Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

I just wanted to say well done to the Wakefield team for their effort in the second half. It was certainly a game of two halves and whilst the majority of us probably expected more of the same from the first half, your lads responded excellently and made their intentions known within the first 5 minutes. You restricted us to very minimal ball and Agar got his tactics spot on.

I felt we were unlucky not go in at half time winning by more than 18, but I am sure you guys felt the same at full time.

I was saying before the game that Wakefield will be a real handful this season. Obviously you've lost some good players, but I think you've recruited and replaced them with players of equal stature if not better. Paul McShane was sensational in the second half and really took the game to us. Peta Godinet was another impressive performer and should go really well for you once he's settled in and got a few more training sessions under his belt.

I think your club tweeted that 850 Wakefield fans had made the journey over and well done on that. Shame about the d*ckhead element who booed an injured Rangi off the pitch (it was never deliverate - I was yards away).

Best of luck for the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "Shame about the d*ckhead element who booed an injured Rangi off the pitch (it was never deliverate - I was yards away).'"

Get those Rangi excuses down pat - you'll need 'em as the season goes on; just ask Dave!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

I'll believe my own judgement as well as that of the touch judge and referee that it was completely accidental (coincidentally we were all yards away) as oppossed to a minority of booing Wakefield b*llends who were over 40 yards away behind the sticks.

No excuse to boo an injured player.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29368.jpg
:29368.jpg

Quote: Jizzer "Difference today was the first half, we made too many silly errors and all the 50-50 calls seemed to go Salford's way. But even then in the first half i thought we looked more threatening than them with the little ball we had.
If i was a Salford fan i can't say i'd be too encouraged on that display, we pretty much took them apart in the second half when we were allowed some ball especially down their right side. Another one of them 'should have been' games for us today.'"

It was all about the result for us. Yes weve spent a lot of money but we are a new team and lost one of our key players early on. We showed a lot of enthusiasm and our forwards won a lot of the collisions in the first twenty mins. After that Wakefield were the better team and we was starved of any decent field position. We was fortunate to win and the game provided many more questions than answers on our team but we needed the win. When we have had good crowds in the past the team has folded without any fight so to win a tight game when we didn't play well cannot be underestimated. Cannot comment on the Chase incident as I didn't have a good view and the beer was starting to take effect!

As a Salford fan my expectations for the season are realistic. We have had to spend big and in the short term I don't feel it will represent great value for money. What weve got is a base to attract better players in the next few seasons when hopefully the investment the Dr is making will start to make a major difference.

Very crowd turnout from your fans. Hopefully we can travel in similar numbers for the return fixture. Good luck for the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32602.jpg
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/:32602.jpg

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "
I think your club tweeted that 850 Wakefield fans had made the journey over and well done on that. Shame about the d*ckhead element who booed an injured Rangi off the pitch (it was never deliverate - I was yards away).

Best of luck for the season.'"

Thanks for the balanced view and good luck with the rest of your season, much like us Salford fans haven't had a great deal to shout about in recent years.

As for the Chase booing, he's an ex Castleford poster boy and he got injured trying to trip Fox so the booing was always going to happen. IYO wasn't deliberate but I/we've seen him do such things on too many occasions to offer him the benefit of the doubt.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "I'll believe my own judgement as well as that of the touch judge and referee that it was completely accidental (coincidentally we were all yards away) as oppossed to a minority of booing Wakefield b*llends who were over 40 yards away behind the sticks.

No excuse to boo an injured player.'"

I think Rangi knew the script.
He got himself injured, trying to trip Collis, which pretty much lost him any sympathy and it saved a certain try.
Add to that, a mercenary from our nearest and dearest rivals and that is the reason for the crowd reaction.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46371.jpg
:46371.jpg

He is just a thug, and if during the course of his day to day business of trying to injure opponents he comes a cropper now and again then tough. pity it was not broken.

its like watching someone mug an old lady and then run full speed into a plate glass window trying to escape, yes he is going to be hurt but you cannot find any sympathy.

RankPostsTeam
International Star585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bren2k "Ignoring the 'gelling' nonsense which Slugger has completely debunked; your forwards smashed ours into oblivion?! Not sure what game you were at, but it wasn't the same one as me! I'll give you that Hock looked impressive, but don't get used to it - his first ban is just around the corner.

If that's the Salford team that many people are predicting to trouble the top 4 clubs, I'm afraid I just don't see it.'"

It might of been just me but I'm sure I saw on many occasions Tasi and Hansen putting huge hits on Ryan and Kirmond, Wakefield Sussed out Salfords struggling side (the right wing) in the last 25 mins where you constantly targeted through with MCShane and Lauititi twice you went over in the same corner and one try was pure fluke with the intersept, we didn't help ourselves what so ever giving away 7 penalties in the second half all of which give you your try scoring positions, and before you come out saying Child was bad for you lot the pen count was 7-7. There won't be many games where we're playing an out and out hooker at Stand off either. It was a bad day at the office second half, but hey it's our first game together as a team we'll get much better I'm sure, but what I can be totally certain of is that Wakefield will be no where near the relegation places, what you lack in quality you more than make up for in sheer hard work and determination!

Good luck for the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

The interesting thing with the penalty count is that it clearly went with momentum. Salford were getting them in the first half and we were getting them in the second. I just don't know whether being under the cosh makes you give penalties away, or whether being penalised puts you under the cosh.

There were a couple in the first half that were very debatable, and crucial. The "crossing" penalty took away some momentum we were just building and put Salford at the other end for five minutes, and from which they eventually scored. I couldn't really see it as a penalty, and my take is that when the players look bemused, the ref has probably got it wrong.

As for the trip, Rangi was falling over so I don't think he lunged out with his leg in a classic tripping sense. What he did do though was raise his leg as he was going down, knowing that he was going to be beaten.

As for the booing, it was nothing to do with the trip or the injury. It was because he was Rangi Chase. He was getting it when he was lining up. He took a long time to decide to walk round the posts, and I'm sure he was deciding whether he was fit enough to walk round the long way. He was always going to get it. Part of the pantomime, and his reaction to it before his injury shows that he loves it.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1066_1345755623.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1066.jpg

How on earth anybody can make a judgement for the rest of the season on a new team that is playing it's first competitive game together. At the start of the day, most Salford fans I know would have taken a win in any form, and Noble himself doesn't expect the team to fully gel until 9/10 weeks into the season... To suddenly believe Salford aren't going to do anything much based on that game is beyond me.

There seems to be too much concern about how Salford performed and where we will finish which is taking a hell of a lot of credit from your own team. I don't think we will face many harder teams than we did yesterday. The team talk in Wakefield's dressing room before the game must have been the easiest ever... But the talk at half time was where it counted as you looked a different team in the 2nd half. Agreed... you were on the back end of a penalty count in the first half, but I don't see much mention on here about the attempts by the official to level it... as you actually came out ahead in the penalty count by the end of the game.

Overall... I was hugely impressed by your team... More impressed than I have been for some time. Just please don't take the focus away from how well they performed.... Your performance had no bearing on how good or bad Salford were... none at all... they simply played very very well and would have been a handful for any side.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: LoyalFan "How on earth anybody can make a judgement for the rest of the season on a new team that is playing it's first competitive game together.'"

This is the internet. Only knee-jerk reactions are allowed.

ps: perhaps tell the good doctor your views, because he stated publicly where he expects you to finish, and you won't finish there by waiting for round 9 or 10 to gel.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1427No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bren2k "Get those Rangi excuses down pat - you'll need 'em as the season goes on; just ask Dave!'"

yup.

I can't knock Rangi as a player and never would - he was sensational for Castleford but it comes at a cost. I never made up excuses for the guy, and though it's nice to have a pantomime villain in the team, his persona is not compatible with the sport of rugby league. He's a good enough defender to not have to trip players (I appreciate this is debatable) and though I'd never wish anyone injury, to get injured attempting foul play strips away all the sympathy people can have

We are lucky that, given we are a budget club, we will have a better overall team/squad this year without him. I was in a monority last year that said I'd rather have a big squad with cover for places than a paper thin one cuase we are paying a fortune to one man.

Powell's philosophies as a coach are much better suited to gettng the best out of a squad, not a one-man-band. So i think his move to Salford was in the best interest of all parties.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Mike87 "It might of been just me but I'm sure I saw on many occasions Tasi and Hansen putting huge hits on Ryan and Kirmond, Wakefield Sussed out Salfords struggling side (the right wing) in the last 25 mins where you constantly targeted through with MCShane and Lauititi twice you went over in the same corner and one try was pure fluke with the intersept, we didn't help ourselves what so ever giving away 7 penalties in the second half all of which give you your try scoring positions, and before you come out saying Child was bad for you lot the pen count was 7-7. There won't be many games where we're playing an out and out hooker at Stand off either. It was a bad day at the office second half, but hey it's our first game together as a team we'll get much better I'm sure, but what I can be totally certain of is that Wakefield will be no where near the relegation places, what you lack in quality you more than make up for in sheer hard work and determination!

Good luck for the rest of the season.'"

Which is a rather different stance from your pack 'smashing ours into oblivion' isn't it? There were some big hits on both sides - as you would hope and expect.

As for an intercept being a fluke - how do you work that out? He read the play and put himself in the right place to take the ball, then outpaced the chasers to score under the sticks; how is that a fluke?

I'm certain Salford will play better than that, but given the age and decrepitude of some of your big names, I think you'll struggle as the season wears on; when Morley, Puletua and Meli get their inevitable injuries, who comes in? I also think you'll lose Hock for several games through suspension - that's almost a given.

Good things happening at Salford, but it will take time to bear fruit.

As a side note, your crowds might also improve if someone has the bottle to tell Dr Evil to get rid of 'Bad Moon Rising' remixed as a funeral dirge; by the third go around, I was close to harming myself. Also, your mascot looks like a walking sex toy.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1427No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bren2k " Also, your mascot looks like a walking sex toy.'"

icon_lol.gif not seen, but this made me LOL

Neville the horny Devil

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32602.jpg
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/:32602.jpg

I thought the mascot looked like a semi naked bright red Dr Koucash

103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.24072265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
Broadacres
4m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
6m