Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68436_1348124028.png
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68436.png

Quote: vastman "None, seems to be reserved for just us - what a surprise.

I'm not a conspriracy nut but this strinks of Betts moaninng and bitterness.'"

I agree, see the end of my last post to why Betts would complain he knows one of us will not make the 8.
I haven't defended Scott Moore in anyway and if he is proven guilty with sufficient evidence he deserves his suspension - letting us down in the process but how a review panel who have already failed to go back and review games where Dave Taylor, Danny Brough for example have caused injuries to players clearly makes you wonder if they do fully review games. At the minute the disciplinary is a farce half of the time they can't even get the players name right.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2042No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2938.jpg
:2938.jpg

Quote: chissitt "What new evidence has come to light that was not there when the panel first reviewed it? so perhaps he won't get a 4-8 week ban as you insist, maybe it's you what needs remove your personal feelings from the matter and let the panel decide.
Nothing to do with Ah van then
icon_lol.gif

I have no personal view, I haven't seen the incident to have one.

No idea why it has taken a week but to be honest that's irrelevant, he was banned anyway.

Not sure what Ah Van has to do with Scott Moore 'allegedly gouging, but I'll add it to the list of those who are to blame. Not going over that tackle again and no other player has been accused of it, regardless of what the players thought of the tackle - is that how you should respond?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2938.jpg

Quote: vastman "Oh give over you myopic oaf. If Moore is guilty then fine he deserves a ban, but that's not proven yet is it!

What is strange and up for debate is the delay in citing him, wouldn't you find that strange if Ah Van was suddenly investigated a week after the Gibson tackle after say he had been let off during the game. Sounds to me like the vile Betts has been acting up again.

You have a lot to be proud of at Widnes, even Ah Van's not a bad lad. However I'd be ashamed to have that big stupid patheic mean spirited petty vindictive fat headed bufoon Betts as Coach, wouldn't you?

Sound like the RFL are trying to placate the moaning git Betts to me.'"

This isn't a serious post, is it? Really?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12491
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Quote: AJ Viking "This isn't a serious post, is it? Really?'"

So because it doesn't suit your myopic opinion it can't be serious?
I thought you were being a genuine RLFan, not a troll. Seriously.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2938.jpg

Quote: Wildthing "So because it doesn't suit your myopic opinion it can't be serious?
I thought you were being a genuine RLFan, not a troll. Seriously.'"

I am, seriously.

But Betts is being blamed in this thread more than Scott Moore is. Only one person up in front of the panel.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7416
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

I'm confused, the game was played ten days since. I'm assuming the panel perused all the games in great detail eight days since ( the Monday?) They saw nothing of note at that time? Yet eight days later they're having another look at the Widnes game. Why? The only conclusion I can come to is that someone has had a hissy fit, or maybe it's just deflection tactics by someone who's out of line with the judiciary and pointed out a gouging claim by a player the week later.
Seems really odd to go back to a game played ten days since.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2477
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68436_1348124028.png

Quote: JINJER "I'm confused, the game was played ten days since. I'm assuming the panel perused all the games in great detail eight days since ( the Monday?) They saw nothing of note at that time? Yet eight days later they're having another look at the Widnes game. Why? The only conclusion I can come to is that someone has had a hissy fit, or maybe it's just deflection tactics by someone who's out of line with the judiciary and pointed out a gouging claim by a player the week later.
Seems really odd to go back to a game played ten days since.'"

Exactly especially after games where Brough and Taylor have got away with worse tackles than Ah Vans and they didn't decide to go back nor any further action.
It does seem like someone has thrown their teddy out of the cot.. If Scott Moore is banned with evidence fair enough but if there isn't any evidence to support this citation and he is banned then it just proves that the disciplinary team is a farce and needs a complete clean out with fresh people and new structures. Even before this incident this current review team seem unfit for purpose and obviously don't put enough time into their job thus causing controversy and being allowed to be basically forced by outside people to investigate further for whatever reason to find something. The big clubs especially getting away with stuff - they say they don't but people within the game such as Brian Carney and others have said before.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I can only assume that somebody from Widnes put in an official complaint about the gouging after the panel review had completed their review if the game last Monday and as such it has been looked at again the next available occasion, i.e. the next review panel sitting yesterday.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36091
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: AJ Viking "This isn't a serious post, is it? Really?'"

The name calling was for comic effect but the rest of it I'm totally serious. I also seriously want to know why Betts is not facing a big fine for his personal post match attack on the ref, please answer that - seriously.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: AJ Viking "I have no personal view, I haven't seen the incident to have one.
No idea why it has taken a week but to be honest that's irrelevant, he was banned anyway.'"

For somebody who did not see the incident for some reason you seem to have him down as guilty before he's been in front of the panel.
Whether he was banned or not is irrelevant the question us fans are asking is, why did it not come to light and be dealt with at the original hearing, once again you show your ignorance on the subject by denying any knowledge, for somebody what know nothing of what' happened you seem to have some forth right views.
Quote: AJ Viking "Not sure what Ah Van has to do with Scott Moore 'allegedly gouging,'"

It has nothing to do with Moore's alleged gouging, You said in your post or words to the effect that Moore had let himself down, my point to you was that had Ah Van not committed his indiscretion in the first place then this pointless differences of opinion would be academic.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2938.jpg

Quote: vastman "The name calling was for comic effect but the rest of it I'm totally serious. I also seriously want to know why Betts is not facing a big fine for his personal post match attack on the ref, please answer that - seriously.'"

I believe that the RFL were reviewing Cobb's performance (seriously) last week (hence he had no Challenge Cup game) and once this was reviewed Betts' comments would be reviewed.

I 100% expect him to get fined for it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2477
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68436_1348124028.png

Quote: AJ Viking "I believe that the RFL were reviewing Cobb's performance (seriously) last week (hence he had no Challenge Cup game) and once this was reviewed Betts' comments would be reviewed.

I 100% expect him to get fined for it.'"

Cobb was never going to be a match official in the challenge cup anyway, he had some other commitments outside of the game which the RFL granted.

PHe
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: AJ Viking "So, people at fault for Scott Moore's alleged 'gouging' The fact that Moore ran in on the Ah Van tackle (when no one else actually reacted including the officials) then took Ah Van's head off it's absolutely believable - he's no angel.

Take the spectacles off, means nothing to Widnes if he gets banned or not but this shouldn't be condoned in our game.'"

'The fact that Moore ran in on the Ah Van tackle (when no one else actually reacted including the officials' - the RFL reacted and gave Ah Van a 5 match ban, so of all the people on the field SM was the only one correct because he saw something (perhaps not reacting in the correct way, but many players push players off in similar incidents and 'get away with it'). I'll exclude Gibson from 'all people on the field' as I feel that he was in no position to take part in the referendum, but perhaps the anguish on his face may have given a clue as to which way he would have voted.

'then took Ah Van's head off' -the RFL seem to disagree with your version:

'No intent to injure the opponent. It is believed first contact was around the shoulder area' (can't see why he got a ban after they said this).
As for 'people at fault', what about your own 'fans' on social media who were basically blaming Gibson for injuring himself in the 'tackle' with PAV!

As other posters have said, it means a lot to WT if Moore is banned ie loss of one of our pivotal players (similar to when Brown does not play for Widnes) and who gains from that? - the teams around them in the table eg ............ Widnes.

Apologies in advance if I've got confused and any of the foregoing is incorrect, but I'm knocking on a bit (ie inclined to drop balls now and then).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PHe "but I'm knocking on a bit (ie inclined to drop balls now and then).'"

I was at a junior game down at Bellevue the other week, and was talking to a chap who knows you and he said something on the same lines icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Quote: AJ Viking "So, people at fault for Scott Moore's alleged 'gouging'

IF he is PROVEN to be guilty then nobody can be blamed for that except Scott Moore himself, and I for one would be very seriously disappointed in any player found to be doing anything so despicable.

What I was trying to say was if the original video was "carefully viewed" for the original citation and the result was "the tribunal feel that the player did throw at least one punch" and "The exact nature and force of the punches cannot be clarified from the DVD footage" then how can they expect the same DVD footage to PROVE any gouging.

Even the most myopic of fans should be able to see the problem there!

If he is found guilty, then Michael Carter/Chris Chester should be asking to see the exact point in the DVD where that evidence exists - without that he has to be found not guilty.

183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.30517578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
7m
Recruitment rumours and links
Winslade's O
18m