FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Er what was that????
85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46934.jpg

I hate losing to Cas even if it's a friendly. Even last season I would rather have gone full strength than rest players for the semi final a week later. The staff and the players need to to know how important it is as well, and under no circumstances is anything less than a win acceptable. No matter how good or bad either team is.

However, I don't mind admitting they are a pretty decent side at the moment so bringing them down a peg or two would be even sweeter.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I hate losing to Cas too and love beating them more than any other team.
My best friend is a Cas fan and we didn't talk for over two months after the million pound game.

But I also want the best for Wakefield. The most important thing is to be as high as we possibly can in the league and cup competitions.

I'd rather be 4th when Cas are 2nd than 9th when they are 10th.
It would still irritate me that they took some gloss off out success but it is still more success for us.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1196
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".:

I suppose the best I can say is that at least you're honest about it vasty. Leeds have always been the traditional rival for Cas (well for my generation anyway) & as you alluded to the rivalry got nasty as a result of the stadium race & relegation. I agree that the previous CEO at Cas did not behave as a CEO should, but that was a two way street. Glover & Elston taking to social media about Cas town (not the club) was as unprofessional as I've seen by any CEO or chairman. The behaviour of all three was a big factor in the trouble at BV a few years back.
The perceived love in between SG & MC is a good thing & I think you do SG a bit of a disservice. As I understand it SG has assisted a fellow novice SL chairman as GH did him when he first took the role on. Professional rivalry is a good thing & they both seem to get that. The hatred you seem to have for us is over the top & simply not necessary or perhaps I've mellowed, having in laws as wakey fans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: steadygetyerboots-on "I suppose the best I can say is that at least you're honest about it vasty. Leeds have always been the traditional rival for Cas (well for my generation anyway) & as you alluded to the rivalry got nasty as a result of the stadium race & relegation. I agree that the previous CEO at Cas did not behave as a CEO should, but that was a two way street. Glover & Elston taking to social media about Cas town (not the club) was as unprofessional as I've seen by any CEO or chairman. The behaviour of all three was a big factor in the trouble at BV a few years back.
The perceived love in between SG & MC is a good thing & I think you do SG a bit of a disservice. As I understand it SG has assisted a fellow novice SL chairman as GH did him when he first took the role on. Professional rivalry is a good thing & they both seem to get that. The hatred you seem to have for us is over the top & simply not necessary or perhaps I've mellowed, having in laws as wakey fans.'"

Why shouldn't vasty be honest and forthright in his views on all things Cas, he clearly despises everything about them as do a lot more on here.
Personally as far as your club goes it's no different to any other, most if not all of them will shaft us given the opportunity as has been proved since the birth of SL.
Your club has probably the best coach in SL and the players' aren't shabby either so what makes me and others despise the club, we took a lot of stick from your holier than thou fans on here over that smoke bomb let off by those two idiots at Cas, but were as expected quite hypocritically silent in their condemnation of their own fans, they were quite understandably silent when your fans did it at Bellevue, that along with the bottle throwing and the homophobic chanting your club was fined for, I can live with that to a certain extent but what I find unforgivable was when we beat you 21-0 at your place when on the way out the Wakey supporters had to endure children in front of their parents spitting at us trying to goad us, not to mention the women and children subjected to the glass throwing by those hero's outside that pub, there was one Norny lad in particular steady who you probably know your in laws do, Kev Snell cracking fellah took one right on his forehead and then ask yourself is vasty really over the top.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain189
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "I think that's an age thing as in how far you go back but hey I don't care who you pick as your enemy so long as you have one.

For me it's always Cas but tbh I think Mr Box and WMDC or Castlefordgrad Council has played a part in that - if they were in a different postcode then maybe not.

Also doesn't everyone hate Leeds?'"

Yes it's an age thing!!!☹️

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1196
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: chissitt "Why shouldn't vasty be honest and forthright in his views on all things Cas, he clearly despises everything about them as do a lot more on here.
Personally as far as your club goes it's no different to any other, most if not all of them will shaft us given the opportunity as has been proved since the birth of SL.
Your club has probably the best coach in SL and the players' aren't shabby either so what makes me and others despise the club, we took a lot of stick from your holier than thou fans on here over that smoke bomb let off by those two idiots at Cas, but were as expected quite hypocritically silent in their condemnation of their own fans, they were quite understandably silent when your fans did it at Bellevue, that along with the bottle throwing and the homophobic chanting your club was fined for, I can live with that to a certain extent but what I find unforgivable was when we beat you 21-0 at your place when on the way out the Wakey supporters had to endure children in front of their parents spitting at us trying to goad us, not to mention the women and children subjected to the glass throwing by those hero's outside that pub, there was one Norny lad in particular steady who you probably know your in laws do, Kev Snell cracking fellah took one right on his forehead and then ask yourself is vasty really over the top.'"

Im not saying he, or anyone else, can't be honest & if you spoke to the Cas fans I know you'd have heard the critical condemnation for most of the things you've listed. Unfortunately hate breeds hate & to continue to rile up oneself &/or others will only fuel the idiotic behaviour; can't you see that?
Perhaps the biggest difference between us though is that I don't really see that much of a difference. For every horror story you've seen, I'm sure I or another Cas fan could enlighten you with one just as bad where a wakey fan(s) were the perpetrator(s). I don't feel the need to have a measuring contest over who has the most idiotic fans; I just accept that there are plenty at every club, & go about my way trying to change their attitude - & for what it's worth I've had to pull up Cas fans inside & outside of grounds & will continue to do so regardless of which club they support or which town they're from.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5603
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Having worked with Cas fans for god knows how many years, I'm afraid it's Cas for me with Whinos a close second icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1841
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47943_1488655163.jpg
http://flightsandfrustration.com/ It is "Fifita" not "Fafita" If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed. Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time. Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47943.jpg

Quote: steadygetyerboots-on "Im not saying he, or anyone else, can't be honest & if you spoke to the Cas fans I know you'd have heard the critical condemnation for most of the things you've listed. Unfortunately hate breeds hate & to continue to rile up oneself &/or others will only fuel the idiotic behaviour; can't you see that?
Perhaps the biggest difference between us though is that I don't really see that much of a difference. For every horror story you've seen, I'm sure I or another Cas fan could enlighten you with one just as bad where a wakey fan(s) were the perpetrator(s). I don't feel the need to have a measuring contest over who has the most idiotic fans; I just accept that there are plenty at every club, & go about my way trying to change their attitude - & for what it's worth I've had to pull up Cas fans inside & outside of grounds & will continue to do so regardless of which club they support or which town they're from.'"

Totally agree Steady.

I personally don't "hate" any club. I take more pleasure out of beating Leeds and Cas than beating any other team in a league fixture. When it comes to it, then it would mean more to me to beat Leeds than it would Cas. Again, it could be an age thing but Leeds is a bigger scalp as far as I am concerned.

All clubs have idiots. I have a strong passion for my team and go through many emotions about them through a season. I do however have the perspective that it is a sport and only a game. No need for violence or bad behaviour.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1196
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: wildshot "Totally agree Steady.

I personally don't "hate" any club. I take more pleasure out of beating Leeds and Cas than beating any other team in a league fixture. When it comes to it, then it would mean more to me to beat Leeds than it would Cas. Again, it could be an age thing but Leeds is a bigger scalp as far as I am concerned.

All clubs have idiots. I have a strong passion for my team and go through many emotions about them through a season. I do however have the perspective that it is a sport and only a game. No need for violence or bad behaviour.'"

I'm not saying I haven't, or still don't, get caught up sometimes (my thoughts on Ben Thaler shame me!) but on the whole aren't we supposed to grow out of it?!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think the reaction of our fans compared to their fans, towards each other's new stadium plans says a lot to who are the bitter haters and also who's most scared of each other's potential.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: steadygetyerboots-on "I suppose the best I can say is that at least you're honest about it vasty. Leeds have always been the traditional rival for Cas (well for my generation anyway) & as you alluded to the rivalry got nasty as a result of the stadium race & relegation. I agree that the previous CEO at Cas did not behave as a CEO should, but that was a two way street. Glover & Elston taking to social media about Cas town (not the club) was as unprofessional as I've seen by any CEO or chairman. The behaviour of all three was a big factor in the trouble at BV a few years back.
The perceived love in between SG & MC is a good thing & I think you do SG a bit of a disservice. As I understand it SG has assisted a fellow novice SL chairman as GH did him when he first took the role on. Professional rivalry is a good thing & they both seem to get that. The hatred you seem to have for us is over the top & simply not necessary or perhaps I've mellowed, having in laws as wakey fans.'"

Sorry Steady I know your one of the more reasonable Cas fans but this alleged rivalry with Leeds is a one way fantasy.

Leeds united fans have a similar delusion with Man United but it's a one way rivalry as mufc fans have no interest in Leeds at all and never did have.

Up until the 1970's Wakefield were Leeds big local rivals Cas didn't register at all. Then when peter fox took over Bradford in the early eighties Bradford took over - again Cas never registered.

Then in SL it was deffo Bradford but some attempted to create one with Cas probably Eddie Hemings.

Truth is Fev are your historical enemy we are your current one like it or not. Unlike us Leeds want trophies and beating Cas is just another step on the ladder, that isn't a rivalry no matter how much you big yorseves up.

Leeds are generally a top four team and there rivals are the other top four teams at the time - so if you live up to the expecatations of some on here you'll have a bit of fun but don't kid yourselves. Leeds fans look down on Wakefield as a backwards town god only knows what they think about Cas.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you just make up the numbers like we do.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

Quote: vastman "Sorry Steady I know your one of the more reasonable Cas fans but this alleged rivalry with Leeds is a one way fantasy.

Leeds united fans have a similar delusion with Man United but it's a one way rivalry as mufc fans have no interest in Leeds at all and never did have.

Up until the 1970's Wakefield were Leeds big local rivals Cas didn't register at all. Then when peter fox took over Bradford in the early eighties Bradford took over - again Cas never registered.

Then in SL it was deffo Bradford but some attempted to create one with Cas probably Eddie Hemings.

Truth is Fev are your historical enemy we are your current one like it or not. Unlike us Leeds want trophies and beating Cas is just another step on the ladder, that isn't a rivalry no matter how much you big yorseves up.

Leeds are generally a top four team and there rivals are the other top four teams at the time - so if you live up to the expecatations of some on here you'll have a bit of fun but don't kid yourselves. Leeds fans look down on Wakefield as a backwards town god only knows what they think about Cas.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you just make up the numbers like we do.'"

You're wrong about Man Utd and Leeds.. they sing about Leeds at nearly every game. The famous We all hate Leeds chant.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Nope. Liverpool is the massive rivalry.
Leeds are nowhere near that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: TrinityIHC "You're wrong about Man Utd and Leeds.. they sing about Leeds at nearly every game. The famous We all hate Leeds chant.'"

No im not I've supported Man U since 1972 and I've been to well over a hundred games and I'll tell you now I've never heard them sing that not even when they play leeds!

I've not been to old Trafford since the early 2011 but then neither have Leeds.

If it helps the list is

Man u

Liverpool by a mile

City

Arsenal

Leeds united up there with derby county.

Wakefield

Cas recently

Leeds traditionally

Wigan for prestige

Castleford

Fev

Batley

Runcorn Highfield icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You don't know what you're talking about, been to enough LUFC manu matches in my time to know there's a big rivalry and they still sing about hating Leeds every time they're on tv. They knew about the rivalry when they met a few Wakefield whites in Rochdale a few years ago.

85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02490234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM