FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Is the bragging contest worth it?
115 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Mr Slithers "And without P&R this game would have been another one! but getting rid of it means you can focus on the other 13 games instead. getting the attendance for those games up

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52912_1297453991.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52912.jpg

Quote: gizmo "I certainly do get your point but you fail to recognise the reality of the situation.

1) There is a franchise system
2) There is no relegation or promotion
'"

True.

Quote: gizmo "Where you against it when we recieved our franchise three years ago.'"

I've always been against it.

Quote: gizmo "Stop looking for excuses and apportioning blame it not the system its the club thats at fault.

FFS icon_frustrated.gif I AM NOT AND NEVER HAVE TRIED TO MAKE AN EXCUSE FOR THE POOR RESULTS AND MANAGEMENT OF THE CLUB. I am trying to get across the point that I don't like a lot of things that Super League stands for and going back to the original question by the OP then, no I don't think it's worth it! icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52912_1297453991.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "but getting rid of it means you can focus on the other 13 games instead. getting the attendance for those games up'"

Or just give up mid season like our players did.

Do you ever log off? icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Slugger McBatt "To those who want a break away league to house former Yorkshire greats, I can confirm that in 2012 there will be a league where there will be local derbies, involving us, Dewsbury, Batley, Fev, and possibly Cas and Halifax. These will slug it out all season and will have not only TV money but also it's own knock out tournament.

That's what is being asked for by some loons, and it is on it's way for us. It's called the Championship. Now what was your point again?'"

We get TV money ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Mr Slithers "True.

I've always been against it.

FFS
It's not a sport anymore is it ?

That's the point your working towards

TFC
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1763No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18399_1343936546.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18399.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "They dont play for nothing, they play for the same reason as the SL clubs play. To Win'"

And that Smokey, is why I won't ever truly agree with you on this issue. Fair enough non league RL sides play to win, some players play just to get wages in Pro RL and match bonuses. However in Wakefields case and along with the likes of clubs who have a very slim chance of returning to Super League once they are deadlocked in the national league, who at one time or another have had varying degrees of success whether that be in recent years or years gone by, it is quite plain that there will never be major interest in a club of which the prospects of success in the sport are constricted by a 'vision' of the sport becoming nationally played and appreciated.

Fact is that I don't just want my club to win hollow matches and watch us stay rooted, and not have the chance to be the best. For example, I support Sheffield Wednesday, and although we aren't in the best position at the moment, I know that one day we may well make a return to the premier league. As such I don't care about winning as such, but about the progress of the club. My fear is that Wakey will be denied the same chance, and as showed by the franchise system, we don't have the same chance as some of the more desirable 'expansion clubs'.

Even though we may well have a good license application in 3 years time, this could be dismissed for all we know, owing to the league remaining at 14 teams. It just seems that we will indeed be plunged into the mire if we have to spend a minimum of 3 seasons in the national league.

Which leads back to my original point, I would like to feel assured that we have the same chances of being 'promoted' again without fear that we aren't a desirable club and as such don't stand a chance. However, evidence suggests that we aren't fighting on an even playing field. As shown by the RFL stating that one SL team would be dropped before any applications had been recieved. It was completely unfair to judge before having any materials or evidence in which to judge initially. In addition to this, the Welsh franchise has received vast amounts of preferential treatment over the past year, which in itself would be fine had the RFL come out and said that this franchise would receive backing from the RFL. Unfortunately supporters seem to be led down cul-de-sacs and stringed along. I do not just speak for Wakefield of course, but the clubs who are in the same league as us; Leigh, Halifax, Featherstone, Castleford and so on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: TFC "And that Smokey, is why I won't ever truly agree with you on this issue. Fair enough non league RL sides play to win, some players play just to get wages in Pro RL and match bonuses. However in Wakefields case and along with the likes of clubs who have a very slim chance of returning to Super League once they are deadlocked in the national league, who at one time or another have had varying degrees of success whether that be in recent years or years gone by, it is quite plain that there will never be major interest in a club of which the prospects of success in the sport are constricted by a 'vision' of the sport becoming nationally played and appreciated.

Fact is that I don't just want my club to win hollow matches and watch us stay rooted, and not have the chance to be the best. For example, I support Sheffield Wednesday, and although we aren't in the best position at the moment, I know that one day we may well make a return to the premier league. As such I don't care about winning as such, but about the progress of the club. My fear is that Wakey will be denied the same chance, and as showed by the franchise system, we don't have the same chance as some of the more desirable 'expansion clubs'.

Even though we may well have a good license application in 3 years time, this could be dismissed for all we know, owing to the league remaining at 14 teams. It just seems that we will indeed be plunged into the mire if we have to spend a minimum of 3 seasons in the national league.

Which leads back to my original point, I would like to feel assured that we have the same chances of being 'promoted' again without fear that we aren't a desirable club and as such don't stand a chance. However, evidence suggests that we aren't fighting on an even playing field. As shown by the RFL stating that one SL team would be dropped before any applications had been recieved. It was completely unfair to judge before having any materials or evidence in which to judge initially. In addition to this, the Welsh franchise has received vast amounts of preferential treatment over the past year, which in itself would be fine had the RFL come out and said that this franchise would receive backing from the RFL. Unfortunately supporters seem to be led down cul-de-sacs and stringed along. I do not just speak for Wakefield of course, but the clubs who are in the same league as us; Leigh, Halifax, Featherstone, Castleford and so on.'"

But the point is, you wouldnt want Sheffield Wednesday back in the premier league, if it was only going to cause the same problems that almost put the club out of existance last time, and are still being felt now having put the club in 3rd tier of football would you.

P+R was part of a system that nigh on killed Sheffield Wednesday, it certainly contributed to their problems. What franchising would mean, is that whilst it may take a little longer to get them back to the premier league, when they do, they will be much better placed to take advantage of it.

If Wakefield were to be relegated under a P+R system this year, what benefit will they get out of it? none really, they will lose a lot of money and visibility. Yes they may get promoted next year, but if they havent addressed any of their structural problems that are affecting them now, and causing the problems they are having now, they are going to be in exactly the same position when they are promoted, only this team weakend by a year spent in the lower leagues. They then have the priority of staying in the league over and above addressing their problems. As we have seen, Wakefield have spent 12 years pretty much uniformly having one aim, avoiding relegation which has meant the problems affecting them 12 years ago are still the same problems affecting them now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Smokey,
It must be true.You are employed by the RFL.
Sheffield Wednesday experienced trouble mainly because of rlSir Richardsrl and now sport attracts rlthese type of peoplerl

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TwoBlues "Smokey,
Sheffield Wednesday experienced trouble mainly because of rlSir Richardsrl and now sport attracts rlthese type of peoplerl'"

Sheffield Wednesday experienced trouble because they spent money they didnt have trying to stay in the league, then when they were relegated they spent money they didnt have trying to get back up and paying the wages of the players they had signed to try and stay (but ultimately failed) in the PL They then fell to the third tier and the same problem happened again.

and sport has always attracted people like www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.c ... -27405284/ and www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/ ... h_1_958679 and www.independent.co.uk/sport/chai ... 03255.html and aussiecriminals.wordpress.com/20 ... ud-claims/ and tvnz.co.nz/content/1268119/423466/article.html
Quote: TwoBlues "Smokey,
Sheffield Wednesday experienced trouble mainly because of rlSir Richardsrl and now sport attracts rlthese type of peoplerl'"

Sheffield Wednesday experienced trouble because they spent money they didnt have trying to stay in the league, then when they were relegated they spent money they didnt have trying to get back up and paying the wages of the players they had signed to try and stay (but ultimately failed) in the PL They then fell to the third tier and the same problem happened again.

and sport has always attracted people like www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.c ... -27405284/ and www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/ ... h_1_958679 and www.independent.co.uk/sport/chai ... 03255.html and aussiecriminals.wordpress.com/20 ... ud-claims/ and tvnz.co.nz/content/1268119/423466/article.html

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52912_1297453991.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "
If Wakefield were to be relegated under a P+R system this year, what benefit will they get out of it? none really'"

If P&R sent Trinity down then it would be because they weren't good enough for the Super League and then hopefully they would be in a division in which they could contend. This would make the games more interesting for the fans. It would also give another team the opportunity to play in the top league and would allow their fans to experience these 'fantastic' half empty stadiums that people with your attitude decide we must have.

Your blantant support of the franchise system baffles me, I can't see why it's good for the game as a whole.

RankPostsTeam
International Star38No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Jan 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#FF8000:wd77cmvw][i:wd77cmvw][b:wd77cmvw]I AM AMBER AND ALSO THE STALKER OF THE BIGGEST EGOMANIAC ON THESE BOARDS........................ ACCORDING TO THE ONE EYED KNUCKLE SHUFFLERS..................UNBELIEVABLE EH ?[b][/b:wd77cmvw][/b][/i:wd77cmvw][/color:wd77cmvw]:

Quote: Mr Slithers "

Your blantant support of the franchise system baffles me, I can't see why it's good for the game as a whole.'"

Could it be that SmokeyTA follows one of the favoured clubs and will never be in the position of Wakey (cas, salford , hkr, bradford all ground issues as well ).
This 'Im all right Jack' attitude is helping the RFL kill Rugby League as a sport.

SmokeyTA you should be ashamed

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Mr Slithers "If P&R sent Trinity down then it would be because they weren't good enough for the Super League and then hopefully they would be in a division in which they could contend. This would make the games more interesting for the fans. It would also give another team the opportunity to play in the top league and would allow their fans to experience these 'fantastic' half empty stadiums that people with your attitude decide we must have.

Your blantant support of the franchise system baffles me, I can't see why it's good for the game as a whole.'"

What is good for the game as a whole about Wakefield being relegated, another club in a similar position being promoted, and the cycle simply starting over again.

P+R doesnt only stop Wakefield building it stops the clubs around them building aswell. It stops the club promoted building. After 12 years in SL Wakefield have done nothing to address the problems they had when they were first promoted. Franchising gives them the breathing space to do so.

And it isnt people like me who decide we need these 'fantastic' new stadiums, its the paying public. People dont attend Wakefield games because Belle Vue is such a dump, they struggle to get a sustainable level of attendance because people dont want to be standing on a crumbling stand, with rubbish facilities, getting soaked by the rain. If they did, your attendance would be higher, you would have more money, a better team and would be in an all round better position and the stadium issue would be less of an issue.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4809No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15996.jpg
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north" "If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail":15996.jpg

SmokeyTA speaks sense, what have we done with 9 years in Super League with P&R to strengthen the club off field, and in the 3 years of safety of a licence we've done the same! We've known the rules, just choose to whinge about fairness rather than improve the club.

The RFL didn't invite Pearman into the club. The RFL didn't let Belle Vue become a dump and unwelcoming to new supporters who decent facilities. The RFL didn't stop us looking at a new stadium before we had to sort one out.

In a programme from almost TWENTY YEARS ago, Ted Richardson admitted Belle Vue was not up to scratch. That's the RFL's fault I guess.

RankPostsTeam
International Star154No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52912_1297453991.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "What is good for the game as a whole about Wakefield being relegated, another club in a similar position being promoted, and the cycle simply starting over again. '"

Haven't I covered that all ready? You're starting to come across as a bit of a troll now to be honest! For the final time, it means there is something for the bottom teams to play for right until the end of the season and a real incentive to win the Championship! Don't you get that?

Quote: SmokeyTA "People dont attend Wakefield games because Belle Vue is such a dump, they struggle to get a sustainable level of attendance because people dont want to be standing on a crumbling stand, with rubbish facilities, getting soaked by the rain.'"

Once again sounds a bit like a trolling post...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Mr Slithers "Haven't I covered that all ready? You're starting to come across as a bit of a troll now to be honest! For the final time, it means there is something for the bottom teams to play for right until the end of the season and a real incentive to win the Championship! Don't you get that?

Once again sounds a bit like a trolling post...'"

you are giving yourself up now

What is the 'real incentive' to win the Championship is the same 'real incentive' to win SL. To win. How do you think the RFL are supposed to sell the championships as an important competition when the only importance you place on it is getting the hell out of it?

The teams at the bottom do have something to play for, getting into the play offs. Very very few people want to watch a game to decide which of the two teams has been the test over that season. Why are you so focused on clubs being crap than being good?

115 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
115 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.93310546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent