JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "
I have a question

I admit I don’t know the answer

but this will never be disclosed.'"

FFS! Get a life.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I do thanks and it fortunately it does not require me to resort to base language rather than debate. If you want to blindly accept everything fed to you then go for it because currently you have many weeks of poor performances to defend.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20854
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I have a question and I admit I don’t know the answer but we are constantly being told that the club is short of money and therefore needs to reduce the wages. We are currently paying for a loan for the ground which was overvalued allegedly therefore I presume this is swallowing a large chunk of our income. It would be interesting to know what percentage it is but this will never be disclosed but it must have a major impact on the club’s finances.'"

Firstly, why would it be disclosed to you? It's none of your business.
Secondly, as you say "allegedly" "presume"..... And then "must have"
They don't add up do they.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain427No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Are we being constantly told the club is short of money and needs to reduce reduce wages? We are all aware that the club income has dropped due to the present situation and that like other clubs there have been wage cuts and furloughing and I'm sure some belt tightening definitely no surprises with that.

Buying or renting your home, and Belle Vue is Wakefield's home tends to be your biggest outgoing so should we be surprised the mortgage takes a big chunk of the income, I'm not surprised at the month end when my chunk of brass leaves my account the longer I pay the greater the asset

A pointless post from SP imo and looks a little like stirring

RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "Firstly, why would it be disclosed to you? It's none of your business.
Secondly, as you say "allegedly" "presume"..... And then "must have"
They don't add up do they.'"

He didn't say it was any of his business, he simply expressed an interest in the amount of money the ground was taking which presumably has an impact on players wages and recruitment, as a fan surely he's entitled to show an interest in these matters which might explain why there's so much disagreement among the fans, fwiw i'm sure he deliberately chose the words allegedly,and presume carefully so as not to be accused of making false rumours and be the target of people like yourself that won't have anything remotely said criticising the club or Carter, because like the rest of us he doesn't know as the CEO seems to have decided that he no longer needs the fans forum as a tool for his own ends.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain427No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Its not a rumour that the Club borrowed money to buy Belle Vue its a fact, its reality that all expenditure has a knock on effect to every part of your budget. If they were not buying the land they'd be paying rent still a cost impacting on your budget. As for wanting to know the percentage, what benefit to an individual is that? Property rental or purchase is one of the biggest outgoings be it residential or business so SP is right in guessing its a big chunk of the budget, a bit of an obvious statement from SP

RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RickK "Its not a rumour that the Club borrowed money to buy Belle Vue its a fact, its reality that all expenditure has a knock on effect to every part of your budget. If they were not buying the land they'd be paying rent still a cost impacting on your budget. As for wanting to know the percentage, what benefit to an individual is that? Property rental or purchase is one of the biggest outgoings be it residential or business so SP is right in guessing its a big chunk of the budget, a bit of an obvious statement from SP'"

Thanks for the insight as to how things are done financially and the implications of borrowing money, maybe he just wants to cause a bit of mischief, or maybe as a paying fan he's just showing a bit of interest in the running of the club and the impact it's having financially with regards other financial aspects of the club, don't see your problem really.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain427No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If he is that interested he should write to Michael and raise the issue with him direct, SP just seems surprised where the biggest chunk of the money goes. Why am I bothered; his suggestion of the rumour when we all know its a fact, mischief making highly likely from SP. No more to be said on this one.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5293
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

To Scarlet and some others

Lets put you all right here. Yes the club borrowed 3.1 Million to buy BV and old super bowl site.

Yes it has to be paid back to the lender which in this case is WMDC

However there is a 5 year payment holiday so roughly the club still has three and half years before they have to start paying the loan. Therefore right now buying back the ground dosnt cost the club a penny. So Scarlet I hope that puts you right.

Unfortunately, this loan could be quite a financial millstone around the club when payments eventually need to start. The plan is the clubs potential saviour Colin Makie will get further planning concessions at Newmarket. He will then pay off this loan before the payments kick in. He will also supply considerable funds to upgrade Belle Vue. My own opinion on this, knowing the track record of Makie, is good luck with that !.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5054
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Quote: Prince Buster "To Scarlet and some others

Lets put you all right here. Yes the club borrowed 3.1 Million to buy BV and old super bowl site.

Yes it has to be paid back to the lender which in this case is WMDC

However there is a 5 year payment holiday so roughly the club still has three and half years before they have to start paying the loan. Therefore right now buying back the ground dosnt cost the club a penny. So Scarlet I hope that puts you right.

Unfortunately, this loan could be quite a financial millstone around the club when payments eventually need to start. The plan is the clubs potential saviour Colin Makie will get further planning concessions at Newmarket. He will then pay off this loan before the payments kick in. He will also supply considerable funds to upgrade Belle Vue. My own opinion on this, knowing the track record of Makie, is good luck with that !.'"

That’s a pretty good summation of the facts, it does however beg another question re the current outgoings.

If we’ve bought the ground and are therefore no longer paying rent, if we are in the midst of a repayment holiday and therefore not currently paying off the loan or the interest then surely that means we have the rent/mortgage money still in the bank?

Are we saving it up for a rainy day or to fund parts of the redevelopment or maybe to pay the loan when Mackie inevitability refuses to part with a penny.

Maybe the current financial situation has been aided to some degree by the surplus money!

I don’t want an answer from the club, I’d prefer them to stick to official Club announcements when disseminating information to the fans but that doesn’t stop me discussing it on here or speculating with other supporters about it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain64No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20854
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: The Avenger "That’s a pretty good summation of the facts, it does however beg another question re the current outgoings.

If we’ve bought the ground and are therefore no longer paying rent, if we are in the midst of a repayment holiday and therefore not currently paying off the loan or the interest then surely that means we have the rent/mortgage money still in the bank?

Are we saving it up for a rainy day or to fund parts of the redevelopment or maybe to pay the loan when Mackie inevitability refuses to part with a penny.

Maybe the current financial situation has been aided to some degree by the surplus money!

I don’t want an answer from the club, I’d prefer them to stick to official Club announcements when disseminating information to the fans but that doesn’t stop me discussing it on here or speculating with other supporters about it.'"

I don't know but I'm pretty sure we don't have surplus money, only less expenses. With no income I'm sure it's helping a lot but equally this was known before covid so the expenses at the club would have been planned accordingly and then smashed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Is it me or has that interview disappeared ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1425
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Camels Hump "As a neutral I just watched that interview and I think CC looks like a broken man, I thought he looked close to tears at one point. Feel for the guy, he was a great player and always gave 100% so it must break his heart to see people not giving 100%.

Also, from reading the comments what has happened with Fifita ?'"

CC is doing his best, with some players who obviously aren't doing their best!
I've said previously, it would be the best for ally concerned if there was a change of coach, but then I think this is the same Chris Chester that obviously coached us so well, when he first arrived, when we were playing attractive RL, and winning! What's gone wrong? Well injuries certainly decimated last season, and this season is like no other I've ever known, and injuries and Covid are wreaking havoc again. In fact we're not competing at the moment we're simply fulfilling fixtures.
Many on here blame bad coaching for our downfall, the swapping and changing of players in positions, questionable signings, I personally have no idea why, but I'm not a coach and I, like many others on here, don't know what's going on behind the scenes and if there is a reason why things have been done as they have.
No new coach would have more feeling for the club than CC, that's my thought, and unless he got rid of some of the underachievers then he would inherit the same problem that now exists.
Having given it some thought I'd like to see first how CC goes when Willie Poching arrives and how they plan for next season.
This season is a write off, next season is the one that matters.
As for David Fifita. Personally feel he owes us. He should now come in and lead by example with a mature and positive attitude.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: 1315trinity "CC is doing his best, with some players who obviously aren't doing their best!
I've said previously, it would be the best for ally concerned if there was a change of coach, but then I think this is the same Chris Chester that obviously coached us so well, when he first arrived, when we were playing attractive RL, and winning! What's gone wrong? Well injuries certainly decimated last season, and this season is like no other I've ever known, and injuries and Covid are wreaking havoc again. In fact we're not competing at the moment we're simply fulfilling fixtures.
Many on here blame bad coaching for our downfall, the swapping and changing of players in positions, questionable signings, I personally have no idea why, but I'm not a coach and I like many others on here, don't know what's going on behind the scenes and if there is a reason why things have been done as they have.
No new coach would have more feeling for the club than CC, that's my thought, and unless he got rid of some of the underachievers then he would inherit the same problem that now exists.
Having given it some thought I'd like to see first how CC goes when Willie Poching arrives and how they plan for next season.
This season is a write off, next season is the one that matters.
As for David Fifita. Personally feel he owes us. He should now come in and lead by example with a mature and positive attitude.'"

First let me say without criticism of the coach every club has suffered this season with covid and the aftermath with players having to stand down because of it plus injuries to players admittedly some clubs worse than others, but I'd just like to point out where you have admitted your no coach and like the rest of us are clueless as to what's going on behind the scenes, and that all we know is what we're told which is very little unfortunately, with all that in mind I fail to grasp your point with your obvious blame of Fifita where you say he owes us, for what exactly? things are only obvious to those that know what the obvious is, one thing I will say about Fifita although we can only draw, unfairly in my mind what's gone on at the club with him, he can't be blamed for the rubbish dished up on the field.

616 posts in 42 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
616 posts in 42 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.4794921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cokey
10m
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
44m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
Recent
Betting 2024
karetaker
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
1m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
1m
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Jack Burton
2m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
2m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
2m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
3m
Rumours thread
PopTart
3m
Championship Awards
FIL
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,433 ↓-2980,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 12 366 144 222 20
St.Helens 11 289 114 175 16
Warrington 11 286 143 143 16
Catalans 11 244 152 92 16
Hull KR 11 262 169 93 14
Salford 11 210 226 -16 14

Leeds 11 204 198 6 12
Huddersfield 11 240 229 11 10
Leigh 11 234 212 22 7
Castleford 11 184 352 -168 5
Hull FC 11 122 386 -264 2
LondonB 11 116 412 -296 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22