JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not being picky jakeyg95 but Grix won't be turning out for England in Melbourne, he's Irish.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Adam_Harrison9 "

Love the way you parasite off the back of others, never got the bottle on your own have you Adam tut tut

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: jakeyg95 "Why what's wrong with it? Centre is probably our weakest position so it's no surprise that I think the team that is top of the league is better stocked in that position. Tupou might be a stronger runner than Arundel, but Arundel is far better at bringing his winger into play, and our wingers are our biggest strength so you'll have to forgive me for preferring centres who bring them into play. Tupou is also a bit iffy under high kicks.

As for Hardaker v. Grix, I'm pretty happy with Grix as Wakey full back but lets not kid ourselves. Hardaker will likely be the starting full back for England come the World Cup, so I look forward to you suggesting then that it should be in fact Scott Grix lining up for England in Melbourne against Australia, presumably followed by everybody laughing at you (again), you throwing a hissy fit (again) and then accusing the moderators of being Stalin like dictators for letting people pick on you (again).'"

You're still wrong on every level doesn't matter how abusive you get - you know very little about RL - have a chat with Adam he's about your level...s s

RankPostsTeam
International Star901
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "You're still wrong on every level doesn't matter how abusive you get - you know very little about RL - have a chat with Adam he's about your level...s s'"

You're in no position to tell anyone how much they know about RL if you think Scott Grix is better than Zak Hardaker. Probably the only person who agrees with you is Scott Grix's mum.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74926_1554763186.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74926.png

I'm not Grix's Mam..icon_smile.gif
Scott Grix is worth more than the sum of his parts to Wakey, would Hardaker offer more ?.....I dunno, its a hypothetical question and only really deserves a pass the time of day discussion, at present, I wouldn't swap.
But there is something not right about Hardaker and its not easy to put a finger on, but he isn't the uninhibited natural with attitude that he was imo.
What I find more interesting is Hardaker 2015 vs Hardaker 2017, somewhere in there, he lost an edge ?.....but maybe he gained something else ?
Whatever, I don't think it was worth the trade off, he's playing ok in a team playing way above ok.
For a couple of years he was ripping it up in a way above ok Leeds team, yet hasn't pulled any trees up since, so... give us a clue.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42181_1527427546.jpg
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround." An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42181.jpg

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif he's playing a lot better then "ok" .

RankPostsTeam
International Star901
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Upanunder "I'm not Grix's Mam..
Well he was the Man of Steel for a team that won the treble in 2015, something Scott Grix never has done and never will do. Admittedly he was crap last year, but that was in a team that was pretty crap all round and he supposedly had some pretty bad personal issues to deal with which will have effected his game loads. Plus he was hardly the consumate professional before that anyway. Now he's got away from Leeds he looks to be back to his best, playing extremely well in a team that is playing some of the best rugby any team has played for years. He's always been regarded as one of the best full backs around defensively and the questions marks over his game were more to do with things in attack, yet this season he's leading the league in try assists so he looks to have improved there. I've just had a look at Betfred and he's currently the second favourite to be Man of Steel again this season, whilst they aren't even offering odds for it to be Scott Grix. Grix is a good player, one of our best so far this season, however Hardaker has been one of the best in the league full stop. I don't understand how it's even remotely controversial to argue that Hardaker is better, in fact, I'd say it's pretty dumb to try and argue otherwise (although it's to be expected from Vastman).

RankPostsTeam
International Star1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Love the way you parasite off the back of others, never got the bottle on your own have you Adam tut tut'"

Except i'm the only one on here not hiding behind a pseudonym. It just makes me laugh - i remember first posting on here and seeing you for what you were straight away (old fashioned, out-of-date, "they-don't-make-'em-like-they-used-to" bully boy) and calling you out on it. I got a warning from the board back then but now it seems finally most people have woken up. Things is when you post without the hyperbole, exaggeration and over-defensive nonsense you make some decent contributions but it's hard to try and get involved seriously given the tone and nature of half your responses.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74926_1554763186.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74926.png

Quote: jakeyg95 "Well he was the Man of Steel for a team that won the treble in 2015, something Scott Grix never has done and never will do. Admittedly he was crap last year, but that was in a team that was pretty crap all round and he supposedly had some pretty bad personal issues to deal with which will have effected his game loads. Plus he was hardly the consumate professional before that anyway. Now he's got away from Leeds he looks to be back to his best, playing extremely well in a team that is playing some of the best rugby any team has played for years. He's always been regarded as one of the best full backs around defensively and the questions marks over his game were more to do with things in attack, yet this season he's leading the league in try assists so he looks to have improved there. I've just had a look at Betfred and he's currently the second favourite to be Man of Steel again this season, whilst they aren't even offering odds for it to be Scott Grix. Grix is a good player, one of our best so far this season, however Hardaker has been one of the best in the league full stop. I don't understand how it's even remotely controversial to argue that Hardaker is better, in fact, I'd say it's pretty dumb to try and argue otherwise (although it's to be expected from Vastman).'"

Yeah well, looks like you both have something in common then.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11895No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: jakeyg95 " Now he's got away from Leeds he looks to be back to his best, playing extremely well in a team that is playing some of the best rugby any team has played for years.'"

Years? How far back are we going here?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain189
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Wrong on every count I'm afraid, not your best effort.'"

agree I think Tupou has been in outstanding form... Lynne was playing so well and Arundel looks assured and confident...

loving the choices...

and that players are covering injury and really playing for their places!

Grix was good when he played for us previously but he has matured well and seems a little more resilient this season (or maybe lucky!)

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain189
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

ps not really into the debate that this clubs player is better than that clubs player... a team is the sum of its constituent parts ... and then some (called synergy)

the synergy of the Cas team is currently outstanding... the synergy of Trinity is very very good....

would love to see both these teams achieve some success and silverware this year....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5771
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: Spookdownunder "ps not really into the debate that this clubs player is better than that clubs player... a team is the sum of its constituent parts ... and then some (called synergy)

the synergy of the Cas team is currently outstanding... the synergy of Trinity is very very good....

would loveh to see both these teams achieve some success and silverware this year....'"

Even though I dd enter the debate about who's better than who, like I said in my first post, it's so hard to compare players from different teams, just down to the human part of it objectivity, plus how the team sets it's self up, the structures they play under and the jobs each player has been given. Which might not get the best out of then perosnally, but it's for the teams greater good.

Anyway, win or lose I just hope we have a real close local derby. Where both teams bring their A games and we see some of the games better players show exactly why they're that. Forwads smashing into each other and the halves and the backs, produce soome scintillating RL. Hopefully of couse we just pinch it. icon_cool.gif

PS, love the word Synergy and describes RL very well at times.

PHe
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Shifty Cat "Even though I dd enter the debate about who's better than who, like I said in my first post, it's so hard to compare players from different teams, just down to the human part of it objectivity, plus how the team sets it's self up, the structures they play under and the jobs each player has been given. Which might not get the best out of then perosnally, but it's for the teams greater good.

Anyway, win or lose I just hope we have a real close local derby. Where both teams bring their A games and we see some of the games better players show exactly why they're that. Forwads smashing into each other and the halves and the backs, produce soome scintillating RL. Hopefully of couse we just pinch it. .'"

I prefer 2+2=5 icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star901
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Willzay "Years? How far back are we going here?'"

I would say they're probably playing the best brand of attacking rugby since the last great Saints side of around 2006, which is a refreshing change to Michael Maguire/Shaun Wane style rugby and makes it slightly easier to stomach the fact that they're currently favourites to win the league (thankfully I don't think they will though).

108 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
108 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

13.7724609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MattyB
8m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
11m