "Were a poor side we lost 3 matches in our last 15 games yes we was not good today it is a good job for you.'"

So what, we had stats like that last season and the one before - doesn't make you a good side, you're decent like we should be.

With the players we both have we should be a match for each other, the fact that we were not points the finger clearly at us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

Quote: vastman "So what, we had stats like that last season and the one before - doesn't make you a good side, you're decent like we should be.

With the players we both have we should be a match for each other, the fact that we were not points the finger clearly at us.'"

Read back what you said - tell me do you honestly believe that?

To correct HTTF, it's actually 4 defeats in last 15 games (SL and CC).

However, losing only 4 games in over half a season is a fantastic record. Doing that for a whole season would make you top four material (Wigan got 35 points last season in 4th).

In my book, that makes a very good side irrespective of whether it's Cas, Wigan, Wakey or Hull. Any side that wins games and does so consistently is a good side.

Cas have tremendous depth this season and a great positive work ethic. We also have a lot of Cas academy players who have a passion and willingness to fight for the club. Wakefield have some decent players but they also have a lot of distinctly average players too and depth evaporates after the first 17 players or so in to young kids with little experience. Not going to shy away from fact that Cas have some average players too but we have a lot of players pushing themselves to the next level.

For these reasons, plus we have had a much more settled side in that we've added and lost very few players, I think it's almost expected for Cas to be a better side. Providing you stay in Super League and can build on this squad it will be interesting to see how you are in say 12-14 months time and how the players are going then.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36067
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Fully "Read back what you said - tell me do you honestly believe that?

To correct HTTF, it's actually 4 defeats in last 15 games (SL and CC).

However, losing only 4 games in over half a season is a fantastic record. Doing that for a whole season would make you top four material (Wigan got 35 points last season in 4th).

In my book, that makes a very good side irrespective of whether it's Cas, Wigan, Wakey or Hull. Any side that wins games and does so consistently is a good side.

Cas have tremendous depth this season and a great positive work ethic. We also have a lot of Cas academy players who have a passion and willingness to fight for the club. Wakefield have some decent players but they also have a lot of distinctly average players too and depth evaporates after the first 17 players or so in to young kids with little experience. Not going to shy away from fact that Cas have some average players too but we have a lot of players pushing themselves to the next level.

For these reasons, plus we have had a much more settled side in that we've added and lost very few players, I think it's almost expected for Cas to be a better side. Providing you stay in Super League and can build on this squad it will be interesting to see how you are in say 12-14 months time and how the players are going then.'"

Oh give over, you're an ordinary side with no great strength in depth. Tremendous depth don't make me laugh you have no more "depth than we do. What you have is a Coach who knows his teams and gives them tactics to match and thus give their best. It's only a year ago with a similar team you were in our position.

I must admit I wondered when the Cas deluded gene would set in - please feel free to go into crowing mode at the end of the season but for now I'd suggest you keep your powder dry eusa_hand.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

We have six fresh faces in our squad this weekend, which shows our depth. We're also missing Dorn, Dixon and Gilmour too, who won't feature at all.

We also have 23 players who have all played more than 20 Super League games and experience across the squad. Only a couple of our squad are youngsters with Clare and Fleming having between 10 and 20 appearances too. And Finn, who was inexperienced before this season. That's around 20% of our squad.

Not delusional at all - it's a fact. People like Molloy, Crowther, Jowitt, Dan Smith, Shulver and Briscoe are all players with inexperience at this level. Add in Siejka (inexperienced and young), Walshaw, Annakin and Keinhorst (who are like Clare and Fleming), that makes up a large proportion of your squad to come in when injuries hit. That's 33% of your squad.

We have very good depth which is why many people have put forward the argument of quantity over quality in the media. Well the first is a good point and arguably we have shown that the players have quality too.

But returning back to the thread title, I thought you played very well on Friday and would have probably backed you to go on and win had you had Lauitiiti and Tautai to call upon off the bench. Experience in Huby and Lynch, plus talent like Clark turned the game again. If you can perform to the level of the first 20 mins of the second half, exposing the weaknesses in the three quarters, then I can't see why you can't pick up more points. People may be looking at your results and underestimating you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: Fully "We have six fresh faces in our squad this weekend, which shows our depth. We're also missing Dorn, Dixon and Gilmour too, who won't feature at all.

We also have 23 players who have all played more than 20 Super League games and experience across the squad. Only a couple of our squad are youngsters with Clare and Fleming having between 10 and 20 appearances too. And Finn, who was inexperienced before this season. That's around 20% of our squad.

Not delusional at all - it's a fact. People like Molloy, Crowther, Jowitt, Dan Smith, Shulver and Briscoe are all players with inexperience at this level. Add in Siejka (inexperienced and young), Walshaw, Annakin and Keinhorst (who are like Clare and Fleming), that makes up a large proportion of your squad to come in when injuries hit. That's 33% of your squad.

We have very good depth which is why many people have put forward the argument of quantity over quality in the media. Well the first is a good point and arguably we have shown that the players have quality too.

But returning back to the thread title, I thought you played very well on Friday and would have probably backed you to go on and win had you had Lauitiiti and Tautai to call upon off the bench. Experience in Huby and Lynch, plus talent like Clark turned the game again. If you can perform to the level of the first 20 mins of the second half, exposing the weaknesses in the three quarters, then I can't see why you can't pick up more points. People may be looking at your results and underestimating you.'"

Imo we did not play well on Friday, it was more a case of Cas not hitting the heights of previous weeks and that's the worry for me. You played probably as bad as you have done all season and still put 40+ past us.

Agar imo is incapable of picking the best 17 in their correct positions, motivating the team, giving the team any structure in attack or defence. In fact as a coach I am not sure what he is good at.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Talking a good game nothing else

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38504_1335209582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38504.jpg

As things stand I think Cas are a team of average players, with 2 or 3 class players, who are responding to superb coaching. We can only hope to attain their level before the season ends.

Absolute master stroke by Powell to have the team run in front of the Cas fans before kick off, and the Cas fans did their bit and got the team fired up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png

Quote: Tricky2309 "Imo we did not play well on Friday, it was more a case of Cas not hitting the heights of previous weeks and that's the worry for me. You played probably as bad as you have done all season and still put 40+ past us.

Agar imo is incapable of picking the best 17 in their correct positions, motivating the team, giving the team any structure in attack or defence. In fact as a coach I am not sure what he is good at.'"

You have better judgement having watched Wakey play for 80 minutes every week but the game only ran away in the final 15 minutes or so. Once the drop goal went over heads went down and you imploded. The scoreline, IMO, doesn't reflect the game. 33-20 would have been more representative.

At 10-0 I had visions of the game turning into a rout but you steadied the ship and got back into it and the game became an arm wrestle. It's not a discipline issue (only giving away 1 penalty) you're facing but for me morale and motivation. There doesn't seem to be anyone capable of breaking a tackle or busting their gut for the team. Nothing to rally the players to the cause.

In terms of ourselves, it's a mark of us when we can say we didn't play well but I thought our performance at Salford was worse if I'm being honest. But I still believe credit has to be given to you for taking us away from our gameplan and forcing us into making silly errors.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tricky2309 "Imo we did not play well on Friday, it was more a case of Cas not hitting the heights of previous weeks and that's the worry for me. You played probably as bad as you have done all season and still put 40+ past us.

Agar imo is incapable of picking the best 17 in their correct positions, motivating the team, giving the team any structure in attack or defence. In fact as a coach I am not sure what he is good at.'"

Exactly right

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wakeyrule "As things stand I think Cas are a team of average players, with 2 or 3 class players, who are responding to superb coaching. We can only hope to attain their level before the season ends.

Absolute master stroke by Powell to have the team run in front of the Cas fans before kick off, and the Cas fans did their bit and got the team fired up.'"

Pains me to say it but I disagree. Castlefod have some very impressive forwards who moved them up the pitch with great power and speed. Carney is frightening. Shenton is a very impressive centre. They are a gunuine top 6 side THANKS TO APPOINTING A COACH WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING icon_frustrated.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wakeyrule "As things stand I think Cas are a team of average players, with 2 or 3 class players, who are responding to superb coaching. We can only hope to attain their level before the season ends.

Absolute master stroke by Powell to have the team run in front of the Cas fans before kick off, and the Cas fans did their bit and got the team fired up.'"

Id agree with this in the main! We have a mixed squad with regards talent. I'd say we have two world class players in Clark and carney backed up with some good players in shenton,huby,hauraki and millington who IMO is one of the best overseas players in the comp.

One thing that keeps coming out of the club and from darryl is the culture within the club is now first class, players enjoy training and enjoy been together,you can't under value those qualities in a club it's infectious from top to the bottom of the club from the terraces to the board room everybody has bought into it and long may it continue.

Darryl Powell deserves great credit has does Danny Orr and Ryan Sheridan who were all good players in there own right but the biggest factor has been Steve gill whose enthusiasm and love for the club is there for all to see.

These are qualities that small clubs like ours must have to have any chance to succeed against the bigger clubs.

Wakefield had it under John harbin and can have it again but you need the right people steering the club!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star5043
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Carney isn't World class by a country mile but he is a superb domestic player who terrorises other average to poor domestic players. Put him up against another very good defensive player/team and he doesn't look quite the same.

Clarke is international standard but you don't attain World Class until you can consistently stand out against the best in the world, he might do that in future years but he hasn't yet.

Huby is another international standard player but still hasn't had the chance to step up yet. Shenton looked second best to Collis until Collis picked up an injury but Shentons a very good player if slightly past his best maybe due to injuries.

Cas are a decent team who are very well coached and have three or four excellent game breakers who will capitalise on the half chances offered when opposition teams fatigue.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51581_1309939310.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51581.jpg

Quote: The Avenger "Carney isn't World class by a country mile but he is a superb domestic player who terrorises other average to poor domestic players. Put him up against another very good defensive player/team and he doesn't look quite the same.

'"

Totally agree but I would love him to play for us.

However if I had the pick of 2 SL wingers it would be Joe Burgess and Tommy Makinson

81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.96630859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Fantastic Mr
5m
Shopping list for 2025
weaver93
6m