FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > What chance of beating the Aussies ?
77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: kinleycat "I do actually think we may have improved slightly, although NZ have gone backwards, and Aus won at a cantor.
Chase and Sinfield gave us nothing all competition yet widdop doesnt get a sniff, neither did Morley and Peacock and carvell is on the bench too.
A fit Sam Burgess would have made us a much tougher proposition, and overall I think our threaquarters were ok too.
Time for a big re think, there are things to be positive about, but we are desperate for young British players to get some decent footy time.'"

What we need to do is bring over some second rate Aussies and they'll teach our young guns out to play and in the mean time keep them out of the side icon_biggrin.gifOH:

Widdop must wonder what he's done wrong, one of the high spots of tonights game, watching a player take them on instead of watching Chase hide and Sinfield try but fail.

RankPostsTeam
International Star808No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61486_1316533274.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61486.jpg

I bet the Aussies are laughing at Tompkins being billed as one of the worlds best, I reckon he'd struggle to play 1st grade if he went to NRL. Boyd showed him how the role should be done. Chase ran scared, and we won't talk about Sinfield. Roby looks like the only player with a bit of class.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46934.jpg

Quote: BIGAL1 "[sizeWhat we need to do is bring over some second rate Aussies and they'll teach our young guns out to play and in the mean time keep them out of the side[/size
No need to teach the young ones, in three years time we can just pick the second rate Aussies and everyone is happy. It saves us wasting time on our own.

RankPostsTeam
International Star808No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61486_1316533274.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61486.jpg

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "No need to teach the young ones, in three years time we can just pick the second rate Aussies and everyone is happy. It saves us wasting time on our own.'"

We have to face it second rate Aussies will still wipe the floor with us, we are just not producing the talent. It's not a matter of second rate Aussies diluting our game, some nations are just a lot better and stronger than us. Australia will dominate for many years t come.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Quote: kinleycat "I do actually think we may have improved slightly, although NZ have gone backwards, and Aus won at a cantor.
Chase and Sinfield gave us nothing all competition yet widdop doesnt get a sniff, neither did Morley and Peacock and carvell is on the bench too.
A fit Sam Burgess would have made us a much tougher proposition, and overall I think our threaquarters were ok too.
Time for a big re think, there are things to be positive about, but we are desperate for young British players to get some decent footy time.'"

NZ haven't gone backwards, they were decimated by injury. The aussies also were missing a good few players who would have played in this tournament and were still way too good for us. We just aren't good enough. Throwing kids in before they are ready isn't the answer. What it needs is to look at the standard of coaching they receive at a young age. Too many of our guys have fundamental flaws in their game that never get ironed out. And we also need to get more of our big name players into the nrl so they are exposed to a higher intensity competition.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17951
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Where is "pocket 4's".
At the start of this thread I was slated for posting this game as a "foregone conclusion"
Aussie should have beaten us by 40+ tonight, bar some refs calls.
Yes, Ryan Hall was "hit" by Thurston and Graham copped some high stuff, but Briscoe, Sinfield and worst of all Chase were exposed as second rate.
Once again, the Green and Gold machine has done us over with plenty to spare.
Why didnt we get in their faces and see what they have to give and why play second string NZ players that ran scared.
I'd rather see, Brough, Robinson, Myler at HB and not the man from Cas.
Having said all that. we were never going to beat Aussie, so what next.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5597
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Tomkins ok in super league ,world stage ,bottled it.utter rubbish tonight.a lesson in rugby league tonight by the green and golds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg
READ THE AUP: //forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43457.jpg

Quote: Theboyem "NZ haven't gone backwards, they were decimated by injury. The aussies also were missing a good few players who would have played in this tournament and were still way too good for us. We just aren't good enough. Throwing kids in before they are ready isn't the answer. What it needs is to look at the standard of coaching they receive at a young age. Too many of our guys have fundamental flaws in their game that never get ironed out. And we also need to get more of our big name players into the nrl so they are exposed to a higher intensity competition.'"

Absolute tosh! With the squad the kiwis had, they were capable of playing some footy, bit they were too busy playing big man rugby and there main form of attack was stopping the oppositions attack, and that is rubbish!
I never claimed that throwing kids in was the solution, just that wothout getting regular match time they will never develop.
SL wil never compete with the intensity of the NRL and SoS, but we could do ourselves a favour by dumping the average overseas players in favour of our own.
Until the RFL see this and force clubs happy with mediocre players from overseas and a national coach happy to pick players who dont know the words to the national anthem, pointless will be our pursuit of the antipodeans.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17951
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: kinleycat "Absolute tosh! With the squad the kiwis had, they were capable of playing some footy, bit they were too busy playing big man rugby and there main form of attack was stopping the oppositions attack, and that is rubbish!
I never claimed that throwing kids in was the solution, just that wothout getting regular match time they will never develop.
SL wil never compete with the intensity of the NRL and SoS, but we could do ourselves a favour by dumping the average overseas players in favour of our own.
Until the RFL see this and force clubs happy with mediocre players from overseas and a national coach happy to pick players who dont know the words to the national anthem, pointless will be our pursuit of the antipodeans.'"

Damn right man, bring British youngsters through in front of second rate/ journeyman Aussies.
Although it takes time, surely that is why we have the franchise system !!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Quote: kinleycat "Absolute tosh! With the squad the kiwis had, they were capable of playing some footy, bit they were too busy playing big man rugby and there main form of attack was stopping the oppositions attack, and that is rubbish!
Until the RFL see this and force clubs happy with mediocre players from overseas and a national coach happy to pick players who dont know the words to the national anthem, pointless will be our pursuit of the antipodeans.'"

Sorry but you're wrong. Yes the Kiwis got their tactics very wrong but if they had there first choice team out they'd have beaten us anyway. And as you say they were still capable of playing some footy but didn't. Just goes to show the strength in depth they have now. Three teams reaching grand finals last year. If thats going backwards then i'll have some of it thanks.
As for the kids yes they deserve a chance but only when they are ready. If they aren't up to the task then they'll not develop no matter how much game time they get. As I said in my first post, it comes down to coaching. The Aussies & Kiwis get there chances earlier in life because they are ready earlier, purely down to the higher standards of junior development.
The average overseas players can go yes, the sooner the better. But the sad state of affairs is that right now those players are better than a lot of the english players and to kick them out would actually lower the standard of SL. If the kids are not yet ready then i'm afraid they'll be staying until they are. Invest in the kids and in ten years we may get to where we want to be but to right now theres no chance of it changing anytime soon.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

a rather enjoyable evening watching Oz in the second half

England should of mixed it at the start of the second half as they was given an opportunity to stay close score wise and a bit of claret wouldn't of gone a miss, what happened a whimper icon_sad.gif

in fact the lads in front of us was more entertained flicking elastic bands at one miserable camera man that couldn't take a joke and made it worse by complaining to the stewards the wuss icon_lol.gif

the after match celebrations and the walk around two of our Stanley players had each received Gregg Igliss's boot icon_eek.gif and another that was a mascot got Thurston's boots and a picture

I know its not only me complaining but the RFL should pull they head out of the sand and take the smack on the chin as they are just clueless

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

That was a depressing spectacle; our pack did plenty of hard work, but the backs bottled it big time - Tomkins was like a rabbit in the headlights, Chase was totally ineffectual and Sinfield kicked like a pub footballer. Just awful.

Hopes were raised by a competent performance against a sub-par and ill-disciplined Kiwi side; we should have known better.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4889
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Totaly out played and out classed as for the decisions hers my take

The disallowed first Aussie try should have been awareded Ian Smith should hang his head in shame if we have to make decisions like that to compete with the best.

Ryan Halls penalty try I am sure others will have a differing view but when he copped it from Thurston he still had control of the ball and then dropped it over the line a penalty for me not a penalty try Smith again bottled it.

The second Aussie try I thought it was a try all day long in slow motion and a fantastic effort. Sky claime dhis shirt touched the line for me benefit of the doubt.

As for the team clear out those that are not born in England and clear out the old boys network and ensure the coach clears off no where near good enough.

The pivot of Westwood Chase and Sinfield were laughable compared to the other side who totaly dominated. I dont think the Aussies hit top gear.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I noticed a loan Morley walking around at the end of the game looking quite dejected,

on his 50th appearance he had high hopes of ending a barren run of defeats I now wonder if he is pondering retirement from the international scene now? as it did look like the engine is starting to slow down

for me he will be always be able to hold his head high and say he tried for the cause

RankPostsTeam
International Star974No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: snowie "I noticed a loan Morley walking around at the end of the game looking quite dejected,

on his 50th appearance he had high hopes of ending a barren run of defeats I now wonder if he is pondering retirement from the international scene now? as it did look like the engine is starting to slow down

for me he will be always be able to hold his head high and say he tried for the cause'"

I'm afraid it's a sad indictment on the English game that Morley and Peacock have actually been involved in the four nations. Both have been excellent players in the past but neither are international standard. It just shows how woefully short of class props we are in this country.

Another thing, Sinfield never was and never will be a stand off - he can't make a break and in any case is too slow. Chase is out of his depth.

I'm afraid we're still light years behind the Aussies. They play RL with purpose, speed and skill. Thay have power and on attack they all move forward as a unit - we don't and the difference is very evident. To compete we have to step up big style and it won't be done overnight.

77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.955078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
18m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
19m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
19m
Film game
Boss Hog
21m
Shopping list for 2025
Dave K.
27m
Rumours thread
Wollo-Wollo-
28m
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
LeythIg
32m
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
38m
Hudds
RfE
56m
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
19s
Shopping list for 2025
Dave K.
20s
Play offs
newcat
24s
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
26s
2024 Disciplinary
Jack Burton
33s
Recruitment rumours and links
Howfenwire
38s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
krisleeds
46s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
48s
George Williams
Howfenwire
49s
RD 25 Hull FC H
ploinerrhino
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,475 ↓-7580,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20