JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: ball-in-hand "As usual the people who are supposed to be representing the supporters have told us nothing. We are told we must be patient.I would be more likely to keep the faith if they told us exactly what happened at the meeting.These are not a state secrets. You haven't had to sign the official secrets act. In most meetings minutes are taken. If you have nothing to hide let us have them.'"

Sorry, but this needs a reply! I don't usually let these sort of posts get to me, but this has got right up my nose!

Are you really so daft or are you just a troll? Lets go with daft, for the sake of argument and my following post.

We are involved in a difficult, complex, often heated and protracted three-way negotiation process. Sir Rodney has said, twice, that this is the most complex thing he has ever been involved with and he really isn't saying that for effect or to impress the rest of us, he said it because it is true! Given the things he has done and been involved with over his career then maybe that might give you a little perspective?

So, now that I have spent the last 5 years of my life (and TRB's and others involvement is much longer, this is not a boast, I am the newbie) and we have been made TRUSTEES of the Stadium TRUST (there is a really, really big clue there mate, just in case you miss it!), and just this week alone probably spent about 7 or so business hours (you know, the hours I am supposed to be earning money) on this already, with more to do tomorrow, what we are going to do is completely undermine everything everyone has been working towards for all these years, by coming on an internet forum and telling you word for word what was said, and by whom, and hereby completely blowing our credibility in the process and any chance we had of actually getting the result we all want? Is that it, is that what we should be doing?

Well, in that case I am the wrong person for this job, so I am going to drop Sir Rodney a line now and give him your contact details (I will let you send them via pm of course) and say that you will be taking my position on the board. If I remember rightly, Companies House will need your full name and address, any other current Directorships you hold, your mothers maiden name, the colour of your eyes (as security checks) and a telephone number.

Bugger me, minutes... nah, we don't take em mate. We are badass and as a private limited trust registered as a charity, with the charity commission, we just ignore this legal charity requirement crap and do what we like!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20761
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Guys I can see why it winds you up but don't get drawn in.
The vast majority of supporters know exactly how much work you are putting in and are very grateful.

It's not a matter of trust. It's a matter of do or don't do. I'm not doing so I wait to see what you guys come up with.
I don't know any of you but I'm glad you are involved.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "He's right about the football club'"

Which particular part about the football club is he right about?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: ball-in-hand "As usual the people who are supposed to be representing the supporters have told us nothing. We are told we must be patient.I would be more likely to keep the faith if they told us exactly what happened at the meeting.These are not a state secrets. You haven't had to sign the official secrets act. In most meetings minutes are taken. If you have nothing to hide let us have them.'"

Amongst other things, I'm a criminal lawyer by profession. This often involves negotiating compromises (you might call them plea bargains), and sometimes an agreement can't be reached. On the very few occasions a fellow lawyer has tried to represent to a court that my negotiating position reflected my actual position, when an agreement hadn't been reached (i.e., he said he'd settle for x, but I won't, I want y, but you can see that x is what he really thinks), then I know never to negotiate with that lawyer again.

It's not the best analogy maybe, but it explains why things must be kept secret. If I represented Yorkcourt and the contents of meetings were spilled over the internet, there would never be another meeting. End of.

I'm frustrated with the way the supporters have been seemingly shafted, looking in from the outside, and if Yorkcourt do the ultimate dirty, I can't see us ever being anything other than a small club playing out of a past-it stadium. I have to say, however, that I'm happy that those who are trying hard to get the best out of it are doing just that, trying hard. The best we can get might not be what we expected at the start, but that's how the dice have rolled. There are times when you've got to shake hands with the devil.

RankPostsTeam
International Star68No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

holy mother of god.... you really are as stupid as you seem...

I would never have thought that to be possible.

Your idiocy has the potential to do far more damage to the club than the total damage done by owners of the club throughout its history!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20761
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: chissitt "Which particular part about the football club is he right about?'"

We are the biggest City without a professional league football club.
You have to go a long way down the list of cities in England before you find one not in the top 4 leagues and even further for conference.

It's not a problem to me, just saying.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2489
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm a little bit confused here. As most will know from my previous posts I am 100% behind TRB and the trust. The thing that no one else seems to have picked up on about this meeting is Sir Rodney's statement. Am I imagining things or did he say he hoped some thing would be resolved one way or the other at this meeting. Apologies in advance if I am wrong and once again I hope it ends in a positive outcome.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5767
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: PopTart "We are the biggest City without a professional league football club.
You have to go a long way down the list of cities in England before you find one not in the top 4 leagues and even further for conference.

It's not a problem to me, just saying.'"

Yes it's one of those questions that I've looked up before and get different answers because of the difference between the urban population figure of 77k (2001) and the District of 326k (2011). If we just count the City District, no one comes close like you say, especially unlike other Cities/Towns not only we don't have a Pro team, we don't even have a lower Division side now.

There's places like Lincoln who have a team but in the fifth tier of English football who have pop of 96k apparently. I've also heard people say Gateshead which is a Town of around 78k and also have a team in fifth tier and Poole which is probably the biggest Town that doesn't have a Pro Football team only a seventh tier semi Pro side, that Borough has a pop of 155k.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8962
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10751_1297625775.jpg
Fed up of these rollercoaster rides!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10751.jpg

Quote: newgroundb4wakey "I'm a little bit confused here. As most will know from my previous posts I am 100% behind TRB and the trust. The thing that no one else seems to have picked up on about this meeting is Sir Rodney's statement. Am I imagining things or did he say he hoped some thing would be resolved one way or the other at this meeting. Apologies in advance if I am wrong and once again I hope it ends in a positive outcome.'"

I would imagine 'he hoped' says it all, they all hoped York Court would be doing something decisive this time but ended up with IF this happens, this COULD happen and so on to infinity!!! I.E no straight answers to what happens now.. icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10460
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Don't understand why anyone continues to contribute positive or even neutral info or speculation to these threads? The topic is just Troll fodder and is so predictable it's hard to believe that supposedely intelligent people with the best intent and interest of the club continue to open the door.
Why not lock this and start one sometime in the future headed "1st brick being laid" or "Wildcats begin Belle Vue Upgrade".

RankPostsTeam
International Star5048
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

I wonder how Colin Mackie felt as he exited the room, I'd wonder how the conversation in his car went as they drove back to the office.

I suspect it was the polar opposite to that which the Trust representatives felt and said!

RankPostsTeam
International Star974No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "Don't understand why anyone continues to contribute positive or even neutral info or speculation to these threads? The topic is just Troll fodder and is so predictable it's hard to believe that supposedely intelligent people with the best intent and interest of the club continue to open the door.
Why not lock this and start one sometime in the future headed "1st brick being laid" or "Wildcats begin Belle Vue Upgrade".'"

Totally agree.
Let TRB, IA, Sandalcat and any others involved be applauded and encouraged to continue with their efforts in the hope of (what I personally hope will be an updated Belle Vue -sorry but it's been in my blood for so long) BUT continue in the background.
In the meantime a new season beckons and I am more concerned with what goes on in the green bit in the middle of whatever stadium!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach432
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB18.gif
:cartoons/WB18.gif

Phil, Ian, Jonathan the majority of true fans know what you are doing for all of us and our club and city Don't let the idiots who claim to be supporters get to you a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20761
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: Shifty Cat "Yes it's one of those questions that I've looked up before and get different answers because of the difference between the urban population figure of 77k (2001) and the District of 326k (2011). If we just count the City District, no one comes close like you say, especially unlike other Cities/Towns not only we don't have a Pro team, we don't even have a lower Division side now.

There's places like Lincoln who have a team but in the fifth tier of English football who have pop of 96k apparently. I've also heard people say Gateshead which is a Town of around 78k and also have a team in fifth tier and Poole which is probably the biggest Town that doesn't have a Pro Football team only a seventh tier semi Pro side, that Borough has a pop of 155k.'"

Fair point.
In some ways I'm glad as it gives an opportunity to Trinity to catch the Wakefield public attention but equally Leeds United is a pull as it's not exactly far away.
In reality much as no one would like to say it. If Leeds had developed like Manchester did or as early as Manchester did, we would be regarded like Salford and be part of the Greater Leeds area, rather than have our own identity. It's good that we do, but it also hides some difficulties that will be very difficult for a marketing/branding team to break down.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "Don't understand why anyone continues to contribute positive or even neutral info or speculation to these threads? The topic is just Troll fodder and is so predictable it's hard to believe that supposedely intelligent people with the best intent and interest of the club continue to open the door.
Why not lock this and start one sometime in the future headed "1st brick being laid" or "Wildcats begin Belle Vue Upgrade".'"

Because we'd be criticised even more!

We tell you all as much as we can. 90% of any development is in the bit before a brick is laid or a hole dug, we are no different, but there are a lot more people interested in this subject than the few who post, including many who read these pages.

What you suggest is idealistic, and I should know! icon_wink.gif

736 posts in 50 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
736 posts in 50 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.404296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Uncle Rico
5m
This weeks disciplinary
The Reaper
19m